World Ventures

"Buy 1 for yourself and get the chance to sell your friends and family 5 and get your downline started!" We examine the multi-level marketing industry, where only the people who come up with the ideas make any money, and everybody else is left unhappy, broke, and tired of reading scripts and selling overpriced vitamins and similarly worthless products. Includes Global Prosperity, Pinnacle Quest International, IRS Codebusters, Stratia, and other new Global Prosperity scams.

Moderator: wserra

Thule
Tragedian of Sovereign Mythology

World Ventures

Post by Thule »

Another scamelem popped up this week, additional information would be appreciated.

Seems the founders (Mike Azcue and Wayne Nugent) were nominated for Ernst&Young's Entreprenour of the year in North-TX/AR/OK-area. Not sure what the criteria are, but the followers are sporting this like a medal.

Their idea is to sell hotel rooms at discount. Based upon statements from members, they can offer a price some 30 % below what other services can offer. The hotels are real enough, and there might be a real discount involved.

Even so, you have to travel a lot to make this a good deal. They charge a $300 sign-up fee, plus $60 a month. I ran the numbers, and I have to spend one weekend a month at a high-end hotel to make this a good deal.

And then the usual stuff comes up. If I can recruit 4 other people, their monthly charges will cover mine, and I can enjoy discount traveling without additional charges. So basicly, I can sign up for a bad deal, but if I can trick my friends into signing up for the same deal, I will get a good deal. Seems familiar.

Anyone else run into these guys?
Survivor of the Dark Agenda Whistleblower Award, August 2012.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Re: World Ventures

Post by wserra »

Another cookie-cutter travel MLM. They've been around for a while, and I think you have them pegged quite accurately. It's not the first travel MLM for Nugent and Azcue - before this one they were involved in one called GT Trends, or GTT. Why'd they leave? They were shocked, shocked to find that GTT was a ripoff.

Me too.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Funkalicious
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate
Location: Oh, that would just fit perfectly into your little plan, wouldn't it?

Post by Funkalicious »

World Ventures is popping up again, this time due to vague threats against a blogger who found their business plan wanting: http://www.popehat.com/2014/07/09/popeh ... dventures/. The blogger ran the numbers and found that only 28% of members made any money whatsoever: http://twenty-somethingtravel.com/2013/ ... the-world/
I was faced with a choice at a difficult age
Would I write a book, or should I take to the stage?
But in the back of my head I heard distant feet
Che Guevara and Debussy to a disco beat
EagleOne
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Post by EagleOne »

I had a nice Email exchange with Stephanie (the blogger) and she isn't backing down and won't remove her blog post. Getting ready to do a couple of articles and link them to her site hopefully to help drive up her ranking in the search engines. Maybe she will be #1 if enough link to her blog and keep commenting in the forums.

One gutsy lady and I applaud her and her husband for standing firm.
Lynndel "Lynn" Edgington
Founder/President Eagle Research Associates http://eagleresearchassociates.org
Author: Robbing You With A Keyboard Instead Of A Gun - Cyber Crime How They Do It Available in soft cover and eBook on Amazon.com