Las Vegas CBS 8 segment on sovereigns

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

Lambkin
Warder of the Quatloosian Gibbet

Las Vegas CBS 8 segment on sovereigns

Post by Lambkin »

The Las Vegas local CBS affiliate produced a nearly five minute segment on the sovereign citizen movement, including David Brutsche, Alfred Adask, descriptions of typical scams, and interviews with law enforcement.

http://www.8newsnow.com/story/24075763/ ... n-movement
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Re: Las Vegas CBS 8 segment on sovereigns

Post by notorial dissent »

They've had a little more up close and personal with it lately than some big cities, and they don't seem to take it lightly the way some jurisdictions do.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

So, when you get locked up in Vegas, does it stay in Vegas, or just you stay in Vegas?
:Axe:
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Unidyne
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Unidyne »

I live just outside of Las Vegas. Just remember that this is the city that gave us Irwin Schiff. I've seen a license plate reading "Nevada Republic" with a fake "Diplomat" seal on it, and a "British West Indies" plate on a beat up station wagon.

The passport shown in the clip is the one issued by the World Service Authority. While its aims to establish a "world government", it has no ties to the Sovereign Citizen movement.

And I've always said, "What happens in Vegas shows up on your credit card bill."
Irony: The Ayn Rand® Institute (ARI) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
LightinDarkness

Post by LightinDarkness »

One thing that annoys me is when news media attempts to maintain a false sense of balance when it comes to the sov'runs. In this case this is better than some, but for instance they still can't help but label the sov'run mythology as "controversial beliefs". They aren't controversial beliefs, they are a made up mythology. No one takes them seriously except the sov'runs.

Two other issues:

(1) The report also tries to draw a false dichotomy as if there were a faction of sov'runs "peacefully advocating for the end of federalism" versus the insane sov'runs babbling on about their strawman. The problem is there is no sane faction of sov'runs, by their very mythology if you are a sov'run you believe in something that is objectively false.

(2) I would agree that there is no unifying profile of sov'runs - they come from every background. However, the reports also implies there is no central mythology. While its true sov'run mythology is varied, I would say there are a few unifying components. For example, no matter what the flavor of nuttery a individual sov'run adheres to, every type of sov'run believes in the whole "I am not a person" BS.
ashlynne39
Illuminated Legate of Illustrious Legs

Post by ashlynne39 »

Lambkin wrote:The Las Vegas local CBS affiliate produced a nearly five minute segment on the sovereign citizen movement, including David Brutsche, Alfred Adask, descriptions of typical scams, and interviews with law enforcement.

I can't find the story on that link. Any thoughts from someone who did see it?
Unidyne

Post by Unidyne »

ashlynne39 wrote:
Lambkin wrote:The Las Vegas local CBS affiliate produced a nearly five minute segment on the sovereign citizen movement, including David Brutsche, Alfred Adask, descriptions of typical scams, and interviews with law enforcement.

I had no problem watching it. The consensus is that the movement isn't limited to race nor gender. It seemed a level headed and accurate report. If you can't see or hear the video, the article has the full transcript on the page.
ashlynne39

Post by ashlynne39 »

Unidyne wrote:
ashlynne39 wrote:

I had no problem watching it. The consensus is that the movement isn't limited to race nor gender. It seemed a level headed and accurate report. If you can't see or hear the video, the article has the full transcript on the page.
When I click on the link it pulls up a webpage for the news station with a web lot of other links. None of the links say anything about sovereigns. So not only can't I watch the video but I can't see an article. Anyone else?
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

I am able to see the story and video box.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

ashlynne39 wrote:When I click on the link it pulls up a webpage for the news station with a web lot of other links. None of the links say anything about sovereigns. So not only can't I watch the video but I can't see an article. Anyone else?
I'm seeing the article and video with no problem.

Obviously, you're being punished for something you did when you were a child.

Or, maybe at some time you took a right turn on red without coming to a complete stop.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Unidyne

Post by Unidyne »

Perhaps a different browser?
ashlynne39

Post by ashlynne39 »

Unidyne wrote:Perhaps a different browser?
It seems my tablet was the problem. When I used my computer to pull up the link it worked fine.