Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Definition of income

Post by Patriotdiscussions »

Anyone care to define juristic person
AndyK
Illuminatian Revenue Supremo Emeritus

Post by AndyK »

Why? Are you incapable of using a dictionary or one of the innumerable on-line word definition sources?
Taxes are the price we pay for a free society and to cover the responsibilities of the evaders
Duke2Earl
Eighth Operator of the Delusional Mooloo

Post by Duke2Earl »

LPC wrote:Ok, I'm up to speed now.

New troll, but the usual crap. Not worth a response.
So moved and seconded. Shall we call for a vote?
My choice early in life was to either be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politican. And to tell the truth there's hardly any difference.

Harry S Truman
rogfulton
Caveat Venditor
Location: No longer behind the satellite dish, second door along - in fact, not even in the same building.

Post by rogfulton »

I'll call for a vote.
"No man is above the law and no man is below it; nor do we ask any man's permission when we require him to obey it. Obedience to the law is demanded as a right; not asked as a favor."
- President Theodore Roosevelt
Red Cedar PM
Burnished Vanquisher of the Kooloohs

Post by Red Cedar PM »

Patriotdiscussions wrote: I was wondering if you fine folks knew the definition of the word "income".

not taxable income or gross income or net income.

Just income.
Why is this even relevant? The IRC defines gross income (sec 61) and taxable income (sec 63) which is what determines whether or not you owe tax and how much you owe. Income can be defined in a myriad of ways or for other purposes (i.e., income under generally accepted accounting principles) but none of those other definitions are pertinent when it comes to your tax liability.

Not that it really matters to this troll, but I would hope an independent observer may see how this exposes the troll's "innocent inquiry" as nothing more than a fishing expedition.
"Pride cometh before thy fall."

--Dantonio 11:03:07
Grixit wrote:Hey Diller: forget terms like "wages", "income", "derived from", "received", etc. If you did something, and got paid for it, you owe tax.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

Patriotdiscussions wrote:Anyone care to define juristic person
Anyone care to define "troglodytarum".....
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

El Trolloroski wrote:
In reality the directions for the 1040 clearly state non residents are not liable for taxes unless they meet two requirements, one of which is them electing to be taxed.....lol
If I were you, I would avoid trying to read and understand the 1040 instructions -- "lol"
Are you trying to state that non resident aliens are not in the country?
No, that's not what I'm "trying to say." Are you trying to say that you are totally clueless?

8)
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Post by Arthur Rubin »

Famspear wrote:Anyone care to define "troglodytarum".....
I didn't know they had those back then. I thought the concept dated back to only the 5th century or so, so shouldn't be in Latin.
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95
Patriotdiscussions

Famspear wrote:El Trolloroski wrote:
In reality the directions for the 1040 clearly state non residents are not liable for taxes unless they meet two requirements, one of which is them electing to be taxed.....lol
If I were you, I would avoid trying to read and understand the 1040 instructions -- "lol"
No, that's not what I'm "trying to say." Are you trying to say that you are totally clueless?

8)
Nonresident aliens and dual-status aliens. These rules also apply if you were a nonresident alien or a dual-status alien and both of the following apply.
You were married to a U.S. citizen or resident alien at the end of 2013.
You elected to be taxed as a resident alien. See Pub. 519 for details.

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i1040ez.pdf
Patriotdiscussions

Ok then I will ask for information from you fine folks. The money the IRS collects, where is it deposited at? The treasury or federal reserve bank? This is an easy one.
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

Patriotdiscussions wrote: You elected to be taxed as a resident alien.
There is no point where you can elect to be taxed. Either you have taxable income, no matter the source or the situation, or you don't. If you do then you have a tax liability. If you don't, then you don't. The only way you construe that statement to be even partly correct is in the sense that, since you are not a resident and you elected to come to this country and/or make money in this country, you have elected to become taxed by the US government. You do not even have to be in the country to have a tax liability.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Patriotdiscussions wrote:Ok then I will ask for information from you fine folks. The money the IRS collects, where is it deposited at? The treasury or federal reserve bank? This is an easy one.
:roll:

Oh, come on. Everyone knows that the money is kept in a mayonnaise jar on Funk and Wagnall's front porch.

That was an easy one.
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Patriotdiscussions wrote:Nonresident aliens and dual-status aliens. These rules also apply if you were a nonresident alien or a dual-status alien and both of the following apply.

Wow. We stand in awe of your ability to find IRS publications on the internet.

Is there some reason you think we would be impressed with this?

8)

Under what circumstances can someone living on top of a mountain in Tibet who is not a United States citizen, has never been a United States citizen, and has never been to the United States, and has no relatives or friends in the United States, and doesn't even know how to find the United States on a map, be subject to the U.S. federal income tax?

Cite the Internal Revenue Code provisions, Einstein.
JamesVincent

Post by JamesVincent »

Famspear wrote: Under what circumstances can someone living on top of a mountain in Tibet who is not a United States citizen, has never been a United States citizen, and has never been to the United States, and has no relatives or friends in the United States, and doesn't even know how to find the United States on a map, be subject to the U.S. federal income tax?

(raises hand) Ooh, ooh, ooh... can I answer it?

Famspear

Post by Famspear »

JamesVincent wrote:
Famspear wrote: Under what circumstances can someone living on top of a mountain in Tibet who is not a United States citizen, has never been a United States citizen, and has never been to the United States, and has no relatives or friends in the United States, and doesn't even know how to find the United States on a map, be subject to the U.S. federal income tax?

(raises hand) Ooh, ooh, ooh... can I answer it?
Well, but shouldn't we Quatloos regulars let the troll make a fool of himself yet again?

:)

Of course, based on his prior posts, it appears that "Patriotdiscussions" probably won't even attempt to answer the question. As we say in Texas, he's all hat and no cattle.
JamesVincent

Post by JamesVincent »

Famspear wrote:
Well, but shouldn't we Quatloos regulars let the troll make a fool of himself yet again?

:)

Of course, based on his prior posts, it appears that "Patriotdiscussions" probably won't even attempt to answer the question. As we say in Texas, he's all hat and no cattle.
Awww......

We need a Horseshack icon :)

Cpt Banjo
Fretful leader of the Quat Quartet

Post by Cpt Banjo »

You could even add the condition that he has no property located in the United States. Yet he can still owe federal income tax.
"Run get the pitcher, get the baby some beer." Rev. Gary Davis
jg
Fed Chairman of the Quatloosian Reserve

Post by jg »

Patriotdiscussions wrote:
Famspear wrote:El Trolloroski wrote:
8)
Nonresident aliens and dual-status aliens. These rules also apply if you were a nonresident alien or a dual-status alien and both of the following apply.
http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i1040ez.pdf
emphasis added

The instructions quoted do not state that "non residents are not liable for taxes" but rather that "These rules also apply ..." when the conditions are met.
"These rules" refers to the instructions for the Form 1040 wherein the statement is made and does not imply that the tax code does not apply or that the income of nonresidents is not taxed.

The directions for the 1040 are stating non residents are not able to use Form 1040 (and these rules) for tax filing unless they meet certain requirements.
If those requirements are not met, a nonresident would use the rules found in the instructions to file Form 1040NR (which are different than the rules for preparing form 1040).
The 1040NR instructions can be found at http://www.irs.gov/instructions/i1040nr/
“Where there is an income tax, the just man will pay more and the unjust less on the same amount of income.” — Plato
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

Patriotdiscussions wrote:Ok then I will ask for information from you fine folks. The money the IRS collects, where is it deposited at? The treasury or federal reserve bank? This is an easy one.
(Realizing my prior admonishment to not feed the troll ... this is at least amusing to some degree.)

(1) The use of the word "at," as in "... where is it deposited at?" is grammatically incorrect.

(2) Money is like water. At some point in time, most of it will flow through the Fed several times during its existence.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

rogfulton wrote:I'll call for a vote.
Aye.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools