New Year, New Arguments

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

New Year, New Arguments

Post by grixit »

Let's keep things fresh by making sure that Sovereign Claus has many new arguments for the boys and girls on his Not Liable list.

Jesus walked on water to prove that christians are above Admiralty Law.

"This note is legal tender for all debts, public and private". That means any note can pay any debt. That's right, if you have a debt, even a single $1 denominated FRN will pay it off.

Bring a stepladder to court. That will give you the highest standing, which means you can overrule anyone.

Don't try to issue your own federal bonds, that's crazy. But if you issue your own state bonds, then Congress has to pay them under the Act of Assumption.

If your ancestors owned slaves, you can file for reparations for losing them to the 13th Amendment.

Never bring any cash home. That way it doesn't count as "income" because it has not "come in".
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Re: New Year, New Arguments

Post by notorial dissent »

While I would admit that it would be nice and welcome change of pace to see some new thought in the arena, and fresh ideas floated, you have to admit that the level of originality and creativeness is not what one would call a hallmark, or is that a trait, of the community as a whole, after all, if it were, they wouldn't still be recycling and continuing to lose with ideas that have pretty much been around since before many of us went to pre-school. One can always hope for a little fresh thought and creativity on the subject, but I fear our hopes are going to be dashed on the hard rocks of reality and banality that is the sovrun community, rather like Schulz's delusions of being vindicated, declared the new TP messiah, and magically sprung from his jail cell. I just don't see it happening.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

Happy 2014 to all my fellow Quatloosians!!!
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

notorial dissent wrote:While I would admit that it would be nice and welcome change of pace to see some new thought in the arena, and fresh ideas floated, you have to admit that the level of originality and creativeness is not what one would call a hallmark, or is that a trait, of the community as a whole, after all, if it were, they wouldn't still be recycling and continuing to lose with ideas that have pretty much been around since before many of us went to pre-school. One can always hope for a little fresh thought and creativity on the subject, but I fear our hopes are going to be dashed on the hard rocks of reality and banality that is the sovrun community, rather like Schulz's delusions of being vindicated, declared the new TP messiah, and magically sprung from his jail cell. I just don't see it happening.
Of course. That's why it's up to us to supply them with ideas.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

Honest to God, a good many of the cranks and sovruns peek in on Quatloos every day, and I really, REALLY, don't want to give them any ideas about new forms of idiocy that they can inflict on the courts!
Number Six
Hereditary Margrave of Mooloosia

Post by Number Six »

I guess we have a record of a few people formerly in law enforcement or academia who joined the dark side for profit or argued that it all depends on what the meaning of "is" "'is'". Generally you have swarms of people who would be dangerous if they had a brain, "schwarmers" and reactionaries. If I were trying to pull off a really big con I would look for credibility in all the usual places and hire writers to promote the con in as convincing and appealing ways possible. The more brazen and the longer it takes the promoters to get caught as in the 1990s, the stronger the argument is that they are right. For some the only argument they understand is a frozen bank account or the vehicle in the driveway with the bubblegum lights....
'There are two kinds of injustice: the first is found in those who do an injury, the second in those who fail to protect another from injury when they can.' (Roman. Cicero, De Off. I. vii)

'Choose loss rather than shameful gains.' (Chilon Fr. 10. Diels)
Montana Notasovrun
Cannoneer
Cannoneer
Location: I was turned loose somewhere in the middle of Montana

Post by Montana Notasovrun »

"Bring a stepladder to court. That will give you the highest standing, which means you can overrule anyone."
Would a step stool be sufficient for the lower courts, like traffic court? Geez, they already won't cross the magic line as that would confer jurisdiction, so its a special appearance. They refuse to see that the line has nothing to do with jurisdiction. Well, anyway, I agree there is not much new on the horizon with these folks. For them, there is no success like failure. Somehow that validates their delusion, until they get led away in cuffs. It seems like 30 days gets their attention, for a while.