Sovrun Cattle - The Sagebrush Saga of Cliven Bundy

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Re: Sovrun Cattle - The Sagebrush Saga of Cliven Bundy

Post by notorial dissent »

Both the above comments are quite true and can, and would have an effect on the other defendants. The one thing they missed, or at least didn't expand sufficiently is that at some point, one or more of the group defendants is going to start throwing the others under the proverbial bus in the vein of it wasn't me doing all those illegal things it was someone else. One of the defendants was already upset that one of the Bundy lawyers was pursuing a course that did not protect the other defendants. Surprise surprise, that is how it works. I suspect there will be a lot of residual splatter, but there should be enough to go around to guarantee them all nice long prison sentences.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Jeffrey
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Jeffrey »

Probably tangentially related and old news, but I just noticed that Pete Santilli was mixed up with Neil Keenan, the guy promoting the Dragon Family nonsense:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AL7kW_-cfmw

Which draws a neat little nexus between the Bundy Saga and the Dragon Family thread.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Yes, the sad thing is that, like the fact all roads lead to Rome, in this case all the roads of Frickingtardistan intersect each other multiple times.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

The Observer wrote:Yes, the sad thing is that, like the fact all roads lead to Rome, in this case all the roads of Frickingtardistan intersect each other multiple times.
and lead back on themselves.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

The devil's basket weaving.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
rogfulton
Caveat Venditor
Location: No longer behind the satellite dish, second door along - in fact, not even in the same building.

Post by rogfulton »

"No man is above the law and no man is below it; nor do we ask any man's permission when we require him to obey it. Obedience to the law is demanded as a right; not asked as a favor."
- President Theodore Roosevelt
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Link is resulting in a "page not found."

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
rogfulton
Caveat Venditor
Location: No longer behind the satellite dish, second door along - in fact, not even in the same building.

Post by rogfulton »

"No man is above the law and no man is below it; nor do we ask any man's permission when we require him to obey it. Obedience to the law is demanded as a right; not asked as a favor."
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

The link works but Bundy never ran cattle on his homestead, that was the problem. Unless someone has made a gather they're still running on BLM land
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
rogfulton
Caveat Venditor

Post by rogfulton »

Hyperbole?
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Nope. Hyperbulle.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
notorial dissent

WES!!!!
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Ryan Bundy is allegedly trying more traditional legal strategies:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... a-standoff
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

From the news report linked above:
In a pretrial hearing on Monday in court in Portland, federal officials accused Ryan of attempting to escape Multnomah county jail, disclosing that deputies found the inmate on 8 April with torn sheets braided together under his mattress, the Oregonian reported.

Prosecutors said that deputies also found two strips of torn sheets, extra pillowcases, towels and unauthorized food containers.

Bundy responded that he was a “rancher trying to practice braiding rope”, adding: “It’s self-serving speculation and simply not true, your honor,” according to Oregon Public Broadcasting.
Heck, ah mean, whut’s a cowboy tuh doo when he’s cooped up in a jail cell? Knittin'? Shucks, that's woman's work!

:lol:
Gotta practice mah rope-makin’, pardner!
:lol:
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
notorial dissent

Except that rope ISN'T braided, it is wound.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

From the article:
In March, in an unusual move, Ryan decided to represent himself in court and waived his right to counsel.
No, going pro se not an unusual move for a sovrun. In fact it is a de riguer move for a sovrun. Throw a sovrun into court and they cannot help but immediately make a motion to dismiss their public defender and request to represent themselves. It is as if it is some genetic anomaly that propels themselves towards a legal disaster.

Only if it were you or I would requesting pro se status would it be an unusual move.

LaVidaRoja
Basileus Quatlooseus

Post by LaVidaRoja »

The adage "He who represents himself has a fool for a client." is probably most specifically true in a criminal case.
Little boys who tell lies grow up to be weathermen.
notorial dissent

Ryan is going for the I'm really really stupid defense, and so far his actions have borne that out perfectly. More appropriately he is an idiot with an idiot for a client. He is going pro se because big brother got all the available grift, what little there was, to get two really really incompetent legal firms in a row to represent him, well actually just get him in deeper, but it is what he wants, it remains to be seen if the current crop will try and go as sovcit as the last batch, but early days yet, and they have no more CDL experience than the prior crew, so good times. He has in the meantime been complaining almost non-stop about how hard it is to plan a defense, or do anything, when he is locked up with no lawyer, seriously. His actual plan, it appears, is that he is going to, he thinks, crib whatever big brother's brilliant legal trust :roll: comes up with and do a sort of joint defense that way. :sarcasmon: I don't think that will work out too well either, for either of them.
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

In a truly delightful turn of events, Ryan Bundy is now trying Karl Lentz' material:

https://www.scribd.com/document/3195784 ... Ryan-Bundy

Discussion on fogbow.

http://thefogbow.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... start=7625
notorial dissent

Ryan has filed all sorts of true sovcit meaningless gibberish, and is apparently quite pleased with himself. Included is one unintentionally true and factual document declaring officially to the court that he 'is an idiot and an incompetent" all of which are a howl to read. It is very likely that the court will shortly terminate both his and Medenback's pro se privileges for failure to follow court rules and directives. Medenback was on the old standby invalid oath routine. Judge wasn't amused and isn't playing.