fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Re: Sovrun Cattle - The Sagebrush Saga of Cliven Bundy

Post by fortinbras »

The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Today the governor of Oregon called on the federal government to end to the occupation of the wildlife refuge.

And locally, Ammon Bundy was jeered at a community meeting he attended on Tuesday night in Burns.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
rogfulton
Caveat Venditor
Location: No longer behind the satellite dish, second door along - in fact, not even in the same building.

Post by rogfulton »

You just knew it would happen sooner or later. Yall Qaeda court has spoken
"No man is above the law and no man is below it; nor do we ask any man's permission when we require him to obey it. Obedience to the law is demanded as a right; not asked as a favor."
- President Theodore Roosevelt
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Found on the Facebook page "Snacks for YallQaeda":

Journalist JJ McNab reports that the Bundy Militia is sitting around the campfire with the Sharp Family singing....wait for it..."This Land Is Your Land", by Woody Guthrie.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

The most recent news report on the situation;

"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Burnaby, that is just priceless and so appropriate.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

Pottapaug1938 wrote:Found on the Facebook page "Snacks for YallQaeda":

Journalist JJ McNab reports that the Bundy Militia is sitting around the campfire with the Sharp Family singing....wait for it..."This Land Is Your Land", by Woody Guthrie.

Ahem ...

This land is my land
This land is my land
It isn't your land
This land is my land
I got a shotgun
And you ain't got one
This land belongs just to me

(Courtesy A Prairie Home Companion, circa 1980)
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
Jeffrey
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Jeffrey »

NYGman

Post by NYGman »

The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
rogfulton
Caveat Venditor
Location: No longer behind the satellite dish, second door along - in fact, not even in the same building.

Post by rogfulton »

Another article about what some are calling the Gunfight at the Flaming Dildo Corral.
"No man is above the law and no man is below it; nor do we ask any man's permission when we require him to obey it. Obedience to the law is demanded as a right; not asked as a favor."
- President Theodore Roosevelt
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

Is it SteveUK or STEVE: of UK?????
Forsyth
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by Forsyth »

Local news is doing a live-update of information on this:

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-stando ... dy_re.html
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

rogfulton wrote:Another article about what some are calling the Gunfight at the Flaming Dildo Corral.
I really loved that, you made my night, I laughed so hard I almost fell out of my chair. :haha: :haha: :snicker:

About this point they should be running out of squatters. They have five arrested in one swell foop, including the alleged ringleader and, you'll pardon the expression, mastermind, one killed outright, and one arrested yesterday I think it was, so they are down at least seven now it would seem, never heard what the actual census was, I know there were a couple of wannabes that were headed off and arrested, for sheer stupidity, and gun charges, on the way there over this last week, and there were several other wannabes who made noises and never moved out of their mommy's basements. Sounds like the great rebellion is ending on a pathetic whimper, thankfully with regrettably one killed. Stupid is always a viable reason though.

Oh, and I missed the part where they arrested Joseph O'Shaughnessy and our good buddy Peter Santilli and Jon Ritzheimer the other armchair wannabe. Good times.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

The article i read said only two shots were fired. If this is true, that suggests that someone forgot the Alamo.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

I think all of this shows the wisdom of allowing law enforcement to handle this situations as they see fit in terms of managing the level of confrontation and minimizing the chance of violence and death. Doing so allows the sovrun idiots the opportunity of making fatal mistakes. And in this situation, the arrogance of the Bundys was a major contribution to them being arrested far from the refuge and state sheriffs being able to make the decision when to move in and arrest. The beauty of all this is that not only did this result in the apprehension and/or death of the main leaders of this group, it also seemed to break the spirit of other loudmouths, like Rizheimer, who apparently turned himself in in Arizona to authorities.

The last count I saw was that there was 3 dozen or so occupiers. I doubt the rest will be interested in maintain a vigil that was Ammon's spur-of-the-moment idea. So we may see people scooting out in the dead of night and hoping that they don't get arrested on the way out.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

The Observer wrote: The last count I saw was that there was 3 dozen or so occupiers. I doubt the rest will be interested in maintain a vigil that was Ammon's spur-of-the-moment idea. So we may see people scooting out in the dead of night and hoping that they don't get arrested on the way out.
Unfortunately those that have remained are apparently ready to stick it out, They had the chance to leave, but they know better. [This according to NPR morning edition] This will not end well for them.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
Angolvagyok
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Post by Angolvagyok »

Slow work day? They're live-streaming from the reserve:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuJki_GfE-U

Coming and going, this one seems to be the new one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P19f7s4OCCo
AndyK
Illuminatian Revenue Supremo Emeritus

Post by AndyK »

Are we approaching the time for a few choruses of "Brave Sir Robin ran away"

or an appropriate parody thereof from one of our resident songamiths
Taxes are the price we pay for a free society and to cover the responsibilities of the evaders
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

The live-stream is absolutely tedious. They keep saying they're going to be killed and that they'll kill a bunch of cops if provoked but nothing happens.
Wake Up! Productions

Post by Wake Up! Productions »

Jeffrey wrote:The live-stream is absolutely tedious. They keep saying they're going to be killed and that they'll kill a bunch of cops if provoked but nothing happens.
Did you know that one of those that were arrested was Pete Santilli (the guy who took down Vinny Eastwood's Youtube channel)?
DEAN CLIFFORD IS OUT OF PRISON !!! :shock: