Advocare

"Buy 1 for yourself and get the chance to sell your friends and family 5 and get your downline started!" We examine the multi-level marketing industry, where only the people who come up with the ideas make any money, and everybody else is left unhappy, broke, and tired of reading scripts and selling overpriced vitamins and similarly worthless products. Includes Global Prosperity, Pinnacle Quest International, IRS Codebusters, Stratia, and other new Global Prosperity scams.

Moderator: wserra

davids
Farting Cow Emeritus

Advocare

Post by davids »

As far as MLMs go, is this one "dirty?" Friend has opened a business involving their products, which are supposedly good. Dietary supplements stuff. Anyone? Bueller?
Kestrel
Endangerer of Stupid Species

Re: Advocare

Post by Kestrel »

Is there such a thing as a "clean" MLM?

They're all built on the business model that says 97% always lose money, about 2% break even after expenses, and less than 1% rake in the Big Bux.

Any product, any service, inventory method or subscription method, MLMs are all basically the same. Half of the "wholesale" or "discount" price paid by the bottom end distributors goes to pay commissions to the upline, so there's not much money left for decent quality ingredients.

Advocare is no different.
"Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig." - Robert Heinlein
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I have to go with Kestral here. Ethics aside, I've yet to see one that I couldn't find their alleged product somewhere else better and cheaper. The vitamin scams are the worst, but I've yet to see any of them that are "clean" to my way of thinking, and I can quite honestly say that I have found every peddler of the aforementioned tiresome and obnoxious, and quite frankly repellent.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Lambkin
Warder of the Quatloosian Gibbet

Post by Lambkin »

Bovine, Flatulating: wrote:As far as MLMs go, is this one "dirty?" Friend has opened a business involving their products, which are supposedly good. Dietary supplements stuff. Anyone? Bueller?
It really doesn't matter. For the vast majority of participants in every MLM, they're flushing money down the toilet.