MORE TROLL ALE ::HIC::
49%

Total votes: 61

rumpelstilzchen
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: In Jail By Consent?

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

ngupowered wrote:For this topic, I wish, require & will, in effect before today, to be made moderator.
Would that be yesterday?
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

ngupowered wrote:Bring the edit option back on.
Look, since it's set per individual forum, it takes like ten whole minutes to turn it off for one user and it's super manual. There's just no easy way to do it. To turn it back on is the same process just in reverse. I don't consent to turning it back on. Now if I accidentally turned off your ability to do something else, like print a thread, I'll totally go in there and fix that.
Now, moderate away all the posts thus far - not the first.
Still not consenting to that.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

ngupowered wrote:Oh, I want to read what I consent to by signing up - who actually does?
I do not consent to you reading what you consented to by signing up.

There, that is resolved.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
rumpelstilzchen

ngupowered wrote:Oh, I want to read what I consent to by signing up -
Oh the irony. The King of Consent does not know what he has consented to.
You couldn't make it up. :haha:
who actually does?
Everybody apart from you it would seem.
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
webhick

Post by webhick »

And I added the troll ale option back.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
ngupowered
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by ngupowered »

ROFL, now we're having a bit of fun. :lol: Spoken like a true lawyer. :arrow: Just do your utmost.

Rumpel, I kinda anticipated they'd pick me at my words. And I still got busted on the edit option. No worries though.

Rumpel, Really? So you believe everybody that signed up read the agreement before clicking 'I consent' or whatever.
If this was my last post, you'd know I was inappropriately banned
You know I'm right you're wrong I'm wrong you know I'm right ...
I consent to ban other users and moderate their posts.
ngupowered
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by ngupowered »

Ah, I want all options back, including 'repor'. Do your utmost.
If this was my last post, you'd know I was inappropriately banned
You know I'm right you're wrong I'm wrong you know I'm right ...
I consent to ban other users and moderate their posts.
webhick

Post by webhick »

ngupowered wrote:Ah, I want all options back, including 'repor'. Do your utmost.
I do not consent.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

webhick wrote:
ngupowered wrote:Ah, I want all options back, including 'repor'. Do your utmost.
I do not consent.
Sounds like webhick has gotten into her "Ye shall not pass" posture.

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

ngupowered wrote:
Rumpel, Really? So you believe everybody that signed up read the agreement before clicking 'I consent' or whatever.
"Express or implied," remember? :lol:
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
Duke2Earl
Eighth Operator of the Delusional Mooloo

Post by Duke2Earl »

ROFLMAO!
My choice early in life was to either be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politican. And to tell the truth there's hardly any difference.

Harry S Truman
AndyK
Illuminatian Revenue Supremo Emeritus

Post by AndyK »

Anybody been following the college pre-season football practices?

From what I hear, Notre Dame looks good this year.
Taxes are the price we pay for a free society and to cover the responsibilities of the evaders
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

Did you know they're building a whiskey barrel factory down the street from my house?
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
rumpelstilzchen

ngupowered wrote:
Surely a self-proclaimed expert in law, such as yourself, would not need to ask that question?
Would it not be foolish to enter into an agreement without even knowing the terms?
Who on earth would give their consent without knowing what they are consenting to? Only an idiot would do that wouldn't they?
BHF wrote:
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

JamesVincent wrote:Did you know they're building a whiskey barrel factory down the street from my house?
Really? I have to wonder about one thing, since this is thread is pretty much about troll ale, is whether whiskey makers would ever use troll parts in making whiskey. I mean, I can't recall seeing any single troll whiskies on the shelves, but I could be wrong.

And on a related note, we have 15 13 16 responses for gnu's poll question in favor of troll ale. I just want to thank gnu for consenting to having that question added to the poll. 15 responses - that has to be significant, right?

JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

The Observer wrote: Really? I have to wonder about one thing, since this is thread is pretty much about troll ale, is whether whiskey makers would ever use troll parts in making whiskey. I mean, I can't recall seeing any single troll whiskies on the shelves, but I could be wrong.
Now you know where to order the barrels if you decide to be the first.

http://www.themoreheadnews.com/local/x1 ... wan-County
Feb. 5, 2013 — A major supplier to Kentucky’s bourbon whiskey industry and the largest barrel manufacturer in the world has selected Rowan County for its fifth stave mill to supply white oak lumber to barrel-making plants (cooperages) on five continents.

Independent Stave Company (ISC) of Lebanon, Mo., is purchasing 62 acres of land here because of global demand for the high quality white oak timber in this region, according to Teri Smith, ISC’s marketing director.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

The Observer wrote:whether whiskey makers would ever use troll parts in making whiskey.
I've found feathers in Wild Turkey. Didn't consent, either.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

I think that I will consent to cracking open a can of Heady Topper. Not only is it great beer, but it also beats dealing with you-know-who any further....
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Pantherphil
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Post by Pantherphil »

The enlightened discussion of sippin' whisky sure beats troll ale. James Vincent, have you been following the legislative maneuvering between George Dickel and Jack Daniels over the right to be called Tennessee whisky? If you can't beat 'em on taste, you can define them away. Seems like in order to be the Genuine Article the whisky needs to be kept in new white oak casks, all nicely charred. No reused casks permitted. Sounds like good news for the cooperage in your neck of the woods.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Pantherphil wrote:The enlightened discussion of sippin' whisky sure beats troll ale. James Vincent, have you been following the legislative maneuvering between George Dickel and Jack Daniels over the right to be called Tennessee whisky? If you can't beat 'em on taste, you can define them away. Seems like in order to be the Genuine Article the whisky needs to be kept in new white oak casks, all nicely charred. No reused casks permitted. Sounds like good news for the cooperage in your neck of the woods.
In the world of craft beer, more than a few barrels which once held bourbon are being used to hold beer. Quite a good way to recycle....

On the other hand, I like what the people up in New Brunswick used to do. They'd buy old rum barrels, pour boiling water into them, and let the residual alcohol leach out. The result was less than perfect; but it was cheap and you could then reuse the barrels for whatever fit your fancy.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools