Sean David Morton at sea

The Observer
Further Moderator

Re: Sean David Morton at sea

Post by The Observer »

Famspear wrote:In addition, the Court ordered that as part of the five year period of post-release supervision, these two goobers "shall not engage, as whole or partial owner, employee or otherwise, in any business involving the sale of financial instruments or providing debt relief services without the express approval of the Probation Officer prior to engaging in such employment. Further, the defendant shall provide the Probation Officer with access to any and all business records, client lists, and other records pertaining to the operation of any business owned, in whole or in part, by the defendant, as directed by the Probation Officer."
I have my doubts that Sean will be able to stay in compliance with that court order. Scamming people has become part of his lifestyle and behavior patterns. Sean will only see this as a hurdle to overcome and believing himself to be smarter and more clever than some "silly" judge, he will just come up with another way of preying on people.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
TheNewSaint
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by TheNewSaint »

The Observer wrote: I have my doubts that Sean will be able to stay in compliance with that court order. Scamming people has become part of his lifestyle and behavior patterns.

And, he still thinks the court has no authority over him. He argued this at the sentencing, for 40 minutes. The judge had to point out that this wasn't the trial. So I agree, it's very unlikely he'll do anything the court says.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

TheNewSaint wrote:
The Observer wrote: I have my doubts that Sean will be able to stay in compliance with that court order. Scamming people has become part of his lifestyle and behavior patterns.

And, he still thinks the court has no authority over him. He argued this at the sentencing, for 40 minutes. The judge had to point out that this wasn't the trial. So I agree, it's very unlikely he'll do anything the court says.
Obdurate recalcitrance is pretty standard as a character flaw for many of these scammers. Which of course means continuing entertainment for folks like us who watch the criminal careers of wackadoosters after they're released from prison, whether they be tax protesters or sovereign citizens or just plain con artists.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

Famspear wrote: Obdurate recalcitrance is pretty standard as a character flaw for many of these scammers. Which of course means continuing entertainment for folks like us

Yeah, Sean doesn't seem like he'll learn anything being in the slam, much like Pete Hendrickson didn't. The question for me is: will Melissa? She showed contrition at the sentencing, and said she wasn't going to be influenced by Sean anymore. But who knows if that's true, since she just violated her release conditions to meet him. Be interesting to see.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Famspear wrote:In addition, the Court ordered that as part of the five year period of post-release supervision, these two goobers "shall not engage, as whole or partial owner, employee or otherwise, in any business involving the sale of financial instruments or providing debt relief services without the express approval of the Probation Officer prior to engaging in such employment. Further, the defendant shall provide the Probation Officer with access to any and all business records, client lists, and other records pertaining to the operation of any business owned, in whole or in part, by the defendant, as directed by the Probation Officer."
Like that's going to happen. I don't think he's actually capable of doing anything honest, I doubt he has any real marketable skills, and running a scam doesn't count, and I think he's too lazy to actually work.

He doesn't think the courts can be the boss of him, so that's a bad start right there.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if he wasn't back to trying to run some scam or other while he was in prison, he just seems like the type.

One thing I'm pretty sure of is that he won't have changed his ways for going to prison.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

notorial dissent wrote:It wouldn't surprise me in the least if he wasn't back to trying to run some scam or other while he was in prison, he just seems like the type
The same thought occurred to me at the time - what is the over/under for Sean trying a new investment scam while in prison?
Famspear wrote:Obdurate recalcitrance...
And it's the Limerick Challenge of the Day! Use the word "obdurate" as part the rhyming scheme for a limerick!

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
notorial dissent

The Observer wrote:
notorial dissent wrote:It wouldn't surprise me in the least if he wasn't back to trying to run some scam or other while he was in prison, he just seems like the type
The same thought occurred to me at the time - what is the over/under for Sean trying a new investment scam while in prison?
Famspear wrote:Obdurate recalcitrance...
And it's the Limerick Challenge of the Day! Use the word "obdurate" as part the rhyming scheme for a limerick!
Over/under, almost immediately, dead certainty.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

:shock:

Mister Morton is certainly obdurate;
But he’s goin’ to jail -- let him pitch a fit!
Yes, Melissa and Sean
Worked a very big con,
Fed'ral prison is what they deserve for it.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

There once was a couple named Morton
Who wound up in front of the court 'n'
The man was obdurate;
The wife said "I erred it."
The judge said "her sentence, I'll shorten."

ETA: "I erred it" Was better than "I'll cure it" in line 4
Gannibal
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Gannibal »

notorial dissent wrote: The same thought occurred to me at the time - what is the over/under for Sean trying a new investment scam while in prison?
I'll be it's psychic, not financial. He's always been more about UFOs and astrology than finance, and he can do readings from prison as long as he has access to a phone. Probably much harder to get customers, though.
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

According to the U.S. Federal Bureau of Prisons, Sean David Morton is now inmate # 73055-112 at the United States Penitentiary at Tucson, Arizona. His projected release date is November 8, 2022.

Melissa Morton is not yet listed as having been transferred to the Federal Bureau of Prisons.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Tuscon is listed as a medium security prison. I am not sure if Morton failing to show up in court as ordered got him into a higher security prison than what other white-collar criminals get, but I hope that life is a little bit harder for him there.

Morton will be around 64 if he serves all 5 years. I am not sure that he will be any wiser at that point.

notorial dissent

He's had 50+ years to accomplish that, and doesn't seem to have made any headway, I can't see 5 years altering past history.
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Melissa Morton, inmate # 73056-112, is now located at the Federal Correctional Institution at Victorville, California. Her projected release date is May 16, 2019.
TheCount
Stowaway
Stowaway

Post by TheCount »

She’s back! Our dear Melissa is blogging from prison. And oh, she can get pad for her blog if you upvote!

https://steemit.com/projectcamelot/@pro ... fxfq2x33zo
JohnPCapitalist
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by JohnPCapitalist »

TheCount wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:51 am She’s back! Our dear Melissa is blogging from prison. And oh, she can get pad for her blog if you upvote!

https://steemit.com/projectcamelot/@pro ... fxfq2x33zo
Is she divorced from Sean? A very interesting blog post from her before the one you referenced:
To my friends:

Mr. Morton recently sent out an email that included my name. He did not and does not have authority to use my name. He does not have permission to do so and has in essence committed slander/liable against me. His views are not my views. He has possibly caused irreparable harm to me and my pending appeal. I do not agree with his views and he has no right to use my name without my permission. In fact, I have asked him over and over to stop using my name.

Please know that this email was done without my knowledge and I was only made aware of it when I received a copy as well as other friends telling me about it.

I appreciate each of you and I hope you know that these rants are solely the views and comments of Mr. Morton, not mine.

Many blessings,

Melissa (the REAL one, not someone else using my name)
Original at https://steemit.com/projectcamelot/@pro ... s4adwir6aw

Oh, and too, also, it's just adorable that the posts from the Mortons are mixed in with all sorts of batshit UFO/New Age stuff. My favorite is the blog post about the secret UFO base under the Getty Museum in LA. Wonder what will happen when some gun-toting loons show up there to liberate the captive aliens like that fool did at the pizza parlor in the "Pizzagate" scandal.
notorial dissent

Oh. My. Just when you think this pair have run out of cray cray, they step up their game attitude it to a whole new level of outthereness.

Wonder what scam they are running now?
TheCount
Stowaway
Stowaway

Post by TheCount »

Well I do know she's been threatening to sue everyone for everything as soon as she gets out in January when supposedly she's moving to a halfway house. Although I had no clue such a thing existed for scammers.
notorial dissent

Normally on a sentencing like that there is a requirement to go to a half way house to re-acclimate. Doesn't sound like it will achieve the desired affect. Then again it doesn't sound like prison didn't accomplish anything either.
TheCount
Stowaway
Stowaway

Post by TheCount »

I'm sure her probation officer will be fascinated by her behavior.