LifePharm

"Buy 1 for yourself and get the chance to sell your friends and family 5 and get your downline started!" We examine the multi-level marketing industry, where only the people who come up with the ideas make any money, and everybody else is left unhappy, broke, and tired of reading scripts and selling overpriced vitamins and similarly worthless products. Includes Global Prosperity, Pinnacle Quest International, IRS Codebusters, Stratia, and other new Global Prosperity scams.

Moderator: wserra

JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

LifePharm

Post by JamesVincent »

I ran into another new one today, being sold by __________, whom I follow on FB. The company is called LifePharm and the product is called Laminine®. It is:
The real answer lies in a compound that is essential in supporting embryonic development; it is called Fibroblast Growth Factor (FGF). While FGF is readily available in the human placenta, its availability to the human body diminishes over time and essentially vanishes as we age. Our body is incapable of producing its own FGF, so it must derive it from the food supply.

That is where LifePharm Global Network’s Laminine® fills a crucial, missing link
in the human chain of life.
It does:
Stress & Strain Relief

Maintain healthy cortisol levels
Regulate serotonin levels
Reduce physical and mental stress

Sleep & Skin Improvement

Promote more restful sleep
Moderate the stress response
Build collagen for healthier skin
Reduce signs of normal aging

Energy & Physical Strength

Improve stamina and energy
Enjoy faster post workout recovery
Enhance muscle tone and strength
Increase libido/sexual desire

Mental & Emotional Boost

Stimulate natural DHEA production
Aid in brain function and activity
Increase alertness
Improve focus
Support emotional balance
Enhance overall sense of well-being
Increase physical and mental strength
Shockingly, I was unable to find a ingredients list anywhere.

The company, http://lifepharm.com/ does:
LifePharm Global Network executives elected to develop a compensation plan that benefited its members first, then the company second. It resulted in a new, simple, straightforward and easy-to-achieve compensation plan that is unparalleled in the world of network marketing. Yet, the LPGN plan still maintains the 3 key benefits that are unique to the network marketing model (vs. franchises or conventional business) including:
The compensation plan is very long, maybe even this long, but seems to start at an autoship every month. At $33/ product. All of the payouts are based around a: members enrolled who autoship every month and/or b: volume of product moved. You can also retail the product to others, kinda like Amway. The cost of the product to you is $33. The suggested retail is $43. Now, looking at the application I get confused. According to it, yes there is an autoship. However, there seems to be a startup product buy, with the cost running up to $1199. Not sure what exactly the deal is there, and don't feel like talking to someone to find out.

And don't forget:
This commission plan was designed entirely by you, our Independent
Business Owners, to help you rapidly build a team and with generous
weekly payouts paid ten ways.
And, of course, the waiver:
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease
They also have a nifty little brochure which, shockingly, tells you almost nothing. It does mention the scientist that originally developed this process back in the 20s and 30s, and was lost for 50 years.

A quick search of lifepharm scam turns up multiple hits from rippoffreport.com and several other blogs. They seem to center around poor service, poor product, the initial cost I had mentioned and a poor business model.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Re: LifePharm

Post by notorial dissent »

I think we can pretty well agree from the get go that it is a scam MLM, I think that is pretty much a given.

The thing that would concern me most is that they don't tell you at all what is in it, and that would concern me more than anything.

The other thing, is that from what I can find, contrary to their claims, "Fibroblast Growth Factor " is naturally occurring in the body and is basically produced at need.

Three issues I would find most troubling.

If this dates back to the 20's or 30's, it would be even more suspect given the level of medical expertise in matters like this at the time. In other words, not a lot.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Re: LifePharm

Post by JamesVincent »

One of the things that bothers me is the confusion I talked about with the difference between the comp plan and the initial application. You can setup the autoship, yes. But it looks like something we gamers call pay to win. If you purchase the $1199 product plan you get immediately a ton of CV (commisionable volume) whereas Joe Schmoe, who gets the $99 package gets... 25. It's almost as if, despite their claims to be for the little guy, they want a bunch of big spenders to come in and dump duckets into the company. They "claim" to be a retail company in Southeast Asia, but have no retail locations in North America or Europe. Just a bunch of things that got me with it.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"