Crack-a-dooster "BrainySmurf76" -- legal beagle!

Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Re: Crack-a-dooster "BrainySmurf76" -- legal beagle!

Post by Famspear »

This kind of thinking, unfortunately, is not limited to tax protesters.

A few years ago I was having a conversation in a restaurant with a good friend who is intelligent and educated -- a certified public accountant, but not an attorney.

We somehow got into a discussion about attorneys and the obligations of criminal defense attorneys. He became visibly upset when I firmly informed him that his theory about what the law is was incorrect. He insisted that he believed that under American law, the duty of a criminal defense attorney was to determine, in talking with his client, etc., whether the client was guilty and, if the client was indeed guilty, to arrange for the client to throw himself on the mercy of the court. He claimed to actually believe that a lawyer who tries to prevent the client from being convicted is breaking the law.

Despite that fact that my friend has no legal training, no legal experience, and no legal credentials, he became angry when I explained to him (in what I thought was a diplomatic way) that his belief about the law in this case was incorrect.

This particular friend occasionally exhibits this kind of behavior in other situations as well; I've noticed that he sometimes pontificates about other things in a "preachy" sort of way, with a false sense of confidence, in situations where he clearly does not have either the training or the life experiences that would reasonably justify that confidence. I suspect that in the past this may have gotten him into difficulty in dealing with people.

I think that some people have a strong psychological need (a better word would be "want" or "desire") to convert their own deep feelings about how the world should be into a mistaken belief that the world actually is that way.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Duke2Earl wrote:Logic is not their strong suit. The best guess I can make about their "theory" is that each person can decide for themselves what the law is. Because once you reject the court's ability to interpret the law, that's basically what you are left with. And if you reject the courts I am sort of at a loss to understand why you would bother to have law at all.
Logic is a stranger to this crowd, and the very underpinning of the entire CTC fantasy is that "each person can decide for themselves what the law is" essentially, although with equal falsity his preposterousness denies that.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

BS76 wrote:All that education y'all have and a non-lawyer P. Hendrickson emasculated you.
By going to federal prison twice and losing whenever he or a follower appears in court.

Go ahead, Pete, emasculate me a few more times. It's good entertainment.
quat/loos.com (again, take out the slash) which is a CIA front
Hey - the CIA works for us, we don't work for them.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

wserra wrote:
BS76 wrote:All that education y'all have and a non-lawyer P. Hendrickson emasculated you.
By going to federal prison twice and losing whenever he or a follower appears in court.

Go ahead, Pete, emasculate me a few more times. It's good entertainment.
quat/loos.com (again, take out the slash) which is a CIA front
Hey - the CIA works for us, we don't work for them.
The NSA works for us, too, BrainySmurf. Watch yourself.

EDIT: Watch yourself, BrainySmurf. Because someone else is watching you.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Famspear wrote:The NSA works for us, too, BrainySmurf. Watch yourself.

But who is watching us? I have never been able to figure out that part.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

The Observer wrote:
Famspear wrote:The NSA works for us, too, BrainySmurf. Watch yourself.

But who is watching us? I have never been able to figure out that part.
Santa Claus is watching us, of course.

:)
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Here is some of the latest brilliance from "BrainySmurf76":
We've all heard of Bohemian Grove, the CFR and the Bilderberg Group. But what if those aren't the only meetings?
http://www.losthorizons.com/phpBB/viewt ... f=2&t=3183

:shock:

Oh, no, Brainy!

What have you found??!!!? Tell us, Brainy! Tell us!
It seems a lot of so called "Powers that be" do much of their conspiring by other means and locations. This can include radio show hosts, TV and paper news companies, major businesses or others with the potential of influencing the masses. The common theme in most reports I hear pertains to golfing.....
The GOLF COURSE! Of COURSE! (gasp! pant! gulp!) Why didn't WE think of that??!!?
....I have no knowledge of any conspiring (policy making) taking place on the golf course. I started this thread in hopes some of you may be more skilled in researching. Research who owns the frequented golfing places by the powers that be. See their involvements politically, financial interests, pharmaceuticals, etc. See if the golf courses have some secret parallel significance or like the design of D.C. ...
Oh, Brainy, you MUST be on to something! Why, the extent of the diabolical conspiracy against us knows no bounds! We're SO glad that you brought this to light!
.....This all seems far-fetched but you never know.
In your case, Brainy, it's obvious that you never know.

Tried looking under your bed at night? THAT'S where the monsters are hiding, dontcha know?

8)
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Gentlefolk, i think we are present at the birth of a brand new conspiracy theory, which if properly nurtured, will soon become received wisdom in the sovisphere.

So let's nurture it:

1. The round of eighteen holes corresponds to an ancient babylonian pilgrim route, with the holes representing the various temples. Thus you are participating in a pagan rite, every time you place your Ba'al in a hole.

2. Two journalists have gone missing at the same major golf course, nearly 10 years apart. Just vanished without a trace. And a groundskeeper, who does not want to be identified, says that on of the water hazards on that course is stocked with crocodiles and pirana.

3. Somehow, that *** Tiger Woods, was able to acquire a blonde. But once he was no longer useful to the powers that be, they arranged for him to lose her.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
AndyK
Illuminatian Revenue Supremo Emeritus

Post by AndyK »

Grixit:

Either stop smoking that stuff or bring enough to share with everyone.
Taxes are the price we pay for a free society and to cover the responsibilities of the evaders
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

grixit wrote:...a pagan rite, every time you place your Ba'al in a hole....
Umm, I was hoping that we could keep this as a "PG" rated web site......

:wink:
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

The real conspiracy is against me, trying to blame all this Illuminati stuff on me.

Just because I went to an Ivy League undergrad, London School of Economics, worked for the Federal Reserve and now Golf, a game I have not ever played despite the fact that I do live on a golf course......

Its all my fault?

(okay, so I know how to take one for the team)

:haha:
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

Famspear wrote:In your case, Brainy, it's obvious that you never know.
I think that the emphasis is wrong. Shouldn't it be:

"In your case, Brainy, it's obvious that you never know."

[Digression: Emphasis is important. In one of the screen adaptations of a John LeCarre story about George Smiley, he's picked up and driven somewhere by someone he knows, and Smiley (played by Alec Guiness) asks, "Why did they send you?" The person driving responds by saying, "Are you asking why did they send me, or why did they send me, or why did they send me?" Alec Guiness pauses, and then says, "You're right, I shouldn't have asked." See also, "The Conversation," starring Gene Hackman, in which the difference between "He'd kill us if he could" and "He'd kill us if he could" was critical.)
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

LPC wrote:....Digression: Emphasis is important....
What I'm taking from all this digression
Can be stated much like a confession:
Yes, it seems that I've heard
I must stress the right word.
Oh, all right; I will make that concession.

What I think I might just be inviting
Is the skill to write satire that's biting.
No one else will be bored
If my word's like a sword!
These are lessons in much better writing!

So, I'm thinkin' that I would be wise
To learn more how to just EMPHASIZE.
Is this now the right season
To give you my reason?
Well, why yes! I just might win a prize!

You may say, "He's delusional now!"
"Win a prize? Oh, come on now! Just how?"
And, I guess you'd be right;
So I'll close for the night.
As I leave, let me take a small bow.
wserra

Post by wserra »

LPC wrote:Emphasis is important.
Indeed. Early in my career, a trial turned on whether my client said, "I didn't rob that old lady" or "I didn't rob that old lady" when arrested. I managed to convince the jury that this was a pretty thin reed upon which to base a man's freedom, especially since they had only the cop's word for it.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

wserra wrote:
LPC wrote:Emphasis is important.
Indeed. Early in my career, a trial turned on whether my client said, "I didn't rob that old lady" or "I didn't rob that old lady" when arrested. I managed to convince the jury that this was a pretty thin reed upon which to base a man's freedom, especially since they had only the cop's word for it.
You had a Rumpole case :)
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4