Victor Cheng

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

Lambkin
Warder of the Quatloosian Gibbet

Victor Cheng

Post by Lambkin »

This one is a couple months old but I don't think we have discussed Mr Cheng, who is the first sovereign citizen I have heard of who represented himself through a Cantonese interpreter.
http://www.pe.com/local-news/riverside- ... is-own.ece
While a Temecula family went on vacation last August, someone broke into their house, changed the locks, piled most of their belongings in the garage and made himself at home.

It was the previous owner.

Victor Cheng, 48, had been evicted along with his wife in 2010 after the house went into foreclosure. But within a few days of the Attas’ departure for their trip, Cheng had filed a fraudulent deed with the Riverside County recorder’s office laying claim to the property, a prosecutor told jurors in a Riverside courtroom Tuesday, Sept. 3.

Prosecutors said Cheng subscribes to “sovereign citizen” ideology and therefore believes the law does not apply to him and that he is the rightful owner of the Atta home.
Lambkin

Re: Victor Cheng

Post by Lambkin »

http://nesaranews.blogspot.com/2013/04/ ... enson.html
Yesterday at Victor Cheng's court hearing, Tom Benson was arrested on an EFT related charge. Please show up today at:
RIVERSIDE HALL OF JUSTICE
4100 Main Street, Riverside, Ca. 92501
Time: 1:30
Date: 4-11-2013
Lambkin

Post by Lambkin »

Cheng apologized, claimed he was duped, got a lawyer, and avoided jail time.

http://www.pe.com/local-news/riverside- ... tenced.ece
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Sometimes the light dawns, or at least we hope it does.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
davids
Farting Cow Emeritus

Post by davids »

From the site that Lambkin linked to:

"Yesterday at Victor Cheng's court hearing, Tom Benson was arrested on an EFT related charge. Please show up today at: RIVERSIDE HALL OF JUSTICE4100 Main Street, Riverside, Ca. 92501Time: 1:30
Date: 4-11-2013Victor's Court next appearance: May 15, 2013 - Please show up in support as "The People". Update Below. "

How little do they understand about the way our system of government works? Do they really think if they grab a handful of yayhoos and go down to the courthouse, and say "we are the People and we want you to dismiss Mr. Cheng" that would happen? :haha:

I am thinking that perhaps the person who posted that was once called one of "those people."
Kestrel
Endangerer of Stupid Species

Post by Kestrel »

Bovine, Flatulating: wrote:From the site that Lambkin linked to:

"Yesterday at Victor Cheng's court hearing, Tom Benson was arrested on an EFT related charge. Please show up today at: RIVERSIDE HALL OF JUSTICE4100 Main Street, Riverside, Ca. 92501Time: 1:30
Date: 4-11-2013
Victor's Court next appearance: May 15, 2013 - Please show up in support as "The People". Update Below. "
Curious. The last update was posted nine months ago. The great Show Of Support must not have been much of a show.
We Need a FULL Courtroom to show these criminals we will support and defend each other from their criminal activities and Hold them Liable.

After all events, we will have an Affidavit of Events meeting. We are intending to have a special local Sheriff and Federal Law Enforcement there to witness any unlawful acts.
It's pretty bad when the crickets don't even chirp at MacHaffie.
"Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig." - Robert Heinlein
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Bovine, Flatulating: wrote:How little do they understand about the way our system of government works? Do they really think if they grab a handful of yayhoos and go down to the courthouse, and say "we are the People and we want you to dismiss Mr. Cheng" that would happen?
I think you accurately pinpointed the underlying problem with many of these sovruns. They either do not understand how the legal system works or believe that it is entirely corrupt and can be manipulated by a larger crowd appearing in the courtroom. And both of those beliefs are underpinned by the common factor of not wanting to accept responsibility for the situation that they or their cohhorts have gotten themselves into.

But guess what? They will rinse and repeat this tactic again in the future with a new victim sovrun.
Kestrel wrote:Curious. The last update was posted nine months ago. The great Show Of Support must not have been much of a show.
Yes, quite shocking that a few sovruns fail to stare a judge down and make them rule in favor of the defendant sovrun. I am sure the failure will be blamed on not *enough* sovruns showing up and that if only there had been ' x' more paytriots present, the court would have been forced into making a different ruling.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff