National Rebate Fund / Timothy Stubbs fugitive

Lambkin
Warder of the Quatloosian Gibbet

National Rebate Fund / Timothy Stubbs fugitive

Post by Lambkin »

http://www.gjsentinel.com/news/articles ... sentencing
Federal authorities are looking for a former Grand Junction business owner convicted of tax evasion who failed Tuesday to show at his sentencing hearing in Denver.
Stubbs acted as his own attorney during his September trial, arguing to the jury he wasn’t required to pay federal income taxes. Former owner and president of National Rebate Fund Inc. from 2005 to 2007, Stubbs’ firm contracted with merchants of energy-efficient products to provide third-party rebates to retail customers, earning more than $7 million in two years, according to the U.S. Attorney’s Office.
Stubbs, who defended himself at trial after firing four defense lawyers since his indictment in October 2013, had unsuccessfully sought to introduce various anti-tax literature in his defense.
Lambkin
Warder of the Quatloosian Gibbet

Re: National Rebate Fund / Timothy Stubbs fugitive

Post by Lambkin »

http://www.montrosepress.com/news/feds- ... 7b9eb.html
Even as his tax evasion case was pending, Stubbs continued to defy federal rules, the sentencing document says: While he told the court he needed flexibility on a curfew so that he could attend a work conference, Stubbs hosted a tax protest seminar that purported to show people how to “become tax exempt forever” and “get yourself on the law enforcement’s ‘DO NOT DETAIN LIST.’”

At trial, it emerged that Stubbs hadn’t filed an income tax return since 1992 and that NRF never filed a corporate return. The company sold more than $50 million in face value of rebates for a four-year period, grossing more than $7 million and more than $2 million in profit. Stubbs’ personal income over a three-year period exceeded $2.1 million, which Stubbs used to fund a lavish lifestyle that included property purchases in Grand Junction, Crested Butte and Kailua-Kona, Hawaii.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

.....Stubbs, who defended himself at trial after firing four defense lawyers since his indictment in October 2013.....
Gosh, it's so hard to find good "help" these days, ain't it, Mister Stubbs?

:roll:
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

:sarcasmon: Gosh - I'm shocked, I tell, you, really shocked that a wealthy tax evader/protester somehow managed to be wandering around free while your average everyday completely penniless common drug possession criminal is languishing behind bars while we pay for his his family's upkeep. :twisted:
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
Pirate Purveyor of the Last Word

Post by . »

Hmm. So, what's the limit on how many times you can fire your lawyers as a criminal defendant?

Sure, there's great deference given to the right to counsel as there should be, but when (if ever) does firing your (maybe free, court-appointed) counsel become delay/obstruction on the part of the defendant? 6 times? 8 times? Is there a limit or is it always a "reasonableness" thing?

There are some criminal guys here. Er, wait, that doesn't sound quite right. Make that some current or former criminal defense lawyers who might know a thing or two about this.

And, post-conviction, what judge in his right mind allows a guy who claims to be a goofy sov-cit to remain free on only 50K (cost to him of a 500K bond from the usual bondsman) when he has 2 mill of unreported income to play with and has fired his lawyers 4 times? Why wasn't bail revoked and the sov-cit sent directly into custody where he can do his appeals at his (and our) leisure?

I'm not following the reasoning there.
All the States incorporated daughter corporations for transaction of business in the 1960s or so. - Some voice in Van Pelt's head, circa 2006.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Mr. Stubbs is now the proud owner of 88 months in federal prison, after Costa Rica deported him. The Costa Rican government discovered there were some "irregularities" with the documents he had filed for extending his residency in Costa Rica. Wait a minute, you say, Costa Rica? How could that have happened? The court made him turn in his passport, no?
Though Stubbs admitted to having $585,000 in assets in Costa Rica and $370,000 in silver and gold he bought with the proceeds of the rebate scheme, he used his mother’s and sister’s homes to secure bond after his conviction, prior to sentencing. He relinquished his passport to authorities as part of his bond, so it’s not clear how he left the country.
But Stubbs is a resourceful fellow:
Two weeks before he was scheduled for sentencing in the federal case, Stubbs removed his ankle monitoring bracelet and left Colorado, federal authorities said. They accused Stubbs of timing his departure on Dec. 20 because the federal agencies would be short-staffed around the holidays and less likely to apprehend him.

His girlfriend at the time, Lynn Connie Mongrill, who is now his wife, is documented as entering Costa Rica a month later from Nicaragua, on Jan. 25, 2016, though there’s no record of Stubbs accompanying her.

“It is believed he walked through an unmanned checkpoint or used a passport in someone else’s name,” court documents said.
You can read the rest of it here.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

I thought perhaps some here might be interested in The Treaty of the House of Stubbs. Why, it has a red-ink thumbprint and a postage stamp of an ornate teapot on each page. Timothy made a deal with himself, sealed it, and toasted himself with . . . tea?

Right before sentence Stubbs found God. Judge, I've learned my lesson, I was all wrong, I'd like to go out and spread the Gospel. The proverbial blinding light on the road to Damascus. A part of his miraculous conversion consisted of "an attorneys' website de-bunking the sovereign theories (that stand-by counsel provided to me pre-trial)" - either Q or Dan Evans, right? It seems that Stubbs' light doesn't quite travel at the usual 3 x 108 m/s, however, since it took him two years, a detour to Costa Rica, an an impending long stretch in federal prison to convert. Moreover, in the interim, he was still filing crapola as "Timothy-John, of the House of Stubbs, a living man, appearing by special appearance" and signing as "Authorized Representative".

So call me cynical.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

He's very very very really really sorry

THAT HE GOT CAUGHT!!!

Beyond that I have my doubts.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

wserra wrote:I thought perhaps some here might be interested in The Treaty of the House of Stubbs.
I took a look, did a quality review of the "paperback" document (yes, it is described as a paperback, but with only 34 pages?) that he thoughtfully sent to the Library of Congress as well as to a bunch of other people (I wonder what the Provost General Marshall of the Army thought when he got his copy).

There were red fox stamps as well as the tea pots that Wes noted (at a $1.00 a pop I am not sure that US Postal stamps were actually required to satisfy his citation of the stamp duty under "Section 101, Schedule B, Excise Tax of July 1, 1862") But for the $8.00 he spent on those, it somewhat diluted the monotony of the tea pot stamps (whose denominations I couldn't make out).

For extra points, he did use the phrase "nunc pro nunc ab initio" but he may have not used it enough. He also managed to terminate Roman (civil) Law, only roughly 1400 years after everyone else had terminated, reformed, repealed, or just basically ignored it and made up their own laws.

And out of the goodness of his heart, Stubbs declared peace with the United States and the Pope. Not even Burnaby's favorite King James version Bible pusher, Belanger, could show this much magnanimity by extending an olive branch to the Holy See after FDR viciously declared war on the American people in 1933. Thankfully, the Nazis and the Japanese attacked FDR 8 years later and kept him busy enough to cause him to lose interest in attacking US citizens for the next four years. I am not sure how the Pope got allied with FDR, but I am sure its written down somewhere in explanation. But sadly, I have to deduct points for this peace treaty, since it expired before Stubbs could even declare it. This can only be seen as a cruel joke on the part of Stubbs by telling us that we were at peace and didn't even know it. How in the world can you declare peace retroactively? And what good is it if you can? According to the document that he stamped and thumbprinted, the peace is to expire on September 22, 1965. I can only take it to mean that open warfare opened again with the Papacy on 09/23/1965, but at least we didn't have to contend with FDR since he gave up the ghost in 1945. I would appreciate if anyone could update me with the latest happenings of this war. Battles, casualty lists, orders of battle, names of generals and admirals, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

This is where I gave up reading any more. I am sure there are some other curious gems of incoherence contained within these stamped, inky pages. Maybe others will be willing to ferret them out.

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

wserra wrote: A part of his miraculous conversion consisted of "an attorneys' website de-bunking the sovereign theories...
You didn't mention that he cites the conviction of Winston Shrout, whom he describes as his "mentor over many years", was the final straw that convinced Stubbs he was on the wrong path. That certainly explains the immense cray-cray woofest in all of his filings.

Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

And out of the goodness of his heart, Stubbs declared peace with the United States and the Pope. Not even Burnaby's favorite King James version Bible pusher, Belanger, could show this much magnanimity by extending an olive branch to the Holy See after FDR viciously declared war on the American people in 1933.
Belanger hasn't shown much goodwill or Christian love and forgiveness to the government recently. The evil Alberta government cut off his AISH, essentially a welfare program for individuals unable to work because of disabilities. He'd been sucking at that government teat while running around the country generously helping people lose their homes CERI style and it seems Alberta found out. Since then he's been periodically exploding in choleric rage at the government for denying him 'his' money. He has a number of highly entertaining videos about it.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

wserra wrote:I thought perhaps some here might be interested in The Treaty of the House of Stubbs. Why, it has a red-ink thumbprint and a postage stamp of an ornate teapot on each page. Timothy made a deal with himself, sealed it, and toasted himself with . . . tea?

Right before sentence Stubbs found God. Judge, I've learned my lesson, I was all wrong, I'd like to go out and spread the Gospel. The proverbial blinding light on the road to Damascus. A part of his miraculous conversion consisted of "an attorneys' website de-bunking the sovereign theories (that stand-by counsel provided to me pre-trial)" - either Q or Dan Evans, right? It seems that Stubbs' light doesn't quite travel at the usual 3 x 108 m/s, however, since it took him two years, a detour to Costa Rica, an an impending long stretch in federal prison to convert. Moreover, in the interim, he was still filing crapola as "Timothy-John, of the House of Stubbs, a living man, appearing by special appearance" and signing as "Authorized Representative".

So call me cynical.
So many people become religious after being arrested, it's a wonder law enforcement officials haven't been charge with violating the separation of church and state.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Maybe you could sneak a Latin Vulgate Bible into Belanger's hands while he is asleep. I bet it would be the equivalent of giving Dracula garlic toast.

notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

The Observer wrote:Maybe you could sneak a Latin Vulgate Bible into Belanger's hands while he is asleep. I bet it would be the equivalent of giving Dracula garlic toast.
Now there's a concept thought.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.