Sovrun Cattle - The Sagebrush Saga of Cliven Bundy

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Re: Sovrun Cattle - The Sagebrush Saga of Cliven Bundy

Post by notorial dissent »

If there actually is water of any kind available, the cattle will be as close to that as they can be and still browse, as that is where there will also be more likelihood of some semblance of browse. They really are being mistreated. They are stupid, but not that stupid, generally.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

eric wrote:Although the weapon is missing a few significant parts to make it fully operational, it has the basics. Throw in a cocking handle, jury rig some sort of mount for it, and you could use it. Looks like one, by the appearance of the barrel, was pulled out of some sort of aircraft application.

Certainly the type of weapon that would scare the pants off any police officer having to face down someone who had it mounted in the back of their toyota. :naughty: That being said, I sincerely doubt that half these wannabe's have the knowledge or expertise to operate/maintain one properly or could afford the cost of the assorted small parts (M2's eat small parts and you can burn out a barrel in two belts) or the ammunition at $500 per box milsurp.
The story was that the frame/receiver part was from a pawn shop. Emry got a barrel for it and got it to a working condition. He actually told the FBI that it was fully working.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

And we have this article that shows that the patriots in Oregon are starting to wield some political clout in the wake of the Bundy arrests.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
TheNewSaint
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by TheNewSaint »

Cliven Bundy has filed a lawsuit against Harry Reid, Barack Obama, and others. It alleges, among other things, that the earlier Bundy standoff was a plot by the government to steal Cliven's land and sell it to the Chinese. It demands $50,000,000 in damages, and that Larry Klayman be allowed to represent him.

Raw document: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7DLtp ... VSZ28/view

Coverage at Gawker, with a guest appearance by JJ MacNab: http://gawker.com/cliven-bundy-files-ba ... 1775831018
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

the earlier Bundy standoff was a plot by the government to steal Cliven's land and sell it to the Chinese
First time I see a lawsuit based on an Alex Jones conspiracy theory.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/conspiracy/nevada.asp
the theory that Reid's putative involvement in the Bundy dispute was motivated by a desire to somehow profit from the building of a solar plant falls flat in the face of two basic facts: The site that ENN Mojave Energy was planning to buy in order to build a solar plant is nowhere near the public land Bundy has been disputing with the government, and ENN gave up the solar project and terminated its agreement to buy land to house it as far back as June 2013
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

Funny thing is the government will take his land, right after they finish the suit to recover the money he owes everyone.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
notorial dissent

That steaming pile is almost certainly 99 and 99/100% Larry Klayman. The thing that still baffles me is that he is, at least allegedly, there is a good deal of discussion on the point, filing a Bivens action against the people in their individual capacities. As individuals, they would have no way of effecting anything against Bundy that might be claimed. IMHO it is nothing but an exercise in barratry, which is pretty much KKKlayman's stock in trade. I also wasn't aware that you could get a stay or dismissal of s criminal complaint by filing a civil suit. The things I learn studying KlaymanlawTM

Mostly I think it is a back door attempt to get Klayman PHV, and I hope it explodes spectacularly in all their faces, as at this point I think both Klayman and the other attorney are deserving of severe sanctions.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
mpo
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by mpo »

Odalis Sharp visited the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge with her children. http://www.kansascity.com/news/politics ... 34323.html. Her daughter was in the pickup with LaVoy Finicum when he decided to ignore the two roadblocks.

Well, some of her children have been taken into protective custody. The children called protective services claiming abuse. http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/cr ... 11232.html
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

Refrain, refrain, restraint, find your happy place............
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
notorial dissent

At this point Odalis is totally child free, Child Services took the last of them in to protective custody and the minors were turned over to their father, and Odalis will probably very shortly be house free as well as it appears her landlord is evicting her. The story on the children is not pretty.
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

This woman if full of great ideas. First, she thinks it would be great to take them out of school, drive them to Oregon, and have them sing for a group of Armed interlopers, who illegally took over a government compound.
Some of the children reported that their mother swatted them at least three to four times a week and that each time, the swats were eight to 15 in number, the worker said.

“They said it’s typical to always receive some type of bruising and other times have bled from the swats,” the worker testified.

“The children told me they were fearful,” she said. “They did not want to return to their mother.”

Sharp said during the hearing that “a lot of my friends know that I use a rod.”

“That is not a secret,” she said.

She asked the social worker if they had checked any of the children for bruises. The worker replied that the children said they hadn’t been spanked for about three weeks because one of the older siblings had been home and taken away the rod.
Then she still believes, in today world, that there is nothing wrong with using an actual Rod, to discipline her children. An actual Freakin' Rod. not a metaphorical rod, but a real rod. Not only that, it wasn't a hit or two, it was 8-15, and sometimes more. It also was multiple time a week. I don't know about you, but it sounds like a regular event, and if so, really only goes to show that the rod isn't working as a deterrent, and probably only results in the mother feeling better, as she got to beat out her frustrations on her kids. What a lovely woman. I wish someone would beat her with a rod, to teach her a lesson :sarcasmon:
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
Chaos

Post by Chaos »

NYGman wrote:First, she thinks it would be great to take them out of school, drive them to Oregon, and have them sing for a group of Armed interlopers, who illegally took over a government compound.
I believe it was uncovered that they are 'homeschooled' anyway.
notorial dissent

They are home schooled, physically and mentally abused, and she is a gun nut. The older children for the most part have run away from home and the younger ones ran away to the local police station after having removed her guns from the house. Sounds like real mother of the year materoial to me.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

I just saw this article on Facebook:

http://wonkette.com/601664/cliven-bundy ... and-a-pony

The article mentions one J.J. McNab, a correspondent for Forbes magazine. Seems to me that I've seen her on these pages before.... :thinking:
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

Pottapaug1938 wrote:I just saw this article on Facebook:

The article mentions one J.J. McNab, a correspondent for Forbes magazine. Seems to me that I've seen her on these pages before.... :thinking:
There was a recurring rumor about a book that was associated with that name, too. :wink:
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
eric
Trivial Observer of Great War

Post by eric »

Chaos wrote: I believe it was uncovered that they are 'homeschooled' anyway.
I must admit to topic drift, but let us please cut down on the derogatory comments about home schooling. I don't know about their jurisdiction, but in this province there are "gummint" approved home schooling programs. In my own little village, population less than 800, but with a perfectly reasonable K12 school, there are about a dozen parents who home school their kids for whatever reason. I know a few of the families, agree with their reasons for home schooling, and have watched their children grow up to be "normal" productive members of society. Parents may home school their kids for a multitude of reasons, sometimes it can be as simple as the waste of a child's time who lives on a working farm and is spending 3 hours per day on a school bus.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Judge Roy Bean wrote:
Pottapaug1938 wrote:I just saw this article on Facebook:

There was a recurring rumor about a book that was associated with that name, too. :wink:
Like the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus, that book is never going to show up on my doorstep, I strongly suspect. :o
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
notorial dissent

Eric, there is nothing wrong with home schooling per se, and in some cases it is the best and/or only option. In most, well nearly all, of the instances we are speaking to here the purpose is to perpetuate the parents ignorance and prejudices. In plain fact most all of the people in question have no business trying train a dog, let alone teach a child. These are in fact the people who give home schooling a really bad name. Most of the Morman contingent in this little farce are reputedly the product of home schooling, which is where a bunch of them got their "knowledge" of the law and constitution, mostly from the Skoussen legal fanfiction that is so popular with this crowd.
eric
Trivial Observer of Great War

Post by eric »

Sorry, just a personal thing with me regarding home schooling. Of the roughly dozen families I know that have home schooled their children at times, only two fall under the religious/cultural category. One was the text book conservative religious, the other had "two mothers" to use the politically correct term and they were afraid of bullying. The rest were the typical situations of children with learning disabilities that were not being appropriately addressed or just ridiculous scheduling problems since school locations out here are a political plum awarded to political sycophants. As an example, the hamlet of Kathyrn, population 20, has the local middle school so they have to draw in kids from miles away.
Chaos

Post by Chaos »

eric wrote:
Chaos wrote: I believe it was uncovered that they are 'homeschooled' anyway.
I must admit to topic drift, but let us please cut down on the derogatory comments about home schooling. I don't know about their jurisdiction, but in this province there are "gummint" approved home schooling programs. In my own little village, population less than 800, but with a perfectly reasonable K12 school, there are about a dozen parents who home school their kids for whatever reason. I know a few of the families, agree with their reasons for home schooling, and have watched their children grow up to be "normal" productive members of society. Parents may home school their kids for a multitude of reasons, sometimes it can be as simple as the waste of a child's time who lives on a working farm and is spending 3 hours per day on a school bus.
All I did was point out they are 'homeschooled' as opposed to the comment I was responding to that they were 'pulled out of school'. Don't know how you read anything derogatory into that but knock yourself out.