ASEA - I see!

"Buy 1 for yourself and get the chance to sell your friends and family 5 and get your downline started!" We examine the multi-level marketing industry, where only the people who come up with the ideas make any money, and everybody else is left unhappy, broke, and tired of reading scripts and selling overpriced vitamins and similarly worthless products. Includes Global Prosperity, Pinnacle Quest International, IRS Codebusters, Stratia, and other new Global Prosperity scams.

Moderator: wserra

Doc Bunkum
Scamologist General (MLM Division)

ASEA - I see!

Post by Doc Bunkum »

Here's a new liquid "nutritional" product being peddled via MLM that's not a juice.

It's, well, if you read the label, Ingredients: Distilled Water and Sodium Chloride.

(Ingredients - rotate image to read the back of the label)

Sounds like salt water to me!

And you can get 4 32-oz bottles of ASEA for the low low price of only $120.00!

Mind you though, this isn't any ordinary salt water.

No siree Bob!
ASEA is redox signaling molecules in a bottle.
Must be something to this stuff though as the testimonials roll in.
I started taking Asea for Lupus, within 4 months – a severe limp I had was gone. I invest thousands in supplements and to not sound too over the top –it is amazing –needless to say I am a Distributor too — how can you not after taking it
To which Dr. Ahmad was quick to add his own testimonial:
I am pleased to report the the Asea has cured my right leg that was previously longer than my left leg. This may not seem like a big deal but it is hard to find pants with 29 inch inseam on right and 26 inch inseam on left. Long live this miracle salt water. It is the best and I am a winner as well.
I'm sure we'll be hearing plenty more about this wondrous product in the not too distant future.
Nikki

Re: ASEA - I see!

Post by Nikki »

No marketing plan has ever failed strictly due to predicating itself on the stupidity and gullibility of the American populace.
VinnyZ
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by VinnyZ »

Another MLM based in Utah.

Utah = MLM = SCAM!
Doc Bunkum

Post by Doc Bunkum »

I first got wind of the amazing curative powers of this product on Ty Tribble's blog - ASEA Cures “Soap In The Eyes”?

Some guy wrote in to say:
Recently I accidently got shower gel with essential oils in my eye and the pain and resulting redness was quite severe. After a few hours with no improvement I sprayed Asea directly in my eye. Naturally, since this is not “regular saltwater ” there was no stinging sensation. Within a short time there was noticeable improvement and relief from pain.

Try spraying regular saltwater in your eye and see how it feels.
Hence the title of this thread: ASEA - I see!

Tribble responded to this guy's post, BTW, by noting:
There you have it. ASEA cures soap in the eyes. If you ever get soap in your eyes, I highly recommend rinsing it out with nearly $40/bottle special salt water.
littleroundman

Post by littleroundman »

If all else fails, and you can't access your friendly neighborhood ASEA distributor in time, I guess you could take second best and purchase some medically approved sterile saline solution from any one of the squillion sources around, which retails for $3.95 per 500ml.

It may not be as good for boiling potatoes as regular saltwater, but it does a fair job of painlessly washing crap out of your eyes.
soapboxmom
Matriarch of the Networked Soap Sales

Post by soapboxmom »

Serial Scammer Matthew Adams left MaxGXL to jump to this scam. Fascinating that he took this page down and I had to capture it from the cache. Has he dumped this and jumped to yet another miracle product???
You are here: Home / Matthew Adams / Other Biz / My ASEA / ASEA Health / ASEA Product Success Stories
ASEA Product Success Stories
February 25, 2010 by Matthew Adams
Filed under ASEA Health
View Comments
The stories below are in…and of themselves…incredible.

===================================================================

“I have had an issue with my stomach for years causing me quite a bit of discomfort. After taking Asea for a couple of weeks I was so astounded and excited that the discomfort I have had for the longest time was gone. Thank you Asea!” ~ Janet, Salt Lake City, Utah

“I have been using ASEA around 2 months now. In those 2 months my energy level has literally jumped to where I never thought it would be again. I have been going through medical treatments that lower my energy and attack my immune system, but since drinking Asea I have been healthier and my drive and get up and go are at a 10. Your never realize you were at a 5 until you get back to 10, Asea has changed my life.” ~ Cindy, Camas, Washington

“Every year I have caught a virus or cold that would hit me so hard and put me in bed for days on end. After thinking about this I realized that since taking Asea I have not had any problems during the cold and flu season. I now have vacation days that I can finally use for a vacation with my family, what I should have been doing for a long time. How awesome is that.” ~ Steve, Mission Viejo, California

“I just started weight lifting again after five years, I drank the ASEA before, during and after my first workout and I have to say I was amazed that I recovered so fast. I still got sore but it was gone in a few days, normally after that much time off I should have been sore for a week.” ~ Gustavo, Miami, FL

“My friend introduced me to ASEA and I decided to put it to the test on a weekend triathlon. I have always been in top form, but that race day my body did things that it had never done before and I ended up having my best finish ever. The only thing I did different was take ASEA.” ~ Jeffery, Seattle, WA

“I train high endurance athletes. One day one of my athletes brought in ASEA with its endurance study and truthfully I told him the results were too good to be true. I noticed he was performing a lot better so I decided to put a few other athletes on ASEA and run some tests to convince him that is wasn’t ASEA. I have to say that I was a skeptic because it is impossible to achieve that kind of increase in endurance, but somehow what was impossible is actually happening and now I am a believer. I don’t know how ASEA does it, but now all of my athletes are taking the product and every one of them is quickly increasing their endurance and performance levels.” ~ Stephen, Dallas, TX

“I’ve dealt with painful, ugly cold sores on my lips for years. I’ve tried creams, pills, salves, and anything else I could find to keep them from appearing. Someone told me to try putting ASEA on my lip whenever I felt one coming on. I figured, why not, nothing else had worked. To my surprise the cold sore never developed after putting ASEA on my lips. Unbelievable! I can’t wait to tell family members who experience the same problem!” ~ Doug, Provo, UTK

I am grateful for ASEA as it allows me to spend more time on the sea, which is my passion, and less time on land recovering from this strenuous activity! ~ Carlos – 53 year-old Wind Surfer, CA

I am a competitive cyclist and often ride 50+ miles a day. On a familiar ride up Emigration Canyon my heart rate ranges between high 150 to 170. When taking 4 oz of ASEA and on that same ride, my heart rate ranges between 140’s to 160’s. My recovery is shorter and my leg muscles never feel extreme fatigue. ~ Mark, Salt Lake City, UT

I love the benefits of ASEA, since taking ASEA, I have noticed a difference in my overall health and I know my immune system has been strengthened especially during allergy season. I have a lot more energy and I have more endurance when I exercise. ~ Amy, Salt Lake City, UT

About 18 months ago I was doing some construction work and really messed up my lower back. I started using ASEA and in a just a few days the discomfort I have had for over a year and a half was gone. I had fellow workers taking notice of the way I was walking. They all want to know what has happened to me! ~ Larry, Salt Lake City, UT.

The statements made within this website have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These statements and the products of this company are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Share on Facebook

Share and Enjoy:

Tags: ASEA, oxidative stress, redox messengers
Loading comments... Problems loading Disqus?

Soapboxmom
soapboxmom
Matriarch of the Networked Soap Sales

Post by soapboxmom »

Matthew took this down too. Is he going to make a comeback to that acting career?

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1997364/
The ASEA Patent
May 22, 2010 by Matthew Adams
Filed under ASEA Business, ASEA Health
View Comments
Patent application title: Method and apparatus for producing a stabilized antimicrobial non-toxic electrolyzed saline solution exhibiting potential as a therapeutic
Inventors: Verdis Norton Gary L. Samuelson
Agents: MARCUS G THEODORE, PC
Assignees: Medical Management Research, Inc.
Origin: SALT LAKE CITY, UT US
IPC8 Class: AA61K3340FI
USPC Class: 424616

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Abstract:
An improved method and apparatus is disclosed for producing a stable, non-toxic, antimicrobial electrolyzed saline solution with a broad range of anti-infective and therapeutic applications. The resulting solution is balanced to normal and hypertonic saline and has been shown to exhibit remarkable antimicrobial, antiviral and therapeutic characteristics. The nature of this solution makes it suitable for applications in food safety, animal health, agriculture and sterilization. The solution also exhibits a marked lack of toxicity upon intravenous, aspired, oral or topical application in mammals. The therapeutic applications represent a broad platform, possibly covering a variety of potential areas of use, including topical disinfection, antimicrobial application, wound treatment, oxidative stress reduction and enhancement of immune function to better detect malfunctioning cells.

Claims:
1. A method for producing a stable, non-toxic, antimicrobial electrolyzed saline solution exhibiting anti-infective and immune-enhancing potential as a therapeutic containing regulated amounts of stable reactive oxygen species (ROS), comprising:a. preparing a saline solution having a saline concentration of at least about 0.15%,b. inserting within the saline solution an inert anode and a spaced apart corresponding inert cathode associated with a power source,c. regulating the temperature of the saline solution to maintain a solution temperature sufficient to prevent production of chlorates and regulate relative concentrations of resulting components during electrolysis,d. circulating the saline solution to maintain a flow of the saline solution between the anode and cathode, ande. applying an effective voltage potential less than about thirty volts between the cathode and the anode sufficient to produce a balanced mixture of chemically reduced and oxidized species including Hypochlorous acid (HOCl), Hypochlorites (OCl.sup.-, NaClO), dissolved Oxygen (O.sub.2), Chlorine (Cl.sub.2) between 1 to 200 ppm and Hydrogen (H.sub.2) gases, Hydrogen Peroxide (H.sub.20.sub.2), Hydrogen ions (H.sup.+), Hypochloride (ClO) and corresponding amounts of Superoxides (*O.sub.2.sup.-, HO.sub.2), Ozone (O.sub.3) from 1 to 50 ppm, Activated Hydrogen ions (H.sup.-), Chloride ions (Cl.sup.-, Hydroxides (NaOH, OH.sup.-), Singlet Oxygen (*O.sub.2) and other forms of Reactive Oxygen Species (ROS) (*OCl, *HO.sup.-), and total ROS between 0.05 to 50 ppm, utilizing electron and proton donation, ion and dissolved-gas transport; the temperature, anode and cathode spacing, saline solution circulation rate, and effective voltage combination selected to achieve desired electrolysis efficiencies and stable specie compositions containing stable ROS compounds while preventing production of chlorates.

2. A stable, non-toxic, antimicrobial electrolyzed saline solution exhibiting anti-infective and immune-enhancing potential as a therapeutic containing regulated amounts of stable reactive oxygen species (ROS), comprising a balanced mixture of chemically reduced and oxidized species including Hypochlorous acid (HOCl), Hypochlorites (OCl.sup.-, NaClO), dissolved Oxygen (O.sub.2), Chlorine (Cl.sub.2) between 1 to 200 ppm and Hydrogen (H.sub.2) gases, Hydrogen Peroxide (H.sub.20.sub.2), Hydrogen ions (H.sup.+), Hypochloride (ClO) and corresponding amounts of Superoxides (*O.sub.2.sup.-, HO.sub.2), Ozone (O.sub.3) from 1 to 50 ppm, Activated Hydrogen ions (H.sup.-), Chloride ions (Cl.sup.-), Hydroxides (NaOH, OH.sup.-), Singlet Oxygen (*O.sub.2) and other forms of Reactive Oxygen Species (ROS) (*OCl, *HO.sup.-), and total stable ROS compounds between 0.05 to 50 ppm.

3. A method for using a stable, non-toxic, antimicrobial electrolyzed saline solution exhibiting anti-infective and immune-enhancing potential for use as an in vivo treatment for a human or warm-blooded animal, comprising:a. preparing a saline solution having a saline concentration of at least about 0.15%,b. inserting within the saline solution an inert anode and a spaced apart corresponding inert cathode associated with a power source,c. regulating the temperature of the saline solution to maintain a solution temperature sufficient to prevent production of chlorates and regulate relative concentrations of resulting components during electrolysis,d. circulating the saline solution to maintain a flow of the saline solution between the anode and cathode, ande. applying an effective voltage potential less than about thirty volts between the cathode and the anode sufficient to produce a balanced mixture of chemically reduced and oxidized species including Hypochlorous acid (HOCl), Hypochlorites (OCl.sup.-, NaClO), dissolved Oxygen (O.sub.2), Chlorine (Cl.sub.2) between 1 to 200 ppm and Hydrogen (H.sub.2) gases, Hydrogen Peroxide (H.sub.20.sub.2), Hydrogen ions (H.sup.+), Hypochloride (ClO) and corresponding amounts of Superoxides (*O.sub.2.sup.-, HO.sub.2), Ozone (O.sub.3) from 1 to 50 ppm, Activated Hydrogen ions (H.sup.-), Chloride ions (Cl.sup.-), Hydroxides (NaOH, OH.sup.-), Singlet Oxygen (*O.sub.2) and other forms of Reactive Oxygen Species (ROS) (*OCl, *HO.sup.-), and total ROS between 0.05 to 50 ppm, utilizing electron and proton donation, ion and dissolved-gas transport; the temperature, anode and cathode spacing, saline solution circulation rate, and effective voltage combination selected to achieve desired electrolysis efficiencies and stable specie compositions containing stable ROS compounds while preventing production of chlorates, andf. administering the electrolyzed saline solution balanced mixture to a human or warm-blooded animal for therapeutic use to attack infective microbes and enhance the ability of the immune system to recognize and destroy damaged or malfunctioning cells.

4. A method for using a stable, non-toxic, antimicrobial electrolyzed saline solution exhibiting anti-infective and immune-enhancing potential for use as an in vivo treatment for a human or warm blooded-animal according to claim 3, wherein the electrolyzed saline solution balanced mixture is administered by injection, oral or anal ingestion, applied topically, used as a bath, applied in a wound dressing, or inhaled in atomized form.

5. A method for using a stable, non-toxic, antimicrobial electrolyzed saline solution exhibiting anti-infective and immune-enhancing potential for use as an in vivo treatment for a human or warm-blooded animal according to claim 3, wherein the saline solution balanced mixture is placed in container means fabricated from a biologically compatible material.

6. A method for using a stable, non-toxic, antimicrobial electrolyzed saline solution exhibiting anti-infective and immune-enhancing potential for use as an in vivo treatment for a human or warm blooded-animal according to claim 3, wherein the anode is made of a base metal selected from the group consisting of platinum, niobium, titanium or any metal compatible with platinum bonding and is coated with an outer layer of platinum bonded to the base metal.

7. A method for using a stable, non-toxic, antimicrobial electrolyzed saline solution exhibiting anti-infective and immune-enhancing potential for use as an in vivo treatment for a human or warm-blooded animal according to claim 6, wherein the anode has a cylindrical, or flat (planar) shaped structure.

8. A method for using a stable, non-toxic, antimicrobial electrolyzed saline solution exhibiting anti-infective and immune-enhancing potential for use as an in vivo treatment for a human or warm-blooded animal according to claim 3, wherein the cathode is positioned coaxially or in parallel in relation to the anode.

9. A method for using a stable, non-toxic, antimicrobial electrolyzed saline solution exhibiting anti-infective and immune-enhancing potential for use as an in vivo treatment for a human or warm-blooded animal according to claim 3, wherein the cathode is made of a base metal selected from the group consisting of platinum, niobium, titanium or any metal compatible with platinum bonding and is plated with an outer layer of platinum bonded to the base metal.

10. A method for using a stable, non-toxic, antimicrobial electrolyzed saline solution exhibiting anti-infective and immune-enhancing potential for use as an in vivo treatment for a human or warm-blooded animal according to claim 7, wherein the cathode has a cylindrical, or flat (planar) shaped structure.

11. A method for using a stable, non-toxic, antimicrobial electrolyzed saline solution exhibiting anti-infective and immune-enhancing potential for use as an in vivo treatment for a human or warm-blooded animal according to claim 3, wherein the spacing between the cathode and the anode is less than about one inch.

12. An apparatus for producing a stable, non-toxic, antimicrobial electrolyzed saline solution exhibiting anti-infective and immune-enhancing potential as a therapeutic containing regulated amounts of stable reactive oxygen species (ROS), comprising:a. a container filled with a saline solution having a saline concentration of at least about 0.15%,b. an inert anode and a spaced apart corresponding inert cathode placed within the saline solution,c. a temperature regulator for regulating the temperature of the saline solution to maintain a solution temperature sufficient to prevent production of chlorates and regulate relative concentrations of resulting components during electrolysis,d. circulation means associated with the container for circulating the saline solution to maintain a flow of the saline solution between the anode and cathode,e. a power source associated with the anode and cathode to apply an effective voltage potential less than about thirty volts between the cathode and the anode sufficient to produce a balanced mixture of chemically reduced and oxidized species including Hypochlorous acid (HOCl), Hypochlorites (OCl.sup.-, NaClO), dissolved Oxygen (O.sub.2), Chlorine (Cl.sub.2) between 1 to 200 ppm and Hydrogen (H.sub.2) gases, Hydrogen Peroxide (H.sub.20.sub.2), Hydrogen ions (H.sup.+), Hypochloride (ClO) and corresponding amounts of Superoxides (*O.sub.2.sup.-, HO.sub.2), Ozone (O.sub.3) from 1 to 50 ppm, Activated Hydrogen ions (H.sup.-), Chloride ions (Cl.sup.-), Hydroxides (NaOH, OH.sup.-), Singlet Oxygen (*O.sub.2) and other forms of Reactive Oxygen Species (ROS) (*OCl, *HO.sup.-), and total ROS between 0.05 to 50 ppm, utilizing electron and proton donation, ion and dissolved-gas transport; the temperature, anode and cathode spacing, saline solution circulation rate, and effective voltage combination selected to achieve desired electrolysis efficiencies and stable specie compositions containing stable ROS compounds while preventing production of chlorates.

13. An apparatus for producing a stable, non-toxic, antimicrobial electrolyzed saline solution exhibiting anti-infective and immune-enhancing potential as a therapeutic containing regulated amounts of stable reactive oxygen species (ROS) according to claim 12, wherein the container is fabricated from a biologically compatible material.

14. An apparatus for producing a stable, non-toxic, antimicrobial electrolyzed saline solution exhibiting anti-infective and immune-enhancing potential as a therapeutic containing regulated amounts of stable reactive oxygen species (ROS) according to claim 12, wherein the anode is made of a base metal selected from the group consisting of platinum, niobium, titanium or any metal compatible with platinum bonding and is coated with an outer layer of platinum bonded to the base metal.

15. An apparatus for producing a stable, non-toxic, antimicrobial electrolyzed saline solution exhibiting anti-infective and immune-enhancing potential as a therapeutic containing regulated amounts of stable reactive oxygen species (ROS) according to claim 14, wherein the anode has a cylindrical, or flat (planar) shaped structure.

16. An apparatus for producing a stable, non-toxic, antimicrobial electrolyzed saline solution exhibiting anti-infective and immune-enhancing potential as a therapeutic containing regulated amounts of stable reactive oxygen species (ROS) according to claim 15, wherein the cathode has a cylindrical, or flat (planar) shaped structure and is positioned coaxially or in parallel in relation to the anode.

17. An apparatus for producing a stable, non-toxic, antimicrobial electrolyzed saline solution exhibiting anti-infective and immune-enhancing potential as a therapeutic containing regulated amounts of stable reactive oxygen species (ROS) according to claim 16, wherein the cathode is made of a base metal selected from the group consisting of platinum, niobium, titanium or any metal compatible with platinum bonding and is plated with an outer layer of platinum bonded to the base metal.

18. An apparatus for producing a stable, non-toxic, antimicrobial electrolyzed saline solution exhibiting anti-infective and immune-enhancing potential as a therapeutic containing regulated amounts of stable reactive oxygen species (ROS) according to claim 12, wherein the spacing between the cathode and the anode is less than one inch and is dependent upon ion transfer rates and electric fields to achieve desired electrolysis efficiencies to produce different varieties of solution components all containing stable ROS compounds.

Description:
BACKGROUND OF THE INVENTION

[0001]1. Field

[0002]This invention pertains to an electrolytic method and apparatus for producing electrolyzed saline redox-balanced solutions. More particularly, it pertains to a method and apparatus used to produce a stable, non-toxic, antimicrobial electrolyzed saline redox-balanced solution from pure saline or hypertonic saline (NaCl and H.sub.2O), both referred to hereafter as saline solution, exhibiting anti-infective and immune-enhancing potential as a therapeutic employing a balanced mixture of chemically reduced and oxidized species including Hypochlorous acid (HOCl), Hypochlorites (OCl.sup.-, NaClO), dissolved Oxygen (O.sub.2), Chlorine (Cl.sub.2) and Hydrogen (H.sub.2) gases, Hydrogen Peroxide (H.sub.20.sub.2), Hydrogen ions (H.sup.+), Hypochloride (ClO) and corresponding amounts of Superoxides (*O.sub.2.sup.-, HO.sub.2), Ozone (O.sub.3), Activated Hydrogen ions (H.sup.-), Chloride ions (Cl.sup.-), Hydroxides (NaOH, OH.sup.-), Singlet Oxygen (*O.sub.2) and other forms of Reactive Oxygen Species (ROS) (*OCl, *HO.sup.-).

[0003]2. Prior Art

[0004]Electrolysis of saline solutions has long been used to produce antimicrobial solutions that are compatible with mammalian biology. Some examples include methods to produce chlorinated water, bleach and hydrogen peroxide. Typically, the methods and apparatus used to electrolyze these solutions employ ion-selective barriers between the electrodes in order to efficiently isolate the target molecules and eliminate unwanted byproducts. A fundamentally different method and apparatus for producing a non-toxic antimicrobial electrolyzed saline solution is disclosed in eight United States patents, and two Japanese patents and a Mexican patent based on these U.S. patents, all held by the applicant, covering various other applications for intravenous injected electrolyzed saline solution (named MDI-P) the machinery that manufactures it and the method by which it is manufactured. These U.S. patents are as follows: [0005]U.S. Pat. No. 5,334,383, Morrow, dated Aug. 2, 1994 entitled [0006]“Electrically Hydrolyzed Salines as In Vivo Microbicides for Treatment of Cardiomyopathy and Multiple Sclerosis.” This patent covers a method of treating antigen related infections related to cardiomyopathy and multiple sclerosis in humans and other warm blooded animals. It does not cover the MDI-P Substance itself, but covers a particular use of the substance. This method of treatment includes the use of an electrolyzed saline solution in conjunction with one or more modulating agents such as ascorbic acid (Vitamin C), with or without concurrent colchicine, to mimic or enhance the body’s naturally occurring immune response to bacterial, viral or fungal infection. The duration of this patent is until Aug. 2, 2011, subject to patent term extension for clinical trial time. [0007]U.S. Pat. No. 5,507,932, dated Apr. 16, 1996 entitled [0008]“Apparatus for Electrolyzing Fluids.” This patent covers equipment that exposes a liquid solution to an electrical current, creating an electrolyzed solution. This equipment may be used to produce an electrolyzed saline solution, capable of killing bacterial, viral and fungal agents, for use in medical applications such as the treatment of antigen related infections in humans and other warm blooded animals. This patent covers the equipment used to produce MDI-P, not the substance itself. The duration of this patent is until Aug. 26, 2014. [0009]U.S. Pat. No. 5,560,816, Robinson, dated Oct. 1, 1996 entitled [0010]“Method for Electrolyzing Fluids.” This patent covers a method for electrolyzing fluids, by using specialized equipment to expose liquid solutions to an electrical current. Saline, for example, may be treated by this process to yield an electrolyzed saline solution, capable of killing bacterial, viral and fungal agents, for the treatment of antigen related infection in humans and other warm blooded animals. This patent covers the method by which MDI-P is produced, not the substance itself. The duration of this patent is until Aug. 26, 2014, subject to patent term extension for clinical trial time. [0011]U.S. Pat. No. 5,622,848, Morrow, dated Apr. 22, 1997 entitled [0012]“Electrically Hydrolyzed Saline Solutions As Microbicides For In Vitro Treatment Of Contaminated Fluids Containing Blood.” This patent covers a method of treating whole blood and other blood products with an electrolyzed saline solution to reduce infection with bacterial, viral and fungal agents. This patent covers a particular use of MDI-P, not substance itself. The duration of this patent is until Apr. 22, 2014, subject to patent term extension for clinical trial time. [0013]U.S. Pat. No. 5,674,537, Morrow, dated Oct. 7, 1997 entitled [0014]“An Electrolyzed Saline Solution Containing Concentrated Amounts Of Ozone And Chlorine Species.” This patent covers a specific electrolyzed saline solution containing a regulated amount of microbicidal agents including ozone and active chlorine species. This solution is intended for use in the treatment of infections in the body of humans and other warm blooded animals, or in blood or blood products. This patent covers the MDI-P substance. The duration of this patent is until Oct. 7, 2014, subject to patent term extension for clinical trial time. [0015]U.S. Pat. No. 5,731,008, Morrow, dated Mar. 24, 1998 entitled [0016]“Electrically Hydrolyzed Salines as Microbicides.” This patent covers a method of using a specific electrolyzed saline solution containing a regulated amount of microbicidal agents including ozone and active chlorine species for the treatment of microbial infections, including HIV infection. The method includes intravenous administration of the solution along with one or more modulating agents such ascorbic acid (Vitamin C), with or without concurrent colchicine. This patent covers a method for using MDI-P, not the substance itself. The duration of this patent is until May 23, 2010, subject to patent term extension for clinical trial time. [0017]U.S. Pat. No. 6,007,686, Welch et al, dated Dec. 28, 1999 entitled [0018]“System for Electrolyzing Fluids for Use as Antimicrobial Agents.” This patent covers a system for electrolyzing fluids, such as a saline solution, for use in sterilizing dental and medical instruments and other health care equipment. The patent covers the necessary equipment for generating and circulating the electrolyzed saline solution around the instruments to be sterilized, and includes specific claims for equipment designed for use with dental drill hand pieces and flexible tubing. This patent covers a process by which MDI-P may be made for a particular use, not the substance itself. The duration of this patent is until Aug. 26, 2014. [0019]U.S. Pat. No. 6,117,285, Welch et al, dated Sep. 12, 2000 entitled [0020]“System for Carrying Out Sterilization of Equipment.” This patent covers a system for cleaning and sterilizing medical and dental instruments to prevent the spread of infection from one patient to another. The covered system bathes the instrument in an electrolyzed saline solution and causes the solution to flow into and sterilize any openings in the equipment. It includes specific claims for systems designed specifically for the sterilization of dental drills and flexible tubing. This patent covers a particular use of MDI-P, not the substance itself. The duration of this patent is until Aug. 26, 2014. [0021]The two Japanese and one Mexican patents provide corresponding coverage in those countries for several of the U.S. patents. Applicant also has pending applications with the US Patent and Trademark Office for patents on MDI-P as a pharmaceutical treatment for cystic fibrosis, sepsis and asthma.

[0022]The above embodiments of these prior patents typically have produced measurably different variations of electrolyzed saline solution. Each variation, however, exhibited some antimicrobial action and many of these devices produced solutions with measurable amounts of the components (chlorine, pH, ozone, etc.) within the range of the disclosed regulated amounts. The resulting electrolyzed saline compositions, however, have not historically been satisfactorily consistent or controllable, specifically regarding the concentrations of Reactive Oxygen Species (ROS). In addition, these prior inventions could produce toxic chemicals (chlorates) in the process of electrolyzing the saline solution. Consequently, there is a need for an improved manufacturing method and apparatus, such as that described below, to consistently produce solutions suitable for therapeutic applications in humans and warm-blooded animals.

SUMMARY OF THE INVENTION

[0023]The improved method and apparatus described below provides an improved electrolyzing fluid containing regulated amounts of stable reactive oxygen species (ROS) particularly suited for stable, non-toxic antimicrobial applications and to aid the immune system in identifying and destroying malfunctioning cells. The invention comprises a method for making an electrolyzed saline solution for use as an in vivo treatment of a human or warm-blooded animal. Specifically, it comprises:

[0024]a. placing a saline solution having a saline concentration of at least about 0.15% within a container,

[0025]b. activating a fluid circulation device to maintain a flow of the saline solution between the electrode surfaces,

[0026]c. adjusting the temperature of the circulating saline at a preferred level to prevent production of chlorates and regulate the relative concentrations of resulting components

[0027]d. placing in the saline solution an anode and a cathode associated with a power source, and

[0028]e. applying an effective voltage potential less than about thirty volts between the cathode and the anode sufficient to produce a balanced mixture of chemical redox balanced species including Hypochlorous acid (HOCl), Hypochlorites (OCl.sup.-, NaClO), dissolved Oxygen (O.sub.2), Chlorine (Cl.sub.2) and Hydrogen (H.sub.2) gases, Hydrogen Peroxide (H.sub.20.sub.2), Hydrogen ions (H.sup.+), Hypochloride (ClO) and corresponding amounts of Superoxides (*O.sub.2.sup.-, HO.sub.2), Ozone (O.sub.3), Activated Hydrogen ions (H.sup.-), Chloride ions (Cl.sup.-), Hydroxides (NaOH, OH.sup.-), Singlet Oxygen (*O.sub.2) and other forms of Reactive Oxygen Species (ROS) (*OCl, *HO.sup.-) utilizing electron and proton donation, ion and dissolved-gas transport to produce a specific redox balanced set of molecules and ions. This redox-balanced set of molecules and ions in combination are a potent anti-infective and help the immune system identify and destroy malfunctioning cells.

[0029]This electrolyzed saline solution is then administered to a human or warm-blooded animal for therapeutic use. Preferably, the electrolyzed saline solution is administered by injection, oral or anal ingestion, applied topically, used as a bath, applied in a wound dressing, or inhaled in atomized form.

[0030]The container for producing the electrolyzed saline solutions is fabricated from a biologically compatible material. In addition, the anode is made of a base metal selected from the group consisting of platinum, niobium, titanium or any metal compatible with platinum bonding with an outer layer of platinum bonded to the base metal. The shape of the anode has a cylindrical, or flat (planar) shaped structure. The anode is preferably permeable to fluid flow.

[0031]Usually the cathode is positioned coaxially or in parallel in relation to the anode. This cathode is made of a base metal selected from the group consisting of platinum, niobium, titanium or any metal compatible with platinum bonding with an outer layer of platinum bonded to the base metal and has a cylindrical, or flat (planar) shaped structure similar to that of the anode and is also preferably permeable to fluid flow.

[0032]The spacing between the surfaces of the cathode and the anode is typically not greater than about one inch. This invention has means to circulate and regulate the temperature of fluids during production, has appropriate electrode design and has methods that effectively stabilize the composition of the resulting solution.

[0033]The temperature, fluid flow and effective voltage are chosen as to eliminate production of chlorates and to create the desired mixture of components. These parameters are determined by experimentation. The resulting solution is consistently stable and suitable for in vivo therapeutic applications. The stable ROS concentration, for example, has a variation of less than 5% from batch to batch and from device to device when the same set of parameters are employed by each.

[0034]The effective voltage may be applied by direct current, alternating current, or various combinations of alternating current and direct current power sources, resulting in a combined effective voltage ranging anywhere between 0 and 30 volts. The effective voltage is chosen to eliminate the production of chlorates and to create the desired mixture of components containing stable ROS. For example, a typical temperature range of the saline solution is from 30 deg. F. to 100 deg. F. In the lower temperature range, less O.sub.2 is absorbed by the fluid and the fluid has smaller electrical conductivity, therefore higher effective voltages can be utilized to maintain adequate electrical current required to provide regulated amounts of stable ROS without significantly increasing the probability of creating chlorates and while maintaining a pH of 7.2 to 7.5.

[0035]The effective voltage may be adjusted, as desired, to regulate the concentration of the components and the pH of the resulting solution over a large variety of temperatures and fluid flows. Wherein it is difficult to theoretically determine the concentrations of all the various resulting chemical components when given any specific set of parameters, the optimal effective voltage, fluid temperature and flow are determined by experimentation. This methodology allows for the intentional regulation of concentrations of the specific chemical components in these stable ROS enriched solutions, allowing for the optimization of solutions intended for specific purposes.

[0036]The method and apparatus thus provides a stable, ROS enriched, antimicrobial, non-toxic electrolyzed saline solutions, hereinafter referred to as Reoxcyn, with a specific redox-balanced set of molecules and ions in solution that has the ability to attack infective microbes and enhances the ability of the immune system to recognize and destroy damaged or malfunctioning cells.

[0037]Reoxcyn solutions are balanced to normal and hypertonic saline and have been shown through extensive, repeatable research by accredited laboratories to be stable, non-toxic and exhibit remarkable antimicrobial, antiviral and therapeutic characteristics. Besides the therapeutic applications, the nature of these solutions also makes them suitable for applications in food safety, animal health, agriculture and sterilization. The solutions exhibit a marked lack of toxicity upon intravenous, aspired, oral or topical application in mammals.

[0038]Reoxcyn solutions provide a broad platform for anti-infective and therapeutic applications covering several potential areas of use, including topical disinfection, antimicrobial application, wound treatment, oxidative stress reduction and enhancement of immune function. Reoxcyn solutions, being that they contain regulated amounts of stable reactive oxygen species (ROS), are particularly suited for enhancing the ability of the immune system to recognize and destroy damaged or malfunctioning cells. Such solutions can also be administered in a number of different ways appropriate for the desired therapeutic application.

[0039]Furthermore, all of the molecular components found in these solutions are involved in a growing field of scientific investigation categorized as redox messaging and regulation of genes. Such molecular components, being a balanced set of reduced species (RS) and reactive oxygen species (ROS), are the same molecules and ions that mirror those found in biological systems and are intimately involved in the ability of the immune system to recognize, detect, eliminate and heal infected, damaged or mutated tissues in mammals.

[0040]The measurement of concentrations of ROS inside the solutions has been done by means of a fluorospectrometer, Nanodrop 3300, and three varieties of fluorescent dyes, R-Phycoerytherin (R-PE), Hydroxyphenyl fluorescein (HPF) and Aminophenyl fluorescein (APF), that are commonly used to determine relative ROS concentrations inside active biological systems and cells. The molecules in these dyes change shape, and therefore fluoresce only when exposed to molecular components in ROS. The resulting change in fluorescence can then be detected by the fluorospectrometer and can be related to the concentration of ROS present. ROS concentrations in Reoxcyn are verified and detected by either APF or R-PE fluorescent dyes, both of which produce entirely consistent measurements of relative concentrations of ROS in various concentrations and dilutions of Reoxcyn. Dr. James Clagett has linked the ROS measurements in Reoxcyn, using R-PE fluorescent dye, to the reaction of this dye to regulated concentrations of 2/2′-Axobis(2-methylpropionamide)dihidrochloride, a molecule that produces known amounts of ROS. This is not an absolute measurement, but it relates ROS in Reoxcyn it to amounts of a known producer of ROS.

[0041]These fluorescent dyes are often used in combination with a fluorescence microscope to create high-resolution images of the build-up of ROS (oxidative stress) inside individual living cells. These dyes have been shown to specifically be sensitive to concentrations of ROS regardless of complex surrounding chemical environments.

[0042]Although APF and R-PE dyes are capable of measuring relative ROS concentrations in Reoxcyn, no known absolute standard concentration for stabilized ROS in pure saline solutions exists. Furthermore, discrepancies in the decay time of these fluorescent dyes make measuring standardized amounts of ROS in other solutions incompatible with measuring those found in Reoxcyn. This may be due, in part, to the molecular complexes in Reoxcyn that keep the ROS concentration stable, effectively shielding the free radicals from readily reacting with the dyes. The standard for ROS concentration in Reoxcyn is therefore measured relative to the ROS concentration in a standardized solution that has been used in all of the antimicrobial and toxicity studies to date, both published and unpublished. Methods to measure absolute ROS concentrations in Reoxcyn are actively being pursued.

[0043]The regulated amounts of ROS, thus measured, inside a variety of the Reoxcyn solutions produced by various embodiments of this invention have been shown to be stable, consistent and predictable, sufficient for therapeutic applications.

DESCRIPTION OF THE DRAWINGS

[0044]FIG. 1 is a side view of one preferred embodiment of the invention.

[0045]FIG. 2 is a top view of the preferred embodiment of the invention shown in FIG. 1.

DESCRIPTION OF THE ILLUSTRATED EMBODIMENTS

[0046]FIG. 1 is a side view of an embodiment of the invention. It has a container 101, which holds a saline solution having a saline concentration of at least about 0.15% to 1.0% by weight. The container may be fitted with a lid 100. The container 101 has a cylindrical anode 101a and a surrounding concentric cylindrical cathode 101b positioned on its bottom 105. The anode 101a and cathode 101b are operably associated with a power supply 107. The power supply 107 provides a source of electrical current with an effective voltage of under 30 volts via wires 106 affixed to the anode 101a and a cathode 101b.

[0047]The anode 101a is a mesh cylindrical ring comprised of titanium with an outer layer of platinum bonded to the titanium base. The cathode 101b is a cylindrical mesh ring comprised of titanium with an outer layer of platinum bonded to the titanium base that is positioned coaxially about the anode 101a. The spacing between the cathode 101b and the anode 101a, at the preferred flow rate below, is typically not greater than about one inch. Moreover, the effective voltage potential between the cathode 101b and the anode 101a is not greater than a preferred amount, typically under 30 volts.

[0048]A temperature regulation device, such as a combination heating/cooling device, is positioned along the sides 104 inside the container 101 to exchange heat with the saline solution in order to maintain the saline solution at a desired temperature between 30 deg. F. to 100 deg. F.

[0049]A circulation tube 102 is mounted on the exterior of the container 101 with openings connecting and in communication with the top and bottom interior of the container 101. The circulation tube 102 is associated with a fluid pump 103 to provide for fluid circulation and flow inside the container 101. This allows saline solution in the container 101 to flow through the anode 101a and cathode 101b assembly at a preferred flow rate, typically between 0.1 to 50 cc/cm.sup.2/sec.

[0050]FIG. 1 also shows a second circulation tube 102 and fluid pump 103 similarly structured and mounted on the exterior of the opposite side of the container 101 that performs a similar fluid circulation function. This two tube 102 circulation structure and flow pattern insures complete mixing and electrolysis of the saline solution to produce ROS concentrations calculated to be between 0.05 and 50 ppm.

[0051]FIG. 2 is a top view of the preferred embodiment of the invention shown in FIG. 1.

[0052]Although this reference has made reference to the illustrated embodiments, it is not intended to limit the scope of the claims. The claims themselves recite those features deemed essential to the invention.

Share on Facebook

I would love to hear your feedback and comments.
Let’s exchange ideas below. Just leave your thoughts/questions.

P.S. I appreciate you!

It's Time To Be A Revolucionary!
Matthew & Michelle Adams
Matthew'sCell: 912-503-5961
Michelle'sCell: 912-503-6243
www.becomearevolucionary.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kairos Advantage, LLC The Time is NOW...don't miss it!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Share and Enjoy:

Tags: antimicrobial electrolyzed saline, ASEA, ASEA Patent, cellular protection, Gary L. Samuelson, Matthew Adams, Verdis Norton

Read more: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... z10k6DKlBD
Soapboxmom
Doc Bunkum

Post by Doc Bunkum »

What I find interesting in the Frequently Asked Questions section about the product is this head scratcher.
9. Have any clinical trials been conducted on ASEA™?

ASEA™ is a nutritional supplement. Besides extensive safety and antimicrobial testing, no other studies have or must be performed.
No other studies have or must be performed?

Why would that be?

Something about ASEA they don't want people finding out about?

That's it's just salt water?

Funny, at the bottom of the page, they go on to say...
In independent studies, it was shown that ASEA when in contact with living cells increased the efficiency of some of our body’s most important native antioxidants (Glutathione and SOD) more than 500% and also increased their rate of production.
Of course, they fail to reference those "independent studies".
Doc Bunkum

Post by Doc Bunkum »

soapboxmom wrote:Matthew took this down too. Is he going to make a comeback to that acting career?

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1997364/

Soapboxmom
Actually, if anyone wants to read the patent as it resides in the Patent Office, go to this link:

http://appft.uspto.gov/netahtml/PTO/srchnum.html

Type in: 20090110749
Doc Bunkum

Post by Doc Bunkum »

soapboxmom wrote:Serial Scammer Matthew Adams left MaxGXL to jump to this scam. Fascinating that he took this page down and I had to capture it from the cache. Has he dumped this and jumped to yet another miracle product???

Soapboxmom
Apparently, yes.

Odd, seeing as to some amazing testimonials he had posted on his site regarding ASEA.Like this one (from the cache) about curing cancer:
Today I am typing this with tears in my eyes. I just got a call from one of my preferred customers…his wife has cancer and it has been pretty rough. No energy, bad hair, breaking nails…you know the drill. Her energy was always bottoming out.

My friend was not in the same room as his wife and he was startled by the sound of the vacuum cleaner.

Now he had noticed an increase in her day to day energy…but to see her vacuuming the room blew his mind. He asked her what she was doing…and she just looked at him and smiled.

Vacuuming the room was NOT on her list of “want to do’s”.

She even showed him her nails…they were not breaking!

The great news is…He is now an Associate with ASEA…because her doctors want to know more about what she doing. He is VERY excited.

Hmmmm…Ty Tribbles rant of “this is just salt water” issue is about moot. Ya think?

More testimonials coming up!

No, I don't think we'll be entertained with any more testimonials of that caliber from Matty - at least not regarding ASEA.

He's jumped ship and is flogging Revolucion World Wide this week.
Matthew Adams says:
August 2, 2010 at 10:14 pm

That was AWESOME!

I have been waiting 25+ years for this company. And just as long for the incredible team that we have.

Michelle and I spent a little time with Derek on the phone…and it was the most important phone call I have ever spent with anyone (Other than my beautiful wife of course).

Revolucion is the perfect name for this company. Because this industry needs a SERIOUS revolucion in the way it does business. We are all going to be Revolucionaries!

Are you going to wait till the big guys join this…or are you going to meet this head on…and become a leader…heck…become a Revolucionary!

Join me. It…is…time….for a Revolucion!

Matthew Adams
************* (EST)
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

I won't copy it cause it's that long, but the above patent application proves something to me I had heard, namely that Patent Attorneys get paid by the word. Surely that is the longest way on record to say "It's salt water" with the possible addition of "and we have the gall to stand here and say we invented it"
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Actually, it isn't SALT WATER, it is either an isotonic or hypotonic saline solution which the last I was aware of shouldn't be patentable since it has only been around since forever. You can buy any number of saline solutions over the counter and they are primarily used in eye conditions and for contacts, and don't come at the $100 per rate.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

Grit your teeth, grab a beverage, and read the patent statement.

The product isn't being patented. It's the method of making it.

In anycase, if anyone actually cared, the patent is so (1) overreaching, (2) predicated on prior art, and (3) not distinguished as actually innovative that it would collapse at the first challenge.

However, there won't be any challenge unless the ASeaMen decide someone else is infringing and attempt to prosecute -- which will lose before it gets out of the gate.
littleroundman

Post by littleroundman »

Just as an aside for anyone contemplating using the aforementioned cra.......err.......product.

"Normal" over the counter saline solution contains a clinically tested 9% saline solution in medically purified water.

The patent application makes the claim that their process uses a 15% saline solution to begin the process, and gives no indication as to the saline content of the end product.

Anyone even remotely considering using ASEA anywhere near their eyes would be well advised to consult a doctor before doing so.

In addition, any saline solution runs the risk of contamination once opened.

Ethical saline solution manufacturers recommend that any unused portion of the product is discarded 30 days after opening ESPECIALLY if intended for use in, on or around the eyes.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Doc Bunkum wrote:Of course, they fail to reference those "independent studies".
Now, Doc, it's probably a simple oversight. After all, I found a picture of their lab hard at work with no trouble:

And nobody has yet told us how much this stuff costs. As is the MLM custom, their site doesn't, but someone has put it up on Amazon. Four 32-oz bottles, $120. That's $1/oz. In quantity. For salt water.

Next great MLM product: AAIR. Bottled room air, $10/oz. Hey, air's a lot less dense than water, right? Gotta pay the upline.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

This is distilled water, with a tiny smidge of salt -- very much less than in seawater, in fact so slight as to probably be less than can be found in fresh Miami rainwater. {If you look closely at the label ingredients enlarged on their website, this water contains "choride" - presumably not chloride but I cannot find any evidence of a chemical called choride.} It is possible that some of these people feel better because, for the first time in a long time, they are drinking distilled water instead of softdrinks or whatever. However, I cannot account for mere water - with or without chemicals - actually stretching someone's leg; I suspect someone is pulling mine.
Last edited by fortinbras on Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Doc Bunkum

Post by Doc Bunkum »

wserra wrote:And nobody has yet told us how much this stuff costs.
Actually, I did mention the cost in my initial post.
wserra wrote:As is the MLM custom, their site doesn't...
To be fair, ASEA, to their ever lasting credit, do list the price on their website under Buy.

Yep, $1/oz. factoring in s&h, about the price of a good bottle of Scotch.

Of course, when you have a product as good as this that we've discovered so far cures Lupus, cancer, grows your left leg 3" and cleans soap out of your eyes, who can complain about cost?
wserra

Post by wserra »

Doc Bunkum wrote:Actually, I did mention the cost in my initial post.
Oops. Sorry, Doc.
To be fair, ASEA, to their ever lasting credit, do list the price on their website under Buy.
When I was writing my post, I clicked on the "Buy" link, and got a screen telling me to enter the ID of the distributor who referred me, or click elsewhere to be referred to one. I see that your link is to the site of a particular distributor, and would guess that's the difference.

Can't miss an opportunity to recruit some else. Gotta remember the whole point of an MLM.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Doc Bunkum

Post by Doc Bunkum »

Nikki wrote:The product isn't being patented. It's the method of making it.

In anycase, if anyone actually cared, the patent is so (1) overreaching, (2) predicated on prior art, and (3) not distinguished as actually innovative that it would collapse at the first challenge.
Somebody over on Tibble's blog (William Croft) did a little checking.
As the application indicates, the previous incarnations of this electrolyzed saline solution were called MDI-P, produced by Medical Discoveries, Inc. Here is a press release from 1996:

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/MEDICAL+D ... a018340939

However, by 2007 MDI had decided that the FDA clinical trial hurdle (requiring millions) was not feasible.

biz.yahoo.com/e/090819/gceh.ob10-q.html

So the company changed names and directions to become Global Clean Energy Holdings, Inc.

—-

So it appears the current company, ASEA has done at least two things: (1) refined or perfected the production process to create more consistent batches of the solution. The patent application states this. (2) Very creatively decided to position the solution as a ‘saline’ dietary supplement and not a “new drug”, sidestepping the FDA approval process. And correct me if I’m wrong, but I think their patent application as it stands would require clinical trials before the USPTO would approve.

So they may just decide this ‘limbo’ state of their application is sufficient to give them some protection (discouraging competitors). While maintaining their “saline dietary supplement” status as long as possible.

However, my guess is that with current popularity of the “Open-Source” movement in technology, that we may soon see “do it yourself” recipes for making your own solution appearing on the web. Since the electrolysis process involved is rather simple.
Doc Bunkum

Post by Doc Bunkum »

So someone comes on Yahoo! with real serious health concerns about a family member. They're looking for answers and ask:
My Mom has small cell lung cancer both lungs and throat lymph nodes how long does she have?

Is it even worth her going through the chemo and radiation she is doing well with the chemo but doesn't want the radiation. don't know what to do I am letting her make the choices but would just like some answers from people who have been through it... Thanks
Really sad. You can read the desperation in her voice.

So what does some scumbag ASEA rep post in reply?
Try ASEA, Look up http://www.teamasea.com/holisticservices. The product is astounding! Money back guarantee also from ASEA. Impressive results in just 3 days with someone with lung cancer. Can't say if she will recover but the results are impressive. Testimonies in one particular case of pancreatic Stage 4 cancer dropping to Stage 2 in a very short period of time.If you know anything about pancreatic cancer -no one comes back from it. Mind you ASEA the company cannot & won't promote it because of FDA Regulations. My personal goal is tell the whole world of this wonderful product.BELIEVE or NOT!! (All about Redox molecules -everyone needs them-find out how they go array! & Find out how to supply your body with them)
Source(s):
Un-friggin-believable. :evil: