FHTM (Fortune High Tech Marketing)

"Buy 1 for yourself and get the chance to sell your friends and family 5 and get your downline started!" We examine the multi-level marketing industry, where only the people who come up with the ideas make any money, and everybody else is left unhappy, broke, and tired of reading scripts and selling overpriced vitamins and similarly worthless products. Includes Global Prosperity, Pinnacle Quest International, IRS Codebusters, Stratia, and other new Global Prosperity scams.

Moderator: wserra

Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Re: FHTM (Fortune High Tech Marketing)

Post by Arthur Rubin »

FHTM wrote:It's a David and Golliath deal. To save me tens of thousands in extra legal costs I agreed to temporarily take down the website - nothing more. I never agreed to any infringement. You should get your story straight. You blow alot of smoke......cant wait to hear your take on the class action I had nothing to do with
If the web site goes back up, so do the legal costs....
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

FHTM wrote:It's a David and Golliath deal. To save me tens of thousands in extra legal costs I agreed to temporarily take down the website - nothing more.
No question that litigation can get expensive. But this one appears to be fairly cut-and-dried. Either you're using FHTM's marks or you aren't. If the latter, that shouldn't require "tens of thousands in extra legal costs" to prove.
I never agreed to any infringement.
Oh, really? You agreed to an order which provides, in part, that "Unless subsequently agreed or ordered otherwise, Defendants will take the following actions: ... (ii) immediately cease and desist using the trademarks identified in Exhibits A and B to Fortune’s Motion for Preliminary Injunction". (Emphasis supplied.) In court, where it counts, you agreed to "cease and desist"; here, where you can say whatever you wish, you deny doing it.
cant wait to hear your take on the class action I had nothing to do with
We'll see how it goes. I never said, though, that I didn't think FHTM were scammers. I do think so. I just think you are too.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
bmielke

Post by bmielke »

FTHM you are spamming, but you are not very good at it, you split your spam post on two different threads.
wserra

Post by wserra »

Not any more. One large copyright violation is more than enough.

Hey, Joe - if all you're going to do is spam copyrighted material, take it somewhere else.
- David Hume
FHTM

Post by FHTM »

FHTM admits in a brief to the Arbitrator that it DOES not own the intellectual property or trademark on the word "Fortune" The injunction was all a huge lie to harass Isaacs.

This week FHTM also announced that they were ordered to cease and desist using the coveted DuPont logo because they have no partnership nor permission to use it.
fhtmclassaction

Post by fhtmclassaction »

According to FHTM:
FHTM is no longer authorized to use the DuPont name, logo, or trademark in any way. FHTM should immediately discontinue the use of any materials containing the DuPont logo. Our right to use DuPont’s name, logo and trademark was revoked because FHTM abused the system by creating and distributing unapproved marketing materials that displayed the DuPont logo.

According to the real world:
How can this be true when the DuPont logo has been part of the FHTM corporate created business presentation DVD for years? The only reason they blame the reps for this is to shield themselves from a major trademark infringement lawsuit. FHTM never had a partnership or any relationship with DuPont, yet they took it upon themselves to represent they did in an effort to make themselves legal. Surprise…surprise.
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Those reading this thread should be aware that FHTM and fhtmclassaction both post from the same IP address.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
wserra

Post by wserra »

FHTM wrote:FHTM admits in a brief to the Arbitrator that it DOES not own the intellectual property or trademark on the word "Fortune"
Of course you can't trademark the word "Fortune". I am sure there are already dozens of trademarks which contain it, including Fortune Magazine, Wheel of Fortune, Fortune 500, and doubtless many others. Oh, yeah, there's also "Fortune High Tech Marketing".
The injunction was all a huge lie to harass Isaacs.
Shocking. Then why'd you consent to it, Joe?

BTW, pick a thread and post something once. You've been warned before.
- David Hume
fhtmclassaction

I hear that Isaacs was attempting to save legal fees and that is why he consented to the temporary injunction. He also thought that the case would have been dropped last year because FHTM has no case, no evidence and now they claim a whopping $208.00 in damages. If he had known this was going to be a 100K legal bill and a year or more he would have fought the injunction. FHTM lied and defrauded the court in making motion for injunction. Their time will come.
fhtmclassaction

FTC Steps Up Efforts Against Scams That Target Financially-Strapped Consumers-More Than 90 Actions Brought By Commission and Its Law Enforcement Partners

[Mod deletes lengthy quote which is a verbatim copy of this one.]
Last edited by wserra on Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Delete verbatim lengthy repost.
wserra

Post by wserra »

fhtmclassaction|FHTM|Joe Isaacs: that is the third or fourth time you have reposted lengthy cut-and-pastes verbatim. Next time you're gone.
- David Hume
EagleOne
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Post by EagleOne »

Actually I am surprised this is still in business. I thought people would have caught on by now this is an illegal pyramid scheme and not join. Then I was also hoping with all the cease and desist orders flying, the FTC would have stepped in and either shut them down, or fined them out of existence. Hopefully it will die from lack of new recruits, or it will be shut down by the feds. My hope is the feds do it so these clowns cannot come back with a new scheme when this folds. We all know they will at least try. At least a few years in the slammer will stop them for a while. This cannot go down fast enough for me.
Lynndel "Lynn" Edgington
Founder/President Eagle Research Associates http://eagleresearchassociates.org
Author: Robbing You With A Keyboard Instead Of A Gun - Cyber Crime How They Do It Available in soft cover and eBook on Amazon.com
fhtmclassaction

For 50+ years, virtually no 'MLM' wampum has been sold to the public for a profit (courtesy of corporate frauds watch)

Last year, we posted an exposé of a grotesque, narcissistic charlatan, Alan Kippax, and his pernicious 'MLM business opportunity' cult, known as 'Business In Motion.' We later informed readers that Mr. Kippax had been jailed in Canada for causing the death (by wreckless driving) of his cousin and for maiming an innocent young couple, and that his ongoing 'MLM/BIM' racketeering activities were finally facing limited, criminal investigation in Canada. At that time, I severely criticized UK government trade regulators who (6 years previously)) had caught Kippax red-handed, running the identical 'Amway' copy-cat cult in Britain behind an absurd corporate front known as 'Treasure Traders Corp.', but who had then allowed this dangerous little liar to flee to his homeland of Canada with stolen funds totalling several millions pounds which he used to set up the 'BIM' fraud.

In 2005, instead of the UK police immediately arresting Kippax under the Theft Act and seizing his ill-gotten gains, this affair was left to UK government trade regulators who have absolutely no powers to make criminal investigations. Consequently, legal advisers to the UK Dept. of Trade and Industry could only to file a civil, public interest bankruptcy petition against Kippax' front company. It was then revealed in court that the 'Treasure Traders Plan for Financial Freedom' was, in point of fact, a dissimulated closed-market swindle, contrary to UK Trading Schemes and Lotteries legislation, in which Kippax had arbitrarily defined unlawful internal payments (in exchange for effectively-unsalable wampum) as lawful external 'sales.' http://www.insolvency-service.co.uk/vie ... %20Limited . In this way, Kippax had deceived several thousand UK citizens into handing over regular cash payments to his counterfeit 'direct selling company' on the pretext that anyone could retire from work by being their own loyal 'Treasure Traders' customer and by recruiting their friends and relations to be their own loyal customers, etc. ad infinitum. In simple terms, Alan Kippax was proved to be a common thief who had stolen millions of pounds from thousands of UK citizens, but he never faced the slightest criminal charge in the UK.

Corporate Frauds Watch received various supporting comments from a middle-aged American couple, Mr. and Mrs. Basset, who were, apparently, former, deluded adherents of Mr. Kippax' unoriginal, economic pseudo-science. However, these same people have subsequently posted unsubstantiated material on the Net denying the reality of our wider-analysis of 'MLM business opportunity' Fraud, in which they steadfastly pretend intellectual authority, by insisting that I have not conducted enough research to pronounce all MLM companies to be hiding essentially the same racket. However, Mr. and Mrs. Basset would appear to be under the spell of yet another gang of grinning 'MLM business opportunity' racketeers http://togethertothetop.com/. The fact that senior agents within the US Federal Trade Commission have recently issued a blanket-warning to the American public about 'MLM business opportunity' fraud http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoB2PKYbu4Q , whilst, for years, other senior FTC agents have refused to enforce criminal laws which prohibit it, has had the effect of authorizing major, ongoing racketeering activity not just in the USA, but also around the globe. Essentially, the FTC currently holds the same reality-denying position as Mr. and Mrs. Basset. On the one hand, US government trade regulators (like Eileen Harrington) fully-accept that 'MLM business opportunities' are fraudulent, whilst on the other hand, these same officials need to cling to the fairytale that other 'MLM business opportunities' are viable. Indeed, if senior FTC officials (like Eileen Harrington), were publicly to face up to the ugly truth that their own colleagues have been acting under the influence of racketeers, the US government would be buried under an avalanche of litigation and certain corrupt FTC officials would risk disgrace and long prison terms. Tellingly, I have recently tried to speak with Eileen Harrington, but I was told by her Orwellian assistant that she doesn't accept calls from the public. Yet the public are her employers.

Meanwhile, in the adult world of quantifiable reality, the mountain of evidence proving our wider-analysis of 'MLM' to be accurate, continues to grow.

Like the bosses, and reality-inverting propagandists, of the 'Amway' mob, the bosses, and reality-inverting propagandists, of the 'Fortune Hi-Tech Marketing' mob have steadfastly pretended that:

Their direct selling company is perfectly lawful and is associated with all manner of trusted household-names in the USA. They cannot be held responsible if some rogue 'Independent FHTM Business Owners' do not obey the company's own rules which oblige them regularly to sell significant quantities of good-value products, and services, to the public for a profit.

At the same time, numerous dissidents, testify that the 'FHTM' plan for financial freedom is, in point of fact, a dissimulated closed-market swindle, in which unlawful internal payments (in exchange for effectively-unsalable wampum) have been arbitrarily defined as lawful external 'sales.' In this way, tens of thousands of 'FHTM' adherents continue to be deceived into handing over regular cash-payments to a counterfeit 'direct selling company' controlled by a little gang of sanctimonious racketeers, on the pretext that anyone can retire from work by being their own loyal 'FHTM ' customer and by recruiting their friends and relations to be their own loyal customers, etc. ad infinitum.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIHmRvK1chw

Independent evidence from all around the world proves beyond all reasonable doubt that, for the previous 50+ years, virtually no 'MLM' wampum has been sold to the public for a profit, and that all so-called 'MLM companies' are absurd fakes which have actually been peddling variations of essentially the same 'business opportunity' lie to tens of millions of constantly-churning victims.

I have previously been criticized as 'grossly over-reacting,' for describing this multi-billion dollar global-fraud as a financial holocaust (with a small 'h') of which many people are in denial, but how else would one accurately describe it?

David Brear (copyright 2011)
fhtmclassaction

Re: FHTM (Fortune High Tech Marketing) loses Verizon too

Fortune Hi-Tech Marketing loses Verizon Wireless from product offering
Courtesy of Article Monster
http://www.articlemonster.com/busine...-offering.html

So many questions and not enough answers. In a world fighting for customers and companies watching over their reputations like a hawk, what do these companies all have in common? I am referring to major Fortune 100 icons like General Electric, DuPont, Time, Verizon Wireless and AT&T as well as some smaller ones like Travelocity, Peter Lamas and BSP Rewards Mall.

The answer is simple, somehow over the past 10 years and probably unbeknownst to them, they became aligned with a Multi-Level Marketing company known as Fortune Hi-Tech Marketing (FHTM). This was mainly accomplished because Fortune Hi-Tech does business with some of their authorized dealers and 3rd party affiliates. Fortune’s attempt to prove it’s legal by association has backfired, as it normally does. It is very difficult to build your reputation at the expense of someone bigger, when they have no idea who you are.

Should these companies have a say in who gets to use their brand in the pursuit of the almighty dollar? For the first time in FHTM’s history the number of companies represented by it on the menu board at fhtm.net is shrinking. How can that be good?

According to court documents and a major USA Today expose, last September, none of these companies had direct relationships with FHTM.
In March 2010, Monica Lindeen, the Securities Commissioner for the State of Montana, issued a cease and desist against Fortune HI-Tech Marketing for operating an illegal endless recruiting pyramid scheme. Since then Texas has demanded documents in an investigation, South Carolina AG Roy Cooper, has opened an investigation into Fortune’s business practices, as part of the FTC’s “Operation Empty Promises”, and its own home state of Kentucky has done the same.

Two blistering heart pounding class-action lawsuits have pummeled FHTM in 2010 as well. The first was filed in Federal Court in Kentucky in September 2010 and the other in Federal Court in Southern California two days before Christmas last year too. Neither of these lawsuits have been certified as a class yet, and mainly due to some extensive manipulation of the legal system by the Fortune legal team.

What is the cost of that battle? Some estimate legal costs upwards of $500K monthly. That certainly will take a huge chunk out of any business’ cash flow. Fortune is not the first MLM or pyramid scheme to be involved in major lawsuits. Amway just agreed to pay a record settlement of close to $150 Million. Most top law firms and executives know they can’t win these types of suits, and mainstream media leaves a negative impact on their business. Attorneys have very little defense to RICO and pyramid scheme allegations, and after spending millions trying to defend the allegations, usually make arrangements for settlement conferences. They may win some of the small battles but not the war. What is the depth of the scars these lawsuits leave to deter others to join?

So the important question now remains, why did these huge conglomerates allow their names and reputations to potentially be smeared by a company like FHTM? The answer is simple - they didn’t know what was happening.

According to ex-representative, Joseph Isaacs from Tampa, Florida, “When these companies find out that their trademarks, names, logos and reputations are being used by FHTM in order to aide FHTM in proving its’ legitimacy they will issue a cease or desist, insist on the actions to stop or not allow FHTM to market their products”. Which others will walk when they find out the real business model and litigation history of Fortune Hi-Tech?

As of March 2011 every one of the companies listed above has either issued a cease and desist or no longer allows itself to be aligned with Fortune Hi-Tech Marketing. How has this affected their aura of legitimacy? How do they explain all of this to new and even existing independent representatives?

In reviewing some FHTM business presentations on YouTube, it was apparent that the logos of GE, DuPont, Verizon and AT&T were there for one reason. What are the repercussions of only being legal by association? According to Joseph Isaacs, “Top leaders would tell prospects during the business presentation that they must be legal because no iconic Fortune 100 company would affiliate with a scam”. “All of these major companies sent their CEO’s and legal teams to meet with founder Paul Orberson to evaluate FHTM and check out their books. This cannot be so and was nothing more than a lie used to recruit”, he added. What rhetoric do these leaders use today to explain the loss of such major brands? Only time will tell.

Will FHTM leaders and owners blame the latest Verizon fiasco on the reps like they did in their announcement pertaining to DuPont only a few weeks ago? How long will this saga continue? Which other company will research the true business model of Fortune Hi-Tech Marketing and un-align themselves next? It is too early to tell but this story is far from over.

If the massacre continues then Fortune will be nothing more than a vitamin and dog food MLM. That is not very hi-tech and not too many fortunes will be made by affiliation. How much representative revenue has been lost as a result of these major companies walking away? How many current representatives are scrambling to replace so many customer points? How many Regional and Executive managers won’t get bonuses because their team points are greatly depleted because of the latest loss? We searched high and low for the answers but didn’t find any.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

I guess we are saying goodbye to fhtmclassaction?
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
wserra

Post by wserra »

The Observer wrote:I guess we are saying goodbye to fhtmclassaction?
He hasn't posted this particular cut-and-paste before, unlike the ones he received warnings about.

I'm getting pretty tired of the guy - especially since we know who he is - but that's not a reason to toss him.
- David Hume
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

My favorite part of the post was that the link was broken.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

wserra wrote:He hasn't posted this particular cut-and-paste before, unlike the ones he received warnings about.

I'm getting pretty tired of the guy - especially since we know who he is - but that's not a reason to toss him.
Yet this is what you stated earlier, and thus my response:
wserra wrote:fhtmclassaction|FHTM|Joe Isaacs: that is the third or fourth time you have reposted lengthy cut-and-pastes verbatim. Next time you're gone.
My interpretation was that it wasn't in regards to a particular cut-n-paste post, but that his modus operandi is nothing but cut-n-paste and that is what was generating the wrath of the admin(s).

Of course, if you had second thoughts about what you posted earlier and are changing your position, understood. If I am seeing the situation incorrectly, mea culpa.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
wserra

Post by wserra »

I wasn't as clear as I could have been. Sorry.

Isaacs was not only posting lengthy and in all likelihood copyright-violating cut-and-pastes, he was posting the same one multiple times. If you look maybe ten posts above, I linked to a post he made here where he did exactly that. There were others.

Most people understand that few actually read lengthy pastes the first time. Far better to summarize, then post a link to the whole article for those who want more information. That requires too much work and originality for some people, though.
- David Hume
fhtmclassaction

DO you always talk out of your ass Ms. admin? You speak of a guy like you know him yet have no clue. Where does it say anything about the limit on a post or reply? Stop harassing this guy and get one with helping to promote the FHTM sscam! :twisted: