Elaine Brown Apologizes - Sort Of

The Observer
Further Moderator

Elaine Brown Apologizes - Sort Of

Post by The Observer »

Elaine Brown issued an apology- to her neighbors.
. Brown says that she and her husband initiated an action seven years ago that they believed would advance the “cause of justice.” They wanted to “right a wrong in our government” that would benefit others who had been victimized by government, she wrote.
Elaine Brown wrote:“Now, seven years later, I realize the wrong I have done to you all. One cannot do the wrong thing for the right reason.”
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Re: Elaine Brown Apologizes - Sort Of

Post by Famspear »

Elaine Brown wrote:“Now, seven years later, I realize the wrong I have done to you all. One cannot do the wrong thing for the right reason.”
Now, at the age of 73, Elaine still has plenty of time to think about the whole thing. Her projected release date from Federal prison is November 8, 2042, when she would be about 101 years old.

Only 10,382 days to go.

:|
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Famspear wrote:Now, at the age of 73, Elaine still has plenty of time to think about the whole thing.
The problem is that, even if Elaine makes it to the end of her sentence, that she will probably never acknowledge that she was wrong about every single element of her position - including her belief about being not liable for taxes. With that kind of attittude, she is closing the door even on the slimmest chance of being considered for a presidential pardon (and yes, I know it would never happen anyways - just sayin').
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Isn't that apology kind of like saying "Gee, I'm sorry I shot you, I really meant to kill the person next to you.", at least it seems that way to me?

On the other hand, I'm still not sure she really understands what her dear, loving husband got her in to, or is in too much denial to acknowledge it. In denial, or ponderously stupid, such a tough choice.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

A trip down memory lane......from Wikipedia (footnotes omitted):
Four individuals who assisted Ed and Elaine Brown in the standoff were convicted in connection with the matter. Danny Riley of Cohoes, New York was sentenced to 36 years in federal prison, after having been convicted of helping to supply the Browns, and of stockpiling weapons and threatening law enforcement officials. Riley was convicted of conspiracy, aiding and abetting, and using guns and bombs in connection with the standoff. Also convicted in other trials were Jason Gerhard of Brookhaven, New York (sentenced to twenty years in prison), Cirino Gonzalez of Alice, Texas (sentenced to eight years in prison), and Robert Wolffe of Randolph, Vermont.
As of June 6, 2014:

Edward Lewis Brown
inmate # 03923-049
Current age 71.
Currently at Cumberland Federal Correctional Institution at Cumberland, Maryland.
Projected release date is July 26, 2045.

Elaine Alice Brown
inmate # 03924-049
Current age 73.
Currently at the Aliceville Federal Correctional Institution at Aliceville, Alabama.
Projected release date is Nov. 8, 2042.

Jason Gerhard
inmate # 20229-045
Current age 28.
Currently at the Fairton Federal Correctional Institution at Fairton, New Jersey.
Projected release date is March 19, 2025.

Cirino Gonzalez
inmate # 76342-179
Current age 37.
Currently at the Houston Residential Reentry Management field office at San Antonio, Texas.
Projected release date is Aug. 31, 2014.

Daniel Riley
inmate # 14528-052
Current age 46.
Currently at the Terre Haute Federal Correctional Institution at Terre Haute, Indiana.
Projected release date is Nov. 13, 2035.

Robert Wolffe
former inmate # 09879-049
Current age 56.
He was released on Nov. 16, 2009.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

We should institute some sort of Day of Remembrance for those were significantly more patsy than perpetrator before they went to prison. On that day we should write to them, see how they're doing, may toss a few bucks into their commissary account. Goodness knows they'll not get much of that from their fellow freedom warriors.

I further suggest that that day be the anniversary of the Dogwalk.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
operabuff
Pirate
Pirate

Post by operabuff »

The Observer wrote:
The problem is that, even if Elaine makes it to the end of her sentence, that she will probably never acknowledge that she was wrong about every single element of her position - including her belief about being not liable for taxes. With that kind of attittude, she is closing the door even on the slimmest chance of being considered for a presidential pardon (and yes, I know it would never happen anyways - just sayin').
I agree that Elaine is an extremely unlikely candidate for a pardon, but I don't think that her continued belief that she was right about her underlying position is necessarily disqualifying. See e.g. Marc Rich, Richard Nixon (and I'm sure many others).
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

grixit wrote:We should institute some sort of Day of Remembrance......
I further suggest that that day be the anniversary of the Dogwalk.
Hey, I guess that's today, June 7th, right?

June 7, 2007: Danny ("Dogwalker") Riley!
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Excerpt from a news report on June 8, 2007:
....While agents searched and secured the office building [the building that had been the location of Elaine Brown's dental practice] in the morning [of June 7, 2007], Monier [United States Marshal Stephen Monier] said, marshals patrolled the perimeter of the Browns' 110-acre property. During the surveillance, a marshal encountered a man whom he identified as a Brown supporter [Danny Riley] walking a dog. The man, who was not named, was detained and questioned, Monier said. He was released yesterday afternoon......
---from Maddie Hanna & Margot Sanger-Katz, "Feds gather; Browns unscathed," June 8, 2007, Concord Monitor (Concord, New Hampshire).
Pirate Purveyor of the Last Word

Post by . »

When I first read this, I though "where is the apology to the never-ending stream of idiots and morons like dog-walker, etc.?"

Of course, there never will be one. Then, someone posted the conviction, sentencing and prison history of their various dopey followers.

I wouldn't give any of them a dime, they deserve every miserable day of time that they got. You can't fix stupid. But, Elaine at least owed those clowns an apology for creating the situation that enabled them to turn their idiocy into long prison sentences.

So, maybe she did society a favor. Still not worth a dime. Neither is her apology. And I'll bet that we never, ever hear any word of remorse about anything from Ed.
All the States incorporated daughter corporations for transaction of business in the 1960s or so. - Some voice in Van Pelt's head, circa 2006.
Number Six
Hereditary Margrave of Mooloosia

Post by Number Six »

As a former dentist you would have thought in a highly regulated, service-oriented business she would have had a conscience about the effects she was having on that part of New Hampshire, and maybe some of her customers knew enough to share their thoughts. Wikipedia has a good article on the Brown saga: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_and_Elaine_Brown

Their former gold seller/coin dealer also got in trouble with the law recently: http://www.vnews.com/news/11727751-95/s ... in-trouble I actually had some talks with this dealer regarding the law regulating their business a number of times, and he seemed to be exasperated at how onerous the law was designed to interdict stolen goods, etc..
'There are two kinds of injustice: the first is found in those who do an injury, the second in those who fail to protect another from injury when they can.' (Roman. Cicero, De Off. I. vii)

'Choose loss rather than shameful gains.' (Chilon Fr. 10. Diels)
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

Elaine Brown is a dentist.
Richard Unger ("Dr. Sam Kennedy") is a dentist.
Orly Taitz is a dentist.

Does anyone see a pattern developing?
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

fortinbras wrote:Elaine Brown is a dentist.
Orly Taitz is a dentist.

Eva Sydel was a dentist;

http://www.canada.com/story.html?id=a9a ... dbc764c417

http://bc.ctvnews.ca/freemason-conspira ... s-1.565834
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Post by Dezcad »

Orly Taitz is a dentist.

Don't forget about this pediatric dentist - Nancy Montgomery-Ware.
Number Six
Hereditary Margrave of Mooloosia

Post by Number Six »

This fellow too, but he is actually a "war tax resister": http://www.nwtrcc.org/profiles/wilson.php
'There are two kinds of injustice: the first is found in those who do an injury, the second in those who fail to protect another from injury when they can.' (Roman. Cicero, De Off. I. vii)

'Choose loss rather than shameful gains.' (Chilon Fr. 10. Diels)
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

Orly Taitz is a dentist.

A zillion years ago (late 1970s or early 80s, when I was a young associate at a law firm), I was representing a tax shelter promoter being investigated by a federal grand jury in West Virginia. The Assistant U.S. Attorney handling the investigation had a sign on the wall of his office that said, "Most tax shelters are so bad that no one but a doctor will buy them. But every once in a while, a tax shelter is SO bad that you can't sell it to anyone but a dentist."
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

OUCH!!!!

I seriously think the FDA should be looking in to the hazards of continual either accidental or self administered NO2 contamination.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
LaVidaRoja
Basileus Quatlooseus

Post by LaVidaRoja »

NO bids received/made today on either Elaine's property OR the 9Feds admit still possibly) booby-trapped residence
Little boys who tell lies grow up to be weathermen.
Pirate Purveyor of the Last Word

Post by . »

Not surprised on the house. Assuming that nobody is crazy enough to want to live in the hideous monstrosity designed (and booby-trapped) by Ed, it has a negative value -- whatever it would cost to demolish it and haul away the rubble, plus the cost of certifying that there are no remaining gifts from Ed like explosives or other bad stuff in the rubble so that the local dump will accept the rubble.

Which leaves the land. Which may have little value after taking into account the cost of verifying that there are no other remaining gifts from Ed like explosives, mines, chemicals or other nasty stuff anywhere on it. The remaining land value minus the cost of getting rid of the house may leave the total property with a net negative value.

The place is kind of a residential version of an EPA Super-fund site -- nobody wants anything to do with it if it ain't 100% cleaned up, and the clean-up cost may be prohibitive.

The office building probably has decent value, perhaps the minimum bid was set too high.
All the States incorporated daughter corporations for transaction of business in the 1960s or so. - Some voice in Van Pelt's head, circa 2006.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

. wrote:Not surprised on the house. Assuming that nobody is crazy enough to want to live in the hideous monstrosity designed (and booby-trapped) by Ed, it has a negative value -- whatever it would cost to demolish it and haul away the rubble, plus the cost of certifying that there are no remaining gifts from Ed like explosives or other bad stuff in the rubble so that the local dump will accept the rubble.

Which leaves the land. Which may have little value after taking into account the cost of verifying that there are no other remaining gifts from Ed like explosives, mines, chemicals or other nasty stuff anywhere on it. The remaining land value minus the cost of getting rid of the house may leave the total property with a net negative value.

The place is kind of a residential version of an EPA Super-fund site -- nobody wants anything to do with it if it ain't 100% cleaned up, and the clean-up cost may be prohibitive.
Announcer: Tonight, on Extreme Homesteading, meet the Garvin Brothers. Joe Garvin and his brother Jerry have been in the construction business for 15 years building custom houses for others, now they want their own. This condemned property is their opportunity!

Joe: We're so excited to get this land for a steal. We're going to clear it and build my dream house.

Jerry: And mine!

Greg: Yeah, yeah, can we get this done, please?

Announcer: That nervous looking man is Greg Kaminsky, representing the Justice Department. Jerry hands him a dollar as consideration, and the two brothers sign. They now have 5 years to put up, and move into, code compliant living quarters. Although the land only cost them a dollar, they will have to pay property tax on its full assessed value.

Joe: Thank you, Greg-- hey where'd he go?

Jerry: He went back to his car and took off. Must've been in a hurry.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4