Ed and Elaine Brown Property Sold at Auction

The Observer
Further Moderator

Re: Ed and Elaine Brown Property Sold at Auction

Post by The Observer »

webhick wrote:I kind of want to start a Kickstarter or something to buy and renovate the property so I can turn it into a Paintball Bed & Breakfast.

Guests pretend to part of an up-and-coming militia group while "government invaders" try to take the compound. Do you want to go with your significant other, but don't want to participate in the festivities? Get the Ed & Elaine package! Luxuriate in the roof-top jacuzzi and watch the action from a safe distance...but be careful, if the "government" succeeds, the participants will hide in the secret basement like scared little bitches while you get your ass shot.
I guess I have to be against this idea only because sooner or later you will add a Dogwalker event and there's only so much humiliation that should be handed out in a weekend's stay.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

webhick wrote:I kind of want to start a Kickstarter or something to buy and renovate the property so I can turn it into a Paintball Bed & Breakfast.

Guests pretend to part of an up-and-coming militia group while "government invaders" try to take the compound. Do you want to go with your significant other, but don't want to participate in the festivities? Get the Ed & Elaine package! Luxuriate in the roof-top jacuzzi and watch the action from a safe distance...but be careful, if the "government" succeeds, the participants will hide in the secret basement like scared little bitches while you get your ass shot.
And as evening puts an end to the day's activities, it's time for the solemn closing ceremony, the Dogwalk.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Oops, someone had the same thought, but took it in a different direction.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

grixit wrote:Oops, someone had the same thought, but took it in a different direction.
Ok, so one vote for humiliating the guests further at Ed and Elaine's Paintball B&B.

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

You know, if the town ends up eating the tax loss, it wipes out half of their rainy day fund that I'm guessing took quite a while to accumulate. Phuckwad Ed would thus manage to screw everyone, his wife, the followers who went to jail, the poor dog (never heard where the dog ended up, and the dog is the only one I can think of who was totally blameless so far) and indeed, the whole damn town.

Talking about some serious collateral damages.....
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

This is why they need a paintball resort. It would not only bring tourism dollars to the town, but I'm sure there's some way to help replenish the funds. Like a collection bin, paying off-duty officers through the town to pretend to be the government infiltrators, donating a portion of the proceeds, etc.

The dog went to a nice home. She's probably the only one who wasn't screwed.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

I decided to see whatever happened to the version of Bates Hotel that Ed Brown erected in New Hampshire. We last discussed this 5 years ago and I just plain forgot that there was a buyer who was trying to do something with the house in flipping it. And to a bit of a surprise, the property has exchanged hands - twice. Once in 2019 and again in 2019. The prices were $315K and $349K respectively. Then it sat for the next 3 years while being listed twice for sale.

And the listing price now is asking S1.395 million. And there is an apparent reason for that price. The owner has sunk a lot of money into dressing up the place and trying to make it look appealable to the common home buyer.

https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale/8 ... ct/18_zm/

But some of Ed's "features" are still apparent - especially the watchtowers he designed. And the weird room layouts are still evident, though the owner went through and finished all the rooms with quality materials including flooring, walls and windows. Furnishing also improve the appeal of the home, though it is apparent that the owner has no idea how or desire to furnish the tallest watchtower room. It also looks like some good landscaping and an exterior garage were added as well.

Whether it's worth 1.395 milllion or not is another question. But it still includes the 100+ acres so that may be a prime consideration or argument for the new price.

eric
Trivial Observer of Great War

Post by eric »

The Observer wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:55 pm Whether it's worth 1.395 milllion or not is another question. But it still includes the 100+ acres so that may be a prime consideration or argument for the new price.
Before I put a penny into it I would have a structural engineer take a look at it. OK, background - in my varying career life I've done a lot of work with ICF as this home is claimed to be made of. One characteristic of ICF is it's really expensive to put in anything but right angles - a single 45 costs as much as five 90's and this house has too many angles so they may have been cheating somehow. The other characteristic of ICF construction is its excellent insulation. How good? Properly built ICF houses in much colder places in Canada like around here can claim only to run their heating system every two or three days and that's with highs of minus 20 Celsius for a month. Therefore they only have the absolute minimum heating system required by code. Somehow this pile needs both baseboard electric plus an oil fired furnace - something is leaking bad here.
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Post by Arthur Rubin »

eric wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 12:34 am Before I put a penny into it I would have a structural engineer take a look at it.
I think I'd want to make sure the ordinance was removed....
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95
Number Six
Hereditary Margrave of Mooloosia

Post by Number Six »

One of the towns not far from Hanover. Curious on whether there are any statistics on whether the "live free or die" state attracts more shady characters than other New England states such as Vermont? I've never had a good feeling about the Granite state.
'There are two kinds of injustice: the first is found in those who do an injury, the second in those who fail to protect another from injury when they can.' (Roman. Cicero, De Off. I. vii)

'Choose loss rather than shameful gains.' (Chilon Fr. 10. Diels)
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Number Six wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 12:14 am One of the towns not far from Hanover. Curious on whether there are any statistics on whether the "live free or die" state attracts more shady characters than other New England states such as Vermont? I've never had a good feeling about the Granite state.
They have attracted a bunch of "Free State" people over the years; and in some small towns, they control town government.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools