MPB Today

"Buy 1 for yourself and get the chance to sell your friends and family 5 and get your downline started!" We examine the multi-level marketing industry, where only the people who come up with the ideas make any money, and everybody else is left unhappy, broke, and tired of reading scripts and selling overpriced vitamins and similarly worthless products. Includes Global Prosperity, Pinnacle Quest International, IRS Codebusters, Stratia, and other new Global Prosperity scams.

Moderator: wserra

wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

MPB Today

Post by wserra »

JamesVincent wrote:Honestly, for someone looking to get started with no experience, can afford $200 upfront and wants to work it part time, I would say MBP Today.
I think you mean "MPB Today", and I don't think I agree.

According to their site, their owner is somebody named Gary Calhoun. As with all of these guys, he hops from company to company, always staying on top of the pyramid.

A few years back, it was something called "Trim International", yet another wellness MLM. These guys claimed that their stuff was effective on "Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, cancer and other infectious diseases". Alzheimer's, Parkinson's and cancer are infectious diseases? Who knew? They also claimed they could treat amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, better known as Lou Gehrig's disease. The FDA frowned on this. They appear to be out of business. I'm shocked.

Next there was "United Pro Media", another purveyor is extremely expensive juice and vitamins. They are the proud owner of a BBB rating of "F".

As for MPB: here is their explanation of "How it works". It actually, of course, explains nothing whatsoever. They ask, "Would you spend $200 one time out-of-pocket to TOTALLY ELIMINATE your grocery bill?" and then give you no idea of how you will do that - or even what they are talking about. $200 and your family eats free the rest of your life? Sorry, I don't believe that, and they don't explain it.

The subject of this thread, income disclosures? Not that I see.

They are selling a grocery delivery service. Why should anyone buy from them instead of an established supermarket that does the same? How do their products compare? How do their prices compare? I dunno.

Comp plan: binary matrix. Wanna see the opinion of law enforcement about a "2x2 matrix"? Read the affidavit of Secret Service SA Matthew Flick in support of the Regenesis search warrant from last summer. Here, let me help:
When I described the details of the Regenesis2x2 . . . the [FTC] Economist indicated that the Regenesis2x2 bore all of the characteristics of a Ponzi operation. The Economist performed two mathematical analyses on Regenesis2x2's business model and in both instances he found after a brief period of perceived success that 75 percent or more of those contributing to the scheme would not receive any return on investment. The overwhelming majority of participants will lose money.
Sorry, James, I don't mean to be unfriendly (inside joke), but I see nothing here. Almost no information, run by a guy with a history of selling snake oil who does the typical MLM two-step. The nature of the product is such - groceries - that the point has to be recruiting. The ordinary ripoff.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Re: MLM Income Disclosures

Post by JamesVincent »

Sorry wserra, I actually looked at the website and you were correct. There really isnt much there. Almost everything I know about it comes from the people I know working in it and they seem to be doing well. And, yes, I continually mis-spell that one for some reason. I wouldnt consider having an opinion based on the facts you found to be unfriendly.

P.S. Was there any other action against Regenesis? I didnt see anything else on it on a quick Google search.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
wserra

Re: MLM Income Disclosures

Post by wserra »

JamesVincent wrote:Almost everything I know about it comes from the people I know working in it and they seem to be doing well.
That's what they tell you. They are selling it. How many people are they going to recruit if they say that they haven't made a dime? Lost money? I'm not saying these folks are automatically lying, especially if they are friends of yours. But do you accept the word of the salesman about how good his product is?

The next time you are recruited by an MLMer part of whose sales pitch is how well s/he is doing, ask to see the last two years' tax returns. Better yet, ask him/her to sign IRS Form 8821, so you can get the returns straight from the IRS, eliminating the possibility of hanky-panky. End of sales pitch.
P.S. Was there any other action against Regenesis? I didnt see anything else on it on a quick Google search.
They're out of business. I'm once again shocked. What happened to the schmucks who gave them money?

As for legal action, according to the three returns on the warrants, the SS seized a bunch of stuff, including multiple computers and paper records. That was about sixteen months ago. There has been no further action that I see as of now, but the passage of sixteen months doesn't mean there won't be - especially since the company no longer exists.
- David Hume
wserra

Re: MPB Today

Post by wserra »

Bump thread to place it with parent.
- David Hume
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

wserra wrote:Better yet, ask him/her to sign IRS Form 8821, so you can get the returns straight from the IRS, eliminating the possibility of hanky-panky.
Yet, Form 8821 specifically states that you are not to use this form for the purpose of getting tax returns.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
wserra

Post by wserra »

The Observer wrote:Yet, Form 8821 specifically states that you are not to use this form for the purpose of getting tax returns.
Form 8821 wrote:Do not use this form to request a copy or transcript of your tax return.
I use it routinely to get clients' returns.
- David Hume
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

wserra wrote:
The Observer wrote:Yet, Form 8821 specifically states that you are not to use this form for the purpose of getting tax returns.
Form 8821 wrote:Do not use this form to request a copy or transcript of your tax return.
I use it routinely to get clients' returns.
Form 8821 wrote:Do not use Form 8821 to request copies of tax returns
This is what the Form says at Box 3 - the box for appointees completing to receive tax information. I am not going to dispute the fact that you are able to secure copies of tax returns for your clients, but is that without the clients having authorized a Form 2848 as well?

The point of my rude interruption of this thread is that I don't think the hoi polloi should be able to secure copies of other people's returns via Form 8821 versus an attorney who is at the summit of the tax representation totem pole, particularly one who has a professionsal and business reason for obtaining such information. Unfortunately, over the years I think the form has become something of a tabula rasa in that many tax returns have been released to all sorts of institutions by the filing of the form after being signed by the taxpayer under the wrong impression of what they were signing.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
wserra

Post by wserra »

The Observer wrote:
Form 8821 wrote:Do not use Form 8821 to request copies of tax returns
This is what the Form says at Box 3 - the box for appointees completing to receive tax information.
I see what you mean - but then, immediately under that, it lists the items that one can request, including the 1040. This is just not the form to request your own.
I am not going to dispute the fact that you are able to secure copies of tax returns for your clients, but is that without the clients having authorized a Form 2848 as well?
Yes, absolutely. I don't represent people in tax matters anymore - and never did, other than in criminal (or potentially criminal) situations - so I would not use a 2848. In addition, if one of my civil clients is self-employed and claims loss of earnings as a result of the injury, malpractice or whatever, then the defendant will demand (and be entitled) to obtain the client's returns. Checking my records, I see that I have also used a Form 4506.

So many forms, so little time.
- David Hume
EagleOne
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Post by EagleOne »

I'm just shocked that this is still in business. That it hasn't imploded on its own or the feds haven't shut it down. The USDA is investigating as they were recruiting people on food stamps to join. They were telling them to sell their food stamps to come up with the $200 signup fee, which is a felony. Toss in the bizarre YouTube videos being made to promote this turkey, and I am surprised the FTC hasn't shut them down.

Since this is a 2x2 recyler, this will implode on its own as they cannot get enough new people to keep the payments going. Since there is no outside sales, this is an illegal pyramid. Now we have them trying to make Gary sound like he is this great businessman and received recognition by the government for his business acumen, which all it was he received an award for money donated to a political party. Sounds like Uncle Andy's fake award he claimed he had received from President Bush. They can't shut this scam down fast enough as far as I am concerned.
Lynndel "Lynn" Edgington
Founder/President Eagle Research Associates http://eagleresearchassociates.org
Author: Robbing You With A Keyboard Instead Of A Gun - Cyber Crime How They Do It Available in soft cover and eBook on Amazon.com