Melaleuca Sued For $5.1 Million

"Buy 1 for yourself and get the chance to sell your friends and family 5 and get your downline started!" We examine the multi-level marketing industry, where only the people who come up with the ideas make any money, and everybody else is left unhappy, broke, and tired of reading scripts and selling overpriced vitamins and similarly worthless products. Includes Global Prosperity, Pinnacle Quest International, IRS Codebusters, Stratia, and other new Global Prosperity scams.

Moderator: wserra

Doc Bunkum
Scamologist General (MLM Division)

Melaleuca Sued For $5.1 Million

Post by Doc Bunkum »

This is certainly an interesting story to read!

Melaleuca Sued for $5.1 million, Ken Dunn had a controversial role, Melaleuca made a management mistake by terminating top earner Terry Dorfman?
IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT IN AND FOR THE DISTRICT OF UTAH, NORTHERN DIVISION, T. DORFMAN, INC., a Canadian corporation, and TERRY DORFMAN, an individual, Plaintiff, versus MELALEUCA, INC., an Idaho corporation, and FRANK L. VANDERSLOOT, individually and in his official management capacity, Defendants. COMPLAINT AND JURY DEMAND Civil No. 2:10-cv-01213-DB Judge Dee Benson
Point by point detail of the complaint on this link, with the salient points highlighted:

Terry Dorfman versus Melaleuca Lawsuit, Max International and Ken Dunn

Some interesting follow up comments on that link above. ie:
RM: December 16, 2010 at 6:30 pm

This is disgusting. All these MLM companies and their lawsuits against distributors MUST stop. Monavie is another one… these companies have a lot of money – and they use the legal system to BULLY people who don’t fall in line… I understand if someone violates policy and procedure that it can be grounds for termination… but companies should have clear proof.. and worse case scenario terminate distributorship. I hear Melaleuca and Monavie are suing quite a number of former distributors. This is malicious, it’s bullying and it’s wrong! I would avoid these companies and tell everyone you know to avoid them.
SS: December 16, 2010 at 7:30 pm

This is so disheartening when business owners (mlm or otherwise) do such devious work. It happens everywhere in the world. It is so sad,that are they not thinking how their business name and personal names are affected from this also by doing this to Terry Dorfman? Thank goodness Terry had the insight to track everything, even though the contract specifically states she can do other business in networking arena. Well,this company can kiss their distributors goodbye after all this mess hit the internet waves. They will be panicking in thought, “Will I be next? Why grow my business only to loose it one way or another with these business guys at the gate?” ... Good luck Terry, this at least seems to be pretty cut and dry, going to court. Looks like Terry will win this one, hands down.