Sean David Morton at sea

rogfulton
Caveat Venditor
Location: No longer behind the satellite dish, second door along - in fact, not even in the same building.

Re: Sean David Morton at sea

Post by rogfulton »

He's also a Renaissance man - yes, this IS about the GCR and dinars.

http://inteldinarchronicles.blogspot.co ... 1.html?m=1
"No man is above the law and no man is below it; nor do we ask any man's permission when we require him to obey it. Obedience to the law is demanded as a right; not asked as a favor."
- President Theodore Roosevelt
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

rogfulton wrote:Didn't find anything specifically on something called a Psychic Investment Mutual Fund, unless you mean what is referred to here? It mentions a trial date of April 4, 2017.

Having refreshed my memory a bit, (the UFO Watchdog stuff is a gold mine, if a little dated), it was called Delphi Group or some variations on that. He faced civil charges but despite flat out stealing $6 million, I can find no evidence he ever faced criminal charges in that incident. He was at one time ordered to pay $14 million dollars and had a hard deadline to do so, but again, I can't find any evidence he did.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
rogfulton
Caveat Venditor
Location: No longer behind the satellite dish, second door along - in fact, not even in the same building.

Post by rogfulton »

I should have read your post a little closer.

I did find this quote regarding why the civil judgement was entered as a default.
Securities Law Prof Blog wrote:Bizarrely, according to the SEC, the defendants never properly answered the allegations in the complaint. Instead, the Mortons filed dozens of papers with the Court claiming, for instance, that the Commission is a private entity that has no jurisdiction over them, and that the staff attorneys working on the case do not exist.
"No man is above the law and no man is below it; nor do we ask any man's permission when we require him to obey it. Obedience to the law is demanded as a right; not asked as a favor."
- President Theodore Roosevelt
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

.....the Mortons filed dozens of papers with the Court claiming, for instance, that the Commission is a private entity that has no jurisdiction over them, and that the staff attorneys working on the case do not exist.
Maybe the Mortons could argue that in their tax-related criminal case, the court and the prosecutors were "private entities" that had "no jurisdiction" over them.

Similarly, once the Mortons are sentenced and thrown in the slammer, they'll be able to argue that the facilities of the Federal Bureau of Prisons are "private entities" that have "no jurisdiction" over them. I have a feeling the Mortons are going to be in those "private" facilities for a long, long, long time.

:twisted:
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Jeffrey
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Jeffrey »

http://ufowatchdog.blogspot.com/2017/04 ... creed.html

UFO website has updated with a discussion of Morton's attempt at creating his own common law court, a concept no doubt gotten from Lentz.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Famspear wrote:Similarly, once the Mortons are sentenced and thrown in the slammer, they'll be able to argue that the facilities of the Federal Bureau of Prisons are "private entities" that have "no jurisdiction" over them. I have a feeling the Mortons are going to be in those "private" facilities for a long, long, long time.

For the Mortons to believe that those "private facilities" don't exist while they are serving time inside them is going to take some serious metaphysical manipulation on their part.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I just hope they had the good sense to lock them up, as I don't see them voluntarily showing up for sentencing. Whether delusional or jsut playing a part I don't see them being cooperative for sentences like they are facing.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

The Observer wrote:
Famspear wrote:Similarly, once the Mortons are sentenced and thrown in the slammer, they'll be able to argue that the facilities of the Federal Bureau of Prisons are "private entities" that have "no jurisdiction" over them. I have a feeling the Mortons are going to be in those "private" facilities for a long, long, long time.

For the Mortons to believe that those "private facilities" don't exist while they are serving time inside them is going to take some serious metaphysical manipulation on their part.
Satan in Paradise Lost wrote:The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
KickahaOta

Post by KickahaOta »

Burnaby49 wrote:
Sean Morton faces up to 650 years in prison when he is sentenced June 19; Melissa Morton faces up to 625 years.
You Americans are hardass about jail time. We're lucky if tax evaders get a couple of years.
I'm sure you know this, but since it's a pet peeve I'll respond anyway:

American crime reporters love to look up the maximum sentences for crimes, add them up, and say 'So-and-so faces UP TO 750 YEARS in federal prison.' This is much like me saying that the lottery ticket in my wallet offers UP TO 90 MILLION DOLLARS in winnings. Yes, both are possible. No, neither one is gonna happen.

This is especially true in cases involving lots of small crimes. Suppose that I defraud 100 people out of $500 each, and get found guilty of 100 counts of mail fraud. When last I checked, the statutory maximum for garden-variety mail fraud was 20 years. So, in theory, I could be sentenced to UP TO 2000 YEARS in federal prison. But the federal sentencing guidelines say that the sentence for 100 $500 frauds should be only somewhat higher than the sentence for a single $50,000 fraud. Yes, the sentencing guidelines are advisory; but still, the guideline sentence would probably be in the single-digit-year range, and an appellate court is going to look rather grumpily at a judge that decides to sentence someone to several thousand percent of the guideline range.
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

True enough but he'll still get way more time than someone in Canada convicted of a similar set of offenses. Do the same math in Canada and it will just be a fraction of the American potential.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

KickahaOta wrote:American crime reporters love to look up the maximum sentences for crimes, add them up, and say 'So-and-so faces UP TO 750 YEARS in federal prison.' This is much like me saying that the lottery ticket in my wallet offers UP TO 90 MILLION DOLLARS in winnings. Yes, both are possible. No, neither one is gonna happen.....
Yes, but can't a fellow have the luxury of wallowing in his dreams?
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

KickahaOta wrote:...[T]he guideline sentence would probably be in the single-digit-year range...
And then we will see the defendant claim that he beat the charges since he only got a few years compared to what the evil gubmint was trying to sentence him.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

I'm also uncomfortable with the idea of huge jail sentences for non-violent crime. But on the other hand, they obtained nearly half a million dollars of tax payer money through fraud. Average American has to work ten years to make that much money, functionally they've stolen ten years of a persons labor, or 50 years worth of taxes paid by an average citizen.

A slap on the wrist isn't appropriate.
notorial dissent

Not to mention all the other people they swindled who will probably never be whole. The sentencing guidelines can be a bit draconian, and if the subject doesn't show any remorse or like this pair denies it all, then they tend to get hard nosed about it, that and if they get out they will probably go and do the same thing again, as that seems to be the pattern.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Sean did a radio show last night asking for donations. During the show he mentioned that he was helped during the trial by a couple named Mika or Miko and Zika (sounded like that anyways), also mentioned that they are helping with the appeal. Has anyone heard of them before? They're basically common law gurus, offshoot of Bill Thornton stuff. Has anyone heard of them? I assume they're in California / LA area with Sean.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

I think they cause birth defects.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

wserra wrote:I think they cause birth defects.
Then by state law, they have to be labeled.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Gannibal
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Gannibal »

I had the same question as Jeffrey, about the legal "experts" he was going to have on his radio show. I missed that broadcast, and I'm very curious about who they are and what their strategy is. He was very insistent in the episode I did hear that he's going to get the whole thing vacated. :sarcastic:

Hey, if he wants to spend his last few weeks as a free man burrowing deeper into fantasy world, that's his business. He and his wife apparently have a ton of cats, though; they operate a "cattery" and breed them. I hope they have enough contact with the real world to make some arrangements for the animals. Hate to think what happens if they walk into their sentencing hearing without having at least given a neighbor a key.

(Also in the episode I heard, he claimed that his wife fainted when the verdict was announced, fell, and hit her head on the table or something. Not entirely sure what the injury was, but he claims she was clinically dead for four minutes. Anna Merlan from Jezebel was there to cover part of the trial, but I think she missed that moment.)
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Gannibal wrote:....he claimed that his wife fainted when the verdict was announced, fell, and hit her head on the table or something. Not entirely sure what the injury was, but he claims she was clinically dead for four minutes......
Based on the goofy arguments the couple has used, maybe they can argue that they're both brain dead.......

8)
notorial dissent

That would be believable at least. Took too many of their own supplements.