Poriskyite Harvest Continues

Moderator: Burnaby49

Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Poriskyite Harvest Continues

Post by Burnaby49 »

It just doesn't end, according to the article we're halfway through with 23 down and 23 to go. Same old, same old. At least with this one we've reverted to the norm with a fine but no jail sentence.

The guy is whining that it wasn't his fault he committed tax fraud because the Canada Revenue Agency should have told him he shouldn't do it, how could an everyday guy like him tell it was a fraudulent scheme? He has a point, claiming that you are two people in the same body and that while one (you) earns the money the other (your agent) owes the tax but the tax-paying guy just happens to be permanently unavailable seems like the kind of common-sense argument that should reasonably be expected to work.

No citation as yet because it's not yet published on the B.C. Provincial Court website. Just came out last Thursday.

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Langle ... story.html
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
Burnaby49

Re: Poriskyite Harvest Continues

Post by Burnaby49 »

This is just a housekeeping post. I'm preparing an omnibus posting giving links to all the Quatloos discussions of cases related to Russell Porisky's tax evasion scheme. I'm doing this because (largely my fault, sue me) they are scattered everywhere so anyone checking Quatloos for information on the Porisky scam faces way to many hurdles to find them all. I've been finding as I do this that many of the newspaper articles I've linked to are dead. This is a problem in discussions like this where I carelessly neglected to give any information of any use in my posting but relied on the article. To stop a possible severance of this link making this discussion worthless (always a judgement call in any case) I'm posting some relevant information from the article. BTW I just checked his name on the various databases and the decision is still not public.
A Langley man has been ordered to pay a fine of $214,323 and complete 150 hours of community service after evading taxes on $1.1 million he earned from his security and locksmith business, according to a judge.

The Canada Revenue Agency announced Monday that David John Barrett was also handed an 18-month conditional sentence at Vancouver Provincial Court last Thursday after pleading guilty in July to one count of tax evasion totalling $285,765.

The CRA said Barrett failed to report over $1.1 million in income from his company Citiloc Systems Ltd. on his personal tax returns during a six-year period ending in 2010.

The agency said it started investigating Barrett after another case linked him to Paradigm Education Group, whose Chilliwack-based founder Russ Porisky was ordered to pay almost $275,000 in May 2012 and sentenced to four-and-a-half years in prison for evading taxes and counselling others to do the same.

Porisky promoted the “natural person” theory of taxation, which holds that a person doesn’t have to pay taxes because the government labels them as an “artificial person.”

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Langle ... z3FA6jEDMy
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

This is a job for Webhick. Can she add tagging to the topics on the forum?
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

grixit wrote:This is a job for Webhick. Can she add tagging to the topics on the forum?
Not sure what you mean by that. I plan to call the new discussion something like;

Porisky Tax Evasion Scheme Discussions

And include links like this;
CRA has an "Operation Fable"?
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=9390

Colin and Anne McCartie were spouses charged with tax evasion for following Porisky's scheme although they denied being aware of Porisky. As of this writing (October 2014) their trial has not yet been scheduled.
So far I've found 17 Porisky tax evasion schemes discussed in Quatloos but many of the players or their Porisky links are buried in unspecific discussion titles like;

Dr. Warren Fischer's Prickly Fate
Christian Lachapelle
Jerry McCaw & Gerald Blerot
The infection is heading north!
Oh, Canada

Given that there are, to my knowledge, at least three more in the pipeline heading to trial, I'll have at least 20 in this one-stop shopping compilation. I'm getting there but I'm getting somewhat behind. I've done a lot of posting recently one of which, the editing of Carol Volk's demented Skype conversation with the OPPT parasites, was quite time consuming. I've also attended two Freeman trials in the past few weeks. So housekeeping work like this gets put on the back burner. However almost done. Then on to another housekeeping chore of trying to get all of the Larry Edgar Zachow information, both what is on Quatloos and what else I've uncovered, in one place. After that I have to do some research on Christopher Gelitz, an Albertan Freeman. While I haven't yet read all of a new decision that just came out about him it looks very promising;
8] Cst. Jones confirmed much of Cst. Vandadyga's evidence. He indicated that Mr. Gerlitz refused to answer any questions when he arrived at the Arrest Processing Unit ("APU"). He also refused to stand on the mark on the floor to have his photograph taken and indicated he would do so only "on the duress of violence". He had postage stamps attached to his arm and refused to remove them on the basis the stamps belonged to the universal postal service. In cross-examination, Cst. Jones testified that Mr. Gerlitz did not appear to be shaken up or scared during the arrest process. Rather, he appeared to be calm, though somewhat passive aggressive wanting to push the boundaries a little.
And Glenn Fearn is pumping out more videos. These guys are relentless.

grixit

Post by grixit »

Tagging means that when you create a topic, there'd be an extra field in which you could add keywords, such as "Porisky". Then people would be able to do a search on those keywords and if someone entered "Porisky" into the search, they would get a list of all topics that contained that in the tag list, regardless of what subforum they were in.

. . . . . . Dr Pepper
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

grixit wrote:Tagging means that when you create a topic, there'd be an extra field in which you could add keywords, such as "Porisky". Then people would be able to do a search on those keywords and if someone entered "Porisky" into the search, they would get a list of all topics that contained that in the tag list, regardless of what subforum they were in.
Now that I've done my Porisky compilation I prefer it that way to what I understand of tagging. Using tagging would, I assume, bring up all discussions with the word "Porisky" in them, including ones where the topic is essentially unrelated to his tax evasion scheme but his name is just mentioned, even if the discussion has little or no real relevance to him or his followers. I wanted a central reference linking all the discussion about Porisky tax evasion prosecutions with some brief commentary on each. There are a lot more Porisky-scheme tax evasion trials in the pipeline and I wanted to get things set up before they were heard. It was just getting too unwieldy for anyone researching the topic.

Some of the accused, like our own Fussygus, have pled guilty and avoided a trial and a jail sentence. However many are still electing to go to trial even though past decisions indicate that they have no hope of an acquittal and they are ending up in jail because of it.

I have documentation (to be posted later) showing that Edwin Siggelkow, our latest fool, was offered the chance at a plea bargain but turned it down. At trial he actually argued that the criminal charges should be quashed because, if he had done something criminal, the Crown wouldn't have been willing to deal. Result, four years.

grixit

Post by grixit »

Ok, you're the one doing the heavy lifting, so you're entitled to organize it as you see fit.

I look forward to your further observations.

. . . . . . Dr Pepper
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

grixit wrote:Ok, you're the one doing the heavy lifting, so you're entitled to organize it as you see fit.

I look forward to your further observations.
And more "heavy lifting" to do. Two Porisky scheme trials coming up here in Vancouver that I plan to attend. One is a promoter and it looks like the CRA is out for blood on that one. His first hearing (not trial) is October 16. Duration of trials depends on how much of a pain in the ass they plan to be.

Siggelkow is a poster boy example of this. The Siggelkow trial lasted 20 days but that was entirely because Siggelkow is an idiot. He required that the Crown prove every document entered in evidence rather than just agree to a joint statement of fact allowing them in without proof. That probably took 90% of the trial time with no benefit whatever to Siggelkow since they had no problem proving them, they just had to go through a very tedious process. This probably helped the jury in their apparently speedy decision since they probably got pissed off over sitting there almost three weeks for no reason at all except Siggelkow being stupid.

Warren Fischer, another fool, did exactly the same thing to no advantage whatever to himself. As I said in a post in his discussion;
Re: Dr. Warren Fischer's Prickly Fate
by Burnaby49 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:34 pm

I'm guessing a jail term on this one if for no other reason than Fischer's complete lack of cooperation in the court process. He turned a three day trial into a three week trial which he didn't attend in any case.

The issue that extended the trial was proving continuity, the path of the evidence found in the searches from wherever they were located to actual entry in court as evidence. The Crown had to spend an inordinate amount of time having various CRA staff give evidence as to how the material was handled and stored. All Fischer had to do was agree that the evidence continuity was valid and the court could have skipped the whole process; the court asked him specifically if he was willing to waive contesting continuity but he declined. When continuity is suspect so that the evidence may be tainted and therefore inadmissible contesting continuity is an entirely valid defense tactic. However at trial Fischer did not attack evidence continuity making the whole validation process a waste of court time.