Sovrun Cattle - The Sagebrush Saga of Cliven Bundy

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

Lambkin
Warder of the Quatloosian Gibbet

Re: Sovrun Cattle - The Sagebrush Saga of Cliven Bundy

Post by Lambkin »

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases ... 62858.html
BUNKERVILLE, Nev., April 8, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- The Book of Bundy, the Chronicles of a Welfare Cowboy, is now available from Amazon.com and through a link at its publisher www.LetsTalkNevada.com.

The Book of Bundy contains real-time stories from 12 independent citizen-authors who wrote 59 stories that garnered over 3,600 comments from readers in the months before, during and after the Bundy Standoff with BLM federal officers in April, 2014. Let's Talk Nevada is located in Nevada's Virgin Valley where the Cliven Bundy standoff took place. This is the only local voice that captures this incident.

When people think about scofflaw Cliven Bundy, they often envision a lone cowboy calling upon anti-government militia forces to face down Federal Agents so he can continue to graze cattle for free on 145,604 acres of protected federal land in Clark County, Nevada.

The real story is more, much more.

The Book of Bundy exposes a perverted worldview and anti-government extremism. Bundy is a 67-year-old patriarch of a large Mormon family with over 50 grandchildren who says he "does not recognize and will not submit to federal police power." "I don't recognize the United States government as even existing." Bundy claims rights to use the land via his Mormon ancestors who settled the area, rights that have been refuted by every court where heard, but he continues: "We definitely don't recognize their jurisdiction, authority, or arresting or policing power in any way."

In interviews, Bundy espouses verbiage of the Sovereign Citizen movement, thereby gaining the support of members of the Oath Keepers, the White Mountain Militia and the Praetorian Guard militias. Their belief in posse comitatus is rooted in writings of Mormon extremist W. Clean Skousen who demonized federal regulatory agencies and advocated abolishing civil rights, removing any separations between church and state, and abolishing numerous government programs and agencies. The FBI considers the Sovereign Citizen movement to be the nation's top domestic terrorism threat.

LetsTalkNevada.com continues to write on this ongoing conflict between Cliven Bundy and the federal government as the one year anniversary of the standoff approaches.

The Book of Bundy – The Chronicles of a Welfare Cowboy is available in printed paperback (coffee table size) and eBook versions at Amazon.com, as well as on the publisher's website www.letstalknevada.com.

Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20150408/197363
Duke2Earl
Eighth Operator of the Delusional Mooloo

Post by Duke2Earl »

Everyone enjoying the anniversary of Mr. Bundy's glorious victory over the craven forces of the law and order? I'm sure all are celebrating the seeming inability of the government to enforce federal law. Is this really what we have come to as an example for our children and the population at large?
My choice early in life was to either be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politican. And to tell the truth there's hardly any difference.

Harry S Truman
Jeffrey
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Jeffrey »

http://www.kdrv.com/news/Mining_Operati ... egins.html

This is being billed as the spiritual successor to the Bundy Standoff. Might be fun.
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

Looks like The Bundy Son and fellow Sovereigns and militia men/women are at it again helping those who do not want to be helped

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-north ... owdow.html

Comments on this article are pretty ripe, and worth a look....
The Hammonds are father and son ranchers, due to report to federal prison on Monday. They were convicted in 2012 of arson for lighting public land on fire adjacent to their ranch land south of Burns. They have been imprisoned once and must return for an additional term after federal appellate judges said they had been illegally sentenced the first time.

Self-styled patriots and militiamen gathering in Burns don't want that to happen, declaring the Hammonds' imprisonment illegal under the U.S. Constitution.

They have latched on to the Hammonds as their latest cause to stand against the federal government.

"I am here now trying to empower and motivate the people of this community to take a stand against tyranny and show them that I will gladly stand with them," Ritzheimer said.

The Hammonds don't want to be part of the outsiders' cause, and neither do many in Harney County.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

NYGman wrote:
Ritzheimer said.
We have a thread on Jon Ritzheimer. To call him an idiot is to insult idiots everywhere.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

wserra wrote:
NYGman wrote:
Ritzheimer said.
We have a thread on Jon Ritzheimer. To call him an idiot is to insult idiots everywhere.

Didn't mean to insult idiots ;) I will pass on cross posting, the Bundy Boy who was tased at his dad;s farm is also involved, so I chose to stick it here.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Another story from AP points out that the government had prosecuted the Hammonds under a terrorism law. It also states that the Hammond's intent on setting the fire on their lands had nothing to do with politics but rather trying to control the spread of plants onto their ranch lands. The problem came when the fire spread to government lands.

If this is the case, this is another situation where the overreach of the government is only priming the pump for sovrun and militia types. Wisely, the Hammonds are smart enough to realize that getting any further involved with the sovruns is only going to hut their cause more. Pursuing an appeal of their conviction and sentencing would do far more to bring pressure and embarrassment on the government.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

More information trickles in. Ammon Bundy, son of Cliven, has now gotten involved with the militia protest in Oregon and seems to be a de facto of the group. This has now escalated into the protesters breaking into and taking over a building in a national wildlife refuge.

The prosecutors who originally prosecuted the Hammonds have gotten their side of the story out and have stated that the Hammonds were not prosecuted for terrorism as the original AP article reported. The prosecution was based on the fact that the Hammonds had gotten reported for poaching deer en masse on their property; when they were reported for doing this, the Hammonds started the fires on their property to cover up the evidence of the slaughter. The reason for the nature of the charges was the Hammonds actions (the son had started two separate fires 5 years apart) had placed firefighters lives in danger.

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/01/03/us/or ... index.html

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-north ... quiet.html

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/ ... 3-03-47-35

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

It is being reported that Ammon Bundy has two of his brothers at the takeover as well:

http://news.yahoo.com/peaceful-protest- ... 53717.html

Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

I thought Oregon would fizzle out, how wrong I was.
eric
Trivial Observer of Great War

Post by eric »

Jeffrey wrote:I thought Oregon would fizzle out, how wrong I was.
If the authorities are smart, simply cutting off utilities to the building they are occupying will solve the situation. It gets a might cold in those hills and having to be a real survivalist, not just play it on weekends, should dampen their sovereign ardour come late January when it's minus 30 or so.
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

Ammon hit the big time, he's even being reported up here;

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/oregon-fed ... -1.3387507
Bundy said the group planned to stay at the refuge indefinitely. "We're planning on staying here for years, absolutely," Ammon Bundy said. "This is not a decision we've made at the last minute."
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Wasn't one of the junior Bundys convicted of something? Is this in line with his probation terms?
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

The rhetoric in Oregon is escalating and Ammon Bundy is stating he is willing to shoot and kill if the law steps in to take back the building.

The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:Wasn't one of the junior Bundys convicted of something? Is this in line with his probation terms?
One of the sons, David, was arrested during the standoff for trespassing on BLM lands and refusing to leave. Ammon got himself tased after kicking one of the governent canine unit dogs. I don't know if Ammon or David got charged and convicted for those incidents.

LaVidaRoja
Basileus Quatlooseus

Post by LaVidaRoja »

I really, really like eric's suggestion. Cut off the utilities and let them do their vaunted survival thing. Seal off the area, as far as the rest of the world cares, a roughly one-acre parcel no longer exists.
Little boys who tell lies grow up to be weathermen.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Demo had an article in Forbes on the criminal history of the Bundys.

fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

eric wrote:
Jeffrey wrote:I thought Oregon would fizzle out, how wrong I was.
If the authorities are smart, simply cutting off utilities to the building they are occupying will solve the situation. It gets a might cold in those hills and having to be a real survivalist, not just play it on weekends, should dampen their sovereign ardour come late January when it's minus 30 or so.
AMEN and THANKS. It's already ice and snow at that wildlife refuge. It wouldn't require much for law enforcement to block the only road leading to it. After a few weeks without electricity (or internet) those clowns will be grateful for a warm and dry jail cell.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

The Bundy's one and all, from all I've seen and read, are not nice people. Treating them with kid gloves has proven to be a non-starter, and it looks like they are trying for the Federal Prison Family Plan, and I think at this point they should get it. I don't want to see anyone hurt or dead from all this, but if they aren't settled with and permanently pretty soon, someone will be.These people have a really special kind of entitled stupid and it is a particularly dangerous kind of stupid, primarily for other people.

I do think the idea of cutting off the utilities is a good one. There is nothing like being stuck in the middle of an Oregon Wildlife sanctuary with only your paytriot smarts to keep you warm. The only place that would be better is somewhere in UT or MT this time of year.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
LaVidaRoja
Basileus Quatlooseus

Post by LaVidaRoja »

They WANT to be Ruby Ridge or Waco. They should be Ed and Elaine Brown. Cutting off the utilities is the best solution (at least in my mind)
Little boys who tell lies grow up to be weathermen.