Sovrun Cattle - The Sagebrush Saga of Cliven Bundy

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

Wake Up! Productions
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Sovrun Cattle - The Sagebrush Saga of Cliven Bundy

Post by Wake Up! Productions »

Anatomy of a Standoff: The Occupiers of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge Headquarters

http://www.adl.org/assets/pdf/combating ... upiers.pdf
DEAN CLIFFORD IS OUT OF PRISON !!! :shock:
Wake Up! Productions

Lambkin
Warder of the Quatloosian Gibbet

Post by Lambkin »

So couldn't they go pick up Cliven on more or less the same sort of charges applied in Oregon?
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

So last night the rumor that was being spread was that Finicum was shot while on his knees with his hands up and surrendering. Now we get this:

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-stando ... while.html
Robert "LaVoy" Finicum, the spokesman of the refuge occupation, was shot and killed after he charged police during a roadside stop north of Burns on Tuesday, according to a man on Facebook who claims to be the driver of one of two vehicles involved in the highway shooting.
Fixed the link.
Last edited by Jeffrey on Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

And jackpot, the 32 page complaint against the arrested dudes including Ammon Bundy and Pete Santilli.

http://res.cloudinary.com/bdy4ger4/imag ... kkivkn.pdf
Lambkin
Warder of the Quatloosian Gibbet

Post by Lambkin »

Jeffrey wrote:So last night the rumor that was being spread was that Finicum was shot while on his knees with his hands up and surrendering. Now we get this:

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-stando ... occup.html
I think you meant this one: http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-stando ... while.html
Robert "LaVoy" Finicum, the spokesman of the refuge occupation, was shot and killed after he charged police during a roadside stop north of Burns on Tuesday, according to a man on Facebook who claims to be the driver of one of two vehicles involved in the highway shooting.
Wake Up! Productions

Ammon Bundy Asks Supporters to Abandon Refuge

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/ore ... ge-n505536

Cliven Bundy sounds off on LaVoy Finicum's death in Harney County

http://katu.com/news/local/cliven-bundy ... ney-county
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

Wake Up! Productions wrote:Ammon Bundy Asks Supporters to Abandon Refuge

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/ore ... ge-n505536

Cliven Bundy sounds off on LaVoy Finicum's death in Harney County

http://katu.com/news/local/cliven-bundy ... ney-county
Most of the evidence cited in the FBI affidavit comprises previously available blog and social media posts and videos by the defendants, along with news reports of their comments.
Way to go. Have to love social media.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
Wake Up! Productions

‘Bundy Militia’ members appear in federal court

http://www.bendbulletin.com/localstate/ ... eral-court#
PORTLAND — Seven members of the so-called Bundy Militia, the armed group that holed up at the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge, appeared in federal court in Portland on Wednesday facing conspiracy charges for blocking employees’ access to the refuge.

The defendants are each being held on a charge of “conspiracy to impede officers of the United States from discharging their official duties through the use of force, intimidation, or threats,” a crime that’s punishable by up to six years in prison.
Is there anyone here on Q that can attend?
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

NYGman wrote:Unfortunately those that have remained are apparently ready to stick it out, They had the chance to leave, but they know better. [This according to NPR morning edition] This will not end well for them.
Except that they are disbanding. Ammon Bundy sent a message that the rest of the occupiers (estimated as "several") should stand down and go home. And it was reported later that Jason Patrick, who had taken over as leader at the site, once Bundy was arrested, had left.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

In another moment of sovrun citizen irony, I saw a quote from Finicum stating that most of his family's annual income of $110,000 a year was from the state for raising foster children.

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

The Observer wrote:
NYGman wrote:Unfortunately those that have remained are apparently ready to stick it out, They had the chance to leave, but they know better. [This according to NPR morning edition] This will not end well for them.
Except that they are disbanding. Ammon Bundy sent a message that the rest of the occupiers (estimated as "several") should stand down and go home. And it was reported later that Jason Patrick, who had taken over as leader at the site, once Bundy was arrested, had left.
Glad to see him issuing that statement, hope anyone remaining listen.

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
Wake Up! Productions

Ore. Residents Wish Militia Had Gone Home

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdNWJrr2MHo
Chaos

Post by Chaos »

The Observer wrote:
and his wife is saying he'd never make such a statement. :lol:
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

This has all the earmarks and quirks of the standoff at the Brown Redoubt, ended pretty much the same way, with a whimper and thankfully not a bang. With regrettably one loss of life in this case, a stupidly wasted life, but a life none the less. The affair in Ore is being called in some circles the not Gunfight at the Dildo Ranch, for a variety of reasons.

I would say that now that the basic charges have been filed to hold these fools, the real work will get done and there will be a laundry list of things they are each charged with to a varying degree, but I kind of foresee an end similar to the Brown defenders when the dust settles, some really confused and bewildered people doing some VERY serious time for not having put on their thinking caps when they got up that morning all those weeks ago and decided to go play cowboy commando out in the boonies of OR. I would suspect that most of them will get nailed on some of the more serious weapons charges since I think there was some pretty exotic, not to mention highly illegal, hardware being played with out there. Them wannabe militia boys and their toys you know. I can't even begin to imagine the other laundry list of charges waiting for them, but I am sure there will a long one, even for the dumber and lesser of the crowd.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

Jeffrey wrote:And jackpot, the 32 page complaint against the arrested dudes including Ammon Bundy and Pete Santilli.

http://res.cloudinary.com/bdy4ger4/imag ... kkivkn.pdf
After reading this in full, it is just wonderful the roll Facebook, YouTube, and blogs by those involved were used as evidence in support of the complaint. I guess filming your illegal activities, posting photos of illegal activities, blogging about illegal activities, calling on others to help engage in illegal activities, may not be the best idea. I love how they captured snippets of conversations from the Live Streams too.

I wonder if these movements will take note of this development, and change their tactics. I also wonder if other countries will look at this example, and use these sources to build their cases, especially with respect to some of the freeman foolishness going on in the UK.

At the end of the day, it is very nice of them to incriminate themselves...

EDIT: to add http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-ff- ... story.html On point article...

The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

NYGman wrote:I wonder if these movements will take note of this development, and change their tactics.
I doubt they will. Most of the "leaders" and "gurus" in these movements thrive on attention and publicity - even if they have to generate it themselves. We have discussed before the apparent egotism and narcissism that motivates behavior that most reasonable people would realize leaves one sitting squarely in the sights of a guilty verdict.

Ammon Bundy is no different in this regard. His behavior showed that he arrogantly believed that he could trigger a widespread revolt with his ridiculous demands and behavior. What he got instead was general disgust and a shunning from the very people he thought would come out in support of him.

The latest count I have heard was that there is one die-hard occupier left at the site who is refusing to leave. He became particularly unhinged when he found out that the press was being kept behind the roadblocks, leading him to the conclusion that this is the signal for the government to start its 'bloodbath' against him. Again, you can see the issue that idiots like these have an overdeveloped need for attention and glorification; if you cut off their fix, they start crying like a baby.

webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

They should send in a fake reporter with a real cameraperson, with the agreement that the fake will be "shot" with a saline-filled tranquilizer dart. Then once he or she is hit, they go down in a glorious death scene while the supporter freaks the hell out. Then as the fake reveals that he or she is totally fine and starts laughing hysterically, they shoot the supporter with a real dart and drag his ass off the compound.

Then, they put him under a pool table at a bar like three states over and pour a bunch of booze on him. When he wakes up, they should explain to him that he's been on a month-long bender and that he was so wild that there was no removing him from the premises. Then they throw him out onto the street.

With three dollars in his wallet, which is likely more than he started with.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

That reminds me of reading about the Philippine government fighting a guerrilla movement many years ago. They were interrogating prisoners and not getting any vital information - even with torture. So the next time that they captured some guerrillas, instead of hauling them into a POW camp, they whisked them away to a site where other guerrilla prisoners were assembled before a firing squad. The 1st group was given a good viewing spot of what was happening. The 2nd group was told this was their absolute last chance to provide information or they would be executed. Everyone in the 2nd group, man and woman, refused to squeal and were systematically machine gunned down as promised - complete with gore, blood and screams.

The original set of prisoners were now lined up in front of their fellow - and dead - comrades and given the same speech. Immediately many of them began talking their heads off, giving up intel, names, dates. After they finished, to their utter surprise the second group of guerrillas got up and walked away. They were actors hired by the Philippine government from the local movie industry to play the role of ardent, faithful guerrillas that could "die" on command.

NYGman

Post by NYGman »

The Observer wrote:The original set of prisoners were now lined up in front of their fellow - and dead - comrades and given the same speech. Immediately many of them began talking their heads off, giving up intel, names, dates. After they finished, to their utter surprise the second group of guerrillas got up and walked away. They were actors hired by the Philippine government from the local movie industry to play the role of ardent, faithful guerrillas that could "die" on command.
Love it, although I am sure someone has some ethical problem with this