Primerica

"Buy 1 for yourself and get the chance to sell your friends and family 5 and get your downline started!" We examine the multi-level marketing industry, where only the people who come up with the ideas make any money, and everybody else is left unhappy, broke, and tired of reading scripts and selling overpriced vitamins and similarly worthless products. Includes Global Prosperity, Pinnacle Quest International, IRS Codebusters, Stratia, and other new Global Prosperity scams.

Moderator: wserra

Number Six
Hereditary Margrave of Mooloosia

Primerica

Post by Number Six »

I got a couple solicitations from "Mary Ann" about an hour north of here as they have Tuesday work opportunity sessions; they are apparently using Indeed or other sites to garner potential "associates" for their MLM system.

This is not a good company, right? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primerica

I emailed a couple links.

I did hear from her: "I'm not sure what you are saying. We are a very compliant company and our crusade is to do what's right for the client. Wish you'd come hear more at some point. Thx"

I see how they aggressively respond to complaints, saying it's their competitors who are talking them down.

But many unhappy customers: https://www.consumeraffairs.com/employm ... t&filter=1
'There are two kinds of injustice: the first is found in those who do an injury, the second in those who fail to protect another from injury when they can.' (Roman. Cicero, De Off. I. vii)

'Choose loss rather than shameful gains.' (Chilon Fr. 10. Diels)
TheNewSaint
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Primerica

Post by TheNewSaint »

Number Six wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:42 pm But many unhappy customers: https://www.consumeraffairs.com/employm ... t&filter=1
My lord, there are some real horror stories in there:
I had a son with special needs. I originally had insurance through American Family Insurance for $15,000 which was all that they could approve for him with his condition. That was fine, I would've had what I needed to bury him. I met an agent while working that told me he could get me more for my son because he was a Vice President and at a lower rate. I let him take care of the paperwork which he said he would and my stupid butt let him. He lied on the application about my son's condition so of course the insured amount increased. And of course when everything settled I got denied because the company said he was never eligible for the insurance so they weren't paying out.
eric
Trivial Observer of Great War

Post by eric »

I've known a few people who have gotten tied up with the Canadian version of Primerica and here is how it works. In Canada, much of what Primerica sells requires a licence so it's a little different than in the US.
1. person posts a resume on various job seeker sites looking for a professional sales position. Primerica reps usually can't afford to post their own ads seeking employees.
2. The reps harvest these resumes where you are invited to a quick half hour vetting interview.
3. You then start your "training" disguised as a group interview.
4. You are trained to sell rather pricey term life insurance to your friends and family. It's commission only and a big chunk of your commission goes to the next level up the line the same as any other MLM scheme.
5. Any other financial products you attempt to sell you will get a very small referral bonus for your efforts - these products actually require a licence to sell so they are through a third party.
6. If you are very lucky you will sell a half dozen policies and pick up a couple of thousand bucks for a major expenditure of time and effort. Most people can't convince more of their family to buy over-priced restrictive policies.
7. After a couple of months you realize that the only way to make money is to move higher up the ladder and recruit your own reps. If you have a desire and ability to become a cult leader you may do well at this.

May I suggest if you are really into predatory home based selling try selling vacuum cleaners. If you have no morals but a gift for the gab you can actually do quite well for yourself. I know one Kirby vacuum salesman who went well beyond the old joke about selling refrigerators to eskimos. He was quite proud of himself for making sales to elderly people whose electricity had been cut off. BTW I always invite vacuum cleaner salespeople in to make their pitch to me. I get a free "gift" of some junk, I make them work their butt off to demonstrate their product to clean a particularly dirty carpet, and then I send them on their way, satisfied in the knowledge that I have wasted their time for two hours.
Number Six
Hereditary Margrave of Mooloosia

Post by Number Six »

Another greedy, marginally legal company that should have long ago been shut down based on many complaints that state AGs have fielded. I don't know how they get away with this type of extensive fraud adding more financial misery on those who thought they were buying a safety net.
'There are two kinds of injustice: the first is found in those who do an injury, the second in those who fail to protect another from injury when they can.' (Roman. Cicero, De Off. I. vii)

'Choose loss rather than shameful gains.' (Chilon Fr. 10. Diels)