National Liberty Alliance - Citizen Grand Juries

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Re: National Liberty Alliance - Citizen Grand Juries

Post by fortinbras »

If you do a little arithmetic, you'll see that the $8000 that he wants is much more than he needs to send out letters to every federal judge. It leaves a lot for mad money. Figuring 49¢ postage per letter plus 11¢ for the paper, the envelope, etc., for a total of 66¢ per letter to 2000 judges = $1,200.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

fortinbras wrote:If you do a little arithmetic, you'll see that the $8000 that he wants is much more than he needs to send out letters to every federal judge. It leaves a lot for mad money. Figuring 49¢ postage per letter plus 11¢ for the paper, the envelope, etc., for a total of 66¢ per letter to 2000 judges = $1,200.
Steve Martin explains it more succinctly here.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Just as a thought, Darash is going to send 2000 or so threatening extortion??? letters through the mails, to federal official - judges & personnel. As I recall there are at least two Federal statutes against just that sort of behavior, so at one count each per stature per letter, I would think that would seriously add by the time they are all sent. Just saying........
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

LightinDarkness wrote:Darash now has weekly Thursday calls where he provides loads of legal advice to people who - and I didn't think this were possible - might just be crazier than he is.
Beautiful!
LightinDarkness wrote:Exhibit 1: Some guy gets a traffic ticket then fails to show up for court. They issue a warrant for his arrest (to me this signals a pretty serious traffic offense, they wouldn't do this if you were going 5 miles over the speed limit would they?) and when they show up to arrest him at his house he hides because he claims they failed to properly charge him. Now he asks Darash if he did the right thing because when he was ticketed he already spent 1/2 a day in jail for pulling sov'run gibberish and doesn't want to go back. Darash advises him to sue everyone and go into the court talking common law gibberish and that the judge will flee before the power of his paperwork.
Very unusual, in my urban experience, for the cops to go looking for the guy on a warrant for non-appearance in traffic court; I suspect this was not the guy's first venture into traffic court - it may be that the cops were there to tell him his driver's license was revoked and he better not get behind the wheel. In my experience the bench warrant from the traffic court goes onto the police dept computer, and the next time the cops stop him for speeding or whatever that warrant will pop up, at which point he will be taken into custody and brought into the court because accepting his promise to show up is demonstrably unsatisfactory.
LightinDarkness wrote: Exhibit 2: Some woman named Lydia, who apparently signed up for some sort of medical school and then ended up getting expelled. The government/school (not sure which, if it was student loans or what) went after her for the balance of the loans/fees for the classes she had taken before being expelled and is now garnishing her government disability $90/month. Shes been harassing courts about this for 10 years, and apparently shes so nuts she served 11 months in jail for harassment because she was harassing people at the medical school - I think that you have to try REALLY hard to get that kind of jail time for harassment. Shes gone full blown sov'run, rambling about common law and jurisdiction and is just convinced - despite her 0% success rate and year in jail - that shes one magical paperwork away from clearing this debt. Darash disagrees somewhat telling her that if she had only filed her magical paperwork the way he files his magical paperwork, she would have won by now. Darash also tells her that if she does her magical paperwork right shell end up with $20 million in damages and all the judges/attorneys involved will go to jail 10 years for the year she was in jail. Poor Lydia though, she might be going back to jail again, apparently she didn't learn from her last jail stay as she revealed shes been charged again for harassment because shes been harassing people at the medical school she was expelled from.
I don't know what you have to do to be expelled from Med School; I hear that the med students have Really wild parties and do all sorts of crazy things with stuff found in the school. But the federal student loan program is like The Terminator; it will follow this woman till she dies if need be. Any tax refund, any SocSec benefit, or other federal benefit, will be trimmed to collect on the student loan. Yes, it's possible to squeeze some compassion from the student loan program ... but first you have to build a track record of conscientious payment of the loan; then when it's at least half-paid with a minimum of nagging from the bureaucracy and only then throw yourself on their mercy and prepare to be intimately probed financially, and then they might give you a break. But they aren't going to make allowances to someone who stiffs them from the very start.

These calls are popcorn eating entertainment...the stupidity level is so high I was giggling at some points: http://www.nationallibertyalliance.com/ ... -07-24.mp3[/quote]
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

fortinbras wrote:
LightinDarkness wrote:Exhibit 1: Some guy gets a traffic ticket then fails to show up for court. They issue a warrant for his arrest (to me this signals a pretty serious traffic offense, they wouldn't do this if you were going 5 miles over the speed limit would they?) and when they show up to arrest him at his house he hides because he claims they failed to properly charge him. Now he asks Darash if he did the right thing because when he was ticketed he already spent 1/2 a day in jail for pulling sov'run gibberish and doesn't want to go back. Darash advises him to sue everyone and go into the court talking common law gibberish and that the judge will flee before the power of his paperwork.
Very unusual, in my urban experience, for the cops to go looking for the guy on a warrant for non-appearance in traffic court; I suspect this was not the guy's first venture into traffic court - it may be that the cops were there to tell him his driver's license was revoked and he better not get behind the wheel. In my experience the bench warrant from the traffic court goes onto the police dept computer, and the next time the cops stop him for speeding or whatever that warrant will pop up, at which point he will be taken into custody and brought into the court because accepting his promise to show up is demonstrably unsatisfactory.
Ehh, depends on the offense, how slow the court is, the mood of the judge, etc etc. I've seen them issue bench warrants and tell the bailiff to have them picked up on a simple speeding ticket. I've also seen them issue show cause notices on people driving on suspended. As many times as I've been through traffic court I've never seen a consistency in how the rules are applied. If I had I would probably be a millionaire. The more serious offenses will be more probable to get a bench warrant with an immediate pickup but it's never a given.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
notorial dissent

James is pretty much spot on about American traffic courts, you don't show up on a regular ticket and you get a bench warrant that goes in to the police database for catch as catch can. If they sent someone out after Bozo the Sovrun, the ticket was either a lot more serious than minor speeding/whatever, he had other outstanding tickets, or my personal favorite bet, something he kinda sorta neglected to mention in his tale of woe.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

This is the document that Darash wants to print up and send out to 2000 judges .....

http://www.nationallibertyalliance.com/ ... Bill_0.pdf

It doesn't look like any indictment I've ever seen. For one thing, indictments do not have long (or even short) strands of court decisions and analyses supposedly derived from court decisions; they just quote the relevant sections of the law and then the bare facts of the supposedly offense. I might add that Darash's citations of both statutes and decisions are Very Poor style and even a first year law student would be expected to know better.

End result of Darash getting the $8000 he wants to mail this crap out: Several innocent trees chopped down and pulped, more waste paper at 2000 locations, possible FBI/Federal Marshal very brief flurry of activity in all 50 states, considerable money left in Darash's pocket, Darash's ego gets some tiny and temporary boost.
notorial dissent

Since I am pretty sure he is overestimating lying about the cost of both the booklets, and the mailing, I am betting he'll end up pocketing a good portion of the so called "expense", unless he is actually planning on sending that stuff out return receipt or something, mailing isn't going to cost all that much, and even then.

I'm still hopeful that at least one of the jurisdictions will take it as the threat it is and turn it over to the Marshal's Service for action and eventual prosecution. He really does need to be shut down before he or some of his followers do something unfortunate.

He has also been handing out his simulation of legal process strategy on other forums lately, which means he is also getting bolder, and need we say stupider.
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

fortinbras wrote:This is the document that Darash wants to print up and send out to 2000 judges .....

http://www.nationallibertyalliance.com/ ... Bill_0.pdf
Why is a "common law grand jury" citing federal statutes?

Or, putting it differently, how can a "grand jury" enforce some federal statutes while ignoring other federal statutes regarding grand juries?

Then there's the problem of applying federal statutes to the operations of state courts, which raises serious issues of federalism.

If these people were bright enough to understand what they were doing, they would be suffering from some serious cognitive dissonance.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

I have to admit that I like the date on the seals, "1215 AD." It adds a touch of surrealism to what otherwise would be pure farce.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

So much to criticize and debunk; so little time.... I will note, though, that when these Great Legal Scholars charge their would-be defendants with High Treason, they cite two court cases (one from England), all while quite forgetting the only constitutional definition of treason in the US, as set forth in Article III, Section 3 of the Constitution.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
AndyK
Illuminatian Revenue Supremo Emeritus

Post by AndyK »

Darash's reading comprehension leaves a lot to be desired. Unless he has convinced himself that his genuine pseudo-legal gibberish somehow constitutes a REAL official proceeding of a REAL court, his horse dies at the starting gate.
Darash wrote:18 USC § 2076 Whoever, being a clerk of a district court of the United States, willfully refuses or neglects to make or forward anyreport, certificate, statement, or document as required by law, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both.

18 USC §1512 (b) Whoever knowingly uses intimidation, threatens, or corruptly persuades another person, or attempts to do so, or engages in misleading conduct toward another person, with intent to -
(1) influence, delay, or prevent the testimony of any person in an official proceeding;

(2) cause or induce any person to -- (A) withhold testimony, or withhold a record, document, or other object, from an official proceeding; (B) alter, destroy, mutilate, or conceal an object with intent to impair the object’s integrity or availability for use in an official proceeding; … shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 20 years, or both.

(3) … (c) Whoever corruptly—(1) alters, destroys, mutilates, or conceals a record, document, or other object, or attempts to do so, with the intent to impair the object’s integrity or availability for use in an official proceeding; or (2) otherwise obstructs, influences, or impedes any official proceeding, or attempts to do so, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 20 years, or both.
Taxes are the price we pay for a free society and to cover the responsibilities of the evaders
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

LPC wrote:I have to admit that I like the date on the seals, "1215 AD." It adds a touch of surrealism to what otherwise would be pure farce.
Natrurally enough, the 1215 refers to the date of King John's Magna Carta, which is the one that we Americans know about. What most Americans don't know is that the 1215 Magna Carta never had any legal authority, and it took additional struggles under subsequent kings, to get the Magna Carta re-issued and then re-issued again, each time with changes. The latest Halsbury's Statutes in Force shows that only about four sentences from the last version of Magna Carta (I think under Edward iii) are still law in the UK, the rest having been, one way or another, superseded or repealed by subsequent Acts of Parliament. The 1215 version, despite its enormous reputation, never had legal authority - as I have had to explain over and over to David Merrill van Pelt - because, some months before the event King John had knuckled under to a virtual embargo of England by the Roman Catholic Church and had formally made himself a vassal of the Pope, with the provision that he could do nothing without the Pope's authorization. As soon as the 1215 Magna Carta was sealed (it was never signed) at Runnymede, a copy with an anxious letter from King John was dispatched to Rome at top speed, and the Pope, as soon as he saw it, vetoed it so legally it never had any authority in England.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

AndyK wrote:Darash's reading comprehension leaves a lot to be desired. Unless he has convinced himself that his genuine pseudo-legal gibberish somehow constitutes a REAL official proceeding of a REAL court, his horse dies at the starting gate.
Darash wrote:18 USC § 2076 Whoever, being a clerk of a district court of the United States, willfully refuses or neglects to make or forward anyreport, certificate, statement, or document as required by law, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both.

18 USC §1512 (b) Whoever knowingly uses intimidation, threatens, or corruptly persuades another person, or attempts to do so, or engages in misleading conduct toward another person, with intent to -
(1) influence, delay, or prevent the testimony of any person in an official proceeding;

(2) cause or induce any person to -- (A) withhold testimony, or withhold a record, document, or other object, from an official proceeding; (B) alter, destroy, mutilate, or conceal an object with intent to impair the object’s integrity or availability for use in an official proceeding; … shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 20 years, or both.

(3) … (c) Whoever corruptly—(1) alters, destroys, mutilates, or conceals a record, document, or other object, or attempts to do so, with the intent to impair the object’s integrity or availability for use in an official proceeding; or (2) otherwise obstructs, influences, or impedes any official proceeding, or attempts to do so, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 20 years, or both.
:sarcasmon:

"It's an official proceeding, all right! We, the People, duly constituted this here Citizen Grand Jury, just like the Magna Carta says we can do; so what we do is just as legal as those de facto pretenders claim about what they do. We use real, gen-yoo-wine lawyer-talk, just like those BAR members do, coming from gen-yoo-wine court cases...."
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Pottapaug1938 wrote:So much to criticize and debunk; so little time.... I will note, though, that when these Great Legal Scholars charge their would-be defendants with High Treason, they cite two court cases (one from England), all while quite forgetting the only constitutional definition of treason in the US, as set forth in Article III, Section 3 of the Constitution.
Additionally, if you are going to cite an english definition of treason, then every american government act at any level is treason.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
bmxninja357
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by bmxninja357 »

fortinbras wrote:If you do a little arithmetic, you'll see that the $8000 that he wants is much more than he needs to send out letters to every federal judge. It leaves a lot for mad money. Figuring 49¢ postage per letter plus 11¢ for the paper, the envelope, etc., for a total of 66¢ per letter to 2000 judges = $1,200.
you guys have forgot how some dummies like to blow the dough. redo the math accounting for all the letters being sent registered mail.

now thats how you waste other peoples money! that gets results! so long as the result you want is wasting money and keeping postmen in business...

peace,
ninj
whoever said laughter is the best medicine never had gonorrhea....
LightinDarkness

Post by LightinDarkness »

One of the NLA grand jurors from Florida was selected for actual, real grand jury duty and is apparently causing trouble. Hes been trying to take over the proceedings and order people around with his new found sov'run knowledge. Darash has been trying to keep this hush, it hasn't been talked about openly on his calls, but Rod Class spilled the beans (see episode "880" about 17 minutes in).

It looks like the NLA might soon get the attention it so desperately wants, I am pretty sure legitimate grand jury member going full sov'run on the proceedings will not go over well.
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

'Round here, you have to be of sound mind to serve on a grand jury. The prosecutor should have the authority to remove him and insert one of the alternates.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Post by Arthur Rubin »

bmxninja357 wrote:
you guys have forgot how some dummies like to blow the dough. redo the math accounting for all the letters being sent registered mail.
That doesn't work, either. Registered mail was $5.75, and certified mail (apparently with receipt) was $3.85, the last time I had occasion to do either one. According to usps.com, registered mail for a first class letter is an additional $11.95+, and certified mail is $3.30.
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95
notorial dissent

How unusual, Darash's figures don't add up!!!!!! :lol:

fortinbras, I think you are off just a teeny bit on your calculations. The document(s)/thing is 22 pages to start with, and even considering cheap paper that is still going to be well over the current 1 oz postal rate, so it is probably looking at a minimum of .70 per letter, and considerably more if he goes with a better grade of paper so as not to look shoddy. That still comes out to 44,000 pages. I doubt he is going to have or be able to find a home printer that can turn out that many copies, so I think he'll have to go to a job printer to get his little mailing done, and as a comparison, the last time I had anything done at Office Depot they charged me .10 or .11 a sheet for standard grade 18-20# paper, so already it's looking like almost $5k just for the letters, plus another $1420 at least in postage, so at this point it is $6k and rising. I would assume there will be a cover page(s), can't imagine his ego not requiring that, so that will add to the outlay as well.

So like all of Darash's fantasies, not very well planned out.