The Passing of a TP - Ty Hardin

The Observer
Further Moderator

The Passing of a TP - Ty Hardin

Post by The Observer »

Normally most TPs pass into obscurity at the time of their demise and don't rate a timely mention here on Quatloos, except maybe as an afterthought. The exception here is that we have never discussed Ty Hardin here before, at least in my memory; a search of our site doesn't show any mention, unless it happened in posts that disappeared in the Great Dump of 2007 or 2008.

For the old timers here, they may recognize Hardin as a relatively successful actor in the late 50's and early 60s'. Apart from a couple of movies, his biggest roles were on TV. He was in Cheyenne which later spun off a character from there to his own series Bronco. By the mid-60s TV westerns were fading, and Hardin's contracts expired. He drifted off to Europe to do a few spaghetti westerns but that fad ended by the early 70's and he pretty much disappeared from the public eye.

Except that Hardin started getting into battles with the IRS in the late 70's over taxes. So much so that Hardin, by this time living in Arizona, organized a "school" called (what else?) the "Common Law Institute" and published a "patriot handbook" that claimed that there were "tested cases and methods to maintain good personal freedom." He also functioned as editor of the organization's monthly "Arizona Patriot" that featured articles on how to interfere with the government and re-prints of anti-Semitic articles from other sources. This anti-tax group later on morphed into a militia called the Arizona Patriots. They became known for being anti-Semitic and for filing nuisance suits in court similar to the antics of the Posse Comitatus movement. Eventually the group came under the watch of the federales and some members were arrested for stockpiling of weapons, bomb making, and plans to blow up dams, an IRS facility, a synagogue and the Simon Weisenthal center.

The Patriots, by most accounts, disbanded by the end of the '80s, although there are reports that some members are trying to reactivate it. There is no record of when Hardin left the organization nor anything to indicate that he was ever arrested or under suspicion for being part of the violent activities of the group. He died on August 3, 2017 in Huntington Beach, California at the age of 87, leaving behind a wife, 7 ex-wives and 10 children.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
obadiah
Pirate
Pirate

Re: The Passing of a TP - Ty Hardin

Post by obadiah »

Ty was an interesting guy. Classic TP/Anti-government type detailed everywhere here.
I met him at a neighbor's party where he was in full rant mode. I also ended up buying my current house from him.
RIP Ty.
1. There is a kind of law that I like, which are my own rules, which I call common law. It applies to me.
2. There are many other kinds of law but they don’t apply to me, because I say so."
LLAP
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

I had no idea he was involved in the things outlined in this thread.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

Orison certainly went through the ladies;
In 1958, Hardin had his name changed legally from Orison Whipple Hungerford Jr. to Ty Hardin. He ascribed the change to a matter of convenience.[7]

From 1962 to 1966, he was married to the 1961 Miss Universe, German beauty queen Marlene Schmidt, who later worked in the movie industry; they had one daughter. At the time of his death, Hardin lived with his eighth wife, Caroline, in Huntington Beach, California.[8]
Wikipedia makes no mention of his political views apart from this.
After difficulties with the Internal Revenue Service, Hardin founded an anti-tax movement in Prescott, Arizona. In 1982, the movement became known as the Arizona Patriots.[9] The group was anti-Semitic.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ty_Hardin
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Here is the link to Hardin's personal website: http://tyhardin.net/

If you check out his "Special Message" you can get a flavor of the things that Ty believed in, though it appears to be driven by stream of consciousness. This was from his last message from 2009:
Hay [sic] Folks I saw Clint’s last film Grand Torino. He didn’t play the Prosecutor as he was just a angry old man.
You may not agree with our founding fathers but the sub-humans that now control our monetary system are destroying our nation’s freedoms with financial bondage and their no-win wars.
We cannot sit back and watch our nation being reduced into financial slavery while your kids are being stationed all over the world protecting their globalist assets.
Cowboys get off your butts out of their usury debt. Put a stash away of food and ammo.
This present collapse of our economy is just a clear picture of the events to come. Having a black president may be a giant step in your eyes for equal opportunity but it was not as it does make a gigantic statement?
When the economy hits a brick wall, the frustrations of despair and hunger goes too the streets, the armed masses will be the most lethal mass of humanity in the entire world. What do you think their Homeland security is all about? They can’t augment their One World Order without disarming or killing Patriots and they well know it.
The World Globalist have no respect for God’s creation and their greed and desires for total World Control are now apparent too all who have opened their eyes. Marshall Law will be implemented and Homeland Security will protect their butts from the millions of armed Patriots getting prepared to defend our Constitution.
But to give Ty credit, he does provide a cautionary advisement about his postings:
Just a lot of my past is a blur. Sign of old age and dementia.

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

And the NY Times ran an obit.

notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Never would've thunked it. The last I thought or saw of him was when he was shilling old westerns for some, I assume, low end tv market, and I have no idea how old the clip I saw was when I saw it. He had aged to the point I wouldn't have recognized him if they hadn't announced it.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Samphire
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Post by Samphire »

I remember Ty in Bronco back in the 60s. Not least because we used have a brand of shiny toilet paper also called Bronco. On every sheet was printed the additional phrase “With Izal germicide” so I could never refer to the “Bronco” series without adding ”with Izal germicide.”