ACN - MLM?

"Buy 1 for yourself and get the chance to sell your friends and family 5 and get your downline started!" We examine the multi-level marketing industry, where only the people who come up with the ideas make any money, and everybody else is left unhappy, broke, and tired of reading scripts and selling overpriced vitamins and similarly worthless products. Includes Global Prosperity, Pinnacle Quest International, IRS Codebusters, Stratia, and other new Global Prosperity scams.

Moderator: wserra

noblepa
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

ACN - MLM?

Post by noblepa »

A few days ago, a former co-worker called me and tried to recruit me to join ACN (American Communications Network), a company which tries to get people to sign up for utilities, such as phone, cell phone, electricity and water, through their company.

They recruit "independent" salespeople to make the calls on potential customers. For this, the salespeople receive the munificent sum of 2 percent of the customer's bills.

Salespeople are also encouraged to recruit others to act as salespeople, for which they receive a percentage of the downstream revenue.

It sure sound like a typical MLM scheme to me. The real money comes from recruiting new salespeople, just like Amway and every other MLM.

I don't think its a scam, per se. I believe that they do follow through on their payments, but it is nearly impossible to make as much money as they claim. Like Amway, I think that it is legal, but not worth the effort required to make any money. On their webpage, they claim to have an A+ rating from the BBB.

I passed. I've just retired and could use a little extra money, but I don't think that this is it.

Has anyone heard anything, good or bad, about ACN?
NYGman

Re: ACN - MLM?

Post by NYGman »

It may be legit but my feeling with these type of things is you don't get the best value for Money. I likely can get electric, gas, phone, etc cheaper on my own, I am betting it is at least 2% more, at a minimum, maybe more if there are up chain percentage payments. I think this is the same issue with the phone provider MLM scams. It was legitimate but the service was just more expensive than other alternatives that weren't structured as an MLM scam. After all somebody has to pay the Vig.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Re: ACN - MLM?

Post by JamesVincent »

Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
VinnyZ
Scalawag
Scalawag