You Can Share the Burnaby49 Court Experience!

Moderator: Burnaby49

Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

You Can Share the Burnaby49 Court Experience!

Post by Burnaby49 »

Vancouver courts are reopening with courtroom cameras;

https://vancouversun.com/opinion/column ... 8d66341e4/

Appropriately the hearing chosen for this article is representative of most of my court reports, an individual living in an alternate reality who's lawsuit has no basis in law.

I'll have to check if Michael Millar's sentencing appeal will be broadcast. If so you can all audit his final hearing to see if I've grossly exaggerated his craziness and obsessions.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Re: You Can Share the Burnaby49 Court Experience!

Post by wserra »

By all means, let us know. Having lived in U.S. courts for the last 44 years (plus one more as a third-year law student), I am interested in the comparison with our fellow common-law jurisdiction to the north.

Already a couple of things in the article to which you link seem passingly strange.
[Appeals] usually feature lawyers reading legal arguments
No good appellate lawyer (or trial lawyer) reads arguments. Sure, s/he knows in advance what s/he will say, but reading it breaks the essential connection between lawyer and judge (or jury, in a trial).
an at times repetitive 90-minute presentation
She got ninety minutes? A pro se got ninety minutes? The last time I argued before the Second Circuit (the New York federal appeals court), I got seven.
The justices, however, seemed to only scratch their head.
Your judges have heads? Or was the panel just sharing one - which would be more familiar.
Judge Judy would have told Walker to quit wasting her time and get back before Skolrood.
I hate to say it, but in that respect any judge here would have resembled Judge Judy.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

She got ninety minutes? A pro se got ninety minutes? The last time I argued before the Second Circuit (the New York federal appeals court), I got seven.
No, she didn't get 90 minutes, that's just sloppy reporting. She got 120 minutes to babble on. Two hours per party is the standard on appeal unless they've reduced it during the lockdown. Crown would have also been entitled to 2 hours but I assume five minutes sufficed.
[Appeals] usually feature lawyers reading legal arguments
Again I'm assuming sloppy reporting. I've never seen a lawyer read out arguments although I have seen a few pro se defendants do it. Obviously not this one who preferred to rely on stream of consciouesness.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Oh. My.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.