Fox News article on sovereigns

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

Lambkin
Warder of the Quatloosian Gibbet

Fox News article on sovereigns

Post by Lambkin »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/01/03/so ... schief-to/
Joseph, a self-styled sovereign citizen, thinks mankind has been “hoodwinked” into bowing to governmental authority, making him one of a growing number of Americans who register their alienation from local, state and federal government with nuisance lawsuits, refusal to pay taxes and even violence in extreme cases.

“All are born into the sovereign domain of the prime creator,” Joseph, who declined to give his full name or location, told FoxNews.com in an email.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Re: Fox News article on sovereigns

Post by grixit »

Fox knows how to keep its audience coming back. But Limbaugh and O'Reilly, to name just two who make a lot more money than most sovruns could ever hope to, continue to pay their taxes and enjoy their lifestyles.

Next up: Geraldo Rivera's hard hitting documentary from his 6 month undercover* investigation of state sponsored repression of tax rebels. They file and file, but keep getting convicted-- what's going on?

* he used a different mustache.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

From the linked article, and offered without comment:
"Sovereign citizens don’t call themselves that,” JJ MacNab, who is currently writing a book on the movement, recently blogged.
Also, I found that quote, and "recently" was almost two years ago.

[Moderator: Topic edited to remove politcal commentary]
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Moderator: Comment deleted for being off-topic.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Cathulhu
Order of the Quatloos, Brevet First Class

Post by Cathulhu »

[Moderator: The Observer - post deleted due to it violating the no political/religious-commentary rule and being off-topic for this thread]
Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to. T. Pratchett
Always be a moving target. L.M. Bujold
Number Six
Hereditary Margrave of Mooloosia

Post by Number Six »

[Moderator: The Observer - post deleted due to it violating the no political/religious-commentary rule and being off-topic for this thread]
'There are two kinds of injustice: the first is found in those who do an injury, the second in those who fail to protect another from injury when they can.' (Roman. Cicero, De Off. I. vii)

'Choose loss rather than shameful gains.' (Chilon Fr. 10. Diels)
ashlynne39
Illuminated Legate of Illustrious Legs

Post by ashlynne39 »

Number Six
Hereditary Margrave of Mooloosia

Post by Number Six »

My comment was not political nor should it have been the target for the censor on any reasonable site. It just makes me wonder as other posts by "the observer" as to his actual location, occupation and conscience.
'There are two kinds of injustice: the first is found in those who do an injury, the second in those who fail to protect another from injury when they can.' (Roman. Cicero, De Off. I. vii)

'Choose loss rather than shameful gains.' (Chilon Fr. 10. Diels)
Lambkin
Warder of the Quatloosian Gibbet

Post by Lambkin »

The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Number Six wrote:My comment was not political nor should it have been the target for the censor on any reasonable site. It just makes me wonder as other posts by "the observer" as to his actual location, occupation and conscience.
NS, your comment was deleted because it was off-topic. The topic was getting sidetracked into political commentary and your post was responding to that, not about sovereigns. The thrust of the thread was about sovereigns and not about your opinion of Fox News. And I fail to see the relevance about my "actual location, occupation and conscience" in regards to my moderation of the topic.

If you wish to comment directly on the actual subject matter of a thread, you will find that that your posts will be left well enough alone. If you wander off into areas where the rule of the board has been explicitly not to tolerate political or religious opinions, then you will find your posts moderated.

ashlynne39
Illuminated Legate of Illustrious Legs

Post by ashlynne39 »

The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Due to the increasing number of comments about moderation (or lack thereof in the opinon of the posters), I am removing all comments that did not comment directly on the subject matter and instead wanted to make comments , negative or positive, about Fox News and its coverage.

We are all adults here and should understand the spirit of the rule about no political or religious discussions. Again, I request that you follow that rule in that spirit. Otherwise I will lock the topic.