Another Source of Unintended Comedy Is Gone

The Observer
Further Moderator

Re: Another Source of Unintended Comedy Is Gone

Post by The Observer »

LPC wrote:And now he's done it again, driving home the point that, as far as he is concerned, nothing that anyone writes (other than him) has any value whatsoever. So LH is now all PH, all the time, and nothing else. You can read what he writes in his "newsletters," and you can comment on what he writes, and maybe he'll even allow it to be published if you agree with him and are properly deferential, but everyone else can go to hell.
And that is his lifeview: everyone else can go to hell. That is why he got people to file for refunds they were not legally entitled to, because he could care less what would happen to them once the refunds were denied and they started getting hit with penalties and assessments. I can't see that he ever offered anything in the way of an answer to the Crackheads about how to handle this mess, other than that they should just keep fighting back, keep reading CtC and keep digging the hole they are in. And his behavior, which suggests some form of being sociopathic, isn't limited to just strangers and casual acquaintances; he essentially told his own wife "to go to hell" by maneuvering or supporting her into a confrontation with the court that will probably result in jail time for her.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

Pottapaug1938 wrote:Maybe one of Petey's acolytes (I'm thinking of "ronin" -- masterless Samurai) will take up the balsawood cudgel with a new site, and see if they can continue the hustle effort.
Well, there is this forum:

http://www.codebusters.org/index.php?si ... b557c4064c

But, no one has posted there since January 11, 2015.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Petey's schtick was simply a different variation of the "magic words" hustle. You had to use the "magic words" of CtC, EXACTLY as set forth in CtC, without addition, subtraction or variation. If you lost in court, then it was because you did not strictly follow the Gospel according to Petey.

In the end, we are left with Petey's massive ego-massage, and a lot of destroyed lives.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Famspear wrote:
Pottapaug1938 wrote:Maybe one of Petey's acolytes (I'm thinking of "ronin" -- masterless Samurai) will take up the balsawood cudgel with a new site, and see if they can continue the hustle effort.
Well, there is this forum:

http://www.codebusters.org/index.php?si ... b557c4064c

But, no one has posted there since January 11, 2015.
Ah, at codebusters dot org, a user called "smudge" has now posted the sad news about the closing of the losthorizons forum.

:cry:

Maybe that will generate some reactive commentary by Pathetic Pete's Primarily Pooped Participants.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

I'm sure that the few remaining Crackheads will grasp at any straw to keep the shredded flag of CtC Truth flying. The Codebusters site will be well worth a laugh look.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

I wonder how Pete and Doreen Hendrickson have been generating income in recent years. I'm suspecting that finding meaningful employment might have been a problem for Pete since he was released from prison. I don't get the impression that he and Doreen are independently wealthy, so I assume they may well have been struggling.

With Doreen being on her way to the federal slammer some time in the not-so-distant future, and with (presumably) only Prevaricating, Pontificating Pete to support the family financially, what are the odds that Pete might decide that the entire losthorizons web site needs to be discontinued as a cost-saving measure? Does anyone here know what it should cost, on average, for Pete to maintain a web site such as losthorizons dot com?
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Codebusters as I recall was but a pale imitation of the great one, but mainly put up so that the proprietor could revel in the adulation of the voices in his head. It was never as entertaining or clever as Prattlin’ Pete’s pile o’ and the proprietor was never very entertaining the few times he was here, and managed fairly early on to get himself banished from the home world for daring to disagree with the great one. Terrifyingly he wasn’t of Pete’s intellectual caliber or sterling wit, but mostly he just didn’t get along with anyone. I don’t really suspect that to have changed. Poor CTC'ers, got totally screwed for taking up with the Great One, and then the final irony of being totally dumped and abandoned by him like yesterday's used gefillte fish. Poor poor bunnies.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Blowhard Hendrickson wrote:...My purpose in setting up the forum and maintaining it for what has been about ten years now was to give CtC-educated Americans a means of sharing inspiration, ideas and activist energy with each other by virtue of which they could more vigorously and effectively help spread CtC's liberating information.

[ . . . ]

However, in recent years the forum has become infected with trolls, silver-bullet fantasies and delusions about supposed missing pieces or hitherto unremarked "deep magic". It is now much more a means by which folks are diverted off the path of confident and productive activism and into useless, sidelining and often actively harmful cognitive bramble-patches instead.....
In other words, the losthorizons online forum became a place for Hendrickson's Heroes to commiserate and try to figure out why the Cracking the Code "non-method" method doesn't work for them. It became a place for them to ask each other for practical solutions to their Hendrickson-induced federal tax problems, including the frivolous penalties asserted by the Internal Revenue Service for having used Pathetic Pete's scam on their own tax returns.

Pete got tired of being reminded that his tax theories are (to put it mildly) riddled with missing pieces.

It's hard to find the time or energy for "confidence" and "productive activism" in opposition to federal income taxes, when the "non-method" method you are using has so many missing pieces.

As the Blowhard wrote, his forum became:
.....a place to which some folks very unwisely resort for answers to questions.....
....asking questions in lieu of what Pete? In lieu of what? In what activity should your dimwitted followers have been engaged in lieu of trying desperately to get out from under the damage these doofuses caused themselves by using your scheme?
......in lieu of the more demanding but hugely more fruitful study of what is presented in CtC [Cracking the Code] itself or on losthorizons.com....
In other words, Pete got tired of his acolytes using his forum to try to find the missing pieces, the answers to their own real world tax problems -- problems Pete himself helped them to create. Pete got tired of reading about the problems. Pete had wanted the forum to be used as a Place Where Pete Could Be Lifted Up, a Place dedicated to His Glory, a Holy Place of Reverence to (and Joyous Worship of) Him.
notorial dissent

I think Pete got tired of listening to the ever mounting list of failures directly attributable to his genius, and the recriminating comments he was beginning to get.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

notorial dissent wrote:I think Pete got tired of listening to the ever mounting list of failures directly attributable to his genius, and the recriminating comments he was beginning to get.
Bingo.
Peter Hendrickson wrote:...My purpose in setting up the forum and maintaining it for what has been about ten years now was to give CtC-educated Americans a means of sharing inspiration, ideas and activist energy with each other by virtue of which they could more vigorously and effectively help spread CtC's liberating information.
And instead he got questions about how to fight frivolous return penalties, and reports of losses in court.

Reality was encroaching on the "sharing inspiration, ideas and activist energy," so it was time to shut the forum down.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

LPC wrote:And instead he got questions about how to fight frivolous return penalties, and reports of losses in court.
Well, maybe that could be Pete's next book: "Fracking the FrivPen."

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
notorial dissent

LPC, don't forget that was multiple mounting, and irrefutable failures. That was the constant theme, not just that they were failing, but failing repeatedly.
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

notorial dissent wrote:....that was multiple mounting.....
Sounds like one of the fun things I did when I was young and sowing my wild oats.....

.......oh, wait, maybe I just dreamed that.......

:Axe:
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

LPC wrote:Reality was encroaching on the "sharing inspiration, ideas and activist energy," so it was time to shut the forum down.
notorial dissent wrote:LPC, don't forget that was multiple mounting, and irrefutable failures. That was the constant theme, not just that they were failing, but failing repeatedly.
I think the other factor that was playing here was that Pete's strategy was not based on getting wins in court for CtC so much as it was attracting more and more adherents who would be willing to take one for the team, in the hope that sheer numbers would overwhelm the government and force it to give up. This is no different than what Larken Rose and Irwin Schiff tried to do. But of course the problem with this approach is that the number of people willing to get pounded into the ground and suffer losses is terribly finite. This is a problem faced by those fanatic leaders who convince people to strap on suicide bomb vests and go into a crowded venue. After a while, everyone notices that dying for a cause that is going nowhere is not really an attractive proposal.

I think Pete got frustrated that the CtCers had drifted away from making posts that would paint CtC in a positive light that would lead to more people joining up. But posts that whined about frivpens and asking for help that could not be provided do not encourage new people to sign up.

Famspear

Post by Famspear »

The Observer wrote:.....I think the other factor that was playing here was that Pete's strategy was not based on getting wins in court for CtC so much as it was attracting more and more adherents who would be willing to take one for the team......

.....I think Pete got frustrated that the CtCers had drifted away from making posts that would paint CtC in a positive light that would lead to more people joining up. But posts that whined about frivpens and asking for help that could not be provided do not encourage new people to sign up.
Excellent points.
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

The Observer wrote:.........I think Pete got frustrated that the CtCers had drifted away from making posts that would paint CtC in a positive light.......
Pete is the poster child for Narcissistic Personality Disorder. "Painting CtC in a positive light" is really, for him, "painting Pete Himself in a positive light."

Too much of the commentary in the forum was not About Pete Himself. Too much of the commentary illustrated that the Cracking the Code scheme really wasn't accepted by his minions as The Total Answer.

He finally got fed up with the fact that the losthorizons forum was not what he had intended it to be: a Place Of Praise For Pete. He wanted to be able to read the posts and thereby be continually re-assured that He Himself is Who He Wants To Believe He Is.

8)
Hyrion
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Hyrion »

notorial dissent wrote:That was the constant theme, not just that they were failing, but failing repeatedly.
And consistently....

Even the most dense individuals eventually clue in "plan A absolutely does not work - no, it's not missing a little change, it simply does not work at all".
notorial dissent

I think Observer is right, that other than the money Petey wanted hordes of followers and that he probably did think if got enough deluded people they could overwhelm the system. The problem was, that there just weren't enough of the correctly delusional to fill out Pete's army, rather like a bad ponzi that collapsed of its own inertia. I do agree with Famspear too, it was all about the fawning adoration that he expected from his legions of followers that never materialized.

Does this mean that there are a finite number of stupid people, or that stupidity is finite?