Ignite / Stream Energy Sued Federal Court -- Pyramid Scheme

"Buy 1 for yourself and get the chance to sell your friends and family 5 and get your downline started!" We examine the multi-level marketing industry, where only the people who come up with the ideas make any money, and everybody else is left unhappy, broke, and tired of reading scripts and selling overpriced vitamins and similarly worthless products. Includes Global Prosperity, Pinnacle Quest International, IRS Codebusters, Stratia, and other new Global Prosperity scams.

Moderator: wserra

Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Re: Ignite / Stream Energy Sued Federal Court -- Pyramid Sch

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

wserra wrote:...
BTW, the Fifth Circuit has still not decided plaintiffs' appeal, although it was fully briefed nearly six months ago. Prof, JRB - is that typical? It's a long time by standards here.
If memory serves, for the entire system, about a fourth of all appeals take longer than twelve months. 2nd district is the slowest - everything takes six months or more. I think the 5th is better than average.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
soapboxmom
Matriarch of the Networked Soap Sales

Post by soapboxmom »

I have wonderful news. Our good friend Scott Clearman has won in appeal. Please find the doc in the following link.

http://www.realscam.com/f9/reps-suing-i ... /#post4406

Soapboxmom
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

The District Court had dismissed the suit on the basis of improper venue, due to the existence in the contract of an agreement to arbitrate (and not sue). The Fifth Circuit found the arbitration clause "illusory" and thus unenforceable, essentially due to the fact that Ignite/Stream could modify it at will without the distributors having any right to prior notice (so that they could quit rather than accept the modification). Here is the opinion. Congratulations to Clearman et al.

Discovery should be interesting.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
wserra

Post by wserra »

Ignite/Stream et al have moved both for reargument and for reargument en banc.

Good luck with those, guys.
- David Hume
wserra

Post by wserra »

The Atlanta Journal Constitution has published an article on Stream. It's a good account of how MLMs talk out of both sides of their mouths, with the top people saying one thing officially and something very different when they're recruiting.

No decision yet on their motions for reargument / reargument en banc. It is very rare for a court to grant either of these.
- David Hume
thehat

Post by thehat »

Stream / Ignite have been very good to me . easy way to make money. my 1st month I tripled my investment
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Post by Arthur Rubin »

thehat wrote:Stream / Ignite have been very good to me . easy way to make money. my 1st month I tripled my investment
It can happen, if you have a lot of friends who haven't been scammed before. It doesn't happen verify often.
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95
ashlynne39
Illuminated Legate of Illustrious Legs

Post by ashlynne39 »

I know someone who does Stream. She tried to get me to a meeting to sell . . . but I don't sell things. I'm not good at it and I don't like asking people to buy things so I would just be a really bad MLM person. She also tried to get me to sign up for their electricty service but I haven't done that either. All in all, I was a total loss for her.
wserra

Post by wserra »

ashlynne39 wrote:I would just be a really bad MLM person.
Definition of "good MLM person": someone who sends lots of money to the upline by repeatedly paying for "training" and "tools", losing thousands of dollars a year in the process, and doesn't complain.
- David Hume
ashlynne39
Illuminated Legate of Illustrious Legs

Post by ashlynne39 »

wserra wrote:
ashlynne39 wrote:I would just be a really bad MLM person.
Definition of "good MLM person": someone who sends lots of money to the upline by repeatedly paying for "training" and "tools", losing thousands of dollars a year in the process, and doesn't complain.
I was defining good MLM person as somone who signs up lots of downline recruits and sells lots of electricity but yeah, I definitely wouldn't be a "good MLM" person under your definition either. I just really, really hate asking people to buy stuff, though not quite as much as I hate being invited to the parties where they sell stuff to you.