The Transformative Power of Detention

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

Hilfskreuzer Möwe
Northern Raider of Sovereign Commerce
Location: R R R SS Voltaire 47N 31 26W 22 R R R SS Voltaire 47N 31 2 [signal lost]

The Transformative Power of Detention

Post by Hilfskreuzer Möwe »

Spotted this pair of stories, involving a self-declared Sovereign Citizen named Muhhammad (or Muhammed) Abdel Hakeem of Muskegon who claimed “diplomatic immunity”, after being arrested following threats that Hakeem would shoot a utility worker:
The utility worker fled, police were called, Hakeem was pepper-sprayed, and while he initial fussed about sovereign and diplomatic immunity, his arraignment judge reported later “He was polite as can be.”

Amazing what a few days in a small enclosed space can do.

SMS Möwe
That’s you and your crew, Mr. Hilfskreuzer. You’re just like a vampire, you must feel quite good about while the blood is dripping down from your lips onto the page or the typing, uhm keyboard there... [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNMoUnUiDqg at 11:25]
The Observer
Further Moderator

Re: The Transformative Power of Detention

Post by The Observer »

Hilfskreuzer Möwe wrote:Amazing what a few days in a small enclosed space can do.
But did it also cause him to relinquish his claims of being a sovereign citizen? If not, I can only see this guy repeating this nonsense in the future when he has to face the consequences of not paying another bill. I would not be surprised to see him explaining why he became cooperative: "Well, since I had been kidnapped and turned into personal property of the illicit government of Canada, I had no choice but to redeem myself under their rules. Next time, I will be better prepared with more knowledge of sovrun procedures and laws so that I cannot come under their power."
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Yeah, but once you submit there's no real undoing it without a completely different procedure.

Once you go slack, you never go back. Keep on keeping on, you nutty little freaks. Putting your sovereign stupid on display really warns the sane away.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Lambkin
Warder of the Quatloosian Gibbet

Post by Lambkin »

We'll see about that transformation. Check back in 90 days.
http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/inde ... verei.html
Muhhammad Abdel Hakeem, a Muskegon man claiming to be a “sovereign citizen,” caused quite a scene early Thursday morning in the courtroom of Muskegon County 60th District Court Judge Michael J. Nolan, and Hakeem was subsequently arrested for contempt of court.

Hakeem, 36, made a slew of poor decisions, according to the judge, at his appearance for a preliminary examination Thursday, Nov. 7, that ultimately landed him more jail time.

Court records indicate he was sent to jail for 93 days.
“I don’t care to give you a bad time, but you’re either going to cooperate with the court proceeding or go to jail,” the judge said.

Hakeem argued with Nolan briefly and the judge again warned him that he would go to jail if he didn’t take a seat.

“You can have a seat or go to jail,” Nolan said.

At some point, Hakeem turned to walk out of the courtroom.

That, apparently, was the final straw for the judge.

“Alright,” Nolan told the deputies. “Take him to jail.”
AndyK
Illuminatian Revenue Supremo Emeritus

Post by AndyK »

Sovereignoramity is the last resort of
an extensive criminal history including larceny from a motor vehicle, uttering and publishing, malicious destruction of property, manufacture/distribution of less than 25 grams of a controlled substance and numerous misdemeanor assault and batteries.
Taxes are the price we pay for a free society and to cover the responsibilities of the evaders
Lambkin
Warder of the Quatloosian Gibbet

Post by Lambkin »

Who's up for another round?
http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/inde ... ful_i.html
“Sovereign citizen” Muhhammad Abdel Hakeem, after two weeks in the Muskegon County Jail for contempt of court for defying a judge at an earlier court date, was quiet and respectful in the courtroom Thursday, Nov. 21.

The result: Muskegon County 60th District Judge Michael J. Nolan ordered him freed, suspending the rest of his 93-day contempt sentence.

But the judge took the opportunity for a brief lecture.

“Mr. Hakeem, I don’t know what you’re doing, but your program has got to change ... You’re just making life miserable for you and everybody around you,” Nolan said.

Asked if he had any questions, Hakeem replied, “No, sir.”