Dan Ptak / Jevin Sports Management Software Sues Customers It Paid Late!!

"Buy 1 for yourself and get the chance to sell your friends and family 5 and get your downline started!" We examine the multi-level marketing industry, where only the people who come up with the ideas make any money, and everybody else is left unhappy, broke, and tired of reading scripts and selling overpriced vitamins and similarly worthless products. Includes Global Prosperity, Pinnacle Quest International, IRS Codebusters, Stratia, and other new Global Prosperity scams.

Moderator: wserra

webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Re: Dan Ptak / Jevin Sports Management Software Sues Customers It Paid Late!!

Post by webhick »

notorial dissent wrote:Probably costs money and it appears that everything they did was on the cheap cheap cheap.
You can get an SSL certificate for about $75 a year. It's suitable for online forms and such. Now, if you're doing anything with sensitive data, like e-commerce, you need to have an EV SSL, which runs more like $200 a year. Online credit card processors won't even look at you unless you already have an EV SSL installed.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

True, still costs money though. I was thinking more in the realm of software to do what they were doing that would then require those certificates. I would bet they bought the cheapest crappy commerce software they could get their hands on. If it was cheap and stupid they probably did it. Then you have to have something that is compatible with your vendor/bank as well.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
soapboxmom
Matriarch of the Networked Soap Sales

Post by soapboxmom »

notorial dissent wrote:Probably costs money and it appears that everything they did was on the cheap cheap cheap.

The thing I don't understand is why the players didn't just simply pay their team or regional/local group and then that group pay to the main group? In this day of electronic funds transfers, it is so easy to do something like that and set it up.
Apparently, the otherwise crappy software does have a decent scheduling tool. And, to switch software providers the leagues have to select a new provider and then upload all the data by hand. Data from Jevin can't just be downloaded and then uploaded into a different software providers platform. So, for these small leagues that are all volunteer run charities that can't afford much office help, this is a complete nightmare.

With all this wonderful publicity about Ptak's antics, the majority of the few remaining leagues using the software should be bailing at the season's end. There have been reports to law enforcement agencies across the nation that could result in action being taken. Jevin still owes tens of thousands of dollars and there are at least 4 leagues that were never paid a dime and more that are still owed partial payments after months of fighting with this clown.

With the two court cases going on and more possibly to follow, Dan Ptak and his Jevin scam will be deluged with more scathing media coverage across the nation.
notorial dissent

The scheduling tool may have been the only thing that really worked, and may not even have been his, I'm sure there are some good ones out there. He really has caused a lot of grief.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

I think the site is using Grav, which I hadn't really heard of until now. Probably because it's a flat-file CMS, and I therefore would have discounted it as fast as I saw it and therefore don't remember it at all.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
soapboxmom

Post by soapboxmom »

Register of Actions
Case No. 005-00590-2017
TBF Financial, LLC VS. Jevin, Inc. and Daniel E. Ptak §
§
§
§
§

Case Type: Contract - Consumer/Commercial/ Debt
Date Filed: 03/10/2017
Party Information
Lead Attorneys
Defendant Jevin, Inc. Pro Se

Defendant Ptak, Daniel E. Pro Se

Plaintiff TBF Financial, LLC Millard O. Anderson, Jr.
Retained
214-287-9528(W)
Events & Orders of the Court
OTHER EVENTS AND HEARINGS
03/10/2017 Petition for Contract Consumer/Commer/Debt (OCA) $287.00
03/13/2017 Request for Citation Pre Judgment - $4.00
Daniel E Ptak
03/13/2017 Constable PCT #3 - Service Fee - $75.00
Jevins, Inc
03/13/2017 Case Information Sheet - Cover Letter by OCA
03/13/2017
Citation

Ptak, Daniel E. Unserved
03/13/2017
Citation

Jevin, Inc. Unserved
05/10/2017 Notice of Hearing
6/22/17
05/10/2017 E-Mail
05/10/2017 Mailed
05/10/2017 Motion for Rule 106 - (Motion, Affidavit, and Order)
Motion for Substituted Service
05/11/2017 Order for Rule 106
05/11/2017 E-Mail
06/22/2017 Dismissal for Want of Prosecution (1:30 PM) (Judicial Officer Wilson, Dan K)
The game is about to be over. Duck, duck, duck, duck.... is about to end with a resounding GOOSE. Dan Ptak and his Jevin scam will now be served as there is an order in place, and the hearing to dismiss the case will get cancelled the minute he is served by an alternate method approved by the court as stated in that order.

I am betting on a win for the Plaintiff due to default judgment. I doubt Ptak can afford an attorney and drawn out fight. The corporation must be represented by an attorney in Texas as the law will not allow anyone (even the owner) to represent a corporation that is not licensed counsel. The fun is about to start.

I remember with such fondness the Advantage Conferences' bank account being emptied by a garnishment by the Better Business Bureau of Dallas after winning in court against that pyramid scheme. Good times!
notorial dissent

I thought Jevin/Ptak had a lawyer, the over eager new lawyer at that big firm that was also representing one of the other sports groups?? Did I miss something in the soap opera??

Also doesn't TX allow service through the Sec of State when a company dodges service? Here at least if you can't find the person or the lawyer or the registered agent, then you serve the SOS and all is done for legal purposes.
soapboxmom

Post by soapboxmom »

notorial dissent wrote:I thought Jevin/Ptak had a lawyer, the over eager new lawyer at that big firm that was also representing one of the other sports groups?? Did I miss something in the soap opera??

Also doesn't TX allow service through the Sec of State when a company dodges service? Here at least if you can't find the person or the lawyer or the registered agent, then you serve the SOS and all is done for legal purposes.
Jevin / Dan Ptak's lawyer, LeAnn Diamond was a partner with Albin Roach until December 2016. 2 of the current partners at Albin Roach including Mr. Albin are now the opposing counsel representing the SkyView Football league and parents. On January 17, 2017 diamond joined Luce Law and our own Judge noted that they were not lightweights. Weeks ago I noticed that Diamond had been sanitized from the Luce Law site.

If Diamond has a penchant for working for free I suppose she might agree to represent him in the case with TBF Financial, the firm that bought Jevin and Ptak's bad debt and is chasing him around trying to get him served. Now, with the judge's order in place service will be imminent. So, I guess we will just have to watch and see what he does when duck turns into goose. A rousing and fun game to be sure. Looks to me like that case is a sure loser for Ptak and will be the last nail in Jevin's coffin.

I am not aware that the Secretary of State has anything to do with process service. I suspect the notice will be taped to his front door or something along those lines.
notorial dissent

I had wondered what had happened with our Ms Diamond. The last I had noticed she was a partner/working at Albin Roach, and I guess I lost track at that point. I didn't think that it was a good sign when the senior partners took on the opposing party. I would say then, that at this juncture he/they are short a lawyer, and she is probably short of employment. I don't know about TX, but at least around here that kind of movement is generally indicative of unemployability. So at a glance, I would say that things are not going well for Ptak/Jevin, and going to get MUCH worse.

Again, not familiar with TX corp law, but I do know that in my state and several others companies are required to maintain an active agent for service, and if they don't, then that agent becomes the SOS, and that becomes sufficient for legal service of process, so no ducking and hiding. They also tend to get real (legally)cranky when that happens.
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

soapboxmom wrote:...

I am not aware that the Secretary of State has anything to do with process service. I suspect the notice will be taped to his front door or something along those lines.
You can effect service through the TX SoS's office for $55.00 per person/entity served. Generally speaking, it's done via certified, RR mail to the Corporation's registered agent.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
soapboxmom

Post by soapboxmom »

Judge Roy Bean wrote:
soapboxmom wrote:...

You can effect service through the TX SoS's office for $55.00 per person/entity served. Generally speaking, it's done via certified, RR mail to the Corporation's registered agent.
Thanks Judge. So, now Ptak will have to duck his postman as well. Sweet!
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

notorial dissent wrote: I would say then, that at this juncture he/they are short a lawyer, and she is probably short of employment.
Given how quickly she has seemed to end up on the wrong side of this litigation, she also seems to be short a sandwich.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
notorial dissent

I would say that is a pretty good guess. She doesn't strike me as being very selective of her clients.
soapboxmom

Post by soapboxmom »

Register of Actions
Case No. 005-00590-2017
§
§
§
§

Party Information
Lead Attorneys

Retained
214-287-9528(W)
Daniel E Ptak
Jevins, Inc
03/13/2017
Citation

Ptak, Daniel E.
Served 05/15/2017
03/13/2017
Citation

Jevin, Inc.
Served 05/15/2017
6/22/17
05/10/2017 E-Mail
05/10/2017 Mailed
05/11/2017 E-Mail
06/22/2017 Dismissal for Want of Prosecution (1:30 PM) (Judicial Officer Wilson, Dan K)

Civil Paper Services

Date
Time
Officer
5/15/2017
3:53PM
Carpenter, Toby
Goose!!!
soapboxmom

Post by soapboxmom »

Garland Soccer Lawsuit Successful David Arciniega Ousted!

David Arciniega received 10 votes. Rachel Beltran took the president’s seat with 20 votes.

Treasurer, Sam Perry, withdrew his name from the ballot. Jesse Flores was voted in from the floor.

A newer member, Laura, successfully defeated Erick Quintana for the position of Publicity and Awards Director. Erick Quintana signed a No Confidence Petition against me because I supported a more qualified candidate opposing David Arciniega for president in 2013. I have filed complaints about this blatant harassment and election tampering that have yet to be heard. I expect Erick Quintana to be suspended from all soccer activities due to this. I passed out copies of the egregious petition filed against me and spoke out in support of free and fair elections going forward at the meeting.

The positions of Facility and Equipment Director and Special Events and Training Director went unfilled as Don Starkey had announced his departure at the beginning of the season, and Terry Walser withdrew his name from the ballot at the election.

Rosemary Martinez, who provided excellent customer service for years, has left. Gayle Brandt is also leaving.

The settlement announcement was shared with the coaches:
Announcement
Heather Dobrott and the Garland Soccer Association and David Arciniega announce that all matters in controversy between them in the lawsuit filed by Dobrott against the Association and Arciniega have been compromised and settled. No payment of damages was made to Dobrott as that was not the purpose of her lawsuit. Further, Dobrott did not receive full reimbursement of her attorneys’ fees incurred as part of the lawsuit. As part of the settlement, a contribution to the Garland Soccer Association Scholarship Fund will be made in Dobrott’s name. The parties have agreed in their settlement to confer and discuss the issues raised by Dobrott in the lawsuit and to work together toward a betterment of the Garland Soccer Association and the children it serves.

I have been in contact with USSF’s legal department and will file a national grievance against any administrators and/or NTSSA if the issues I have raised are not fully investigated, heard and handled as the by-laws dictate. I will continue to work tirelessly until there is transparency and full accountability in North Texas State Soccer.

It is imperative that all member associations do their due diligence on all prospective candidates for the North Texas State Soccer Association board and see that David Arciniega, Larry Hall and the others who have been wreaking havoc are voted out. It is high time NTSSA follow its own by-laws and handles grievances and appeals promptly instead of sweeping them under the rug.

Dan Ptak and his Jevin scam can kiss Garland Soccer goodbye as a customer.
notorial dissent

Congratulations. I would hope that Garland would tell Jevin to FOAD, that is unless you all want to lose more money that is.
soapboxmom

Post by soapboxmom »

Register of Actions
Case No. 005-00590-2017
§
§
§
§

Party Information
Lead Attorneys

Retained
214-287-9528(W)
Daniel E Ptak
Jevins, Inc
03/13/2017
Citation

Ptak, Daniel E.
Served 05/15/2017
03/13/2017
Citation

Jevin, Inc.
Served 05/15/2017
6/22/17
05/10/2017 E-Mail
05/10/2017 Mailed
05/11/2017 E-Mail
If my very bad math is correct, I believe Dan Ptak and Jevin should have filed their answers to this lovely suit yesterday.
soapboxmom

Post by soapboxmom »

05/19/2017 Motion to Dismiss
Defendant Heather Dobrott's Motion to Dismiss Pursuant to Chapter 27 of the Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code
05/24/2017 Letter
Notice of Hearing on Defendant Heather Dobrott's Motion to Dismiss
07/17/2017 Dismissal Hearing (9:00 AM) (Judicial Officer Tucker, Angela)
Special Appearance
07/21/2017 Reset by Court to 07/17/2017
http://www.realscam.com/attachments/f12 ... edies-.pdf

It looks like all of the defendants in this most ridiculous action will be represented at this hearing. I see the Special Appearance note was just added.
soapboxmom

Post by soapboxmom »

Register of Actions
Case No. 005-00590-2017
§
§
§
§

Party Information
Lead Attorneys

Retained
214-287-9528(W)
Daniel E Ptak
Jevins, Inc
03/13/2017
Citation

Ptak, Daniel E.
Served 05/15/2017
03/13/2017
Citation

Jevin, Inc.
Served 05/15/2017
6/22/17
05/10/2017 E-Mail
05/10/2017 Mailed
05/11/2017 E-Mail
06/20/2017 Correspondence/Fax/Email to Court Administrator
Case has been settled; parties to submit an Agreed Judgment.
06/22/2017 CANCELED Dismissal for Want of Prosecution (1:30 PM) (Judicial Officer Wilson, Dan K)
Agreement Reached
Financial Information
Can't wait to see what the other creditors do. Ptak and/or his Jevin disaster had 8 lines of credit open according to the UCC and he has leagues still out tens of thousands of dollars.
notorial dissent

Have fraud complaints with the DA's been filed yet?