David E. Robinson Charged With Tax Fraud

The Observer
Further Moderator

David E. Robinson Charged With Tax Fraud

Post by The Observer »

The Bangor Daily News is reporting that Robinson is being charged, among other crimes, with evading taxes of $172,000. Robinson has been cited here on Quatloos before as being a SovCit guru and peddling books and materials advising people that they don't have to pay taxes or follow the laws.

So how much of an idiot is Robinson? Well, for starters, he is taking a page straight out of Ed "Constitutional Ranger" Brown's playbook:
David E. Robinson, 75, said Wednesday that he will not appear in court Friday morning to face charges of conspiracy to defraud the United States by impeding and impairing the IRS.

Know how grand juries are a big hit with the sovcit movement? Not so for our purist Robinson:
...Robinson argues that the federal grand jury process that led to his and Messier’s indictment was unconstitutional and improperly targeted

“If it was your intention to address this correspondence to [Robinson and Messier], it is obviously a mistake and incomplete, as there is no compliance and extradition order allowing you to address living inhabitants of a foreign state, and no penal bonds were attached for our action, and no official copy of any charges recorded by a court of record were presented,” the letter states.

Robinson said that the summons was addressed to his “legal, fictional identity” because “the court is a fictional entity limited to addressing only fictional entities.”

“The federal government is a for-profit corporation that is illegally occupying the seats of Congress of Washington, D.C.,” he said. “They have established fictional mirror-images, or clones, of each live person … but Mr. Messier and I are flesh-and-blood living persons.”
And Robinson is showing that he is no ordinary piker and footslogger in the sovcit army. Membership in the NLA or RuSA? Pfffft - Robinson has his own army:
Robinson, who — in part — distinguishes between his real identity and “fictional” identity by using uppercase letters for one and lowercase letters for the other, is the author of the 2012 book, “Maine Lawsuit Against The IRS: For Unfair Trade Practices.” He said Wednesday that he was elected attorney general of the Maine Republic Free State Trust, but he declined to say how many members the trust includes. He said he has had no correspondence with national Sovereign Citizen groups or the Constitutional Coalition, a Maine group that has similarly questioned some aspect of the federal government’s authority.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Pirate Purveyor of the Last Word

Re: David E. Robinson Charged With Tax Fraud

Post by . »

Obviously, he should buy Ed and Elaine's old place and hold a stand-off.

After all, the government won't guarantee that it isn't still booby-trapped. And maybe he can get Cirino to show up, now that he's out.
All the States incorporated daughter corporations for transaction of business in the 1960s or so. - Some voice in Van Pelt's head, circa 2006.
Paths of the Sea
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Paths of the Sea »

Elsewhere, someone provided these links to more information about those folks:

http://www.amazon.com/Maine-Lawsuit-Aga ... 530&sr=1-5

and

http://www.med.uscourts.gov/Opinions/Kr ... 042013.pdf
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

But.... but.... but.... he wrote all those books on how to separate your strawman and how to avoid paying taxes legally and he's such a scholar and constitutional authority.... alright, I give up. Even I can't keep that up for very long.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
jcolvin2
Grand Master Consul of Quatloosia

Post by jcolvin2 »

Robinson ("Interim Attorney General" of "Maine Free State") and Robinson convicted:
http://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/maine-bus ... tax-crimes
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

F. William Messier, 71, and David E. Robinson, 78, both of Brunswick, were convicted on April 3 after a five-day jury trial of conspiracy to defraud the United States and corruptly endeavoring to impede the lawful administration of the Internal Revenue Code. U.S. District Judge D. Brock Hornby of the District of Maine sentenced Messier to serve one year and one day in prison and three years of supervised release. The court also ordered Messier to pay a $15,000 fine and file federal income tax returns dating back to 2005. Robinson’s sentencing has been scheduled for Oct. 5.
Five days? You lucky bastards. I've been attending a very simple tax evasion trial here in Vancouver for the past three weeks and no end in sight yet. Courts are routinely reserved for a month or so on any tax evasion issue no matter how routine and uncomplicated. It took until the third week of my trial just to get to the actual tax evasion part. First two weeks were procedural challenges about breaches of constitutional rights which, as is almost always the case, the defendant lost.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs