National Liberty Alliance - Citizen Grand Juries

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

LightinDarkness
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

National Liberty Alliance - Citizen Grand Juries

Post by LightinDarkness »

It seems there is a new flavor of insanity on the sov'run citizen front - well not so much new, as much as an old spin on the same mythologies. The scheme is called the National Liberty Alliance (http://www.nationallibertyalliance.org/). Someone is setting up sov'run style grand juries and is trying to get one "sat" in every county. This is notable because while the grand jury thing has been done before - many a meeting and indictments done at Denny's! - the guy behind this seems to be very intent on making this a national level thing. These grand juries have filed enough gibberish paperwork to get the attention of the ADL, which we talked about in a different thread (viewtopic.php?f=37&t=9836). The guy who is behind the NLA is someone I've heard on sov'run calls before, and I think (although I could be wrong) that he was at one time a RuSA "Senator" before starting this latest scam.

Here are some highlights of this, the latest scheme to come from the brilliant minds of the soverign citizen movement:

- The NLA founder guy is from New York, and hes been sending out weekly fax "Memos" to all the Sheriffs in the state telling them about their duties to support the New York grand juries and that they would be indicted if they do not. In response several Sheriffs sent them responses asking to be removed "from the newsletter list." This enraged the NLA founder, who sent a gibberish reply explaining how grand juries have the power and its not a newsletter but instructions for them.

- There is money to be made! In addition to shilling for donations, each weekly (Monday) night call includes hawking for buying gold and silver, "food independence" (ie survivalist) items, grand jury business cards (so you can impress your friends for being a grand jury member), and soon tshirts will be for sale as well!

- The gibberish paperwork filing has started already. In New York and Florida NLA grand juries sent demands to courts that they give them office space, staff, office equipment, and state vehicles so they could carry out their "investigations." In response, there has been at least a few judges that have directed the clerks to ignore/trash any NLA paperwork they receive.
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Re: National Liberty Alliance - Citizen Grand Juries

Post by fortinbras »

About 30 years ago I was a member of a real, authentic federal grand jury (they do not de-select people for things like bias or legal training - one of my fellow grandjurors was the law librarian for the US Navy HQ). No business cards. In fact, a minimum of bragging while we were on the grand jury (which lasted, for me, about 18 months) because they wanted to minimize leaks and influence.

Usually very tedious stuff; repetitious cases of bank tellers who were embezzling, one very interesting and convoluted case about an FBI technician who tried to burgle the credit union inside the FBI HQ, some others very forgettable. I got paid about $40 a day, two or three days a week, which was much appreciated by me at the time.

The make-believe grand juries have already been attempted. At best (for them), the courts ignored their papers, at worst there was talk of prosecuting them for fake legal process and pretending to be somebody official.
Last edited by fortinbras on Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LightinDarkness

fortinbras wrote:About 30 years ago I was a member of a real, authentic federal grand jury (they do not de-select people for things like bias or legal training - one of my fellow grandjurors was the law librarian for the US Navy HQ). No business cards. In fact, a minimum of bragging while we were on the grand jury (which lasted, for me, about 18 months) because they wanted to minimize leaks and influence.

The make-believe grand juries have already been attempted. At best (for them), the courts ignored their papers, at worst there was talk of prosecuting them for fake legal process and pretending to be somebody official.
Yeah thats one of the things I find most fascinating about sov'run grand juries. Like many of the legal terms they co-opt, sov'run "grand juries" have absolutely 0 relationship to real grand juries. It reminds me of the whole sov'run "common law" thing versus actual common law.

What sov'runs think grand juries are: bodies made up of angry citizens who can "investigate" and "indite" government officials for anything they feel like, who have the power to make judges and courts bow to their will and provide them with a full staff, offices, etc.
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

LightinDarkness wrote:- The NLA founder guy is from New York, and hes been sending out weekly fax "Memos" to all the Sheriffs in the state telling them about their duties to support the New York grand juries and that they would be indicted if they do not. In response several Sheriffs sent them responses asking to be removed "from the newsletter list." This enraged the NLA founder, who sent a gibberish reply explaining how grand juries have the power and its not a newsletter but instructions for them.
I love it.

The sovruns send out their best class A stuff to actual government officials, and the officials assume its spam that they can opt out of.

Great stuff.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
LightinDarkness

The crazies of the NLA in New York have made their second insane gibberish filing, trumpeting as a huge deal, this time a "Quo Waranto" writ in which they allege a grand conspiracy by nearly every government court official in New York of preventing their grand jury indictments and demand that they all appear before them for questioning (and, by the way, they still want their staff/government credit cards/salaries for this work, too).

Gibberish link:
http://www.nationallibertyalliance.org/ ... -24-14.pdf

This was filed on March 24 and they give them a week before threatening to "arrest" them, which I am sure will go over very well with law enforcement.
AndyK
Illuminatian Revenue Supremo Emeritus

Post by AndyK »

the New York Supreme Court, Columbia County, Courthouse; located at
621 State Route 23B; Claverack, New York, 12513
appears to be a farm house.

I guess they couldn't raise enough FRNs to reserve a Denny's.
Taxes are the price we pay for a free society and to cover the responsibilities of the evaders
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

But the phone number on the "Summons" - 845-229-0044 - appears to be a Pizza Hut. The "grand jurors" must wonder why, when they call to find out when to report, they're asked if they want anchovies and if it's for pickup or delivery.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

AndyK wrote:

When I did a Google Maps search to see what this "courthouse" looked like, I got a church located next to the town library. Their function room probably already has most of what is needed to turn it into a Courtroom Of The People (not one of them oppressive gummint de facto courtrooms, featuring members of the BAR (British Accredited Registry), with which these people are probably too familiar already.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
wserra

Post by wserra »

Various listings have it as an old schoolhouse, now for sale. However, the address also appears to be for the official Columbia County Courthouse. Strange.
- David Hume
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

wserra wrote:Various listings have it as an old schoolhouse, now for sale. However, the address also appears to be for the official Columbia County Courthouse. Strange.
The building shown in the listing for the old schoolhouse is also listed as the local library on Google Maps.

At any rate, I have a feeling that anything sent to the Citizen Grand Juries at the address of the real court house will not receive the sort of attention desired by the NLA people....
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

AndyK wrote:

The real NY Supreme Court for Columbia County has a different address (and an impressive building) in Claverack:
http://www.nycourts.gov/courts/3jd/colu ... urts.shtml

For non-New Yorkers, the state "Supreme Court" - unlike other states - is just the county court at the trial level; there's a NY Supreme Court in every county and in every NYC borough. Above that is the Appellate Division, and the top of the heap is the NY Court of Appeals.

I just finished adding to my compilation a collection of cases in which militia/sovcits sending their make-believe arrest warrants to judges and IRS employees, and/or attempting to make 'citizen's arrests' of them, were prosecuted on a variety of felony charges, including terroristic threats, attempting to corruptly influence a public servant, obstruction of the administration of justice/revenue laws, etc.
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

For non-New Yorkers, the state "Supreme Court" - unlike other states - is just the county court at the trial level; there's a NY Supreme Court in every county and in every NYC borough.
New York's "Supreme Court" is what other states call the "Superior Court"-- a trial-level court for felony criminal trials and large-amount civil cases.
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
LightinDarkness

Looks like the NLA is having some "problems" with county clerks. The New Jersey "Grand Jury" attempted to file some gibberish paperwork declaring that the Grand Jury was constituted, and the Clerk told them it was nonsense and it couldn't be filed because it wasn't related to a current court case or real estate transaction. Then the New Jersey "Grand Jury" came back AGAIN and tried to get her to file it in a "miscellaneous" file, and she declined! No worries though, on the conference call the guy from New Jersey was told he could arrest the clerk once they got into the court house and got their staff/salaries/office supplies.

In other grand jury fruitcakery news, the New York "Grand Jury" had a meeting Tuesday with a sheriff where they are demanding the arrest of the judges/court staff that threw out their gibberish paperwork and demands to be given court office space. I am sure that will go over SO well.
wserra

Post by wserra »

LightinDarkness wrote:the New York "Grand Jury" had a meeting Tuesday with a sheriff where they are demanding the arrest of the judges/court staff that threw out their gibberish paperwork
And I thought that folks here might like to see examples of what has these nitwits so hot and bothered.

First, the formal response. One John McConnell, counsel to A. Gail Prudenti, NYS' Chief Administrative Judge, wrote this letter to every county clerk in the state. In the letter, McConnell notes the obvious - that there is no statutory or (NYS) Constitutional authority for a "common law grand jury". He directs the county clerks not only to refuse to file their crap, but to report the filing attempt to the local DA and to the NYS Attorney General.

I, however, like another response better. After Judge Prudenti's directive, the idiots tried to file some nonsense with the clerk of Broome County (best-known city: Binghamton). In response, the clerk sent it back to them, with some choice words on the first page. Those words end as follows:
This document is a true example of early American gibberish, coupled with malarkey and hokum, and as such is rejected for filing.
As we have pointed out many times here, there are times for careful legal analysis, and there are times for calling a bozo a bozo.

Right on, Broome County Clerk.
- David Hume
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

I am curious about this story of a make-believe grand jury meeting with a (presumably genuine) sheriff. Why did the sheriff meet with them and what did he tell them? Did he tell them they were on thin ice?
LightinDarkness

Sorry for the belated reply, just saw the above post - according to the conference calls, the NLA people were *NOT* happy with the NY sheriff, who apparently told them they were nuts. They of course assume this just means the sheriff hasn't been "educated" in the "common law," but no worries because when they get the courts (any day now, just like the RV) they plan to have him arrested!

On other fruitcake insane NLA news, somehow this group has a "hearing" with a (unnamed) judge next Thursday. They are promoting this big time as when they will lay the smack down on the corporate legal system with their magical writs, and supposedly up to 200 delusional NLRA "grand jury members" from across the country are showing up in person to crowd the gallery so that the judge "knows they are being watched."

What is it with sov'runs/freemen and other associated nuts that they always want to make big shows of support like this? Do they think the judge is going to go "oh my, THERE ARE LOTS OF PEOPLE, BETTER FLEE THE COURT AND HAND OVER THE REIGNS TO THESE GUYS!"? It doesn't even make any sense.
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

Looked up NLA's website:
http://www.nationallibertyalliance.org/

Intense SovCit stuff, with a liberal dose of religious conservatism.
I wonder .... should I sign up with them? It seems that will assure that I get assigned to one of their grand juries. So far, I have had to rely on secondhand descriptions of the zealots in action, that would be a definite change!
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I suspect, that if you are really lucky, you can form your own one man grand jury and have all kinds of fun, until the men in white coats come to take you to your new courtroom.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
LightinDarkness

If you sign up you are just about guaranteed to be assigned to a "grand jury," and if you are in a state that is without a "team leader" you might even get picked to lead the fruitcakes! Ive been wanting to sign up to see it from the inside but I am not sure how quickly they would start asking you to actually do nutty things - for example, most of the grand juries by now are sending weekly gibberish memoes to their local court houses demanding to be let into the courts.
ashlynne39
Illuminated Legate of Illustrious Legs

Post by ashlynne39 »

fortinbras wrote:Looked up NLA's website:
http://www.nationallibertyalliance.org/

Intense SovCit stuff, with a liberal dose of religious conservatism.
I wonder .... should I sign up with them? It seems that will assure that I get assigned to one of their grand juries. So far, I have had to rely on secondhand descriptions of the zealots in action, that would be a definite change!
I don't think I would want my name on any list associated with these folks. I suspect it would come back to bite me at some point.