Jennifer R. Leeson, Stevens Acolyte

wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Jennifer R. Leeson, Stevens Acolyte

Post by wserra »

This has turned into an interesting story - interesting enough that I don't just tack it on to a long-running Marc Stevens thread.

Stevens brags all the time about his "successes". Since virtually all of them are low-level stuff like traffic violations, they are hard to track, especially since Stevens redacts identifying information such as names, courts and docket numbers. Every now and then, it is possible to dig up the original docs. When that happens, I am sure that the readers will be shocked to learn that the cases fall into one of two groups: either the "success" is due to a cop not showing (both literally and figuratively), or Stevens' position actually lost. Stevens and his little band of sycophants vilify anyone who points this out. And Stevens most definitely charges for his "advice".

Anyway, one Jennifer R. Leeson was arrested in Lewis County, WV, and charged with speeding and driving without a license. As Stevens tells it:
there was a trial where no evidence of jurisdiction and an element of the charge was presented. There was also no witness with personal knowledge the constitution and code applied just because they were physically in West Virginia.

After the judgment of guilty, they filed a motion to dismiss/vacate on grounds there was no evidence proving jurisdiction and an essential element of the charge. Not only was the motion granted, it dismissed the charges with prejudice. That’s two significant points; it was after a sham trial and it’s with prejudice, meaning it cannot be brought back, it’s a decision on the merits. The prosecution did not have evidence to prove jurisdiction (and an essential element of charge) and cannot bring the same charge against them, it’s now res judicata
He posts a redacted copy of the order, but with enough info to find the case.

Miller time, right? It's all over, more proof that Stevens is a legal genius.

That order (link to unredacted copy) looked very strange to me. First of all, it labels Leeson as the "alleged defendant". WTF? Further, when one looks at the motion that the order purports to grant, it's abject bullshit. What's going on here?

The best I could figure it out: WV has a system of de novo trials in the Circuit Court for defendants whom the Magistrate's Court convicts of a misdemeanor. We knew that Leeson had been convicted by a Magistrate (one Michael Gissy) and appealed to the Circuit Court. The only thing that made any sense was that the appeal was dismissed, not the original charge. That wasn't a perfect explanation - "alleged defendant"? "with prejudice"? - but it was the best available. I posted it on Stevens' board.

Man, did that ignite a firestorm. I was the biggest asshole since Jeffrey Dahmer. Scroll down from my post. And, of course, they all kiss Stevens' ass. I was also the subject of a few Stevens blog posts, such as "Wesley Serra - Disgraceful New York Lawyer" and "Cherry Picking Liar Wesley Serra" and (earlier) "Habitual Lying Attorney - Wesley M. Serra". Please don't anyone tell Stevens that the only reaction I get is "Man, you must be doing something right."

While the above seemed to be the most likely explanation, that order still bothered me. It no longer does.

A couple of weeks ago, the same judge entered this order. After the de novo bench trial, Leeson told the judge that she wished to dismiss her appeal. The judge said fine, and she submitted an order the judge signed. However, she sneaked in an order not dismissing the appeal, but rather dismissing the case. I wonder if Stevens had anything to do with that. Of course, it certainly would be better if judges didn't just sign orders without reading them, especially proposed orders that the parties submit. Still, I note that my recreation of events - without the benefit of an order from two weeks ago - was on target.

The judge then went on to render a written decision on the de novo trial he conducted, again finding Leeson guilty and imposing sentence. Submitting a false order could clearly constitute a contempt, but the judge at this point probably just wishes this all would go away.

And Stevens is again 0-for-everything.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
wserra

Re: Jennifer R. Leeson, Stevens Acolyte

Post by wserra »

I posted an adapted version of the above to Stevens' board. Popcorn, anyone?
- David Hume
juan galt
Swabby
Swabby

Post by juan galt »

Needless to say I will be watching Stevens' forum for responses. Even though he banned me from posting, at least I can get my entertainment from reading.
Have you figured out who "Joe", Ethical Anarchism Articulated, is?
wserra

Post by wserra »

juan galt wrote:Have you figured out who "Joe", Ethical Anarchism Articulated, is?
I think so. Some guy named Joe Pierce. All he does is make videos.
- David Hume
juan galt
Swabby
Swabby

Post by juan galt »

wserra wrote:
juan galt wrote:Have you figured out who "Joe", Ethical Anarchism Articulated, is?
I think so. Some guy named Joe Pierce. All he does is make videos.

In the comment section of his video, Joe claimed to me that, "i got all charges from a house raid dropped via the same motion to dismiss", regarding Stevens' motions to dismiss. And in the video he states he wants to start "helping" people and Leeson's case will make his "reputation". I guess he's looking for a piece of the TP/sovrun/anarchist pie. He's movin' on up.
Gannibal
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Gannibal »

That forum thread is so depressing to read; MS's customers seem to get his script in their head and use it in lieu of actually learning anything about the law. Same with his podcast, which I listen to from time to time. The callers all sound so down and out, it's horrifying to hear him rook them over and over again.
Pirate Purveyor of the Last Word

Post by . »

This illustrates why I would hire Wes in a flash if I ever needed legal help in any jurisdiction that he's licensed to practice in.

He's burrowed into the mound of fabricated garbage that an inveterate lying chickenshit like Stevens builds and disseminates to his acolytes and has proven him to be a scammer, yet again.

A bit off-topic, but I think Stevens should get himself a law license. Then, he could operate a "ticket clinic" practice.

I say that because a friend of mine got a ticket for making an illegal left turn a few months ago. Absolutely guilty of it, too.

Huh. Bad news. $179 was the price of the infraction listed on the ticket. So, I called a "ticket clinic"-type firm and was assured that there would be no points, no stupid "schools" and no insurance impact even though ALL of the cops ALWAYS show up because here in Miami all of the local fiefdoms pay cops overtime to show up for every single case. All of these benefits for a mere $150.

And he was exactly right. Cop showed up. Adjudication deferred. Why? No reason given. Wink, wink. Nod, nod. No consequences whatsoever except for the extra $150, on top of the normal fine. And no goofy arguments about jurisdiction or who's a citizen of where or anything else.

At 150 bucks a pop I smell some sort of racket going on, but one that poor Stevens might actually have a chance of winning at, should he have a ticket to practice law.
All the States incorporated daughter corporations for transaction of business in the 1960s or so. - Some voice in Van Pelt's head, circa 2006.
juan galt
Swabby
Swabby

Post by juan galt »

. wrote: A bit off-topic, but I think Stevens should get himself a law license. Then, he could operate a "ticket clinic" practice.
But then Stevens would be part of the criminal organization he calls govt. His "practice" requires no knowledge of law or legal procedure - only magical questions. Stevens' followers are convinced that he has discovered a "silver bullet" that stops judges, prosecutors and govt from applying their laws to anyone who has not consented. The excuses they come up with to explain Stevens' failures are entertaining but pathetic. Hell, Leeson's husband thinks I caused the judge to correct the Order. Maybe I'm magical?
wserra

Post by wserra »

juan galt wrote:Hell, Leeson's husband thinks I caused the judge to correct the Order.
How do you know that? Anything you can share?

And thanks, "."
- David Hume
juan galt
Swabby
Swabby

Post by juan galt »

wserra wrote:
juan galt wrote:Hell, Leeson's husband thinks I caused the judge to correct the Order.

And thanks, "."
Here's his comment to me regarding the Judges corrected Order,

Gadsden Viper 4 days ago
"Fuck you Gault, I'm sure you had a hand in this you piece of shit BAR member, but don't sweat it we are
taking it to the supreme court, Reger and Hall violated so much due process that all this will do is
give us more access to expose the fraud and violence you and your buddies perpetrate on the rest of us".
Gannibal
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Gannibal »

Caught the latest MS podcast, to see if he addressed this. He doesn't, but there was an interesting call from a guy named Loren Brown. Brown claims he was just arraigned on conspiracy and tax fraud charges, either in South Dakota or Colorado. (I was feeding the baby at the time and didn't quite follow his story.) He got the usual spiel--engage in the patented Roll Plays, freak out that the government can't prove that it exists, etc. Poor guy's fucked.

An ugly reminder that MS doesn't just screw people with traffic tickets; he preys on the gullible at any level he can.

Edit: Loren Brown, case number 17-40058 in the District of South Dakota. Nothing juicy in there that I've seen, although it looks like he may have had some trouble entering a "not guilty" plea and received some assistance from the court.
wserra

Post by wserra »

It appears that Stevens moderates all comments to his blog. Among the several blog posts in which Stevens bad-mouths me is Wesley Serra - Disgraceful New York Lawyer. I posted the following comment:
So I’m “despicable”. I “cherry pick[ed] evidence and prosecute[d] people knew were innocent”. I’m “petty”. I “suppress evidence”. I “lack ethics”. I’m “dishonest”.

After seeing Stevens accuse me of those things, now, good reader, suppose I was right all along. I was, by the way. See http://www.marcstevens.net/board/thread ... l#pid70525 – or, if that’s no longer there, see [this thread].

What does that make Stevens?

What are the odds of it seeing the light of day?
- David Hume
juan galt
Swabby
Swabby

Post by juan galt »

wserra wrote:

Less now. It appears Stevens has now set up his website where a visitor has to login to browse his site and forum. That ought to slow down the spread of his BS. We've made some headway?
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

juan galt wrote:
wserra wrote:

Less now. It appears Stevens has now set up his website where a visitor has to login to browse his site and forum. That ought to slow down the spread of his BS. We've made some headway?
Sort of, maybe? At least now the rubes have to demonstrate they are determined participants trying to find specious ways to get out of the trouble they originally got themselves into.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

And so that Marvelous Marc can get them in even more probably worse trouble.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
juan galt
Swabby
Swabby

Post by juan galt »

wserra wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:16 pm

And thanks, "."
Some time back you asked me if I knew whether Stevens was responsible for that bogus Order the judge signed in Leeson's case. I can now tell you that the Proposed Order template that Stevens sells does use "alleged defendant" in the caption.
wserra

Post by wserra »

Do you have the template? If so, please post it.
- David Hume
juan galt
Swabby
Swabby

Post by juan galt »

wserra wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:19 pm Do you have the template? If so, please post it.
Here it is.

Proposed order

County court of your choice

“STATE OF WASHINGTON”
aka “PROSECUTORS NAME”
Plaintiff,
Vs.
NAME,
alleged defendant___________________________

ORDER

This matter, having come before the Court on defendant’s motion to dismiss; the Court
being fully advised of the premises and good cause appearing, it is hereby ORDERED granting
defendant’s motion to dismiss with prejudice.

_________________________ Date:
Judge of the Court
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Post by Arthur Rubin »

juan galt wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:07 pm
wserra wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:19 pm Do you have the template? If so, please post it.
Here it is.

Proposed order

County court of your choice

“STATE OF WASHINGTON”
aka “PROSECUTORS NAME”
Plaintiff,
Vs.
NAME,
alleged defendant___________________________

ORDER

This matter, having come before the Court on defendant’s motion to dismiss; the Court
being fully advised of the premises and good cause appearing, it is hereby ORDERED granting
defendant’s motion to dismiss with prejudice.

_________________________ Date:
Judge of the Court
The judge should sign it... The defendant named in the body is obviously someone other than the named alleged defendant. Must be his/her strawman.... :lol:
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95
wserra

Post by wserra »

juan galt wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:07 pmHere it is.
Thanks, but I meant in a form that could be linked to Stevens - in particular, the template file that he sells. It would be ... interesting to show that it was his template that was used to deceive the court.
- David Hume