Chiropractor Convicted of Passing Phony Finanancial Instruments

The Observer
Further Moderator

Chiropractor Convicted of Passing Phony Finanancial Instruments

Post by The Observer »

Dr. Phillip Roberts, who was represented by Oscar Stilley, wound up with a 17 month sentence, for trying to give the Secretary of Treasury false financial instruments, presumably to "pay" his tax liabilities.
He had an outstanding federal income tax liability of over $2,000,000, for tax years 1991 through 2004. In 2008, Roberts filed a series of false and fraudulent documents with the IRS in an effort to obstruct and impede the tax laws, the release stated.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Re: Chirorpacter Convicted of Passing Phony Finanancial Instruments

Post by notorial dissent »

Ah yes, Silly Stilly, the legal gift that just keeps on giving. I wonder how many more of his clients are either still in jail or awaiting their time in the greybar?
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
noblepa
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by noblepa »

What did he do, try to pay his taxes with his secret birth account at the US treasury?
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

The article doesn't provide the particular nonsense that our good chiropracter was relying on for submitting the phony check/certificate. Not that it is really necessary, the ones issued early on when this scam started were designed to look like certified checks issued by financial institutions; of course they lacked having the name of a legitimate institution on the document, instead the name of the scammer or his entity that sold it to the mark might appear on it with some ridiculous pseudo-legal title.

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
ASITStands
17th Viscount du Voolooh

Post by ASITStands »

From the Indictment . . .

MANNER AND MEANS

3. On numerous occasions between on or about January 1, 2008 and about August 10, 2008, ROBERTS submitted, among other documentation, the following documentation to the IRS in an effort to obstruct and impede efforts to collect his unpaid tax liability:

a. two IRS Forms 56 - "Notice Concerning Fiduciary Relationship," falsely naming Secretary of the Treasury Henry Paulson Jr. as a fiduciary for ROBERTS;

b. a fraudulent "Secured Promissory Note," (number R30004) falsely claiming that Secretary of the Treasury Henry Paulson Jr., and IRS Commissioner Douglas Schulman were involved in a cash transaction with ROBERTS in the amount of $2,500,000.00;

c. two fraudulent "Private Offset Bonds," (numbers PR7554630 and PR7554353) falsely claiming that the Secretary of the Treasury Henry Paulson Jr., was involved in a cash transaction with ROBERTS in the amount of $300,000,000.00 for each bond;

d. two fraudulent "Bonded Promissory Notes," (numbers R30001 and R30002) falsely claiming that Secretary of the Treasury Henry Paulson Jr., and IRS employees DP, KH, and PK were involved in a cash transaction with ROBERTS in the amount of $300,000,000.00 for each note;

e. two fraudulent "Private Discharging and Indemnity Bonds," (numbers 7554P626R and 7554P975R) falsely claiming that Secretary of the Treasury Henry Paulson Jr., was involved in a cash transaction with ROBERTS in the amount of $300,000,000.00 for each bond;

f. a fraudulent "Private Offset Bond," (numbers PR7554084) falsely claiming that Secretary of the Treasury Henry Paulson Jr., was involved in a cash transaction with ROBERTS in the amount of $300,000,000.00; and

g. three IRS Forms 1099 OID ("Original Issue Discount"), claiming payments to IRS employees DP, KH, and PK, when ROBERTS had made no such payments.

. . . have fun with that
Pirate Purveyor of the Last Word

Post by . »

So, he owes 2 mill plus and comes up with 2.5 mill in gibberish bogus instruments.

Then, he goes straight to 300 mill on all the rest of his nonsense. Hey, why mess around? You're going to prison, so you may as well go big.

I do wonder about his "Private Offset Bond" numbering system. PR7554084 and PR7554353 and PR7554630. Same for his "Private Discharging and Indemnity Bonds." 7554P626R and 7554P975R. Was he throwing darts?

His bogus notes, R30001, R30002 and R30004 make slightly more sense even though they seem to be out of order, but who got R30003? Will it be a Christmas present to some unsuspecting IRS employee?

As for the obligatory 1099-OID junk, did he file the requisite 1096 transmittal? Probably not. I'll bet he didn't show any giant withholding on those three IRS employees, either. Unlike, say, the massive withholding he would have credited himself with on any normal bogus 1099-OID filing.

Very tacky. No class at all. Then again, he's a back-cracker, so it kind of figures.

I doubt he's a "chirorpacter" so someone should correct the spelling in the title of this thread.
All the States incorporated daughter corporations for transaction of business in the 1960s or so. - Some voice in Van Pelt's head, circa 2006.
AndyK
Illuminatian Revenue Supremo Emeritus

Post by AndyK »

. wrote:I do wonder about his "Private Offset Bond" numbering system. PR7554084 and PR7554353 and PR7554630. Same for his "Private Discharging and Indemnity Bonds." 7554P626R and 7554P975R. Was he throwing darts?
The sovereignorami tend to use USPS Registered Mail numbers for their bogus financial documents.

It appears there's some mystical power associated with them.
Taxes are the price we pay for a free society and to cover the responsibilities of the evaders
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

AndyK wrote: ...
The sovereignorami tend to use USPS Registered Mail numbers for their bogus financial documents.

It appears there's some mystical power associated with them.
Ah ... the ultimate power of succumbing to the ZIP code, perhaps? :shrug:
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
The Observer
Further Moderator

Re: Chiropractor Convicted of Passing Phony Finanancial Instruments

Post by The Observer »

On the twelfth day of Christmas my guru got for me:

Twelve years in prison,
Eleven days in federal court,
Ten phony liens against the judges,
Nine private offset bonds,
Eight briefs at a thousand pages,
Seven fradulent promissory notes,
Six zero-incomes returns,
Five large FrivPens!
Four OIDs,
Three IRS seizures,
Two corporations soles
And a divorce from one angry wife.

Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

The Observer wrote:On the twelfth day of Christmas my guru got for me:

Twelve years in prison,
Eleven days in federal court,
Ten phony liens against the judges,
Nine private offset bonds,
Eight briefs at a thousand pages,
Seven fradulent promissory notes,
Six zero-incomes returns,
Five large FrivPens!
Four OIDs,
Three IRS seizures,
Two corporations soles
And a divorce from one angry wife.
That's almost Famspearian
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
ASITStands
17th Viscount du Voolooh

Post by ASITStands »

By the way, it's important to note that Oscar Stilley had nothing to do with THIS indictment (he's in prison) Roberts was defended by Lassiter & Cassinelli out of Little Rock, AR

If memory serves me, Stilley defended Roberts on earlier charges (and, I'm too lazy to look it up) Roberts showed up at the Stilley trial and seemed generally repentant at that time.

Must have met a "new" guru (I'll leave the guru experts to figure that one out)
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

ASITStands wrote:By the way, it's important to note.....
By the way, it's important to note that it's good to hear from you! It's been a while!

:)
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
ASITStands
17th Viscount du Voolooh

Post by ASITStands »

Famspear wrote:
ASITStands wrote:By the way, it's important to note.....
By the way, it's important to note that it's good to hear from you! It's been a while!

:)
yes, Famspear, it's been a long while . . .

I've regularly scanned these pages, but much of my life's been taken up with my wife's health. Not complaining, cause you do what you have to do for those you love. Hope everyone's doing fine and wishing them a good holiday.

Roberts was on my mailing list for awhile, and we regularly "shot down" tax protester arguments, but some people just remain stubborn. As I remember, he was angry at how he was treated which he thought was "roughly" and "unfairly"

It takes some people longer to realize they've been utterly wrong. It's sad that it takes prison for some.