It sounds like baahhh, oink (Ernie Tertelgte)

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Re: It sounds like baahhh, oink (Ernie Tertelgte)

Post by fortinbras »

Does anyone have any RECENT news or info about Tertelgte??? His video is still viral as if it were fresh news.
LightinDarkness
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by LightinDarkness »

I would like to know what happened to him too. But even if he was put in jail that video will stay viral for sovereigns, its basically fantasy fulfillment for them. They dream that they can walk into court rooms and act like that and nothing happen to them. 99.99% of the time, they are wrong, but for some reason the judges are especially lenient in the case of Ernie.
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

It turns out that a short stretch in jail didn't teach Ernie Tertelgte much.

In May 2015 he shows up in the audience part of a courtroom for someone else's hearing and manages to intimidate the judge and bailiff and evidently a cop or two. It seems that he brought a small mob with him to back him up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uamD3iJDy5s

The video is absolutely wretched, despite the fact that it is duplicated several times on Youtube.
I would greatly appreciate any background clarification on what happened - before, during, and after the video.
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

A correction to the previous entry. Although this bit of video (about 8 minutes long) was posted and went viral on Youtube in May 2015, it was actually a film of an event that occurred in mid-November 2012, in the Livingston (Montana) Justice of the Peace Court, with JP Linda Budeski presiding. The defendant, former Republican State Rep. Joel Boniek, was charged with running a police roadblock during a forest fire; he not only crashed the barriers, but tried to pull a gun on the policeman arresting him. When Tertelgte started his tantrum, JP Budeski recessed the court and left the bench (it is Boniek who is yelling that he's in charge now), and very shortly after this video ends, several cops came in and cleared out the courtroom. Boniek had a suspicious bulge under his jacket but he refused to be frisked to see if he had brought a gun into court. Boniek was made to come back for some hearings and then a trial - always with a full complement of policemen in the courtroom and no more tantrums - and he lost, being convicted for resisting arrest, and other offenses and fined more than $1000.
http://ravallirepublic.com/news/state-a ... 4abac.html

Tertelgte was not arrested for this but in the next year, when he threw a similar tantrum in a Bozeman court, he was jailed for contempt.

I don't know why the video was kept under wraps until now, or why the person who posted it attached a comment that indicates that this childish behavior succeeds.
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Ernie has apparently been arrested again.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Was the arrest related to this story?

http://montana.redoubtnews.com/2016/09/ ... ack-court/
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

I haven't had time to dig into the details, Ernie or one of his buddies posted this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A87_ktdFGHQ

Very little information, I didn't hear what the charges were or what it was about but there was a mention that he was recently incarcerated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQf3AAg_SWA

Ernie released this one hour video that according to the description describes the situation but I haven't seen it so I don't know what is going on. And I probably will not watch the video.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Ernie released this one hour video that according to the description describes the situation but I haven't seen it so I don't know what is going on. And I probably will not watch the video.
Watched the first couple of minutes, but when Ernie started explaining that the bench warrant issued for his arrest was really a bank bond (because the word "bench" has its origins in an old Latin word for "bank") I knew that this was not going to get any better.

And now Ernie has decided that he can be protected by "no trespassing" signs around his neck.

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

But isn't NO HUNTING an infringement on the Second Amendment?

And isn't NO TRESPASSING an infringement on the Right to Travel?

Some freedom loving sovcit needs to step up there.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
GlimDropper

Post by GlimDropper »

Hah, that sign is in all caps so it obviously doesn't apply to Ernie. These things cut both ways or not at all.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

I find it revealing that one of the sidebar stories mocks someone else for being a "snowflake who needs a safe space." It doesn't get any more special little snowflake than Ernie Tertelgte, and everyone else who thinks laws don't apply to them because they're a self-proclaimed "free man on the land", or whatever.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

TheNewSaint wrote:I find it revealing that one of the sidebar stories mocks someone else for being a "snowflake who needs a safe space." It doesn't get any more special little snowflake than Ernie Tertelgte, and everyone else who thinks laws don't apply to them because they're a self-proclaimed "free man on the land", or whatever.
Not to put too fine a point on that, but Ernie and his ilk argue that there are laws that do apply to them and that it is the government is violating them and their protection. Their point is that the laws that are passed by the states and the fed violate the Constitution, natural law, the Declaration of Independence, the Magna Charta. the Bible and whatever other writing they rationalize as being the supreme law of the land.

fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

Ernie's argument that the driver license laws don'tapply to noncommercial driving have been rejected by every court that has heard them (and, by implication, the US Supreme Court), including the Montana courts:

State v. Skurdal (1988) 235 Mont 291, 767 P2d 304;
https://scholar.google.com/scholar_case ... 5559721229

State v. Jackson (2015) 378 Mont 542, 348 P3d 673.
https://scholar.google.com/scholar_case ... 8361556213
Last edited by fortinbras on Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

The Observer wrote:Not to put too fine a point on that, but Ernie and his ilk argue that there are laws that do apply to them and that it is the government is violating them and their protection. Their point is that the laws that are passed by the states and the fed violate the Constitution, natural law, the Declaration of Independence, the Magna Charta. the Bible and whatever other writing they rationalize as being the supreme law of the land.
What Fortinbras said. They continue to persist in these beliefs no matter how many times they lose in court. They refuse to give up their tortured, self-serving interpretations. They continue to annoy, endanger, and infringe upon the rights of other people. Snowflakes, the lot of 'em.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

The Observer wrote:
Watched the first couple of minutes, but when Ernie started explaining that the bench warrant issued for his arrest was really a bank bond (because the word "bench" has its origins in an old Latin word for "bank") I knew that this was not going to get any better.

And now Ernie has decided that he can be protected by "no trespassing" signs around his neck.

He also has the (ahahaha) United States Civil Flag of Peace (or whatever it's called) tied around his neck like a Superman cape... or perhaps more aptly, a Ghost Dancer's shirt.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

Their point is that the laws that are passed by the states and the fed violate the Constitution, natural law, the Declaration of Independence, the Magna Charta. the Bible and whatever other writing they rationalize as being the supreme law of the land.
At Miskatonic, we learned that the Necronomicon is actually the Supreme Law.
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

According to the video, Ernie has already been in jail ten times. Evidently he likes the food, or the swinging singles scene, or something because he seems determined to go back.

Altho his adherents paint him as a sort of hermit living in the trees, he has a fairly large family, a farm worth more than a quarter million, a household income well above the national average, and rather obviously is well-fed.

Evidently he didn't do as well in court as he bragged in the videos because the various "media" conveying his words somehow neglected to do any follow-up reports on his court case.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Unless I'm badly mis-remembering, his adventures started over a fishing license, as in not having one, violation. He has been in and out of court for various things since. I think the latest round though is over lack of drivers license and the usual. He sees himself as a crusader.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

notorial dissent wrote:Unless I'm badly mis-remembering, his adventures started over a fishing license, as in not having one, violation. He has been in and out of court for various things since. I think the latest round though is over lack of drivers license and the usual. He sees himself as a crusader.
I fully agree, ND. This is Ernie striving to get his 15 minutes of fame, to put himself front and center as the true leader of the sovrun movement. He has not gotten as strange as Gene "Togadude" Chapman but there are some eerie parallels. I wonder if a DNA comparison would reveal a close blood relationship.

Montana Notasovrun
Cannoneer
Cannoneer
Location: I was turned loose somewhere in the middle of Montana

Post by Montana Notasovrun »

Ernie seems to have moved to Lincoln County. This is a more rural county than Gallatin County where he made his last videos. The court is the Town of Eureka, Montana court. Some of Ernie's past followers have proved to be dangerous. William Wolf was an ardent supporter - now a federal inmate. The only thing worse than being Ernie is believing in him.
I will try to talk to people in know in that county to see what happens. Ernie's view of what is really happening is off just a tad.