12 Years Before the Mast

Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

12 Years Before the Mast

Post by Dr. Caligari »

I just realized that last Friday was 12 years since I first joined the illustrious company of Quatloosers. Since that time, we have seen one tax protester after another go to their legally-deserved reward: Irwin Schiff, Bonita Lynn Meredith, Michael Simkanin, Wesley Snipes, Kent Hovind, Ed & Elaine Brown, Peter & Doreen Hendrickson, and others too numerous to mention.

I want to thank all the people who make this board run for twelve years of education and entertainment. Plus, special thanks to all of our new members from the U.K., for providing lots of new entertainment just when the wackos in the U.S. seemed to be becoming a dying breed.
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Re: 12 Years Before the Mast

Post by Famspear »

Dr. Caligari wrote:.....just when the wackos in the U.S. seemed to be becoming a dying breed.
I have also noticed that the number of Wackadoosters - oops, I mean "patriots" and "freedom lovers" -- seems to have diminished considerably over the past few years.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

I've been observing it for years now. At times my postings about Canadian fools have been far more numerous than all of the postings about your American idiots. Now we've all been swept out to sea by the Brits. That one came out of nowhere.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
NYGman
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by NYGman »

Congratulations on the 12 years... On the lack of US FMOTL/TAX Protestors I wonder if the IRS enforcement is starting to show results. I think you still have the fly by night tax preparer who comes in to town works the churches and underprivileged areas promising big refunds, and filing fraudulent returns, but we seem to have lost all the good Guru's (probably the last remaining is Pete H, a former shell of himself) and nothing new on the why we shouldn't pay tax front has really shown itself the last few years. I miss debunking new theories. I fear the UK crazies are overtaking our crazies. WE still have the general FMOTL tax protestors, but that is more a general rejection of all laws rather than a specific tax position that eliminates tax. Ahh the good old days of sham trusts, lawful money, OID forms, s. 861, etc
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

It has become rather sedate - the worst of the worst have eventually been exposed by their own tool - the 'net.

But it's just a matter of time before the next lower-caste wannabe finds an audience and the cycle repeats itself.

Count on the predators to plow the ground of those who haven't the savvy, or access to the internet resources.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

Irwin Schiff, Bonita Lynn Meredith, Michael Simkanin, Wesley Snipes, Kent Hovind, Ed & Elaine Brown, Peter & Doreen Hendrickson
How could I have forgotten Larkin Rose? He was huge for a while.
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Dr. Caligari wrote:
Irwin Schiff, Bonita Lynn Meredith, Michael Simkanin, Wesley Snipes, Kent Hovind, Ed & Elaine Brown, Peter & Doreen Hendrickson
How could I have forgotten Larkin Rose? He was huge for a while.
If you want to trek down memory lane you can visit Larken here;

https://www.facebook.com/larken.rose.7

I occasionally drop in on him from time to enjoy insightful postings like this;
I pride myself on being a thoughtful moderate who knows how to compromise--not like those fringe extremists out there. For example, while I don't want excessive amounts of murder, I do advocate a reasonable, limited amount of murder. Advocating NO murder is idealistic and utopian, and not at all realistic. I mean come on, show me one country where there has been no murder! It's up to those enlightened and progressive folk among us (like me) to make sure that we have just the right amount of murder, in such a way that it best serves the common good. If we let those anti-murder extremists have their way, it would be chaos and mayhem--and it would lead to even more murder! So ignoring the silly extremists on both sides, let's have a civil, polite and rational discussion about what the ideal amount of murder might be.
Larken thinks of nothing but serving the common good!
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Well the last time i made a post that mentioned the name of the peach sheeted death-faster, he showed up the next day after several years absence. I could try summoning him again, if you like.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Parvati
Demigoddess of Volatile Benevolence

Post by Parvati »

Burnaby49 wrote: I occasionally drop in on him from time to enjoy insightful postings like this;
I pride myself on being a thoughtful moderate who knows how to compromise--not like those fringe extremists out there. For example, while I don't want excessive amounts of murder, I do advocate a reasonable, limited amount of murder. Advocating NO murder is idealistic and utopian, and not at all realistic. I mean come on, show me one country where there has been no murder! It's up to those enlightened and progressive folk among us (like me) to make sure that we have just the right amount of murder, in such a way that it best serves the common good. If we let those anti-murder extremists have their way, it would be chaos and mayhem--and it would lead to even more murder! So ignoring the silly extremists on both sides, let's have a civil, polite and rational discussion about what the ideal amount of murder might be.
Larken thinks of nothing but serving the common good!
... :shock: This is approaching Poe's Law territory. If I'd not been seeing posts about this guy for years, I'd swear he was trolling or engaging in some poorly executed Colbert-esque roleplay.
"The risk in becoming very intimate with a moldie Parvati is that she may unexpectedly become a Kali and take your head."--Rudy Rucker, Freeware
“Most men would kill the truth if truth would kill their religion.”--Lemuel K. Washburn.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I always just put it down to Barkin' Larkin having slipped the dual leashes of sanity and reality a very long time ago. I really don't think he's changed all that much, but maybe his stint at the Greybar cooled his ardor for such adventure. Sometimes enlightened self interest comes along even when sense and sanity don't.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.