Global Information Network - Kevin Trudeau's Latest Scam

"Buy 1 for yourself and get the chance to sell your friends and family 5 and get your downline started!" We examine the multi-level marketing industry, where only the people who come up with the ideas make any money, and everybody else is left unhappy, broke, and tired of reading scripts and selling overpriced vitamins and similarly worthless products. Includes Global Prosperity, Pinnacle Quest International, IRS Codebusters, Stratia, and other new Global Prosperity scams.

Moderator: wserra

Doc Bunkum
Scamologist General (MLM Division)

Global Information Network - Kevin Trudeau's Latest Scam

Post by Doc Bunkum »

So I see Kevin Trudeau has moved his base of operations. Things are getting too hot for him over here apparently. "The Global Information Network (GIN)is a Non Profit Multi-Form Foundation organized in the country of Nevis."

The Founders of GIN include members of :

* The Brotherhood
* The Bilderbergers
* The Council on Foreign Relations
* The Free Masons
* Yale University’s Skull and Bones
* The Illuminate
* The Trilateral Commission
* And several other Elite International Societies

The Founders of the Global Information Network are, and will always be anonymous.

The founders of GIN will always be anonymous?

Naw, it's Kevin Trudeau and his latest scam.

Membership Application

I want to apply for membership in the Global Information Network (GIN). I understand that GIN will begin processing applications on or about June 15, 2009. Please charge my credit card listed below $1,000 for my membership initiation dues. Please charge my credit card listed below $150 each month for ongoing membership dues. I understand that I may cancel my membership at any time, but all membership dues paid are non-refundable.

Why You Should Consider Applying for Membership in the Global Information Network

You should consider joining the Global Information Network if you want to:

* Make serious money
* Develop global wealth
* Protect your assets
* Achieve financial independence
* Learn how to raise $10,000 USD CASH in 24 hours
* Learn how to raise $100,000 USD in 90 days
* Learn how to make $100,000 USD or more each month from home
* Learn how to get over $1 million USD in credit within a year for business purposes
* Be debt free
* Develop a lifetime permanent monthly income
* Develop emotional well being
* Develop ultimate inner peace and happiness
* Eliminate depression, fear, insecurity, anger, or other emotional issues
* Learn how to cure and prevent disease without drugs and surgery
* Learn the secrets of anti-aging
* Learn from and associate with the most powerful successful people in the world
* Learn the secrets from over 20 “secret societies”
* Learn HOW to use the Law of Attraction in real life
* Learn HOW to attract and manifest a new car or cars
* Learn HOW to attract and manifest a new home or homes
* Learn HOW to attract and manifest romantic love
* Learn HOW to attract and manifest your perfect healthy slim body
* Learn HOW to attract and manifest more friends and better social status
* Learn HOW to be in control of all people and situations
* Learn how to Have, BE or Do everything and anything you desire
* Learn the secrets of the privileged elite class never before revealed

Wow!

All that for $1,000 membership initiation and $150 each month.

What's left to say?
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Re: Global Information Network - Kevin Trudeau's Latest Scam

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

I don't want to join unless the GIN can tell me who put the bomp in the bomp-ba-bomp-ba-bomp.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
justdave

Post by justdave »

I got those two books from Screw-deau. They are now in a Halfpriced Bookstore. I tried reading the first book, but it turned out to be one chapter of "cures" surrounded by 300 or so pages of anti-governtment ranting. In the back was this story about how this dude who made some wonder bread but got shut down by the FDA. I didn't even bother with the 2nd book.
Doc Bunkum
Scamologist General (MLM Division)

Post by Doc Bunkum »

Infomercial King Sentenced To Jail For E-mail Bombing Judge
February 18, 2010, 12:57PM

Appears Kevin may be headed to jail - again - this time for asking supporters to bombard a federal judge with e-mails.
Trudeau last week put up a plea on his Web site last week telling fans "Kevin needs your voice," and listing the judge's e-mail address, according to the Chicago Tribune.

U.S. District Judge Robert Gettleman was not amused when his inbox was subsequently clogged with hundreds of testimonials about the wonders of Trudeau's methods (his "Natural Cures" series has sold millions of books). Some of the e-mails were "harassing, threatening and interfering," the judge said, according to the Sun-Times.

The judge found Trudeau in contempt of court and ordered him to prison for 30 days. He is scheduled to report to authorities later today. Trudeau has posted an apology on his blog: "It was wrong to make that request. Please do not under any circumstances communicate with the court or Judge Gettleman."
:lol:
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Post by Dezcad »

Doc Bunkum wrote:Infomercial King Sentenced To Jail For E-mail Bombing Judge
February 18, 2010, 12:57PM

Appears Kevin may be headed to jail - again - this time for asking supporters to bombard a federal judge with e-mails.
Trudeau last week put up a plea on his Web site last week telling fans "Kevin needs your voice," and listing the judge's e-mail address, according to the Chicago Tribune.

U.S. District Judge Robert Gettleman was not amused when his inbox was subsequently clogged with hundreds of testimonials about the wonders of Trudeau's methods (his "Natural Cures" series has sold millions of books). Some of the e-mails were "harassing, threatening and interfering," the judge said, according to the Sun-Times.

The judge found Trudeau in contempt of court and ordered him to prison for 30 days. He is scheduled to report to authorities later today. Trudeau has posted an apology on his blog: "It was wrong to make that request. Please do not under any circumstances communicate with the court or Judge Gettleman."
:lol:
Looks like his imprisonment has been stayed pending an upcoming hearing -
http://www.wgntv.com/news/wgn-kevin-tru ... 4001.story.
Infomercial pitchman gets reprieve from jail -- for now

Jeff Coen and Serena Maria Daniels WGN News

February 18, 2010
CHICAGO - Infomercial pitchman Kevin Trudeau won't be going to jail today after all.

A federal appeals panel has stayed the 30-day sentence U.S. District Judge Robert Gettleman imposed after Trudeau's supporters bombarded his computer with e-mails last week.

The appeals court gave no reason for the stay, but agreed that Trudeau can remain free until it decides his appeal of the sentence. The appeals panel will hear arguments Tuesday, and a decision could come soon afterwards.

In the meantime, Gettleman instructed Trudeau not do anything to generate more e-mails to the court.

Gettleman had sentenced Trudeau on Wednesday after citing him with contempt for using an Internet radio broadcast and his Web site to urge supporters to e-mail the judge with messages about how Trudeau's products had changed their lives.

The judge has been overseeing a civil complaint filed by the Federal Trade Commission, in which he previously had found Trudeau in contempt of court for using deceptive advertising as he marketed a book.

Some 300 Trudeau fans responded, crashing the judge's e-mail account. On Wednesday, Gettleman called the e-mail attack a deliberate attempt to "harass, intimidate and influence" him and sentenced him to 30 days.

Trudeau, dressed in a sharp suit, had no visible reaction to the judge's sentence, but smiled and joked with some in the courtroom afterward. Trudeau said he believed he was only exercising his right to free speech and said he would have plenty to say on his radio network "when I get out."

But while dressed casually in jeans this afternoon, expecting to report to jail, he talked briefly to reporters after learning of his repreive. "I'm happy to go home. When it's all done, I'll have a lot to say," Trudeau said.

Trudeau filed an appeal of his contempt citation and 30-day jail sentence with the 7th Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals late Wednesday, seeking his release from custody pending the appeal. He had been scheduled to surrender to U.S. marshals this afternoon.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

I got that email to send an email to this judge. I never had time to send but the request was only for testimonials about how Kevin and his radio show and books have helped my life. I think it is kind of funny in a way that people are freaking out that their actions are now being scrutinized. Kevin's and the judges!

A friend of mine told me about GIN last year before the launch. I joined and was initially disappointed but I have stuck with it. I am very enthusiastic now that in the last two months the Information has grown exponentially!

If you have ever purchased personnel growth course or books this is the site for you. If you are familiar with The Secret, Nightengale-Conant, Dr. Joe Vitale or Mega Memory you need to join.

Now for those of you who think it is all a scam you can join the affiliate program for free! Thats right, Free! I know some of you will still call that a scam but I can't convince everyone. As an affiliate you can make money selling memberships to the site and you will be given access to free marketing training.

Don't be a follower, at least allow your curiousity to explore by checking out the audio at the site for more info by clicking here http://www.globalinformationnetwork.com/.

Please take a moment to contemplate what "No commercials" means. The link to the site is OK - people need to see what is being discussed - but recruit somewhere else. Last warning.
- Mod
Last edited by Sharp Guy on Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

CaptainKickback wrote: The real genius is the person who paired gin and vermouth and the chap who paired gin with tonic water.
Amen! Can I get a hallelujah!
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Sharp Guy wrote:As an affiliate you can make money selling memberships to the site
Now, I know there's a word for that.

Yet another "self-help" ripoff, the point of which (as the above poster was kind enough to describe it) is selling memberships.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
consultech

Global Information Network examination

Post by consultech »

I am a forensic expert
I don't join anything without investigating it.
check out "Global Information Network Scam" on google

My conclusions: Regarding Global Information Network!
Unsubstantiated claims:
30 Billionaires funded the operation and are involved.:
I seriously doubt that any billionaire let alone 30 would associate with Kevin Trudeau who has been indicted for fraud and sentenced to jail
WHY is it based in Nevis West Indies? Safe haven against legal actions.
Comparison with secret societies:
I am associated with 3 of the societies mentioned, annual dues are generally less than $100 and all of then identify management to the members as well as budgets and expenditures and members select management. Not the case with GIN.
$150/month dues, Assume that GIN has 10,000 members that equals $1.5 million per month and $18 million per year! What is all this money used for?
GIN is a nonprofit organization: If it is, then this means that GIN must spend all the money each year- the best way to do this is to pay the founder Kevin Trudeau. Already indicted for fraud.
GIN has all kinds of information available to members: With the internet,and educational institutions libraries etc. information is readily available and it is not hard to accumulate what ever you want to make an impression. Also with the money they accumulate hiring people to do this is not a problem.
With management a secret, and based in Nevis, what assurance is there that GIN will not just go out of business?

Psychologists agree that people like to be included and to feel special, and they fantasize about "Secret Societies"believe me as someone who knows they are NOT that special and serve limited purposes.

Join now in July and get $10,000 in 2 years: With the cash flow they receive this is a small amount plus if you subtract the $3600 plus the $1000 ($4500) you are only really getting $5500 if GIN is still around. Why do you think it is based in Nevis? Ever try to bring a legal action against a company based in Nevis? Good luck.

Conclusion: It is a very cleverly orchestrated scam. In a US based class action what would the liability be for those who go along with this and become parties to this scam?
Smart people should stay away from this and use their money more wisely.
wserra

Re: Global Information Network examination

Post by wserra »

consultech wrote:Conclusion: It is a very cleverly orchestrated scam.
No, it isn't. It's an obvious, blatant scam.

From the stupid hype at the beginning:
one of the best money making opportunities of all time
you will be joining the most unique, private and extremely exclusive member-only societies designed to help you create wealth, and teach you the secrets to have, be or do anything and everything you ever desire
300%-3000% returns on investments using little known yet very effective techniques
a revolutionary breakthrough for making money and creating wealth
learn how to make more money than you ever imagined
a $1000 investment into over $1 million dollars in less than a year
to the admission at the end:
requires no inventory, no “product” selling . . . [they have] a product that no one can duplicate…membership in the Global Information Network
Selling memberships is the definition of a pyramid.

And it does not require a "forensic expert" to figure this out, something a real forensic expert would understand.
- David Hume
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Full disclosure I have been a member since since Aug 2009 before they even officially launched. It was lame at the beginning. However the concept is brilliant!

I have been asked this question a lot "GIN, Whats in it For ME?"

I can now break it down into three categories of benefits.

1. Live Learning Events - the money hires speakers from around the world to come speak at events around the world (Mostly in the US right now but cetainly not exclusively). The events are included in your membership fees and dues. Now weekend events you do need to pay for your food, lodging and transportation but the event itself is included. If you wonder what an event runs look up Jack Canfield and see what the retreats with Jack run. Some of the speakers have been Ron Ball, Dr. Fred Van Liew and Dr. Leonard Caldwell, to name a few. I almost forgot that you get to meet people in person and make contacts which can really help your business or increase your employment oppurtunities.

2. Personal Development Information at the website - There are a lot of recorded ecourses, ebooks, and videos. Also every live event, mentioned above, is recorded and within a week or two available on the GIN website. They have also just opened there own private version of facebook so that members from around the world can communicate.

3. MLM - You guys have already beat this one up as all MLMs are a scam. I haven't promoted much so I don't have an income from GIN but the info is worth the price to have access to info when I have time. I do have an affiliate downline and I enjoy communicating with people trying to improve themselves. The key to being a legal MLM is to have a product. Information is the product and unlike Amway that wants you to buy the same laundry soap or power bars month after month, GIN adds events and information every month making it increase in value!

So if you love to learn, meet people wanting to improve their lives, and make some money in the process this is for you!

If you are happy with your life the way it is and don't want to change then the Global Information Network is not for you.
Cathulhu
Order of the Quatloos, Brevet First Class

Post by Cathulhu »

Pottapaug1938 wrote:I don't want to join unless the GIN can tell me who put the bomp in the bomp-ba-bomp-ba-bomp.
I bet they can't even say who put the ram in the rama dan ding dong.

What a troll.
Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to. T. Pratchett
Always be a moving target. L.M. Bujold
wserra

Post by wserra »

Sharp Guy wrote:However the concept is brilliant!
You mean "sell memberships in an organization whose only products are recycled speakers, DVDs and books"? What an original idea.
I can now break it down into three categories of benefits.

1. Live Learning Events
IOW, conferences for which you must pay lodging, food and transportation and at which you will hear various speakers read from their stuff - stuff which is no doubt available at much less cost (or no cost at all) online. Such a deal.

As for meeting people - the people you meet are those whose business acumen has them paying membership fees and the associated conference costs to hear various speakers read from their stuff - stuff which is no doubt available at much less cost (or no cost at all) online. Such contacts.
2. Personal Development Information at the website
Personal Development Information at the library (for those who think "Personal Development Information" is of any use in the first place).
3. MLM
Selling memberships. Yes indeed, we have "been through that".
If you are happy with your life the way it is and don't want to change then the Global Information Network is not for you.
Or, of course, even if you're not happy with your life but think that the "Global Information Network" is a useless pyramid.
- David Hume
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Well,
I have been a member of my local library for years, a number of online libraries and the problem I run into is there is about a 4:1 ratio of junk to quality information.
I have a job and a family so I have limited time to read and listen. With GIN the information I have reviewed has been worth my time. So from the simple standpoint that my time is valuable any resource that can cut out the junk time spent is a good investment.
Plus talking to people who want to improve themselves makes me feel a lot better then talking to people who hate the world.
wserra, If you believe personal development information is useless then obviously this isn't for you but there are others of us that know we need to keep researching what we don't know. For me, I really enjoy discovery knowledge I didn't know before. This site has a lot of it.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Sharp Guy wrote:....This site has a lot of it.

With regard to GIN, I am sure that is the case, except what it has is a lot of BS. To date there has not been one honest thing that has come from the hands of KT, and this isn't going to be either. The only thing you are ultimately going to get from KT is poorer.

What I want to know is why is this sleaze ball still running around loose, he has lost every time he has gone to court, and probably has as many or more cease and desist orders on him than any of the rest of his crowd, and he still just keeps on going. I am still wondering why the FTC hasn't shut him down for his fraudulent, and in some cases down right dangerous health cure claims.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
wserra

Post by wserra »

Sharp Guy wrote:I have been a member of my local library for years, a number of online libraries and the problem I run into is there is about a 4:1 ratio of junk to quality information.
I wouldn't dispute that. It seems about right for most general-interest collections of books/DVDs/magazines/etc. But you haven't shown that your stuff is any better. You claim it is, but (a) you're a distributor and (b) you spent a lot of money for it, and there is a natural tendency not to admit that you've been had. The quality of Trudeau's publications - frequently outright false - isn't a good sign.

Although you can't sample their stuff because it's not available to the public, the site isn't encouraging. Tell you what, why don't you give us examples of the following:
GIN’s Founders and its members from around the world may offer to other GIN members exclusive “first in” ground floor opportunities for potential substantial capital gains from new Initial Public Offerings, Private Placements, new business ventures, real estate, gold and other precious metals, currencies, and many other international business situations that could potentially generate large wealth creation for members. (As with all investments, there is a potential for loss.)
What "exclusive 'first in' ground floor opportunities" has GIN given you?
◦Anti-aging secrets of the wealthy
Tell us some of those, why dontcha?
NATURAL non-drug and non-surgical ways to cure and prevent disease
The old Trudeau rearing his ugly head. Why don't you share some of those with us?
Being able to access and associate with experts, “world leaders”, ultra successful individuals, and like minded people from around the globe is a major benefit for GIN members.
What "world leaders" have you "accessed" and "associated with"?
GIN gives its members information on worldwide methods of making large amounts of monthly, quarterly, and yearly incomes. Members gain exclusive, private knowledge of methods from around the world that others have used to make $10,000 USD up to $1,000,000 USD per month or more
Using this super secret info, how much are you making? $1M/month? I'm sure you realize that, if you make a significant claim, you'll be asked for proof. After all, my great-aunt Tillie raises prize-winning tomatoes in her garden in the Sea of Tranquility.
GIN members are taught information about the “secrets” of the various “secret societies”. This is the first time in human history that the “secrets” from the societies are being revealed to the masses.
So what are the secrets of the secret societies? Hey, I can answer that one: they're nothing but fraternities whose members are rich folks who believe that they have the God-given right to associate with other rich folks. Keep your distance.

There. Demand your money back.
◦Access to health information available anywhere on planet earth
And you should pay for that?
Sharp Guy wrote:With GIN the information I have reviewed has been worth my time.
So says someone who sells the "opportunity".
For me, I really enjoy discovery knowledge I didn't know before. This site has a lot of it.
Me too. So share with us some of the things you learned from the "Global Information Network".
- David Hume
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

First off I want to say wserra you have earned my respect. I develop training and I am doing research on these scam sites and you are the first person when challenged with some facts have not either quit posting or gone into a personnel attack.
I don't have time to answer or really want to answer all those questions.

Here is something to think about though:
Why is there so much bad or partial right information?

This being a scam watch site you all should be all over this. The reason there is so much is because secret societies add misinformation.

This is something I learned from GIN. There is an old saying "Perception is reality." This however is a simple example of how the secret societies make a small twist of a statement and change the meaning. The secret societies saying is "Your Perception is your reality." I can picture a Rockefeller or a Rothchild sitting in a board meeting and making that first statement and all of his board members immediately adopting it. See how that slight wordin change makes a huge difference in meaning!

There is a lot going on in the world and most of it is a smoke screen so that greedy rich folks can gain more power. Not everyone is a greedy rich folk and knowing who is and who isn't is the real challenge!

I have to focus on another project but I will pop back in from time to time to see what you all think here.

Thanks for the debate, it has been fun for a change!
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

Sharp Guy wrote: ...

I have to focus on another project

Which involves Neo :roll:
wserra

Post by wserra »

Sharp Guy wrote:I don't have time to answer or really want to answer all those questions.
Oh.

You came to us. In your very first post here, you placed a referral link. I deleted it and noted that this was a non-commercial site. You edited it back in. I again deleted it, this time placing a warning in your post. Now you "don't really want" to answer questions.

I'm shocked, I tell you. Shocked.
Here is something to think about though:
Why is there so much bad or partial right information?
Because too many people are lazy and/or scammers.
This being a scam watch site you all should be all over this. The reason there is so much is because secret societies add misinformation.
"Secret societies" put all that nonsense in GIN's site? Damn, I could have sworn it was Trudeau.
I can picture a Rockefeller or a Rothchild sitting in a board meeting and making that first statement and all of his board members immediately adopting it.
People with power and money surely do what they can to preserve and increase their power and money. I don't think it happens quite like that, though.
There is a lot going on in the world and most of it is a smoke screen so that greedy rich folks can gain more power.
So you agree it's Trudeau! I knew we could find common ground somewhere.
- David Hume
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Yup Q, you are correct, I left a couple of affiliate links, took about 15 seconds to copy and paste them in. You deleted them and that was that. Notice too I came back and made some posts knowing full well I couldn't recruit. :thinking:

There are two ways of looking at not allowing affiliate links. One is you believe you are stopping people from being scammed and I respect that. That is why I came back and posted more information when I had some, even though I obviously am not making money here. The other way of looking at not allowing affiliate links is that this blocks an oppurtunity for a curious person who wants to make a choice on there own. Its your site so I complied once I realized what you were doing.

The reason I am leaving is simply because I am looking at the whole GIN site and what it has to offer. You are looking at the marketing page and speculating from that. Its pretty hard to carry on a decent debate, which is why I came back. Its kind of like your judging whats in an entire department store from just the display window.

Here is a suggest, Sign up at GIN as an affiliate, "ITS FREE!" You actually don't have to sell memberships. As an affiliate you have very limited access but you will at least get a flavor of what is on the inside. Then you can quit and not be out any money and have had some marketing training for free. Just a suggestion, but you will have to use someone elses code to join :naughty: , so you can't legitimately accuse me of only trying to make money!

I wish you well :D