Anthony Williams - Private Attorney General

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

Jeffrey
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Anthony Williams - Private Attorney General

Post by Jeffrey »

Damn good find Colvin. I’ll cross reference the dates mentioned there but I can guarantee they coincide with the YouTube videos he originally put up of him pretending to be a lawyer in court and related things.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Checked what he's facing if convicted. :shock: 30 x up to 30 years.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
jcolvin2
Grand Master Consul of Quatloosia

Post by jcolvin2 »

Jeffrey wrote:Damn good find Colvin
There are only so many reasons that one might be housed in a federal detention center, and almost all of them involve being charged with a federal crime.
Dick Dastardly
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by Dick Dastardly »

This is interesting, just a few weeks ago I looked him up on the FL dept of corrections site and he was listed but classified as "out of facility" ? or something like that, I assumed he was still in the County system for whatever reason, now I get no hit at all. Well one thing I can promise, he is more comfortable in that federal facility than any facility in FL.
So if he is convicted on federal charges does he serve that time first then go back to FL to serve his time there? Either way the big talking private attorney general is going to be an old man if he ever gets out.
Dick Dastardly
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by Dick Dastardly »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:You are correct with Ga. That was the warrant to do with child assault or molestation or something, but the charges were dropped allegedly by his girlfriend so nothing happened.
And he frequently boasted of that dismissal as evidence of his legal prowess and general sovereign untouchability. (I think that's a word)
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

jcolvin2 wrote:
Jeffrey wrote:Damn good find Colvin
There are only so many reasons that one might be housed in a federal detention center, and almost all of them involve being charged with a federal crime.
The Federal indictment and his past track record of following the rules would be primary I should think.

It looks like he just traded a minor sentence in FL for a really serious one out of HI.

It does sound like he at least has standby council but if he is going it alone he's for it.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
KickahaOta

Post by KickahaOta »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:Checked what he's facing if convicted. :shock: 30 x up to 30 years.
Of course, that's basically meaningless, since any sentence he receives is very likely to be within the guideline range, and in cases of multiple counts of monetary crimes like fraud, the guidelines effectively roll it up into one crime (so stealing $5000 from each of 30 people is pretty much the same as stealing $150000 from one person).
ArthurWankspittle

KickahaOta wrote:
ArthurWankspittle wrote:Checked what he's facing if convicted. :shock: 30 x up to 30 years.
Of course, that's basically meaningless, since any sentence he receives is very likely to be within the guideline range, and in cases of multiple counts of monetary crimes like fraud, the guidelines effectively roll it up into one crime (so stealing $5000 from each of 30 people is pretty much the same as stealing $150000 from one person).
Yes, someone on the Fogbow reckons he won't serve any more than he's already serving in Florida. I was hoping for a few "consecutives".
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
notorial dissent

Now, now, be patient, have faith in our Anthony, he can yet turn a short sentence in to a life term.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

Anthony Troy Williams is presently a guest of the US Government at the federal prison in Hawaii.

I gather he was convicted of something (I think several fraud charges, and unauthorized practice of law, for a start) in Florida, and then extradited to Hawaii for trial(s) of offense committed there circa 2013. The Bureau of Prisons locator does not yet assign him a release date and does not provide any info on his convictions.

So I would be grateful if someone would provide me with a clear explanation: What was he convicted of, and with what sentence, in Florida, or elsewhere, and what is he being tried for, or already convicted & sentence for in Hawaii, and what is the aggregate prison term for him?? I realize this is a tedious request but I have some history with that clown.
JohnPCapitalist
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by JohnPCapitalist »

fortinbras wrote:Anthony Troy Williams is presently a guest of the US Government at the federal prison in Hawaii.

I gather he was convicted of something (I think several fraud charges, and unauthorized practice of law, for a start) in Florida, and then extradited to Hawaii for trial(s) of offense committed there circa 2013. The Bureau of Prisons locator does not yet assign him a release date and does not provide any info on his convictions.

So I would be grateful if someone would provide me with a clear explanation: What was he convicted of, and with what sentence, in Florida, or elsewhere, and what is he being tried for, or already convicted & sentence for in Hawaii, and what is the aggregate prison term for him?? I realize this is a tedious request but I have some history with that clown.
He was convicted of several counts of grand theft related to pulling his "private attorney general" shtick in Florida earlier this year. Basically, he attempted to steal a house that his "client" lost in foreclosure. He was convicted and sentenced in Florida. He began his sentence in Florida.

Then, the Feds grabbed him to face charges in Hawaii. It appears that, under the supremacy clause of the Constitution, that they can preempt someone who is serving time on state charges. He's apparently being charged with more of the same behavior. In the Hawaii case, he's accused of conspiring with others to defraud homeowners. They told people that they would be able to cut mortgage payments in half through some magic paperwork, and had the victims send money to a post office box that Williams and his confederates used. In most cases, apparently, he never even filed any pretend papers to tie up the mortgage company, presumably because that would have meant that the homeowner discovered the scheme earlier in the event that the mortgage company called the homeowner to ask "WTF?"

Because Williams and his confederates had victims send money to a mail drop in Texas, it became a Federal case rather than a Hawaii state criminal case.

The BOP record doesn't have any information on his release date because he hasn't been convicted. He's at a "detention center," which is a pre-trial facility (Hawaii does not have any federal prisons for serving out a sentence after a conviction). Williams is being held without bail, of course. Apparently, though, he asked the court to be let out on bail at his arraignment, which, to his great surprise, the court didn't see fit to grant.

Fogbow's copy of the indictment is here: http://thefogbow.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 75#p933465
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

Thank you enormously. Looking back over the thread I see that Florida nailed him for 15 years. Florida and federal prisons alike have no parole. If Williams gets a similar sentence from the federal court - and it's made consecutive - we won't be seeing him again.

PS: My apologies for my bad typing, which make it look like I can't spell. I used to be very good at touch typing but now I am 70 and starting to develop parkinsons, for my sins.
JohnPCapitalist
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

fortinbras wrote:Looking back over the thread I see that Florida nailed him for 15 years. Florida and federal prisons alike have no parole. If Williams gets a similar sentence from the federal court - and it's made consecutive - we won't be seeing him again.
Yes, he got 15 years. Florida does have a rule that says you have to serve 85% of your sentence; you can get time off for good behavior but it's limited. And given the amount of time that he spent in pre-trial detention, it's possible that Anthony could pop up on the landscape in about 12 years for the Florida case.

I would presume that he would be sentenced consecutively for the Federal charges, because it was a completely separate crime wave that he conceived of and implemented. The Hawaii operation involved a number of confederates who recruited victims for the scam and a fairly elaborate setup to process payments and return the funds to the scammers. So it's not just a few more counts thrown onto the pile for doing more of the one scam. If there are any real lawyers on here, I would love to hear what the guidelines would be for such a situation.

I did find the following federal law, but I'm not sure that this applies in the Anthony Williams case:
18 U.S. Code § 3584 - Multiple sentences of imprisonment

(a) Imposition of Concurrent or Consecutive Terms. — If multiple terms of imprisonment are imposed on a defendant at the same time, or if a term of imprisonment is imposed on a defendant who is already subject to an undischarged term of imprisonment, the terms may run concurrently or consecutively, except that the terms may not run consecutively for an attempt and for another offense that was the sole objective of the attempt. Multiple terms of imprisonment imposed at the same time run concurrently unless the court orders or the statute mandates that the terms are to run consecutively. Multiple terms of imprisonment imposed at different times run consecutively unless the court orders that the terms are to run concurrently.

(b) Factors To Be Considered in Imposing Concurrent or Consecutive Terms. — The court, in determining whether the terms imposed are to be ordered to run concurrently or consecutively, shall consider, as to each offense for which a term of imprisonment is being imposed, the factors set forth in section 3553(a).

(c) Treatment of Multiple Sentence as an Aggregate. — Multiple terms of imprisonment ordered to run consecutively or concurrently shall be treated for administrative purposes as a single, aggregate term of imprisonment.
It suggests that sentences from different trials would be presumed to be consecutive, but again, IANAL and I am not sure whether this is applicable or not.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

JohnPCapitalist wrote:I would presume that he would be sentenced consecutively for the Federal charges
That would be the default.
The Hawaii operation involved a number of confederates who recruited victims for the scam and a fairly elaborate setup to process payments and return the funds to the scammers. So it's not just a few more counts thrown onto the pile for doing more of the one scam. If there are any real lawyers on here, I would love to hear what the guidelines would be for such a situation.
The base offense level for a fraud is 6. It is increased by for the dollar amount of the fraud - not what is actually stolen, but the scope of the conspiracy - anywhere from 0 (under $6500) to 30 (over $550M) levels. We can't know what the govt will claim the amount of the fraud is at this point. Call it 12 - more than $250K, less than $550K. That's 18. More than 10 victims, add 2; 5 or more victims suffer "substantial financial hardship", add 4; "sophisticated means" ("more than minimal planning", when I was doing this stuff), add 2. So a rough estimate is offense level 26. Don't know his criminal history, but know he has one. Call it III. Offense level 26, criminal history III is 78-97 months. If CH II, 70-87 months.

I emphasize this is very rough, since we don't know important facts.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
JohnPCapitalist
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

wserra wrote:
The Hawaii operation involved a number of confederates who recruited victims for the scam and a fairly elaborate setup to process payments and return the funds to the scammers. So it's not just a few more counts thrown onto the pile for doing more of the one scam. If there are any real lawyers on here, I would love to hear what the guidelines would be for such a situation.
The base offense level for a fraud is 6. It is increased by for the dollar amount of the fraud - not what is actually stolen, but the scope of the conspiracy - anywhere from 0 (under $6500) to 30 (over $550M) levels. We can't know what the govt will claim the amount of the fraud is at this point. Call it 12 - more than $250K, less than $550K. That's 18. More than 10 victims, add 2; 5 or more victims suffer "substantial financial hardship", add 4; "sophisticated means" ("more than minimal planning", when I was doing this stuff), add 2. So a rough estimate is offense level 26. Don't know his criminal history, but know he has one. Call it III. Offense level 26, criminal history III is 78-97 months. If CH II, 70-87 months.

His criminal history is pretty extensive. As soon as it got too hot in Hawaii, Williams moved to Florida where he was involved in multiple iterations of SovCit related frauds pretty quickly. He was sentenced to jail and a remarkable 22 years probation in (IIRC) 2016 presumably for acts committed in 2014/2015, not long after he left Hawaii. One condition of probation was that he would avoid offering legal help, wouldn't call himself a "private attorney general," etc. Almost immediately on release, he was back at it, committing the offenses that led to his most recent conviction and the 15 year Florida state prison term. One can only hope that the frequency of his criminal acts ups the score for him in the computations beyond what you suggest.

Also, IIRC, there were quite a few victims of the Hawaii scam, so the total financial damage could be substantially above the range you used in your estimate -- easily $1 million or more, given property prices in Hawaii.

So it sounds like he's looking at a minimum of 20 years when the Florida and the Federal charges are added together. A haunting testimony to the power of delusions; he believes he really is a "private attorney general" with super powers above and beyond any regular "B.A.R." attorney.
notorial dissent

JohnPCapitalist wrote:
wserra wrote:

His criminal history is pretty extensive. As soon as it got too hot in Hawaii, Williams moved to Florida where he was involved in multiple iterations of SovCit related frauds pretty quickly. He was sentenced to jail and a remarkable 22 years probation in (IIRC) 2016 presumably for acts committed in 2014/2015, not long after he left Hawaii. One condition of probation was that he would avoid offering legal help, wouldn't call himself a "private attorney general," etc. Almost immediately on release, he was back at it, committing the offenses that led to his most recent conviction and the 15 year Florida state prison term. One can only hope that the frequency of his criminal acts ups the score for him in the computations beyond what you suggest.

Also, IIRC, there were quite a few victims of the Hawaii scam, so the total financial damage could be substantially above the range you used in your estimate -- easily $1 million or more, given property prices in Hawaii.

So it sounds like he's looking at a minimum of 20 years when the Florida and the Federal charges are added together. A haunting testimony to the power of delusions; he believes he really is a "private attorney general" with super powers above and beyond any regular "B.A.R." attorney.
Well, not exactly. He was extradited to GA, I think it was, on a number of charges that were all apparently later dropped, and he then decamped to FL where there were more suckers and more money. He got nailed initially for UPL and got a jail term and a whopping probation out of it, and then proceeded to go back to old habits and start the mortgage scam up which ultimately got him busted and jailed. Now the Feds are going to get their bite at the apple and I don't think it will happy times for him.
wserra

Post by wserra »

I thought folks here might be interested in another example of Williams' calm, articulate, well-thought-out letters to court personnel - this one to his Florida (state) probation officer.

It's handwritten, so I'm just going to quote the highlights:
Any man or woman who tries to restrict and violate my constitutional, divine and common law rights will be met with DEADLY FORCE . . . If I don't get the respect that I deserve from this day forward, I and my law enforcement team will take it by force! Guide yourself accordingly.
That should impress the judge who will decide on his freedom, right?

Oh yeah, his "law enforcement team":
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

wserra wrote:I thought folks here might be interested in another example of Williams' calm, articulate, well-thought-out letters to court personnel - this one to his Florida (state) probation officer.

Any man or woman who tries to restrict and violate my constitutional, divine and common law rights will be met with DEADLY FORCE . . . If I don't get the respect that I deserve from this day forward, I and my law enforcement team will take it by force! Guide yourself accordingly.

Refused for Cause without Dishonour....it doesn't have a thumbprint on it, so it has to be invalid. No wonder he ended up in prison.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
ArthurWankspittle

wserra wrote:I thought folks here might be interested in another example of Williams' calm, articulate, well-thought-out letters to court personnel - this one to his Florida (state) probation officer.

I think the judge may ensure that he has likely left this earthly life long before Mr Williams is ever getting out of prison.
What is Williams going to do anyway? Become a 21st century version of Jacob Marley, rattling his prison chains?
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

It is very likely that Williams will be nailed on some federal charges, additional to the state (Florida) convictions already gotten, so he will possibly spend at least 20-25 years in prison. He's a rather small man, not physically intimidating, so I doubt he'll find prison particularly enjoyable. In terms of being a convict, he doesn't bring much to the table; he has little formal education, no marketable skills, so there's not much he can teach other convicts. His one talent is conning other ignorant, desperate people - and once he tries that on other prisoners and they realize that he's a conman, his future may be bleak ... and perhaps rather short.
It is entirely possible that he will not outlive his prison sentence.