If David didn't write this page, an acolyte did.

Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

If David didn't write this page, an acolyte did.

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Over on Planet Merrill, a newbie from rural Alaska calling himself Sealhunter 31 (he gives his real name in his first post) talks about how, among other things, he wants to avoid registering the birth of his new son (poor baby....). He gives a link to a site known as http://www.stormthunder.com; and if our old friend David Merrill isn't writing for this site under a pseudonym/sockpuppet, he is of one mind with the creator of the site, who among other things repeats David's fantasy about how demanding lawful money transubstantiates FRNs into USNs.

My favorite parts, though, are these:

"It is no accident that the United States is without a dollar unit coin. In recent years the Eisenhower dollar coin received widespread acceptance, but the Treasury minted them in limited number which encouraged hoarding. This same fate befell the Kennedy half-dollars, which circulated as silver sandwiched clads between 1965 and 1969, and were hoarded for their intrinsic value and not spent. Next came the Susan B. Anthony dollar, an awkward coin which was instantly rejected as planned."

"The remaining unit is the privately issued Federal Reserve note unit dollar with no viable competitors. Back in 1935 the Fed had persuaded the Treasury to discontinue minting silver dollars because the public preferred them over dollar bills. That the public money system has become awkward, discouraging its use, is no accident. It was planned that way."

This is almost too easy. The Ike dollar, despite high mintages, failed to achieve wide circulation for the same reason as the old silver dollars -- they were too big and clunky to use in everyday commerce, and except in the West tended to stay in bank vaults (which is why so many survive today in high grades). If they were hoarded, it was because of a phenomenon which I've seen over the last 50 years: if an American sees an unusual coin, he or she thinks "I have not seen this coin before. Therefore, it is rare. therefore, it will be 'worth money' someday. Therefore, I should save as many of them as I can get." My local coin dealer has lost track of how many times people have come into his store, bearing rolls or bags of Ike dollars, Bicentennial coins, 50-state quarters and the like, expecting to leave the store with a fat check. They are shocked when, because of the hassle in handling these, he won't even offer them face value in exchange.These days, I regularly see high-grade 50-state quarters and even Bicentennial quarters in change, spent by the would-be rich. We also had silver certificates circulating alongside the FRNs for many years; and between 1933 (at the latest) and 1963, the only $1 bills in circulations were SCs. I didn't see my first $1 FRN until the fall of 1963.

The Susan B. Anthony dollar was doomed when, due to lobbying from the vending machine industry, the proposed 11-sided design was scrapped and replaced by a round design, making the coin almost impossible to distinguish from a quarter solely by touch. The new "golden dollars" have plain or lettered edges which were meant to eliminate this problem; but people confuse them with quarters that have worn reeding on their edges.

The second paragraph is even more laughable. As I pointed our earlier, actual silver dollars were not popular, outside the West, except as birthday or other presents Mintage was ceased for no other reason besides the real one -- namely, that the Mint had run out of silver with which to mint them. Yes, they had plenty of silver on hand; but they couldn't mint silver dollars without the consent of Congress (Article I, Section 8, y'know). That's why there are no silver dollars with dates from 1905-1920 and 1929-1933; and that's also why the 1964-D silver dollars never made it into production after trial strikes were made.

Then, there is this:

"The Fed maintain a ready supply of United States notes in hundred dollar denominations for redemption purposes should it be required, and coins are available to satisfy claims for smaller amounts."

Um... no. There used to be $100 USNs in various vaults, which were "circulated" by moving the pallets of wrapped notes from Point A to Point B in the warehouse; but as this link shows, the $100 USNs were destroyed some 20 years ago:

http://www.moneyfactory.gov/historicallegislation.html

As for the coins: yes, if you want to "redeem" your FRN, you can go to the bank and request coins in exchange; but good luck getting silver coins from the teller.

It's so sad to see someone, especially one who has an innocent newborn baby in his house, take the first sips of Merrillian kool-aid.... :( :( :(
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
jg
Fed Chairman of the Quatloosian Reserve

Re: If David didn't write this page, an acolyte did.

Post by jg »

It is no accident that the United States is without a dollar unit coin. In recent years the Eisenhower dollar coin received widespread acceptance, but the Treasury minted them in limited number which encouraged hoarding ...
Apparently the quoted page has not been updated in a few years.

The "Ike dollar" had a brief run from about 1971 through 1978, so the reference to "recent years" is apparently from the 1970s.

In more recent decades there have indeed been $1 coins, even if not used much in everyday commerce. For example, from http://catalog.usmint.gov/coin-programs ... l-1-coins/
The U.S. Mint launched the Presidential $1 Coin Program in 2007. The 10-year initiative includes one dollar coins featuring obverse designs honoring the Presidents in the order in which they served in office.
It is not clear to me to what degree these facts alter the premise(s) of the quoted site; but it is clear that there is little or no worth of the site that can be diminished (with the express exclusion of the site worthiness for grins and chuckles, of course) by the facts.

David Merrill is listed as the author of an article entitled Public Money vs. Private Credit on the site under a banner that says:
The following article explains the legalities in detail, along with the remedy. THIS IS NOT THEORY, THIS IS FACT. IGNORE THIS AND YOU DESERVE WHAT’S COMING:

More likely, accept that article as worth anything (but for amusement) and you do deserve what is coming.
“Where there is an income tax, the just man will pay more and the unjust less on the same amount of income.” — Plato
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

There is a dollar coin, it has been issued in recent years. Gold colored, a bit larger than a quarter, evidently done with different portraits in honor of the different states. I know this because these coins are used in the DC subway system magnetic card machines for change for large bills.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I think there has been a current dollar coin issued almost every year, and they all have the same failing, they resemble a quarter, and all of the ones I currently have, and I have a large dish full of them at this point, came to me in change as quarters. With the exception of the Post Office which got steamrolled in to setting their machines to return change in dollar coins, they are absolutely and utterly useless.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Pottapaug1938

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

notorial dissent wrote:I think there has been a current dollar coin issued almost every year, and they all have the same failing, they resemble a quarter, and all of the ones I currently have, and I have a large dish full of them at this point, came to me in change as quarters. With the exception of the Post Office which got steamrolled in to setting their machines to return change in dollar coins, they are absolutely and utterly useless.
The only way that we will get a functional dollar coin into regular use in this country will be to follow Canada's example: 1) stop printing dollar bills, which have such a short useful life, and 2) make the dollar coin in a way so that it can be distinguished, by touch, from other coins in one's pocket. The UK has the "round pound" and no 1 pound note; and the Euro zone has the 1 euro coin (and no 1 euro note).

When in Canada, I have no trouble distinguishing loonies from quarters (or even the old half dollars which I get down here and bring up there to spend).
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
bmxninja357
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by bmxninja357 »

but how do i exchange them for lawful money? oh, Sanhedrin.

lol. im tired so thats my two shekel dig at sfbkadmvp.

ninj
whoever said laughter is the best medicine never had gonorrhea....
Patriotdiscussions

Post by Patriotdiscussions »

Pottapaug1938 wrote:Over on Planet Merrill, a newbie from rural Alaska calling himself Sealhunter 31 (he gives his real name in his first post) talks about how, among other things, he wants to avoid registering the birth of his new son (poor baby....). He gives a link to a site known as http://www.stormthunder.com; and if our old friend David Merrill isn't writing for this site under a pseudonym/sockpuppet, he is of one mind with the creator of the site, who among other things repeats David's fantasy about how demanding lawful money transubstantiates FRNs into USNs.

My favorite parts, though, are these:

"It is no accident that the United States is without a dollar unit coin. In recent years the Eisenhower dollar coin received widespread acceptance, but the Treasury minted them in limited number which encouraged hoarding. This same fate befell the Kennedy half-dollars, which circulated as silver sandwiched clads between 1965 and 1969, and were hoarded for their intrinsic value and not spent. Next came the Susan B. Anthony dollar, an awkward coin which was instantly rejected as planned."

"The remaining unit is the privately issued Federal Reserve note unit dollar with no viable competitors. Back in 1935 the Fed had persuaded the Treasury to discontinue minting silver dollars because the public preferred them over dollar bills. That the public money system has become awkward, discouraging its use, is no accident. It was planned that way."

This is almost too easy. The Ike dollar, despite high mintages, failed to achieve wide circulation for the same reason as the old silver dollars -- they were too big and clunky to use in everyday commerce, and except in the West tended to stay in bank vaults (which is why so many survive today in high grades). If they were hoarded, it was because of a phenomenon which I've seen over the last 50 years: if an American sees an unusual coin, he or she thinks "I have not seen this coin before. Therefore, it is rare. therefore, it will be 'worth money' someday. Therefore, I should save as many of them as I can get." My local coin dealer has lost track of how many times people have come into his store, bearing rolls or bags of Ike dollars, Bicentennial coins, 50-state quarters and the like, expecting to leave the store with a fat check. They are shocked when, because of the hassle in handling these, he won't even offer them face value in exchange.These days, I regularly see high-grade 50-state quarters and even Bicentennial quarters in change, spent by the would-be rich. We also had silver certificates circulating alongside the FRNs for many years; and between 1933 (at the latest) and 1963, the only $1 bills in circulations were SCs. I didn't see my first $1 FRN until the fall of 1963.

The Susan B. Anthony dollar was doomed when, due to lobbying from the vending machine industry, the proposed 11-sided design was scrapped and replaced by a round design, making the coin almost impossible to distinguish from a quarter solely by touch. The new "golden dollars" have plain or lettered edges which were meant to eliminate this problem; but people confuse them with quarters that have worn reeding on their edges.

The second paragraph is even more laughable. As I pointed our earlier, actual silver dollars were not popular, outside the West, except as birthday or other presents Mintage was ceased for no other reason besides the real one -- namely, that the Mint had run out of silver with which to mint them. Yes, they had plenty of silver on hand; but they couldn't mint silver dollars without the consent of Congress (Article I, Section 8, y'know). That's why there are no silver dollars with dates from 1905-1920 and 1929-1933; and that's also why the 1964-D silver dollars never made it into production after trial strikes were made.

Then, there is this:

"The Fed maintain a ready supply of United States notes in hundred dollar denominations for redemption purposes should it be required, and coins are available to satisfy claims for smaller amounts."

Um... no. There used to be $100 USNs in various vaults, which were "circulated" by moving the pallets of wrapped notes from Point A to Point B in the warehouse; but as this link shows, the $100 USNs were destroyed some 20 years ago:

http://www.moneyfactory.gov/historicallegislation.html

As for the coins: yes, if you want to "redeem" your FRN, you can go to the bank and request coins in exchange; but good luck getting silver coins from the teller.

It's so sad to see someone, especially one who has an innocent newborn baby in his house, take the first sips of Merrillian kool-aid.... :( :( :(
You know that there are people who do not enumerate their child at birth, nor is a birth cert from the state needed.

A family bible with the day of birth is legal and is a hearsay exception.
chronistra
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by chronistra »

Patriotdiscussions wrote:You know that there are people who do not enumerate their child at birth, nor is a birth cert from the state needed.

Needed for what purpose? Legal for what purpose?

A family bible with the day of birth is legal evidence towards getting a delayed birth certificate, but by itself it's not even sufficient to let you register to vote in many states.
JennyD
Captain
Captain

Post by JennyD »

From the comments under one of the posts I think that David under a pseudonym wrote that site, I say this because David himself seems to be using the comments to push Savingsforsuckers every chance he gets..

As for PatriotDismay's comments:

You are so wrong, a family bible is not sufficient for legal purposes in the united states for proof of birth other than the aforementioned comment, a delayed BC, however when said child grows up and wants to go to school, drive, get a job, etc, they will need a government issued BC or they will be able to live on the street, and even then, it's iffy.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Personally, i love the gold dollar coins.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

Patriotdiscussions wrote: You know that there are people who do not enumerate their child at birth, nor is a birth cert from the state needed.

Aww, look, more drive-by irrelevancy. First of all a certificate of birth is issued with every single child born in the United States and is provided, in temporary form, before you leave the hospital. As such it lists the date and time of birth, parents (father and mother), place of birth, height, weight, etc. of the child. A legal format birth certificate is available later and is necessary for just about everything you do in life that involves the government. Need it to get a drivers license, enlist in the military, get any type of government benefits, apply for Social Security, used for getting a passport, first apply for school, etc. So... both statements in the first sentence are wrong, go figure. Second statement has been previously debunked.

So what, exactly, does this have to do with DMVP's crappy theory?
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
AndyK
Illuminatian Revenue Supremo Emeritus

Post by AndyK »

REMEMBER: Cheap shots at David Merrill are neither permitted nor tolerated.

David can not (unless he assumes some alias) post here any longer and, thus, can not defend himself against any bad-mouthing.

So, play nice.
Taxes are the price we pay for a free society and to cover the responsibilities of the evaders
AndyK
Illuminatian Revenue Supremo Emeritus

Post by AndyK »

Patriotdiscussions wrote:
Pottapaug1938 wrote:Over on Planet Merrill, a newbie from rural Alaska calling himself Sealhunter 31 (he gives his real name in his first post) talks about how, among other things, he wants to avoid registering the birth of his new son

You know that there are people who do not enumerate their child at birth, nor is a birth cert from the state needed.

As usual, PD totally overlooked or intentionally misunderstood the RELEVANT portion of the statement: 'Sealhunter31' intends to avoid any form of government-related documentation with respect to his son. That has absolutely NOTHING to do with PD's blather regarding exceptions to in-hospital generated documentation.

It is true that annotated family bibles, and assorted other documents and testimony, have been adjudged to be valid and legal substitutes for a missing birth certificate. HOWEVER, such documentation is valid only in specifically-defined instances -- usually with respect to obtaining some other form of government document such as a drivers' license or a Social Security card.

As previous posters have clearly stated, as the child grows up, the annotated bible, BY ITSELF, won't be of any use other than as an interesting paperweight.
Taxes are the price we pay for a free society and to cover the responsibilities of the evaders
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

AndyK wrote:As usual, PD totally overlooked or intentionally misunderstood the RELEVANT portion of the statement:
He also quoted an entire ~800 word posting just to make a two-sentence comment about the *FIRST* sentence in the posting.

That's either stupid or rude (or both).
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

LPC wrote:That's either stupid or rude (or both).
Or lazy. It could be lazy.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Pirate Purveyor of the Last Word

Post by . »

Troll. From start to finish. And he should be finished.
All the States incorporated daughter corporations for transaction of business in the 1960s or so. - Some voice in Van Pelt's head, circa 2006.
JamesVincent

Post by JamesVincent »

It's funny, so many people we see on here rail against the All Mighty Birth Certificate when, in essence, all it does is to give you the ability to prove that you were born in a certain place and a certain way to receive the rights you are due as a citizen. In other countries people have marched for years and fought just for the right to be given a birth certificate and to be able to prove they are citizens and, in many places, are still denied the right to that little piece of paper. I'll quote a little piece out of the Wiki article:
Birth registration opens the door to rights to children and adults which many other human beings take for granted: to prove their age; to prove their nationality; to receive healthcare; to go to school; to take exams; to be adopted; to protection from under-age military service or conscription; to marry; open a bank account; to hold a driving licence; to obtain a passport; to inherit money or property; and to vote or stand for elected office.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birth_certificate

You can't prove you're a citizen, you don't have any rights in many places.

Pottapaug1938

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

JamesVincent wrote:It's funny, so many people we see on here rail against the All Mighty Birth Certificate when, in essence, all it does is to give you the ability to prove that you were born in a certain place and a certain way to receive the rights you are due as a citizen. In other countries people have marched for years and fought just for the right to be given a birth certificate and to be able to prove they are citizens and, in many places, are still denied the right to that little piece of paper. I'll quote a little piece out of the Wiki article:
Birth registration opens the door to rights to children and adults which many other human beings take for granted: to prove their age; to prove their nationality; to receive healthcare; to go to school; to take exams; to be adopted; to protection from under-age military service or conscription; to marry; open a bank account; to hold a driving licence; to obtain a passport; to inherit money or property; and to vote or stand for elected office.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birth_certificate

You can't prove you're a citizen, you don't have any rights in many places.
If I remember correctly, the sovrun obsession with birth certificates includes, among other things, the fact that they have serial numbers (just like currency) and are often printed on banknote-style stock (just like currency); so they must be money -- just like currency.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Patriotdiscussions wrote: You know that there are people who do not enumerate their child at birth, nor is a birth cert from the state needed.

And it is another swing and a miss for Sovrunidjitjibber. It is a legal requirement in all 50 states that a birth, like a death has to be reported, registered in other words, so the people doing that are not only stupid in the extreme, but are breaking the law, and ultimately gifting their children, and probably themselves, with a whole series of legal problems when they get older.

Recording anything in a family bible is pure hearsay and not acceptable in any court except in very limited cases with a lot of supporting evidence to go with it, making it largely useless.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
JamesVincent

Post by JamesVincent »

I remember seeing three different cases where a family Bible was able to be used as a legal proof of birth, even then it was only one of multiple documents required. You can use it to get a social security card, a passport, or to register to vote. The first two basically require you to use it to get a delayed birth certificate if memory serves and the last is up to the voter's registration board to decide on. The Bible by itself is not enough, it must be accompanied by other documentation like census records or other government surveys, something noting the birth like a local newspaper, and a certificate of no record from the hospital, IIRC. An affidavit from the delivering doctor or midwife would probably also suffice. The Bible is, by no means, a single source of birth information. Which is still moot in this country since, as been noted, every birth is required by law to be registered and a birth in a hospital is automatically registered, whether you want it or not. These exceptions are meant for people of age when the record keeping was not as good, hence, none.