Kent Hovind Since Sept 2013

notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Re: Kent Hovind Since Sept 2013

Post by notorial dissent »

Or there may be and probably is a great deal more going on here than we know about, and I have faith in Kent to find some other stupidity to get himself involved in.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Jeffrey
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Jeffrey »

Could they be going for a false lien prosecution ala Cherron Phillips?
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Jeffrey wrote:Could they be going for a false lien prosecution ala Cherron Phillips?
Basically yes, with a couple of contempts thrown in. Since the govt is the intended victim, however, the theory is an attempted fraud on the U.S. Arraignment in Pensacola on Thursday, Oct. 30.

Yet another Quatloosian case study on how to best use your native stupidity to enhance your sentence.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
notorial dissent

wserra wrote:Yet another Quatloosian case study on how to best use your native stupidity to enhance your sentence.
Beautifully put Wes. Like I said our genius has managed to parlay a simple contempt in to serious felony charges. As someone once said, "Stupid will out!"
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Paths of the Sea

Post by Paths of the Sea »

Motion by Government to dismiss current criminal contempt case in favor of new indictment:

IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE
NORTHERN DISTRICT OF FLORIDA
PENSACOLA DIVISION

In re: Case No. 3:14mc53-MCR/EMT

KENT E. HOVIND

NOTICE

(excerpts)

The United States of America, by and through the undersigned Assistant United
States Attorney, hereby files this Notice with the Court, pursuant to the Court’s Order
entered on today’s date.

A jury trial is currently scheduled before the Court on the Court’s Notice of Criminal Contempt Proceedings for November 3, 2014.

On October 21, 2014, a six Count Indictment was returned in case number
3:14cr91/MCR.

The conduct supporting the Indictment is directly related to the above entitled and numbered contempt case.

Further, defendant Kent E. Hovind is charged with a substantive count of contempt in violation of 18 U.S.C. § 401(3) in Count Three of the
Indictment.

Defendant Kent E. Hovind is scheduled for an initial appearance and arraignment on the Indictment on October 30, 2014, before U.S.
Magistrate Judge Charles J. Khan, Jr.

In light of the return of the Indictment and the charges contained therein,
the government submits that the criminal contempt action in case number
3:14mc53/MCR/EMT should be dismissed.

Therefore, the United States files this notice with the Court.

Respectfully submitted,
PAMELA C. MARSH
United States Attorney

/s/ Tiffany H. Eggers
TIFFANY H. EGGERS
Assistant United States Attorney
Florida Bar Number 193968
21 E. Garden Street, Suite 400
Pensacola, Florida 32502-5675

-----------------------------------------------
Paths of the Sea

From the Hovind Hansen Indictment:

Count One:

Kent E. Hovind and Paul John Hansen, did knowingly and willfully conspire, combine, confederate, and agree together and with other persons to devise a scheme to defraud the United States and for obtaining money and property by means of materially false and fraudulent pretenses, representations and promises by the use of the United States Postal Service ... in violation of Title 18, United States Code, Section 1341 (1349?).

Count Two:

Kent E. Hovind and Paul John Hansen did willfully, knowingly, and with the intent to defraud, devise and intend to devise a scheme to defraud the United States and for obtaining money and property...did cause to be sent, delivered and moved by the United States Postal Service or by any private and commercial interstate carrier, four Memoranda of Lis Pendens. In violation of Title 18, United States Code, Sections 1341 and 2.

Count Three:

Kent E. Hovind, did willfully and knowingly disobey and resist a lawful process, and command of a court of the United States, that is, an Order Forfeiting Substitute Property dated June 28, 2007...without first obtaining the advice of a licensed Florida attorney or an Order from the Court. In violation of Title 18, United States Code, Section 401(3).

Count Four:

Kent E. Hovind and Paul John Hansen...a Claim of Lien Affidavit of Obligation with attachments. In violation of Title 18, United States Code, Sections 1341 and 2.

Count Five:

Paul John Hansen did willfully and knowingly disobey and resist...which enjoined Creation Science Evangelism... In violation of Title 18, United States Code, Section 401(3).

Count Six:

Paul John Hansen did willfully and knowingly disobey and resist a lawful process, decree, and command of a court of the United States, namely:

1. The Federal Grand Jury seated in Pensacola, Florida...

2. ...

3. ...

4. On August 19, 2014, defendant Paul John Hansen failed to appear before the Grand Jury.

In violation of Title 18, United States Code, Section 401(3).

----------------------------------------------------
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

From the Office of Tony the Wonder Llama

Memorandum
Date: Sat., Oct. 25, 2014
From: Famspear (personal assistant to Tony the Wonder Llama)
To: Mr. Kent E. Hovind

Dear Mr. Hovind:

It has come to our attention that the Federal Bureau of Prisons currently shows your projected release date as August 10, 2015.

However, if we were you, we would not treat that date as being etched in stone. And we wouldn't make any firm move-out plans at this time.

Yours,
Famspear
:|
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

What good is knee-mail if God won't warn you about getting yourself into deeper trouble?
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
notorial dissent

She's in on the joke????? :lol:
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Paul seems to be old school. Filing liens and a quiet title action is basically bread and butter of SovCit.
notorial dissent

Just a good old fashioned sovict biblical lawyer, claiming to have done all this studying when all he did was copy some or pitiful schmoop's garbage and pass it off as his own, and then claim the bible told him he could do so, a liar, hypocrite, and destroyer of people's lives, a perfect trifecta of sovruny nastiness.
darling
First Mate
First Mate

Post by darling »

Paths of the Sea wrote:He's off the hook on the criminal contempt charge.
It's because Kent Hovind has been indicted along with one of his legal dream team members, Paul John Hansen, on other criminal charges and they didn't want to pile on with further pursuit of the criminal contempt charges at this time.
Looks like the new indictment also contains a criminal contempt charge, so he's not off the hook there.

In light of the new charges, perhaps a new thread is in order?

It looks like, if Kent is convicted, he is looking at a maximum of 20 years in jail for mail fraud. Ouch.
Samphire
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Post by Samphire »

I’m not one who believes in conspiracy theories which I think are all cobbled together by a secret pool of people from which chairmen of expensive public enquiries are chosen. However, what are the chances of two already notorious sovereign citizens (and clearly Kent from his own writings is one) who live 800 miles apart from each other ending up in the same jail cell?

From Hansen’s own blog it appears that he is under investigation by the Grand Jury for:
“Apparently they want to see if I filed documents under an alias name”.

To have served a notice under Kent’s name would not be filing under “an alias” so it seems reasonable to assume that someone has used a fictitious name and the court wants to discover if Hansen is the culprit. The implication seems to be that the liens were served under a false name to avoid the particular wording of the court order forbidding any agent or persons connected to Creation Science Evangelism from filing a lien on any of the Pensacola properties forfeited by the government.

If the government can show that Hansen filed the liens then perhaps it will have proved a sufficient nexus between Hansen and Kent to fall foul of the terms of the court order. Presumably, Kent would claim Hansen acted without instruction and that he knew nothing of the liens although, after meeting with his father last August, Eric wrote:
These new charges are asking the judge to hold Kent in "contempt of court" for continuing to file things that he feels are necessary to maintain his innocence and overturn his case.

which to my mind seems to be an (admissible?) admission that Kent knew of and was instrumental in the service of the liens.

As darling points out:
It looks like, if Kent is convicted, he is looking at a maximum of 20 years in jail for mail fraud.

How does it work in the US? Given that Kent is now an old lag of 8 years standing and given the lengthy history of his legal obstructionism, how is this likely to impinge on the severity of any sentence to be imposed in relation to his alleged contempt?
Samphire
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Post by Samphire »

From the Indictment:
3. Beginning in or about June 2011, defendants KENT E. HOVIND, PAUL JOHN HANSEN, and others devised a scheme to defraud and for obtaining money and property ........
I wonder who these "others" might be. Could more indictments be on the way or is it just to cover the possibility that Hansen did not serve the liens under a false name and that a third party is involved? Hard to believe.
darling
First Mate
First Mate

Post by darling »

The indictment names G.S. as being involved. Presumably Glen Stoll.

Regarding the "alias" claim: one of the charges concerns 18 U.S. 1342"

"Whoever, for the purpose of [mail fraud] uses or assumes, or requests to be addressed by, [or accepts any mail addressed to] any fictitious, false, or assumed title, name, or address or name other than his own proper name... shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than five years, or both."

I am not sure where this 'false name' comes into things, unless Paul Hansen created the liens instead of Kent. Otherwise it's pretty clear that Kent was involved in placing the liens because his signature and i.d., along with the warden's attestation, is on the documents. Kent's defense seems to be that he did not know he was violating a court order when placing the liens.

Except that Kent also claimed that he "did not file the liens... and in fact could not file the liens based upon his present incarcerated status... did nto sent the liens to the court to be filed, and in fact could not have filed the liens given that such liens must be filed in person..."

So perhaps Paul filed the liens using Kent's name?
Paths of the Sea

Finally, a rather misleading update from Hovind's side!

https://www.facebook.com/2peter3/posts/733509416725800

Date: Monday, October 27, 2014
Time: About 12:15 PM MT

‪#‎JustCriminal‬

ATTENTION: SUPPORTERS OF DR. HOVIND

OUR FRIEND JOHN PAUL HANSEN ALSO HAS
BEEN TAKEN TO JAIL!

THIS IS THE US GOVERNMENT'S XIAN
PERSECUTION AT IT'S FINEST!

PLS PRAY FOR DR. HOVIND AND PAUL HANSEN!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/118 ... 311-PM.mp3

-------------------------------------------------------
darling
First Mate
First Mate

Post by darling »

And where will Hansen end up?

Mmm-BoP, ba duba dop
In the BoP, ba duba dop
In the BoP, ba duba dop
Ba du
Yeah
Mmm-BoP, ba duba dop
In the BoP, ba duba dop
In the BoP, ba duba dop
Ba du
Yeah
notorial dissent

I think the biggest problem here is assuming, at any time that either Kent, and/or Hansen are telling the truth to any identifiable extent. Hovind has a long record of prevarication and flat out lying through his teeth, Hansen would seem to be cut from the same cloth as well. So, I think it is safest to assume at any given point that neither is telling the truth and save on wear and tear. I don't know where his son fits in all this, but it certainly wouldn't be the first time he has lied to or used a member of his family.

I do think this is going to get much more interesting, and messy as it plays further out. The indictment just looks line a train wreck waiting to happen for Hovind, and I think it is all of his own work.
Samphire
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Post by Samphire »

THIS IS THE US GOVERNMENT'S XIAN
PERSECUTION AT IT'S FINEST!
If Christianity is equivalent to the right to defraud a legal, democratic government then I shall have to revise my understanding of the theology.

Thanks to darling for the link to the copy liens. In so far as Kent is capable of joined-up writing the signatures look authentic. So what is Hansen’s involvement? It’s all very intriguing.

P.S. to darling. Your previous posts have tended to suppress levity. Is it your birthday?
Samphire
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Post by Samphire »

I don't know where his son fits in all this, but it certainly wouldn't be the first time he has lied to or used a member of his family.
I assume that you mean that the "he" refers to Kent and not Eric. To be fair to Eric, when Kent got into trouble, Eric claimed that he had been keen to regularise his dealings with the IRS on setting up his new company God Quest. "E.H." is referred to in the Indictment but given his refusal to have anything to do with his father's "defence fund" or the Creation "Science" Hall of Fame incident I would be very surprised if Eric was willing to become embroiled in anything iffy.