Gregory Foland doesn't know his name

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

Lambkin
Warder of the Quatloosian Gibbet

Gregory Foland doesn't know his name

Post by Lambkin »

Enjoy...
http://www.timesunion.com/local/article ... 997550.php
Foland, 46, a reputed member of the anti-government sovereign citizen movement, refused to answer questions Wednesday during his arraignment on tax evasion charges before Albany County Judge Stephen Herrick.
"Are you, in fact, Gregory Foland?" Herrick asked.

When Foland hedged and began speaking, Herrick cut him off.

"That's a 'yes' or 'no.' Are you Gregory Foland?" the judge asked.

"I just didn't know if you're using legal language or are you talking to the man?"
Just to cut to the chase...
"I'm remanding you," Herrick said. " I'll bring you back tomorrow and I'll bring you back Friday and I'll bring you back Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday until you try to respond to the questions that I need to ask of you in order to proceed with your due process."
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Re: Gregory Foland doesn't know his name

Post by fortinbras »

When he was arrested in the Montana Freemen confrontation, Leroy Schweitzer tried denying who he was. In his jail cell, an officer would occasionally stick his head in and inquire if Leroy Schweitzer were there, and Schweitzer would answer in the negative. Somehow Schweitzer never figured out that this contributed to the fact - which he much complained about - that nobody ever brought him any meals.
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

Coincidentally, I recently ran into an entire thread on Marc Stevens's web site devoted to this kind of passive-aggressive crap.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

As we discussed, at least one of Stevens' followers has gone to jail for it.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Lambkin
Warder of the Quatloosian Gibbet

Post by Lambkin »

http://www.timesunion.com/local/article ... 277667.php
Gregory Foland, 46, of Colonie, admitted to repeated failure to file personal income tax returns for three consecutive tax years before Albany County Court Judge Stephen Herrick, District Attorney David Soares' office said.
At a hearing last fall, Foland, reputedly a member of the anti-government sovereign citizen movement, evaded several questions — including those about his name — put to him by the judge, whom he called "Steve." The appearance ended with the Herrick holding him in contempt of court.