The Aquatic Dominion of Canada

Moderator: Burnaby49

notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Re: The Aquatic Dominion of Canada

Post by notorial dissent »

For me it is the absolute reliance on really outdated dictionaries when the statutes almost always contain definitions of what they are applying, and the utter reliance that there is only ONE definition to a word and that it happens to be the one that favors their argument, and is usually the least common of all the definitions. Or that a legal dictionary has any legal, other than maybe courtesy, standing in a court case to begin with.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

notorial dissent wrote:For me it is the absolute reliance on really outdated dictionaries when the statutes almost always contain definitions of what they are applying, and the utter reliance that there is only ONE definition to a word and that it happens to be the one that favors their argument, and is usually the least common of all the definitions. Or that a legal dictionary has any legal, other than maybe courtesy, standing in a court case to begin with.
We run into that a lot with sov'runs though. From every type of sov'run, TP/ TD, Freeman or whatever. This words mean what I says it means because the this law says it does, and the law is about the cleaning of horse manure from the streets of Laredo in 1895 or something similarly stupid and irrelevant.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Pretty much spot on. At one of the boards I lurk at many of the excuses/explanations they rely on are based on assuming that a word has only one meaning and that being the meaning that supports their claim, even when in reality and logic it doesn't.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.