Len Clements Lectures Tribune Reporter

"Buy 1 for yourself and get the chance to sell your friends and family 5 and get your downline started!" We examine the multi-level marketing industry, where only the people who come up with the ideas make any money, and everybody else is left unhappy, broke, and tired of reading scripts and selling overpriced vitamins and similarly worthless products. Includes Global Prosperity, Pinnacle Quest International, IRS Codebusters, Stratia, and other new Global Prosperity scams.

Moderator: wserra

Doc Bunkum
Scamologist General (MLM Division)

Len Clements Lectures Tribune Reporter

Post by Doc Bunkum »

Yes, I know several threads already exist that include tales of Len Clements and his MLM escapades, but I feel this latest offering by Lenny is worthy of a seperate thread.

The story begins with an article written by Steven Oberbeck in The Salt Lake Tribune on Feb 18 2011 - State of supplements: Elusive wealth, strong lure.

Apparently Lenny took exception to what Oberbeck had to say and fired off a rebutal.

Not your usual rebuttal, mind you, but a 5 page manifesto, replete with footnotes no less.

As Patrick Pretty noted in the wonderful article on his blog that turned us on to this SLT piece...
A five-page, de facto letter to the editor — one filled with slime reimagined as a sincere effort to be helpful and 10 footnotes? This is supposed to beneficial to the trade?

At least Clements didn’t summon his advertised IQ of 155 to call them “roaches” or to declare that Oberbeck was “broke.” He merely relied on his unctuousness. In doing so, he demonstrated once again that MLM often is its own worst enemy.

Little wonder that MLM finds itself the topic of constant criticism.
EDITORIAL: Salt Lake Tribune Publishes Series On MLM; Reader Claims Reporter A ‘Broke’ Purveyor Of ‘Negativity’; Separately, Len Clements (IQ-155) ‘Assumes’ Reporter Was ‘Duped’ By The ‘Flimflam’ Of MLM Critics

Thank you, Patrick, wonderful stuff! :D
Doc Bunkum

Re: Len Clements Lectures Tribune Reporter

Post by Doc Bunkum »

Anyone wanting a morning chuckle should read some of the comments on Patrick Petty's blog - they're a lot funnier than the comics.

You can tell Lenny is getting upset with Patrick - I see he just pulled the old "I challenge you to a debate" gambit out of his bag of MLM tricks. :lol:
Patrick, I’ll extend the same challenge to you that I’ve been making to any MLM critic – let’s debate the charges you’ve made against the MLM concept on a live conference call. You make your point, I’ll offer a rebuttal, then you can destroy it. I’m sure you’re very confident in your position, and can competently present it and defend it, yes? Here’s an opportunity to make a fool out of me before an audience of hundreds, most of which will be MLM prospects and peers. How can you possibly turn down such an opportunity?

I’ve made this offer to well over 100 MLM critics over the past 20 years. If you accept, you will be the very first.

Len
Some people just never learn. :whistle:
soapboxmom
Matriarch of the Networked Soap Sales

Post by soapboxmom »

Perhaps, Len is wanting to discuss Yoli's shocking numbers!

http://www.realscam.com/f9/yoli-distrib ... cheme-570/

Soapboxmom
Doc Bunkum

Post by Doc Bunkum »

What's interesting is that this self professed "51 year old childless bachelor" has finally got himself a real job - of sorts.

YourSolutions.net has given him a corner office and made him Exec. VP.

Now this is interesting. On one hand Clements portrays himself as the bastion of the MLM industry - the knight in shining armor trying to clean up the tarnished image of MLM.

On the other hand, as noted on realscam, YourSolutions.net's list of clients reads like the Who's Who of America's Most Wanted.

Mother Soy by way of example:
Warning Letter Issued to Mother Soy __________________________________ On October 24, 2006, FDA’s Detroit District Office issued a Warning Letter to MotherSoy Inc., Evansville, Indiana, for misbranding its Essential IsoFlavones and Essential Protein shake products. FDA conducted an inspection at MotherSoy on June 26 – 29, 2006. The inspection disclosed that the firm was offering dietary supplements online with health claims that claimed to cure, mitigate, treat or prevent cancer, heart disease, chronic fatigue syndrome and...
Or how about this one?
Another yoursolutions dot net client:

Diamond Prosperity, a 2 x 2 forced cycling matrix with a $1,295 buy in, a $100 set up fee and a $29/month website fee. What do you get for that fee? The "Watch the Movie" marketing system (Now showing, A Fist Full of Cash). I'm sure Len would tell us Diamond Prosperity is a legitimate direct selling company, after all YourSolutions wouldn't brag about having them for a client if they weren't. Would they?
Should be interesting to see how this plays out. Clements, the Exec. VP. of a company with a client base of some questionable MLM companies! :)
soapboxmom

Post by soapboxmom »

Lenny says:
Publisher and Editor of MarketWave Alert Letter.
Industry "watchdog" newsletter focusing on MLM opportunity evaluation.
Published from January 1991 through December 1995 as MarketWave.
Published from December 1998 to present as Marketwave Alert Letter.
3,800 subscribers in 16 countries.
Lenny is such a big industry watchdog and respected guru. Look for yourselves, folks. With 7 - 12 million MLMers in the U.S. alone he has a whopping 3800 subscribers to his newsletter. Boy, am I impressed!!!

But, I digress. Being the industry watch dog extraordinaire he has proclaimed himself to be, he must be in quite a quandry right now. Didn't our boy say he was going to expose the good, the bad and the ugly. He is going to be a busy boy over there at YourSolutions.net as my good friend Doc mentioned.

What with shady nutraceuticals, faux religious MLMs, gas pills (which even the Texas Attorney General's office shut down,) and boatloads more whatever shall our savior of the industry do?

Is our little Lenny going to save the day and start by cleaning up the industry in his own backyard???

http://www.realscam.com/f9/clements-jum ... l#post7295

http://www.realscam.com/f9/clements-jum ... l#post7296

Soapboxmom
soapboxmom

Post by soapboxmom »

You will be shocked, shocked I tell you. MLM guru extraordinaire, Len Clements / Clem Lemons, has apparently jumped and dumped yet again. After all the bragging about Yoli:
I believe Yoli can realistically grab 10% market-share and when it does Yoli will be one of the largest companies in the MLM marketplace, of all time. And I honestly think 20% is conservative. And if you know me, you know I'm not prone to exaggeration and hype (in fact, I've been battling against it for over 19 years as founder & CEO of MarketWave, Inc.).
Lenny's page says:
http://www.len.goyoli.com/
The enroller's site you are trying to visit is not active at this time.
If Lenny can't peddle this crap than what hope is there for the little guy who is not an unpaid member of Mensa? Oh the humanity! Abysmal failure for the public to see.

And check out the traffic. What a hoot!
Compete.com says:
goyoli.com

Unique Visitors
us Data Only

This site has relatively low traffic. While Compete can provide valuable insights about sites like these, currently data for this domain is only available to PRO members.
Alexa says:
goyoli.com

Goyoli.com

How popular is goyoli.com?

Alexa Traffic Ranks

How is this site ranked relative to other sites?

Global Rank

Mr. Mensa has bit it again! Hilarious! :haha:
Doc Bunkum

Post by Doc Bunkum »

wserra wrote:I try to steer clear of personalities, but I can't help it here.

A lawyer in Franklin, TN, named Kevin Thompson styles himself "The MLM Attorney". I know nothing about him, and he doesn't tell you much. What he does tell you raises questions, such as his glowing opinion of Clements. For example, according to Thompson, Clements is "one of the most sought after expert witnesses for companies in litigation". Any companies? Fortune 500 companies seek him out? Pardon my laughter.
Not the original thread that quote is from, but it serves it's purpose here.

Regarding his time in court as an "expert witness", Lenny finally took the time to enlighten us.
Previous Requests and Designations as Expert Witness:

Hugh Sinclair, et. al. vs. Equinox International; William (Bill) Gouldd et al.
Superior court of Washington. Case no. 95-2-00781-2.
Fraud; Illegal Pyramid.
Plaintiff represented by William Brandt, Kim Hoyt; Ferder, Brandt & Cooper, L.L.P.
Defendant represented by Douglas Federspiel; Velikanje, Moore & Shore, Inc.
Represented plaintiff. Parties settled before trial.Gary Benton, et. al. vs. Equinox International; William (Bill) Gouldd, et. al.
In the 101st Judicial District, Dallas County, TX. Case no. 96-06905.
Fraud; Illegal Pyramid.
Plaintiff represented by William Brant, Carla French; Ferder, Brandt & Cooper, L.L.P.
Defendant represented by J. Stephen Ravel; Bickerstaff, Heath, Smiley & Pollan, L.L.P.
Represented plaintiff. Parties settled before trial.

Catherine Powers vs. Equinox International; Advance Marketing Seminars and William Gouldd.
Maricopa County, Case no. CV 97-11774.
Fraud; Illegal Pyramid.
Plaintiff represented by Alfred Ricciardi; Robins & Green, P.A.
Defendant represented by Troy Froderman, Pamela S. Gates; Bryan Cave, L.L.P.

Russ DeVan vs. Longevity Network, Ltd.
Privately arbitrated in Henderson, NV.
Wrongful Termination.
Plaintiff represented by David Eisenstein.
Defendant represented by D.J. Poyfair.
Represented defendant. Parties settled before ruling (plaintiff was not reinstated).

Kansas City Attorney General vs. The Tax People (aka Renaissance).
Third Judicial District, Topeka, KS. Case no. 00-C-1394.
Fraud; Deceptive Trade Practices; Illegal Pyramid.
Plaintiff represented by Terry Hamblin, Consumer Protection Division.
Defendant represented by J. R. Hobbs, Marilyn B. Keller; Wytsch, Hobbs, Mirakian & Lee.
Represented plaintiff as consultant. Plaintiff prevailed.

Oberski, et al. vs. New Algae Company, dba Cell Tech Inc.
Massachusetts Superior Court. Case no. 98-294.
Breach of Contract.
Plaintiff represented by Lawrence Farber.
Defendant represented by Jeff Kinder, Fierst & Pucci, LLP.
Represented defendant. Plaintiff prevailed (was awarded $1.00).

Longevity Network. vs. American Longevity.
United States District Court. Case no. CV04-2404-SJO (REx)
Trademark revocation.
Plaintiff represented by Michael F. Maschio; Cowan, Liebowitz & Latman, P.C.
Defendant represented by Michael A. Painter; Isaacman, Kaufman & Painter.
Represented plaintiff. Testified at trial. Plaintiff prevailed.

Fugo et al. v. Starlight International
Superior Court of California, County of Monterey. Case no. M51539
Wrongful termination.
Represented plaintiff. Testified to damages at trial. Plaintiff prevailed (awarded $650,000).

XanGo vs. New Vision (2006)
District Court of Utah, Case #2:04cv00405
Patent infringement.
Defendant represented by Edwin Wainscott, Quarles & Brady.
Represented defendant. Defendant prevailed.

Rasmus Rasmussen & HBW Marketing vs. Tahitian Noni International
United States District Court, District of Utah. Case no. 2:04CV00241 PGC
Breach of contract; Wrongful termination.

Action by IRS & US Postal Inspection Service vs. Michael Cooper (The Tax People).
Agency liaison was: Henry Herron, Special Agent, Treasury Department
5800 Bannister Road, Ste. 302, Kansas City, MO, 64134, 816-966-2535
Henry.Herron@ci.irs.gov
Fraud; Tax Evasion; Illegal Pyramid.
Testified at trial as Witness for the Prosecution. Prosecution prevailed.

Martin Malmskov vs. Tahitian Noni International
United States District Court, District of Utah. Case no. 2:08-cv-00085-DS
Breach of contract; Wrongful termination.
Representing plaintiff. Parties settled before trial.

Doron Brenner v. Matt Rasmussen (distributor for ACN).
California Superior Court, Santa Cruz County. Case no. CV165593
Breach of Contract.
Participated on behalf of the plaintiff. Parties settled before trial.

AmeriPlan vs. Evelyn Walker, et al.
116th Judicial District, Dallas County, TX. Cause no. DC-09-00761
Breach of Contract; Tortious Interference.
Participated on behalf of the plaintiff. Case abated day before trail.

Matt Rasmussen v. Organo Gold, et al.
United States District Court, Northern District of California. Case no. C-12-1104-HRL
RICO Violation; Unfair Competition; Tortious Interference; Civil Conspiracy; Slander per se.
Participated on behalf of the plaintiff. Parties settled before trial.

Ron Heck & Nancy Heck v. AmeriPlan Corporation
192nd Judicial District, Dallas County, TX. Cause no. DC-11-06280-K
Breach of Contract; Fraud.
Participated on behalf of the defendant. Case abated.

United States v. Aneal V. Maharaj
United States District Court, District of Nevada. Case no. 2:05-cr-0364-JCM-LRL
Mail Fraud; Wire Fraud; Bank Fraud; Money Laundering.
Participated on behalf of the defendant. Case settled per Plea Agreement.

Christian Coffinet v. INS USA, Inc., Ola Madsen, et. al.
Superior Court for the District of Los Angeles, CA. Case no. SC-111260
Fraud; Illegal Pyramid.
Participated on behalf of the plaintiff. Plaintiff prevailed.

Nichole Aubert v. LifeWave, Inc.
State Court of Gwinnett County, State of Georgia. Case no. 4C-01520-2
Wrongful termination; Lost Income
Participating on behalf of the defendant. Case is currently active.

Robert Danuff v. Nerium International, et al.
Superior Court of the State of California, for the County of Orange. Case no. 30-2013 00680970-CU-PO-CJC
Negligence; Lost Income.
Participating on behalf of the plaintiff. Case is currently active.

Matthew Nestler v. Jeunesse Global, and Kevin Giguere
Circuit Court for the Eighteenth Judicial Circuit, for Seminole County, Florida.
Wrongful Termination; Lost Income.
Participating on behalf of the plaintiff. Case is currently active.
As to how much he actually contributed in those cases, I have no idea. But it seems an impressive list. The word must getting around about Lenny's expertise in these matters.