It sounds like baahhh, oink (Ernie Tertelgte)

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Re: It sounds like baahhh, oink (Ernie Tertelgte)

Post by wserra »

Wow! Notasov! Haven't seen you in a while. Welcome back.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Montana Notasovrun, thx. I know from past and personal experience that MT has some seriously weird and independent types up there, but I think Ernie is pushing the envelope or what ever you want to call it. I have heard from other sources that Ernie has a big family and is fairly well off, do you know anything about that.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

If Ernie is well off, he is probably hiding ownership of real estate in Montana. The Montana Cadastral doesn't show any property there under his name.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

That was property data from a Lexis file available to me when I was in federal employment.
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

In some of the courts in that part of Montana the judges are non-lawyer appointed to handle small claims and traffic courts, so I wonder if they are aware of the flaws in Ernie's arguments or in Ernie's track record.

Altho Ernie has gone to jail, it is not clear if he is paying his fines or if he is complying with court orders (e.g., to obtain hunting/ fishing license, to obtain a driving license, etc.).

I am not privy to the thoughts going on in his head. He was active in the local Tea Party some years back. I think maybe he fancies himself the man on horseback for an alt-right revolution.
TheNewSaint
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by TheNewSaint »

fortinbras wrote:Altho [Ernie Tergelte's] adherents paint him as a sort of hermit living in the trees, he has a farm worth more than a quarter million
If that's a formal valuation, $250,000 isn't much of a farm. That amount won't even buy you one combine. Farms can be worth huge amounts on paper, because of the value of arable land and expensive equipment. Farm families often have estate tax problems for this reason.

Edit: rewording for clarity
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

TheNewSaint wrote:
fortinbras wrote:Altho [Ernie Tergelte's] adherents paint him as a sort of hermit living in the trees, he has a farm worth more than a quarter million
If that's a formal valuation, $250,000 isn't much of a farm. That amount won't even buy you one combine. Farms can be worth huge amounts on paper, because of the value of arable land and expensive equipment. Farm families often have estate tax problems for this reason.

Edit: rewording for clarity
Agreed. While prices vary across the state, $250,000 does not get you much in terms of a farm that can be considered self-sustaining, let alone profitable. Especially if you do not have water rights for that land; having to pay others for the right to irrigate that land is another expense to have to factor into the balance sheet.

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
notorial dissent

My feeling/suspicion, is that if it, the property, was worth so much and was a thriving enterprise he wouldn't have time for this nutbaggery.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

I must admit that, from my point of view at the far end of the country, I have no particular insight into Ernie's credit rating or business activities. Perhaps someone in his neighborhood can give us a more informative report on him. I have no idea what Ernie is up to when he's not being a jackass.

Judging from all the kinky happenings in Montana, starting with the Montana Militia and Leroy Schweitzer, and working its way through Rodney Skurdal and down to Ernie, these nuts are plentiful AND have lots of time on their hands.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

fortinbras wrote:Judging from all the kinky happenings in Montana, starting with the Montana Militia and Leroy Schweitzer, and working its way through Rodney Skurdal and down to Ernie, these nuts are plentiful AND have lots of time on their hands.
I agree with ND that the only reason they have time on their hands is because these nuts are basically living day-to-day and have no substantial wealth (or if they did, they squandered it or lost It over their pet theories and beliefs). A well-to-do person or even a person who is self-supporting simply doesn't have the time to waste on this nonsense.

Ernie mentioned something about carpentry in one of his videos, so I am guessing that he does handyman jobs in his area for cash. Perusing through some of the local papers in western Montana there are quite a few of these guys offering their services.

notorial dissent

Agreed, if Ernie had any kind of successful venture, he'd be too busy for any of this nonsense. Actually ranching and/or farming is a full time occupation that doesn't leave time for anything much else, certainly not this.
Montana Notasovrun
Cannoneer
Cannoneer
Location: I was turned loose somewhere in the middle of Montana

Post by Montana Notasovrun »

The newest Ernie matter involves a Driving While Suspended ticket. He did not show up for court and a warrant was issued. He spent some time in jail refusing to post bond. He was then released on his own recognizance. A pre-trial and jury confirmation hearing are next, then the jury trial. Ernie's next 10 minutes of fame are all he is seeking IMHO. He sure sounds like a true believer though. Juries in Eureka can make trials interesting, but I don't think they will warm up to this outsider all that much. Eureka does have some interesting citizens. We'll see.
Blackbeard
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by Blackbeard »

Looks like ol' Ernie got into a wrestling match at his trial.

https://youtu.be/Z2pbeLKakiY
And ye shall know the idiots by their red-stained thumbs.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

I was afraid someone would try to grab the guard's gun.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
notorial dissent

I guess good ole Ernie must like jail. His acolyte seems to be about as dumb and clueless as he is.
wserra

Post by wserra »

Tasers, guys, tasers.

They have the additional benefit of making for very entertaining video.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
notorial dissent

wserra wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:34 am Tasers, guys, tasers.

They have the additional benefit of making for very entertaining video.
Couldn't happen to a nicer more deserving guy either.
BoomerSooner17

Post by BoomerSooner17 »

The fringed buckskins and tricorn hats are a nice touch. Nothing says "I reject your authority and substitute my own" like wearing leftover costumes from the 1960's Daniel Boone show.
"Never in the field of human conflict, was so much owed (but not paid), by so few, to so many." - Sir Winston Churchill
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

BoomerSooner17 wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:55 pm The fringed buckskins and tricorn hats are a nice touch. Nothing says "I reject your authority and substitute my own" like wearing leftover costumes from the 1960's Daniel Boone show.
I have a theory, if you notice, once he lost the hat, he seemed to lose all his power over the court. Therefore we most conclude that he derives all his power and authority through the hat. The hat is key to their power. Once you don the hat you can not be defeated in court. Therefore a simple way to defeat him would be to required hat removal, before court. Perhaps the hat is it own sort of sentient being who controls the mind under it.

I wonder if he sleeps with it...
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
BoomerSooner17

Post by BoomerSooner17 »

NYGman wrote:
I have a theory, if you notice, once he lost the hat, he seemed to lose all his power over the court. Therefore we most conclude that he derives all his power and authority through the hat. The hat is key to their power. Once you don the hat you can not be defeated in court. Therefore a simple way to defeat him would be to required hat removal, before court. Perhaps the hat is it own sort of sentient being who controls the mind under it.
But since the act of removing one's hat as a sign of deference to a superior is the origin of the military salute, that would put anyone who removes their hat under Admiralty jurisdiction!
"Never in the field of human conflict, was so much owed (but not paid), by so few, to so many." - Sir Winston Churchill