Anthony Williams - Private Attorney General

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

User avatar
KickahaOta
Pirate
Pirate
Posts: 198
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:45 pm

Re: Anthony Williams - Private Attorney General

Postby KickahaOta » Fri May 05, 2017 1:40 am

morrand wrote:On a related note, I'm almost positive that there is actual precedent for the idea that, while you have a right to represent yourself at trial, and while you have a right to the assistance of competent counsel, you can't demand both at the same time. Or, in other words, that it's no use to claim on appeal that your counsel was incompetent when you represented yourself. Although, if a Private Attorney General represented the strawman....


Correct. The right to assistance of counsel is the exact right you're waiving in order to represent yourself in the first place. What you can still do is to claim that the judge shouldn't have granted your demand to represent yourself in the first place. And just as defendants represented by counsel will very often throw up a hail-Mary ineffective-assistance-of-counsel claim for habeas relief (even though it almost never works), self-represented defendants will very often make an inappropriate-grant-of-self-representation claim on appeal or habeas (even though it's probably even less likely to work).

Sovereign citizens seem to be a pretty consistent exception to that trend, though, probably because it pains them too much to argue that they're so obviously incompetent that the judge should have seen it.

User avatar
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets
Posts: 1514
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2003 11:02 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: Anthony Williams - Private Attorney General

Postby Dr. Caligari » Fri May 05, 2017 4:48 am

There was actually a reported case in California back in 1985 in which someone sued himself. He lost but, as the court observed, thereby also won:
http://loweringthebar.net/case-law-hall-of-fame/lodi-v-lodi
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)

AndyK
Illuminatian Revenue Supremo Emeritus
Posts: 1299
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:13 pm
Location: Maryland

Re: Anthony Williams - Private Attorney General

Postby AndyK » Fri May 05, 2017 1:07 pm

Is it just me or does this sound very VanPeltish?
Taxes are the price we pay for a free society and to cover the responsibilities of the evaders

User avatar
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth
Posts: 10635
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:17 pm

Re: Anthony Williams - Private Attorney General

Postby notorial dissent » Fri May 05, 2017 6:29 pm

As I recall, the scooter won.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

User avatar
The Observer
Further Moderator
Posts: 6587
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2003 12:48 am
Location: Virgin Islands Gunsmith

Re: Anthony Williams - Private Attorney General

Postby The Observer » Fri May 05, 2017 7:26 pm

notorial dissent wrote:As I recall, the scooter won.


No, the scooter's and the owner's suit was tossed out of court. The federal judge called the case a "...rambling, nonsensical, incoherent blotch on this court's docket."
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff

User avatar
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth
Posts: 10635
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:17 pm

Re: Anthony Williams - Private Attorney General

Postby notorial dissent » Fri May 05, 2017 10:03 pm

True, but he sued the scooter, the judge bounced it, therefore the scooter won.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

User avatar
The Observer
Further Moderator
Posts: 6587
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2003 12:48 am
Location: Virgin Islands Gunsmith

Re: Anthony Williams - Private Attorney General

Postby The Observer » Fri May 05, 2017 10:53 pm

No, he did not sue the scooter. This is one of those stories that has gotten twisted around backwards over the years. He sued several parties and added his scooter as a co-plaintiff. Please check out webhick's thread on page 3 of the moderator thread on the "Fact vs. Fiction" regarding the scooter's owner.

And believe me, any inanimate object owned by this person is a loser regardless of the circumstances.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff

User avatar
NYGman
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Posts: 1597
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:01 pm
Location: New York, NY

Re: Anthony Williams - Private Attorney General

Postby NYGman » Fri May 05, 2017 11:16 pm

If you sue yourself and the case is dismissed, don't you also win. In fact you will always win, but you will equally always lose. Or, is the plan to win by losing, or lose by winning? It just gets too confusing.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.

Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Posts: 5638
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:45 am
Location: The Evergreen Playground

Re: Anthony Williams - Private Attorney General

Postby Burnaby49 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:59 pm

Anthony Williams' complaint:

Plaintiff asserts that the above named Defendant(s) have caused immeasurable harm to the Plaintiff by being mistaken as the Plaintiff and/or having cause for the Plaintiff to act as a surety for the Defendant(s) which has caused the Plaintiff to be subjected to unlawful and illegal search, seizures, detainments and arrests.Imagine that, folks: law enforcement actually thinks that he's him. Why, next they'll want to slap the cuffs on his wrists, instead of fictional legal wrists. They'll want his ass in jail instead of a fictional legal ass. Where will it end?


Actually, probably where it already has: in jail.


I recall a case I think I mentioned here about a Canadian idiot who pleaded guilty to some Freeman-type offense and was shocked that the judge actually sentenced him to jail. It was that other guy inside his body who'd pleaded guilty not him and he'd expected, somehow, that the other guy would serve the time while he'd walk away in their shared body. He actually won on appeal. The appeals court decided that he was too dense to have understood what a guilty plea meant so conviction quashed and he was granted a retrial.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs

User avatar
Dick Dastardly
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:20 pm
Location: Puget Sound, WA

Re: Anthony Williams - Private Attorney General

Postby Dick Dastardly » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:07 pm

I'm sure most of us are aware Anthony Williams is currently in the midst of his latest trial, before the same judge that slapped him with 20+ years of probation no less. I haven't been able to find a lick of news regarding the proceedings, especially interested in this one.

ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation
Posts: 2656
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:35 am
Location: Quatloos Immigration Control

Re: Anthony Williams - Private Attorney General

Postby ArthurWankspittle » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:31 pm

Dick Dastardly wrote:I'm sure most of us are aware Anthony Williams is currently in the midst of his latest trial, before the same judge that slapped him with 20+ years of probation no less. I haven't been able to find a lick of news regarding the proceedings, especially interested in this one.
JohnPCapitalist points out that Broward County doesn't report much from court proceedings. http://thefogbow.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... &start=425
Going to Tibet now and deleting Facebook you have my email address

User avatar
Dick Dastardly
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:20 pm
Location: Puget Sound, WA

Re: Anthony Williams - Private Attorney General

Postby Dick Dastardly » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:12 pm

There was a local reporter who had seemed to take a particular interest in reporting on his shenanigans, had hoped she would have been covering the story. Too bad this trial hadn't happened over the winter, would have been worth the trip for some sunshine and entertainment, too hot for me this time of year there.

User avatar
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies
Posts: 3499
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2003 7:02 am
Contact:

Re: Anthony Williams - Private Attorney General

Postby grixit » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:34 pm

Dick Dastardly wrote:I'm sure most of us are aware Anthony Williams is currently in the midst of his latest trial, before the same judge that slapped him with 20+ years of probation no less. I haven't been able to find a lick of news regarding the proceedings, especially interested in this one.


Gee, i wonder if there's a "and stay out of trouble" clause in the terms of probation.
I voted for Hillary, and i didn't even get a stupid tshirt!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4

User avatar
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth
Posts: 10635
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:17 pm

Re: Anthony Williams - Private Attorney General

Postby notorial dissent » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:25 am

There was, part of the reason the probabtion term was so long. Will be interesting to see if they actually enforce it, on top of what he'll likely get for this/these crime(s) as well. If I understand it right, he got busted on slightly different charges this time, so that may make some difference, but it's just more of the same old same old as far as I can see. He's a recidivist, unrepentant, and utterly contemptuous of the legal process. Not a good candidate for leniency I wouldn't think.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

User avatar
Dick Dastardly
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:20 pm
Location: Puget Sound, WA

Re: Anthony Williams - Private Attorney General

Postby Dick Dastardly » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:27 am

I just learned, Carmel Cafiero, the local new reporter whom had previously done some nice reporting on Mr. Williams retired last summer. Unfortunate because she obviously shared a similar disdain for our sovrun idiot, judging by the lack of news, the current staff doesn't feel similarly compelled to report on Anthony's latest misadventures.

User avatar
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo
Posts: 4348
Joined: Fri May 21, 2004 6:08 am
Location: Der Dachshundbünker
Contact:

Re: Anthony Williams - Private Attorney General

Postby Gregg » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:17 pm

Posting of spam is strictly prohibited. Don't make me come down there!
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.

rogfulton
Caveat Venditor
Posts: 523
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:08 am
Location: No longer behind the satellite dish, second door along - in fact, not even in the same building.

Re: New York Lawyers

Postby rogfulton » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:47 pm

FrankWef wrote:Advertisement deleted AndyK

Why does this account still show a rank? How many ads will he post before he's shown the door?

I logged on this morning hoping to get in some reading before work and all I got was nearly a dozen ads.by this ------- person (thanks AndyK for all you do)
"No man is above the law and no man is below it; nor do we ask any man's permission when we require him to obey it. Obedience to the law is demanded as a right; not asked as a favor."
- President Theodore Roosevelt

User avatar
The Observer
Further Moderator
Posts: 6587
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2003 12:48 am
Location: Virgin Islands Gunsmith

Re: Anthony Williams - Private Attorney General

Postby The Observer » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:27 pm

We released the AndyKraken and the poster has consequently been dealt with in terms that cannot be shared under our family-friendly rules here.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff

HardyW
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate
Posts: 43
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:16 am

Re: Anthony Williams - Private Attorney General

Postby HardyW » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:55 pm

Thank you to the mods for deleting the spam in these posts and in my experience it's quite rare on Q to see this.

Can't you as mods delete the actual posts not just the content? There are a number of postings on old threads which have now come up to the top of their boards as they show the latest posting as being today. In other boards I use, spam posts are immediately nuked on sight.

User avatar
The Observer
Further Moderator
Posts: 6587
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2003 12:48 am
Location: Virgin Islands Gunsmith

Re: Anthony Williams - Private Attorney General

Postby The Observer » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:30 pm

We tend to avoid deleting posts as opposed to content in order to reflect that there was a reason for the deleted material and to send a message to the poster who will realize why the post was deleted (rather than it disappearing in thin air without an visible reason). I know this means that a old thread may get resurrected but that is a minor irritant as opposed to having the same poster coming back and re-posting time and time again because he or she thinks that their post somehow failed.

Thank you to the mods for deleting the spam in these posts and in my experience it's quite rare on Q to see this.


Not sure why this would appear to be a rare occurrence to you. We typically delete advertising spam as soon as we see it or a report gets filed.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff


Return to “US”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest