It sounds like baahhh, oink (Ernie Tertelgte)

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

davids
Farting Cow Emeritus

It sounds like baahhh, oink (Ernie Tertelgte)

Post by davids »

Well, it does, kinda. See video below for urbane manhattanite gentleman, patiently informing the court of his sovrunness:

http://www.kbzk.com/news/packed-courtro ... a-license/
davids
Farting Cow Emeritus

Re: It sounds like baahhh, oink

Post by davids »

OK, so I lied. He's kind of dirty, is from Manhattan, Montana, and is a raving nut. But it's still entertaining. I predict more of he same in future.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Re: It sounds like baahhh, oink

Post by wserra »

Piece of advice for Judge Drusch, from someone who's spent a lifetime in courtrooms: don't threaten contempt unless you're prepared to impose it.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
AFTP
The Voice of a Free Quatloosia

New Sov. on the Block

Post by AFTP »

As far as I can tell this is a new guru and his followers.

http://thecitizenscolumn.com/the-people ... must-watch
Whenever you hear a man speak of his love for his Country, it is a sign he expects to be paid for it. – H. L. Mencken

Death and Taxes. Ya Think?
BBFlatt
Captain
Captain

Re: New Sov. on the Block

Post by BBFlatt »

When the last law was down and the devil turned 'round on you where would you hide, the laws all being flat? ...Yes, I'd give the devil the benefit of the law, for my own safety's sake. -- Robert Bolt; A Man for all Seasons
wserra

Re: It sounds like baahhh, oink (Ernie Tertelgte)

Post by wserra »

Threads merged, thread title edited to avoid confusion by adding name of Gabby Johnson look- and sound-alike.
- David Hume
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

This bit has suddenly become viral. Evidently the video was taken by a member of Ernie's entourage.

I suspect that the judge - in rural Montana they're so bereft of lawyers that a lot of the local judges are civilians who have not been to law school - expected a tad more support than she actually got from the court staff, esp the policeman. If the fuss with the Montana Freemen of 20 years ago is any indication, the Montana state and municipal law enforcement is entirely intimidated by these types (I'd bet Tertelgte had a gun, possibly on his person, most assuredly in his car, when this video was made); the FBI had to step in to bring in the original Freemen because the local police were too sparse and outgunned by the crazies - the FBI intervention, however, probably saved the Freemen from the righteous indignation of some of the locals, who were sick and tired of worthless funny money and the like.

Assuming the pattern of 1995 continues, Tertelgte may or may not come back to court, he will lose the case, the judge will order him to pay a fine and maybe some jail time -- and nothing will actually happen because the local cops will be afraid to approach his car or to try to take him into custody for fear of being shot.
wserra

Post by wserra »

fortinbras wrote:This bit has suddenly become viral.
Then maybe some other facts should be out there as well.

Tertelgte obviously wants to come off as a rugged individualist type - I don't need anything from the government, and they don't have any power over me. That's not exactly an accurate picture.

Tertelgte has twice declared bankruptcy, once in 1997 and then again in 2005. 1997 is too early for the petition to be on PACER, but 2005 isn't. It does show some medical bills, but well over half of Tertelgte's unsecured debt was credit card purchases. And his wife was on Social Security disability. God knows that I have nothing against people who need to file for bankruptcy or collect SSD. But Tertelgte's type of rugged individualist has nothing to do with government unless he wants something from it.
- David Hume
AFTP
The Voice of a Free Quatloosia

Post by AFTP »

What I noticed about this guy is he's really in tune with his dilution! :roll:
Whenever you hear a man speak of his love for his Country, it is a sign he expects to be paid for it. – H. L. Mencken

Death and Taxes. Ya Think?
Kestrel
Endangerer of Stupid Species

Post by Kestrel »

wserra wrote:Tertelgte's type of rugged individualist has nothing to do with government unless he wants something from it.
Yes, indeed.

In filing those bankruptcies he implicitly says he has no problem with filing his federal tax returns, seeing as that's a requirement to get a discharge. And he has no problem asking the big bad federal gummint courts to get those nasty corporate bill collectors off his back.

But other than that he doesn't need anything from the gummint. No sir, nothing at all.
"Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig." - Robert Heinlein
Hilfskreuzer Möwe
Northern Raider of Sovereign Commerce
Location: R R R SS Voltaire 47N 31 26W 22 R R R SS Voltaire 47N 31 2 [signal lost]

Post by Hilfskreuzer Möwe »

And Ernie is found guilty, and ordered to pay a $150 fine:
At least Rob Menard and the dregs of his Freeman legions are sympathetic:
I particularly like the manner in which the news reporter characterizes Ernie as "A Manhattan man". Nice little jab.

SMS Möwe
That’s you and your crew, Mr. Hilfskreuzer. You’re just like a vampire, you must feel quite good about while the blood is dripping down from your lips onto the page or the typing, uhm keyboard there... [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNMoUnUiDqg at 11:25]
rumpelstilzchen
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

Hilfskreuzer Möwe wrote:And Ernie is found guilty, and ordered to pay a $150 fine:
The previous article (linked to in the OP) stated that his next appearance would be in January :?
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

rumpelstilzchen wrote:
Hilfskreuzer Möwe wrote:And Ernie is found guilty, and ordered to pay a $150 fine:
The previous article (linked to in the OP) stated that his next appearance would be in January :?
Who's taking odds that Tertelgte will come up with some sovrun excuse not to pay the fine?
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

The "Mountain Man", incidentally, was found guilty (I was told, by a jury, but I am not sure of that; it may have been a judge's decision) of violating the fish & game laws, a misdemeanor, and fined $150. This is a video which, as far as I know, is the only available scrap of his trial. He attained a courtroom perfecta of rudeness and ignorance and managed to get hauled out for gross contempt, which, since he was pro se (except refusing to concede that he was the defendant), pretty much ended his share of the trial. In my limited experience, the judge was very patient with him; in the big city, some judges would have him taken out in the first minute.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=703_1385 ... comments=1
LightinDarkness

Post by LightinDarkness »

The pretrial hearing is also a gem: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=521_1384992875

I have to hand it to the justice here, she has the patience of the saints. She let this nutter yell at her, ramble on, interrupt, etc.

As I believe wserra has said before, the problem is that these idiots are given too much a latitude. Enough with threatening contempt, judges, actually charge them with contempt after warning them. Even crazy people get their day in court and have a right to babble soverign citizen gibberish, but only to a certain extent.

In the pretrial hearing the judge steps out of the room for a minute and the nutter and his group of sov'run friends all run out of the room declaring she had "abandoned the court" - what I don't get is why she didn't turn right around and issue a warrant for his arrest for failure to appear?

Sov'runs pull this stuff because they know the judges will let them put on a dog and pony show.
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

I had a tough time getting details beyond the videos themselves, but the judge in Tertelgte's hearing and trial was a Justice of the Peace. In rural Montana lawyers are scarce enough that a lot of minor cases, primarily traffic or fish & game, are entrusted to non-lawyer JPs. Appeals, of course, would go to a regular judge. Presumably the JP exercises a good deal of self-restraint so as not to be found in the wrong on appeal. At the same time, if the experience with the Montana Freemen of a generation ago is any indication, the rural police are somewhat intimidated by these people - who are, invariably, well-armed, usually have a sizeable bunch of friends who are similarly well-armed, and not above threatening to go Jerry Kane on policemen who spoil their fun. In the prelim hearing it would seem that the JP was hoping for a bit more assertive courtroom control by the courtroom cop - and didn't get it.

Also found this video, Tertelgte supposedly before his trial. Such a demonstration outside a courthouse in a big city would get him arrested. Quite a bit of anti-Catholic talk. Toward the end of the video we see his wife, and a man who may be a buddy or relation who is conspicuously armed with two handguns.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgGkjRLNy04
davids
Farting Cow Emeritus

Post by davids »

AFTP wrote:What I noticed about this guy is he's really in tune with his dilution! :roll:
and his delusion as well! I don't think he's been diluting much, but rather, drinking it straight, whether whiskey or cool-aid. Especially cool-aid.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

And, from Planet Merrill, another take on the subject:

http://savingtosuitorsclub.net/showthre ... -handcuffs

That great legal scholar David Merrill has the subject NAILED! :snicker: :snicker: :snicker:
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Pottapaug1938 wrote:And, from Planet Merrill, another take on the subject:

http://savingtosuitorsclub.net/showthre ... -handcuffs

That great legal scholar David Merrill has the subject NAILED! :snicker: :snicker: :snicker:
Actually, I was disappointed. I thought surely he would recommend stamping every fish caught "redeemed for lawful money" in red ink and return them to the water.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
wserra

Post by wserra »

"Redeemed for lawful guppy." Please.
- David Hume